Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate (25634 Views)

Man Loses N200,000 Job For Calling The Employer ‘uncle’ / 350,000 Job Seekers Applied For Railway Job - NRC-MD / Application For Graduate Trainee At Notore Chemicals Now Open (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Ishilove: 9:31pm On Jul 14, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Don't go towards that direction dear... this discussion wasn't between both of us.

Learn to maintain your lane.
I made a simple observation na. undecided

I'm trying to point out the error of your statement. Don't you think it's odd that the female gender 'disgusts' you when you came into this world through a female, hm?

Introspect and pick your words more carefully.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by BiafranBushBoy: 9:37pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ishilove:

I made a simple observation na. undecided

I'm trying to point out the error of your statement. Don't you think it's odd that the female gender 'disgusts' you when you came into this world through a female, hm?

Introspect and pick your words more carefully.

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

I guess you should have reasoned with respect to the subject of discussion... which is 'working in the same firm with the female gender'

But you were so quick to dive into the issue without proper analysis!!

I just weak for you.

As for the bolded... you should not remind me to do that!!

#peace
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Dee60: 9:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
Appliedmaths:

You didn't read my initial post bro, I gave 2 conditions to take 30k as a fresh graduate... to amaze you I thought for the same 30k but Lord knew it was a make shift.

This is the same me that sat at home for 7 months all to my shakara before I got what I wanted, so then again it's about perception.

I saw graduates scramble for 30k jobs at ikeja, to me I felt something was wrong with them reasons being that those jobs were not temporary nor a short trainee period. I once embarrassed myself in an interview panel of 2 when they offered 40k...

I attended interviews with top firms like sawobona, Venture garden group, Fidson, signal alliance, Meristem securities, etc the A-list before I got what I'm doing now. So you see bro, it's self worth and not accepting peanuts no matter what. I purposely contributed to this thread to help correct that peanut mentality most graduate carry about.

Na gra gra to do jungle justice back man get, we can't unite to end all these monkey salaries.

Well I dont know about graduates scrambling for work. There must be some dignity in what a man does. Yes, certainly a man should draw a line somewhere. I do certainly agree.

At the same time some perceptions need to be corrected. The pay one is offered is not everything. What is the job expectation? Is there training? Do they have a positive work culture? Is there some room to spot talent? is the employer fair in terms of delivering the salary that was promised? Do they take care of medicals?

I do not think it is just right for people to throw things out without checking the real content!

Of course there are notices you see on the walls - Workers needed 50k per month - No graduate worth his/her salt should go in for those.

The abuses people rain on employers are sometimes not fair. It is not as easy to run organizations as people think and that is why just too many graduates start out job seeking. Too few are ready to venture into business.

At the end of the day a job is meant to provide a platform for a person to showcase his talents and deliver results, not to show how 'graduate' I am. I believe in your own case you got it right but guess what? there are people who still miss out on this basis.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by kuuljay(m): 9:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
Millz404:
What are all those ones forming.... I am very sure almost all of them registered for npower....

Start as u see and search for sometin beta.... Non of those people calling 30k too small to discourage u will give u money for recharge card when u go completely broke.

To take 30k job is not the problem, the problem is planning your life with it
after my youth service in 2008 I stayed at home for six months no job,until one woman who is a friend asked if I can work in a ministry with no salary but little change ( money) here and there instead of staying at home,I agreed went there got to the directors office,he looked at me and told me I would have to be sure I don't complain of money I told him I can manage.after a few months I was making more than 100k every week,got connection that gave me my present job.
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:43pm On Jul 14, 2017
Erums:

Wetin be freelancing wen u dey freelance
Working for people who need my services
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

...,and Whats your field?

Let Us be realistic here. Truth is most SMEs are struggling right now due to the Economy. I Know this because my company went down throughout this year and we are still struggling to climb back up.But one thing we have vowed not to do is owe workers salaries so we pay what we can afford.I wont tell you your Salary is 100k and start owing you salaries, thats not nice at all.And Right about now, there are many Non-graduates who are even better at some fields than a graduate of the same field and they are willing to take these jobs. At the end of the day when the company grows,Most still stick to this Non graduates and give them better pay for their loyalty.
My field is ICT
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 9:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
dfrost:

Maybe you are part of the 20% that didn't start off with <30,000.
True shaa
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:45pm On Jul 14, 2017
PerfectlyPerfect:

My field is ICT

Now that is one field that if as a person you know what you're doing, as a graduate you won't even be looking for a job. Instead Jobs will be looking for you lol
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Ishilove: 9:46pm On Jul 14, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

I guess you should have reasoned with respect to the subject of discussion... which is 'working in the same firm with the female gender'

But you were so quick to dive into the issue without proper analysis!!

