Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,810 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan (27528 Views)

Burna Boys: The ‘Twice As Tall’ Album Review / DOWNLOAD FULL ALBUM: Wizkid – Sounds From The Other Side / Wizkid Releases Album Cover And Track List For ''sounds From The Other Side'' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Awho(m): 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
dude doing good for himself
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by tomdon(m): 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
Where did you buy it
Abeg transfer it through Bluetooth to us that can never buy useless CD
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
for wizy mind .he dey international ..no naija artisteee... Wizz u jst deey gradually kill ya career ....ask an average naija peeps when lastt did wizz sing new music , uu will see dat he iss gradually fadinnng... And let ssee where ur song go peak for bilboard .

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Melvinsofty: 2:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
If something is bad say it... If an upcoming artist drop this as album the curses on him/her would be so much but since it's wizkid u are licking his ass.. Mofos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by mp4soju(m): 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ericaikince:
idot two two minutes songs ..

the only song that is 2 mins in that album is Perfect picture...

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Amoyinoluwa24: 2:11pm On Jul 14, 2017
I was gonna say that too. This not a review, just a few lines hyping the album undecided
RZArecta:
I need reviews from neutral critics not "biggest fans". I like wizkid but for some years now, it's been risky downloading or buying albums after much hype only to be disappointed

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Ginaz(f): 2:12pm On Jul 14, 2017
*me* I love you wizkid,

*wizkid* I love you too, baby you set and fine. Me gonna marry you, take you over the world.

*me* oh my God!!!! You don't mean it!!! shocked

*wizkid* ya baby, ~ brings out a ring~ will you marry me?

* me* yes *faints*

~ woke up with a slap from my mom ~

You dey craze? Where the eba I ask you to make ready? U dey here dey turn ordinary water since 2 hours.

*beats me with broom *

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Pzlatan: 2:15pm On Jul 14, 2017
The EP is great especially these songs
Nobody
Gbese
Dirty wine
One for me
Perfect picture

I got no favourite

5 Likes

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by mikaael(m): 2:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
00Ademi:
Ep or LP
wat is Ep n Lp educate pls
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by blastac: 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2017
Please guys it's not an album but an E.P
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Milo30(m): 2:22pm On Jul 14, 2017
seunny4lif:
Good but I'm still waiting for Drake grin grin grin
We are waiting for him to "come closer" grin
seunny4lif:
Good but I'm still waiting for Drake grin grin grin
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by maklelemakukula(m): 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2017
The fan should go and play with sand grin
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by juntod: 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2017
Wale is coming to Nigeria, Wizkid is trying to blend into America. Shitty move. Nobody knows you here. Na only Nigerians in diaspora go still play your music..
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jul 14, 2017
Holuwadamilarey:
Starboy , RcA records act , Kayode Ayodeji Balogun Aka , Wizkid dropped his highly anticipated album earlier today , And as his number one fan ,I have already bought mine ,

Now there has been much hype and rumors about the album that it sounds too foreign and un-African , I can personally tell you that this is not true, . WizKid in his pure musical genius , blends a lot of sounds from every part of the music world and delivers it on this masterpiece.

1 . Sweet love (prod by sarz) : There is great musical chemistry between wizkid and Ace producer SARZ. This is also demonstrated in this track, it is a pure afrobeat track , much like a song by Afrobeat legend and wizkid mentor ; The late Fela Anikulapo Kuti . Pure Afrobeats.

2. Come closer ft Drake : I'm sure this song is not new to anybody here. , the video sparked a lot of controversy as Drake did not appear in it, also Produced by SARZ.

3. Naughty ride ft Major Lazer : Wizkid once again showing his musical prowess and connection by teaming up with international music production team major Lazer, who are also known for producing a lot of hit songs globally, it is a relaxed, dancehall, slow song just like come closer.

4.African Bad Gyal ft Chris brown : Grammy award winning artiste and pal of WizKid , Chris brown also known as Chris breezy, comes through for wizkid and they both deliver this monster summer hit. Its sure gonna rock the Airwaves globally. Also produced by SARZ

5. Daddy yo ft Efya : I'm sure everybody knows about this dancehall hit

6. One for me ft Ty Dollar sign : Starboy teams up with American act Type Dollar sign and drop this relaxing Afro hip hop jam. It is produced by American producer and hit maker ;DJ Mustard.

7. picture perfect. : Wizkid expresses himself in this slow love song. It has this Afropop background sound to it . Dope jam !

8. Nobody : personally one of my best songs on the album, Its slow, relaxing and a very nice laid back songs by wizkid .

9. Sexy: Pure afrobeats song, WizKid once again using the fela sound and tone, surely going to be a hit. It is produced by SPELLZ

10. All for love ft Bucie : WizKid teams up with South African house music Diva -Bucie, on this wonderful south African house music genre, surely going to be a hit , especially in Africa.

