Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate (25635 Views)

Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ / 350,000 Job Seekers Applied For Railway Job - NRC-MD / Application For Graduate Trainee At Notore Chemicals Now Open (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by JeffreyJamez(m): 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2017
PerfectlyPerfect:

False. My first was 50k after my NYSC last year. I worked there for 4 months and quit. I'm freelancing now and the least I've made in a month is 180k.
Know Your Worth

...,and Whats your field?

Let Us be realistic here. Truth is most SMEs are struggling right now due to the Economy. I Know this because my company went down throughout this year and we are still struggling to climb back up.But one thing we have vowed not to do is owe workers salaries so we pay what we can afford.I wont tell you your Salary is 100k and start owing you salaries, thats not nice at all.And Right about now, there are many Non-graduates who are even better at some fields than a graduate of the same field and they are willing to take these jobs. At the end of the day when the company grows,Most still stick to this Non graduates and give them better pay for their loyalty.
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2017
If you are not interested in N30k - N35k per month and you prefer being unemployed or hustling or taking money from your relatives then ignore and move on with your life.

Some people don't realize that the company may be struggling to make ends meet and can only afford to pay that amount.
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by dfrost: 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2017
queenfav:
lol.. 30k is pitiable now o. Have you been to the markets recently? In fact, i live alone still i spend at least 20k monthly on groceries alone. If my salary were 30k,how i wan transport myself go the work, eat during break, buy personal effects? It is well o!

My sister I concur perfectly with you at the same time, which is better? No money or some money?
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by sucess001(m): 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2017
loool...

as you dey learn to turn down the offer...also begin dey learn to turn down huger....

when hunger wired your head...you go learn...u think life is about pride and ego?

the humble person who takes the offer will now be able to buy more things than you....you go siddon dey drag for plate of food with your junior ones in your father's house whilst the humber guy acquires more experience and money...

so what if the employer is also struggling to break even?

he shud use all his capital for salary?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
There are some professions (like Quantity Surveying, Architecture etc) that you need to start working under a registered professional before you can be able to write the professional exams and get registered (getting your Seal)... in some cases, it is not about the money, so people in such scenario just have to get a side income/business.

naylor:
let's be real, the 30k job cannot cover anything, well except only feeding minus accommodation, transportation and clothing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by queenfav(f): 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
dfrost:

My sister I concur perfectly with you at the same time, which is better? No money or some money?
lol.. Some money is actually better. It is well o, i just thank God for my life thus far. Today i marvel at how i was able to even work for 10k a month.. We shall all get there, those rough times are meant to shapen us. Now i never take God's blessings for granted, cos i suffer no be small!
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
A lot of employers are even struggling to break even... I know a Quantity Surveying firm where the man is struggling to pay his office attendant, accountant and 2 Quantity Surveyors because this whole recession thing has reduced the number of construction projects that he is getting.

sucess001:
loool...

as you dey learn to turn down the offer...also begin dey learn to turn down huger....

when hunger wired your head...you go learn...u think life is about pride and ego?

the humble person who takes the offer will now be able to buy more things than you....you go siddon dey drag for plate of food with your junior ones in your father's house whilst the humber guy acquires more experience and money...

so what if the employer is also struggling to break even?

he shud use all his capital for salary?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Ichietome: 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2017
BlueRayDick:
This stuff is actually subjective. What applies to me might not apply to you. If I was in this guy's position ceteris paribus, I might take the 35k job, learn as much as I can while on the job and bounce as soon as I see a new and better offer with a better working condition.

However, if the job is a marketing job that does not offer me much to learn/ allow me build my long term career, I will definitely jump am pass and probably go for a teaching job in a secondary school.

The key here is provided the job allows me to build a long term career
Most secondary schools pat their teachers 20k-private schools oo
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by SalamRushdie: 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
Yet none of their family members can give them 35k a month...Nigerians like to feel entitled with this whole graduate thing , if any of them knew how to make 30k a month on their own they won't be looking for jobs

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Dee60: 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2017
It makes sense to start from somewhere.