I just weak for you.

As for the bolded... you should not remind me to do that!!

#peace

It is not just reasoning.

Let me quote you

That gender disgusts me

This is a sweeping statement. The female gender disgusts you. Those are your very words and you used it while butressing your point.

You didn't say:

*the female gender in my firm disgusts me

*the female gender in my hood disgusts me

*the female gender in my class disgusts me

You said the female gender disgusts me

A sweeping statement.
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Dee60: 9:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
PrecisionFx:

Most of the shareholders @ FirstBank who make up the millions have investments under 50k naira, so to pay dem no hard n besides have u ever bought bank stocks for example? Does the bank pay u dividends monthly?

You are right. They dont pay monthly. They dont have to.

Investments carry a lot more risk than just getting a job. If it were so cheap and so easy to make money buying first bank shares, then the queue should be endless, for people rushing to buy.
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Freshsnoow2(m): 9:49pm On Jul 14, 2017
queenfav:
God bless you my brother.. After years of educational training, then someone gets paid 30k.. See eh, the day i decided to set up my own business was the day I realized education is just a setup.. Go to school to be enlightened, but bear it in mind that the degree or certificate won't make you rich especially in country like ours.

Please which biz are you doing...? Am thinking of importation from Ali
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by hakeem4(m): 9:57pm On Jul 14, 2017
Freshsnoow2:

importation from ali express is a very good business

But it takes a long time to get delivered

Try other sites

And consider the exchange rate

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by charlesucheh(m): 9:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
maxwell767:
Is the salary not more than N-Power allowance undecided

#35k
have you considered the fatigue involved and the work time interval?
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by queenfav(f): 10:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
Freshsnoow2:

I deal on human hair weaves and wigs.. Importation from ali sites has its risks though.
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by BiafranBushBoy: 10:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

I rather employ a company filled with guys than put a girl!!

That gender dey disgust me bad!!

They feel because say dem dey wear skirt, that you owe them the world...

Na why I no dey give girls work!!

They should just suffer jare... lol

Ishilove:

It is not just reasoning.

Let me quote you

This is a sweeping statement. The female gender disgusts you. Those are your very words and you used it while butressing your point.

You didn't say:

*the female gender in my firm disgusts me

*the female gender in my hood disgusts me

*the female gender in my class disgusts me

You said the female gender disgusts me

A sweeping statement.

Read my statement and know where I was coming from!!

Bia Ishilove abi wetin you dey answer.

Let me find food first... then I can continue with this debate.

I dey come!!
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Ishilove: 10:20pm On Jul 14, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Read my statement and know where I was coming from!!

Bia Ishilove abi wetin you dey answer.

Let me find food first... then I can continue with this debate.

I dey come!!
We are still saying the same thing. 'that gender'.

It means

'girls disgust me and for this reason I will never hire them in in my firm. Rather, I will hire guys'
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by BiafranBushBoy: 10:24pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ishilove:

We are still saying the same thing. 'that gender'.

It means

'girls disgust me and for this reason I will never hire them in in my firm. Rather, I will hire guys'

Which kain wahala be this na... sad

Okay... you win for now...

I will be back for you
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Ishilove: 10:25pm On Jul 14, 2017
BiafranBushBoy:

Which kain wahala be this na... sad

Okay... you win for now...

