Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,725 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

My Experience At Mushin Olosha - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Experience At Mushin Olosha (573 Views)

Aproko: My Experience At The Wedding Party / My Experience With A Plagiarist / My Experience At Port-Harcourt's Motor Park (Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience At Mushin Olosha by Kizzkid3(m): 12:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
MY EXPERIENCE AT MUSHIN OLOSHA
( A SHORT STORY )

It was a cool Saturday morning, I woke up reciting my dua and I went straight to mosque. After praying I didn't know where that sleep came from it just took me away. Maybe because of the saari night or because I pressed my phone till 2oclock yesterday before sleeping. I was sleeping and enjoying my dream before I felt a soft tap on my back.

Omg who is that? Not at this time I thought. Opening my eye I saw it was my younger brother as he said "Boda Quadri babami n pe yin". (Brother Quadri my dad is calling you) I stood up at once and walk toward our room. I saw my dad already dressed for work. The look on his face one will surely know it's an angered one.

"Wount you go to work? How many times do I need to remind you today it's today we are going to fix those glasses for Mr. Yan" He yelled at me with anger on his face. I don't like going out with dad maybe because he is too aggressive or the fact that I don't really like his profession.

I immediately fetched water from our well, bathed,and since it was Ramadan period I already brush my teeth at saari.
I walked down Adeoye street moving towards Pako line 5 and I went straight to our shop opening the door and bringing goods out for advertising. Oops dad was already there.

Baba Muhammed is a rugged man, Very playful, wicked and aggressive, He do warn me about me sagging my trousers. I remembered those time I was young one slap from him is equivalent to me urinating on my body.He is the younger brother to my dad. Dad trained him and he is going out with us today, we will be going to Mushin with his car. Since we are going in his car I know I must behave normal and tighten my trouser to prevent A gigantic slap equivalent to one bag of cement.

In less than 10 minutes he arrived and we loaded all the materials we will be needing for the work.
Zoom!! We are off to Mushin Olosha.
Baba Muhammed is a perfect driver, learnt driving from his dad who passed away few months ago we drove down to orile following the two Lane road down to Costain. In less than 30minutes we arrived at Mushin as my dad greeted Mr. Dayo his co-worker.

I alighted from the car, trying to gain my balance just then I felt pains in my stomach, It rumbles and sound as if there is a flowing stream in it. Just then I remembered I ate too much last night. And now I urgently need to visit the toilet. I told dad I want to make use of the toilet and he told me to go and meet one of Mr. Dayo's junior worker. I quickly went to the man explaining my current condition to him.

"Yes sir I wan shit I yelled in pidgin"( yes sir I want to make use of the toilet). Please direct me to a public toilets around here. He laughed and laughed hitting his table so hard. At this moment I think I am the most angry man on earth as I looked him with hatred and anger. I felt like giving him a puch but he is far way older than me. Old enough to born me. After making jest of me he finally told me to follow the road opposite to us that I will see one First Bank there that I can defecate there.

At this moment my head was boiling like a hot water I was like sir are you kidding me I asked for public toilet you are directing me to a bank are you mad!! I yelled in my mind. He noticed the question look on my face and he told me. You see this place is where we call Mushin Olosha so you have to use your 36. There is no public toilet or whatever you call it in this place we make use of banks pretending we want to save money then walk to their toilet then we defecate and go out.

I was like this people are really crazy here Mushin Olosha indeed. I know what I am a about to do is not right but because u have no choice I quickly grabbed a pen from my dad office bag and was about going when the man told me If you don't like First Bank just look arround you will see other banks. I smiled and walked down the road I saw the bank. As an Amukoko sharp guy also I walked confidently into the bank the security man opened the door for me I was like "Ehh see this man of im think say I wan save money" (just imagine the man though I want to save money).

I quickly picked their saving slip and write rubbish on it joined a queue and was waiting just then I saw one of their cleaner, He should be my age mate or a year older than me. Immediately I asked him silently where there rest room is. He pointed there to me and I quickly rushed there leaving everyone unnoticed. I got there defeated wash my hands dried it then spray perfume on it. Then I went out this time I didn't join the queue again since I know my mission has been accomplished.

I waited a while then played my ringing tone and I off it back as if someone just called me " Make I dey come make I no save that money again about, okay I don dey kum. (I should come home,I should not save the money again, ok I am on my way) I said as I walked out of the bank smiling happily. I got back to the man and gave him a Hi five as he told me that's how they do in Mushin of that banks are there toilet and that as a Nigerian I shouldn't dull myself.

It was time to go as I got back into the car and we drove off to Adeola Odeku Street Victoria Island.

Note: This is a true life story
Setting : City, 21st Century, Time, Day.

(C) Adedamola Quadri Adeniyi
All Right Reserved 2017.

(1) (Reply)

15 Years A Slave:a Story Of Hope / What If The Internet Shuts Down? / Poetry: Onile Gogoro (an Ode To The Skyscraper) - Rotimi Daramola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.