11. Dirty whine ft Type Dollar sign: This song produced by SARZ is a jam, Although I personally think the both of them could have done better.

12: Gbese ft Trey songz : R&B genius Trey Song joins Starboy on this Del B produced jam. It has quite a catchy tone.

As we can see, the album has no local Nigerian Artiste on it, This shows WizKids international recognition and also displays his aim of selling African music to the world

@ written by me

Abioye oluwadamilare.

lalasticlala cc
Nonsense!
Wack , tantrum as usual.
Pikin everywhere.
2000 kids, no 90s will ever listen to these rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Abagworo(m): 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2017
The album is wack. I think "Dirty Whine" is the best song you've not heard. For me the only song worth downloading as single is "Sweet Love" which was released some time ago. Wizkid needs to come back home. "It has do".

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Dexema(m): 2:26pm On Jul 14, 2017
Not really a fan but I think wizzy needs to be careful and not get sucked in by the American music scene....learn from d'banj

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by drtee247(m): 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
Is this what you call a "Review"?? Smh..

1 Like

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by IamOpemipo(m): 2:30pm On Jul 14, 2017
RZArecta:
I need reviews from neutral critics not "biggest fans". I like wizkid but for some years now, it's been risky downloading or buying albums after much hype only to be disappointed
It's going worth ya money bro, the album is classic
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by seunny4lif(m): 2:39pm On Jul 14, 2017
grin
Milo30:

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Sagay212: 2:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
INVESTORBNAIRA:
Frog voice ninja turtle fans will come here and start hating on wizzy babanla who is not on the same level with that razz local nigga with a funny looking hairline

Oh my! why are you guys so wicked....LMAO this is brutal
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Baddest69(m): 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
raphok1:
Wish him good. its good he is trying to take our style to the rest of the world, But I also think wizkid now looks down on our local artists. Do I have a witness?
you don't have a witness

1 Like

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by happney65: 2:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
Cutezt:
Wizzy baby, I love the fact that he is trying to give us international recognition, but Nigerians and Africans mostly don't identify with these kind of songs, they prefer paoangolo ojuju calabar.. Nice tunes tho, sarz going places, btw, has maleek finally stopped producing?

Maleek seems to be more into singing now..And so far so good he is doing well with all he's hits..The latest one is "On fire"
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Holuwadamilarey(m): 2:48pm On Jul 14, 2017
Cutezt:
Wizzy baby, I love the fact that he is trying to give us international recognition, but Nigerians and Africans mostly don't identify with these kind of songs, they prefer paoangolo ojuju calabar.. Nice tunes tho, sarz going places, btw, has maleek finally stopped producing?

maleek berry is still producing, he does more singing now tho
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by marksleek25: 2:49pm On Jul 14, 2017
personally come closer is the only track i can have on my playlist. The other songs are just 'there' as in 'there'
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Ne0w1zarD: 2:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ericaikince:
idot two two minutes songs ..
Idiot, that's why its called EP!
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Stevengerd(m): 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2017
forget the hype, forget his status. The Ep is a combination of nonsense. me wey be Newschool, No fit write/ sing wack tune Like Dis, All The Songs Are Crap. Anyday Anytime I Rep " Pon Pon" Sound.

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Ne0w1zarD: 2:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
Dexema:
Not really a fan but I think wizzy needs to be careful and not get sucked in by the American music scene....learn from d'banj
This is entirely different from what DBanj did. He used Yoruba and Pidgin in most of the songs, most were produced by Nigerian produceers.

At least be happy that when you tune in to an international channel, you'll see a Nigerian artist song there!

2 Likes

Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by pinkyruledworld(m): 2:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
where is the review?
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Ne0w1zarD: 2:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
Stevengerd:
forget the hype, forget his status. The Ep is a combination of nonsense. me wey be upcoming, No fit write/ sing wack tune Like Dis, All The Songs Are Crap. Anyday Anytime I Rep " Pon Pon" Sound.
And since how many years now you've been "upcoming" ?
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Holuwadamilarey(m): 2:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hanabian:
@OP,are u nuts?
Is this how you review a song? List the song name and tell us who was featured on it and the producer?
E be like say your head dey pain you.

write urs let's see.
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by yinkeys(m): 2:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
tonididdy:

track 1to12 all shitty

wizkid just sings rubbish all day long.
angry just play it in a car and bump to it. I think it's d^pe.
Re: Wizkid : Sounds From The Other Side ; Album Review By A Fan by Stevengerd(m): 2:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ne0w1zarD:

And since how many years now you've been "upcoming" ?
Shey U Wan Epp Me? I will be glad bro!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Musician, Osayomore Joseph, Is Dead / Da Grin - 'If I Die' (released Just Before He Died) / Pls Where Can I Download Free Mp3 Songs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.