It is also not wise to spend millions going to school and end up sitting idly at home!

Go to Ikeja, Lekki, Yaba, Surulere and see many graduates loafing about because they dont want to accept the so called small jobs.

Employers are not finding it easy. Many have been forced to close shop.

A company as big as Etisalat just left Nigeria. Do you think they found it that easy? Now Etisalat workers are looking around for any job available in the market. So many SMEs are closing shop.

Some people are taking the opportunity they have for granted.

That you have a good job or you are making profits in your business does not mean you are smarter than others. That you have some uncle somewhere still giving you stipends does not make you smarter.

Time and chance!

Thank God if you have a well paying job but please dont despise anyone who has to accept 35k or 40k instead of sitting down at home.

Your people did not spend so much to now have you sit at home. Some are not job sitting at home, they are employing dirty tactics to make money, like messing around for money.

Dont listen to them. Go and and work and get good experience. You may earn 35k today and in 5 years be earning 3.5million. You wot get anywhere just sitting at home. Get started.

The man who is labelling 35k as nonsense, I wonder if he has employees and how much he is paying them.

As a graduate you need experience. If the truth be told, most of what you learn in the universities these days do not prepare you for the challenge of the workplace.

If you dont want to become another evans, go and work. Once you start and you are making good impact, ask your employer for a raise. If you are good at your job he wont want to loose you.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by ivolt: 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ezechinwa:
30k is too small for a graduate,
We need to stop acting like beggers in this country.

We don't have minimum wage, no wonder employers use graduates like trash.

Yeah there are no jobs, but graduates arent slaves

We have minimum wage, it is 18k per month.
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by rhektor(m): 4:50pm On Jul 14, 2017
maxwell767:
Is the salary not more than N-Power allowance undecided

#35k

N-Power isn't a job therefore they are not in the same category. N-Power don't pay tax this one will pay tax. My friend it is not a good way to start considering the economic situation. How could a man live on 35k a month?
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Viking007(m): 4:51pm On Jul 14, 2017
ikwoche:
Be wise. I started with 20k and left after 3 months to 50k...after a year left for 120k stayed there till 200k and left to collect 150k...I went back for a reason. To acquire a certain experience....now I am projecting 300k next year...

Sometimes, it is not everyone that get that big job...you must be calculative. You can start small but don't stay small.
This is probably going to be the most intelligent comment on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by ivolt: 4:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
kingandamy4life:
We ve actually lost it in this country. how can a nation blessed with so much resources derogate der graduate so low.
we don't have any regulation in dis country. our government has killed the essence of schooling and no wonder u see d likes of Evans everywhere.
those of u supporting 30k-35k plz can u be sincere to your self and give a break down of dat money usefulness in the present day Nigeria.
Do u know dat graduate will have dose looking up to him for feeding and likewise his parents also. plz what will 30k change in his life and family?
Some say experience and all that...i hear. if u remove transport and feeding, i bet u he will end up been a liability to his friend becos he will be a debtor. the only good tin in dat job is keeping his mind working and not been an idol tool in d hand of the devil. any oda tin is useless

Stop feeling entitled!
Nobody was forced to pursue tertiary education, it was a choice.

Nobody owes graduate anything.

Anyone that can't take 30k should sit down at home
or start their own business.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by joenor(m): 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
I really don't get, is 30k not money?
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by dfrost: 4:58pm On Jul 14, 2017
queenfav:
lol.. Some money is actually better. It is well o, i just thank God for my life thus far. Today i marvel at how i was able to even work for 10k a month.. We shall all get there, those rough times are meant to shapen us. Now i never take God's blessings for granted, cos i suffer no be small!