I will be back for you
I full ground dey wait you grin
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Appliedmaths(m): 10:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
sprintscr7:

its true not to accept but the youths of nowadays only think about I don't want to sit down @home or I want to build my CV...but it is really bad for a graduate in this present economy to earn less than $150 a month that is 60k a month owing to the present economy I once worked earning less than 30k but its of no use nothing to show for I cant even club or enjoy myself and live a boring life cuz it doesn't take me anywhere but for people who desperately need to feed so that we won't die of hunger should take it...for my proper feeding as a single person I shouldn't be spending nothing less than 20k a month... seriously is inside 35k I will rent house feed by working cloth its too bad and our government ain't helping we need to sharp up the guy is right 35k is nothing...any job that can't take u out of your father's house is not a job.... plus the thing annoys me the most is 8-5pm that someone will be working am I an engine that will sit down in the office from morning till evening earning less than $100...its really painful...we are dying we youths are dying by now if not for these useless APC that block everything for person I should av hammered by now..... hustle hard all this 8-5pm job for less than 50k na waste and wash...

It is well bro, to make issues worst the economy isn't helping side hustle thrive. So one has to keep the 9-5 running till the economy takes shape.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by BiafranBushBoy: 10:34pm On Jul 14, 2017
Ishilove:

I full ground dey wait you grin

lol... continue dey wait...

Since morning na so so junk i dey chop...

and you think say I go waste this small food wey my neighbor give me to chop this night for argument?

Make e digest first.
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Appliedmaths(m): 10:37pm On Jul 14, 2017
Freshsnoow2:

Ali would ruin you, too many scammers there now, find another platform.
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by maxwell767(m): 10:46pm On Jul 14, 2017
charlesucheh:
have you considered the fatigue involved and the work time interval?

Nothing comes easy even with a huge pay comes with massive responsibility..

Be wise! wink
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Erums(m): 11:34pm On Jul 14, 2017
PerfectlyPerfect:

Working for people who need my services

Ok... I want to jion
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Nobody: 12:10am On Jul 15, 2017
Ikwoche2015@yahoo.com....send me a mail

Humility017:

thanks bro...I like your story
please I will love talk wit you personally...
I am going through same route now and I don't know when I will be getting out of it
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by jurgyvideos: 5:50am On Jul 15, 2017
OK. Get free ideas on online business, offline business, agricultural business, check my signature
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Freshsnoow2(m): 7:27am On Jul 15, 2017
hakeem4:
importation from ali express is a very good business

But it takes a long time to get delivered

Try other sites

And consider the exchange rate

Like which site.. .
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Freshsnoow2(m): 7:29am On Jul 15, 2017
Appliedmaths:

Ali would ruin you, too many scammers there now, find another platform.

Ali ruin me? They have escrow .. So if will they ruin me. Wen u pay.. U don't pay direct to suppliers.. Ali hold it till you get your goods before they will send the money to supplier.. So how will dy ruin me?
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by Appliedmaths(m): 7:39am On Jul 15, 2017
Freshsnoow2:

Ali ruin me? They have escrow .. So if will they ruin me. Wen u pay.. U don't pay direct to suppliers.. Ali hold it till you get your goods before they will send the money to supplier.. So how will dy ruin me?

Just trying to chip in one or two pointers based on peoples experience, but seems you got it covered, good luck. And by the way nice initiative on the personal business idea.
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by hakeem4(m): 9:45am On Jul 15, 2017
Freshsnoow2:

Like which site.. .
if it's fashion asos.co.uk

Ranker.com

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by girl4rmspace(f): 11:10pm On Jul 15, 2017
Appliedmaths:

I'll like to be discrete, my bench mark as at then was 60-70K, which I eventually got (all thanks to God)... 1 step above that now though, and still pushing...

Ok good for you then
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by girl4rmspace(f): 11:11pm On Jul 15, 2017
zinaunreal:
as everybody aint in your shoes nkor ... Should they die of hunger?
Of course not, I was just speaking for myself but I have no problem with others working for that amount. It's better than being idle
Re: Nigerians Argue On Twitter Over N30,000 Job Vacancy For Graduate by girl4rmspace(f): 11:27pm On Jul 15, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

You never taste suffer na grin..see as you be like wetin them import. I sure say your skin soft grin

Trust me,like say suffer touch you ehn, if you see 20k job you go grab am lol

Lol trust me I know. Which is why I keep thanking God everyday for my life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Graduate Vacancy At IITA: Audit Trainee / Firstbank Of Nigeria Limited Fresh Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / The Reason My Boss Said I Should Not Come To Work Again.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.