Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,414 members, 7,836,661 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

EFCC Trial: OAU Students, Staff Storm Osogbo As Court Grants Ex-vc Bail - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / EFCC Trial: OAU Students, Staff Storm Osogbo As Court Grants Ex-vc Bail (404 Views)

UNILORIN Shut, Students, Staff Turned Back (photos) / UNILORIN To Enforce Dress Code On Students, Staff / OAU Staff, Students Go Wild In Ede As Court Remands Ex-VC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Trial: OAU Students, Staff Storm Osogbo As Court Grants Ex-vc Bail by Aminat508(f): 11:25am On Jul 14, 2017

Staff and students of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Osun Friday morning stormed High Court in Osogbo, in solidarity with their docked former acting Vice Chancellor, Professor Anthony Elujoba, who was granted bail by the Presiding Judge.

Professor Elujoba alongside the bursar of the school, Mrs. Josephine Akeredolu are currently being prosecuted by the Economic and Financial Crime Commission(EFCC) on allegations of financial misappropriation.

The case which is being presided over by Justice David Oladimeji of the Osun state high court in Ede, was brought to Osogbo.

The reason for change in location Amiloaded correspondent gathered may not be unconnected with the agitation of students and staff of the university last Monday, after the defendants were ordered to be remanded in prison custody pending ruling on their bail applications.

Professor Anthony was granted bail on self recognition but ordered not to travel out of Nigeria as long as the trial last asking the EFCC to deposit his passport with the court registrar.

Mrs Ronke Akeredolu was granted bail in the sum of N50m with two sureties in the like sum.

The two sureties are to be members of the academic or non-academic staff of the university with highest salary grade and they are to deposit same for verification.

Source : http://www.amiloaded.com/2017/07/breaking-news-judge-grants-ex-vc.html
Re: EFCC Trial: OAU Students, Staff Storm Osogbo As Court Grants Ex-vc Bail by fistonati(m): 12:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
Imagine the way this students are trading their future, just because of how much the VC and his cronies will give them and they are staging solidarity. I hope we wake up soon.
Re: EFCC Trial: OAU Students, Staff Storm Osogbo As Court Grants Ex-vc Bail by YOLO1(m): 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
fistonati:
Imagine the way this students are trading their future, just because of how much the VC and his cronies will give them and they are staging solidarity. I hope we wake up soon.
Guy. Shut up there if you don't know anything. Over 30 thousand OAU students can't be bought over with money not to talk of ASUU and NASU members giving him support. You need to see the transformation that this man brought to the institution when he acted as the VC. Graduates were mobilised promptly and Salary the last administration owed NASU was paid immediately.
The charges against him are just the plan of the enemies to get back at him.
Won't forget the row this man played in my mobilisation after my result was delayed by my department for 2 years. If not for him, I would have bone service.
Elujoba. May the almighty God keep you afloat ur enemies and may you laugh last.
Love you sir
Re: EFCC Trial: OAU Students, Staff Storm Osogbo As Court Grants Ex-vc Bail by ADEWUMIMichael(m): 7:21pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hmmm, that's 9ja for you

(1) (Reply)

#audit Lautech / Research topics in photonics (closed) / Malaria Consortium : Dr Sylvia Meek Scholarship 2017 - Click To Apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.