Na soooooo. We thank God for everything. E no easy at all.
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by girl4rmspace(f): 4:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
Appliedmaths:
Depends on the person jare... when I was fresh from NYSC and hungry for a job I didn't allow myself to be exploited, although it took me time to finally get what I wanted but I turned down 30, 35 and even a 45K offer as at then.

I know how my mates and family yabbed me for being too picky but I couldn't just see myself go that low.

Except it's a graduate trainee position for 3 months tops, or a make shift teaching job, no graduate should ever accept 30K as salary.

So how much did you settle for?
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Dee60: 5:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
ivolt:

Its part of the problem. A lot of folks are so ignorant about many things, dont even know what the minimum wage is, but just want to go round claiming how graduate they are.., instead of going out there to learn! a graduate was asked to say the fulling meaning of B.Sc and she failed it!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by BiafranBushBoy: 5:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

I Pay my accountant 30k, In this same Lagos lol

She is not a graduate tho

lol... na thunder go rape you na
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Dee60: 5:06pm On Jul 14, 2017
ivolt:

Stop feeling entitled!
Nobody was forced to pursue tertiary education, it was choice.

Nobody owes graduate anything.

Anyone that can't take 30k should sit down at home
or start their own business.

Correct.

Our graduates need to go to Europe and learn. You get paid for the result you make nor the paper qualification you carry. It is so unfortunate that our schools do not prepare people for the workplace. Or maybe it is the people who dont want to learn. Some CEOs in europe never went to the university but were so sharp that their results shot them to the top, and once they get to the top you see universities lining up to award them PhD. Yet here you find some PhD that are simply not employable and have to hide their advanced degrees just to get jobs.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by girl4rmspace(f): 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2017
I for one never really searched hard for a job cos it was waiting for me but 2 b honest. .. I can't work for that amount even as a fresh graduate. Heck I can't even work for 50k as a fresher

That's the kind of money I spend in less than a week sometimes. My monthly shopping alone gulps up over 100k.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Dollabiz: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2017
Hahahaha
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Sleekjunior(m): 5:09pm On Jul 14, 2017
my current Job is less than that amount;almost all of it is spent on transport and feeding alone cant do anything else with it..but i know one day i will use these experience to go to where i know i would go..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by idu1(m): 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2017
Take it so that you ll have some change to recharge your phone buy internet data to apply for better job.
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2017
ivolt:

I know someone who teaches in a primary school and his paid 15k per month.
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jul 14, 2017
girl4rmspace:
I for one never really searched hard for a job cos it was waiting for me but 2 b honest. .. I can't work for that amount even as a fresh graduate. Heck I can't even work for 50k as a fresher

That's the kind of money I spend in less than a week sometimes. My monthly shopping alone gulps up over 100k.

Your pretty
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

lol... na thunder go rape you na

Biko no blame me biko... economy is not smiling grin
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by JeffreyJamez(m): 5:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
girl4rmspace:

You never taste suffer na grin..see as you be like wetin them import. I sure say your skin soft grin

Trust me,like say suffer touch you ehn, if you see 20k job you go grab am lol
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by BiafranBushBoy: 5:46pm On Jul 14, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Biko no blame me biko... economy is not smiling grin
Why I no go blame you?
But how you dey feel when you dey pay her 30k
Hahahahaha... I just hope say na girl because they deserve am!!

lol
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by zinaunreal(m): 5:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
Appliedmaths:
Depends on the person jare... when I was fresh from NYSC and hungry for a job I didn't allow myself to be exploited, although it took me time to finally get what I wanted but I turned down 30, 35 and even a 45K offer as at then.

I know how my mates and family yabbed me for being too picky but I couldn't just see myself go that low.

Except it's a graduate trainee position for 3 months tops, or a make shift teaching job, no graduate should ever accept 30K as salary.
so how much are you making now? If its over 100k just shut your trap
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by zinaunreal(m): 5:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
girl4rmspace:

as everybody aint in your shoes nkor ... Should they die of hunger?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Firstbank Of Nigeria Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again. / Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian AirForce Recruitment 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.