Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola (20004 Views)

Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria / June 12: How Jonathan Reduced MKO Abiola To Local Champion – Tony Momoh / 2019: How Jonathan Will Lead The Charge Against APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by MONITZ: 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2017
yarimo:
Sharapp since APC came there is a lot of power supply improvement in my state and other state

I know u tell ur father same nd wake him up every morning with kicks, u mannerless dolt..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 14, 2017
AZeD1:

I am pretty sure Fashola had no hand in selling to the owners of the DISCO's so they cant be his "cronies". That being said, Fashola said the truth but trust Nigerians to be Nigerians and see everything from a political point of view rather than logic.

1) It would take at least 7-10 years for Nigeria to have constant light. The earlier Nigerians accept this, the earlier politicians won't play politics with it.
2) A lack of investment in the power sector for close to 20 years CANNOT be erased in 5 years. Power is capital incentive with very little profit margin (something the investors didn't think about before buying)
3) Gas drives a majority of our power stations and it is priced in dollars while we pay our bills in Naira.

I could go on and on about the problems in the power sector and anybody expecting a miracle is most likely deceiving themselves.
When Fashola was not in federal government cabinet, he had solutions for 24/7 hours stable power supply, why is he increasing tariffs every day when he is not increasing power supplies?

Was he not playing politics with electricity business to buy votes?

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Arnoldo(m): 6:20pm On Jul 14, 2017
dlondonbadboy:
Fashola is a complete fool....what happened to rocket science?
only a few will understand your post.. i still remember the "rocket science" statement tho.
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by udemzyudex(m): 6:25pm On Jul 14, 2017
okosodo:
There is no truth in this statement. The court ruled and Jonathan complied, simple! I have been following this fashola for sometime now and i have discovered that he is not as intelligent as i first thought

When a dull person is surrounded by intelligent people, his weakness will not be known.

I believe those around him when he was the governor really help him alot,they made him look like the messiah Nigeria needed, in fact some people were choosing him to be APC presidential candidate back then.

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 14, 2017
if Jonathan reduced it and we are in debt, this administration has increased it for 2years now, so, all that should have been taken care of. were it not this group that prevented fuel increase during Jonathan's time only to come in to increase it, SMH
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by udemzyudex(m): 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2017
agbangam:

Chief wailer, probably u live in bush cos power have improved so much. Ur Hero was n is still a known thief. Mr stealing is not Corruption.

LOL.. Improve so much? Where sir? Your location pls.
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by tamquezee(m): 6:29pm On Jul 14, 2017
Just because you want to increase electricity tariff, u are blackmailing another person to allow ur evil intention to scale through? No way. I am beginning to hate this man call Fashola
Anyway, reshuffling is around the corner I pray they reduce your portfolios.
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by omokab: 6:30pm On Jul 14, 2017
Teacher1776:
The more they remind us of the Jonathan days the more they are exposing their ineptitude.
Anyway, I don't blame this lawyer. We will still read comments here claiming that the Buhari days are still better that the Goodluck days. Only God knows the indices they are using for their measurements. As far as I know, i prefer the cheap cost of commodities in the Jonathan era than the high cost we are experiencing today.
They have so smashed us with hardships and we don't even complain. Now they are equating good leadership in terms of how much hardship utme unleashed on the citizen. The huger the hardship, the better the government.
definitely you will prefer the cheap cost of commodity that does not comply with true economy than high cost of commodity that goes with true economy. The problem most of you guys were having is basically lack of understanding simple comprehension, lack of macro economy and possible simptom of likeness for a particular person e.g Jonathan. How could a reasonable leader reduce the tariff of electricity purposely to gain power and you think it will not bounce back on economy and affect the supply of power? If you are asked now what course you study in school, is likely you tell us that you study economics or accountancy, banking or probably engineering. So, if you are selling akara and Becuase you want to gain more customers you reduce the price of your akara without taking other costs into consideration what do you think will happen to your income at the end of the day when the price of beans and groudnut oil is not reduce? It at all you are able to reduce and gain more customers won't you later increase the price after your customer have known your product to meet up with other cost of production and profit realise from sale? Also, the man said the process in selling the power industry to private company is not ideal which everybody is aware of it before as is another factor affecting the power supply. You people should know that this present govt is trying to clear most of the atrocity caused by jonathan govt in the past. And for your information things are getting better day by day as recession is leaving this country soon. The prices of goods are reducing. The numbers of constructed roads are increasing. Power onits own is improving. Our agricultural output is improving far than before etc.
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Missonas(f): 6:36pm On Jul 14, 2017
Baba this happened in 2015 and this is 2017, 2years after the supposed reduction. Are we still offsetting the bills of a short term campaign election strategy because these tarriffs are outrageous
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by baralatie(m): 6:37pm On Jul 14, 2017
omokab:
definitely you will prefer the cheap cost of commodity that does not comply with true economy than high cost of commodity that goes with true economy. The problem most of you guys were having is basically lack of understanding simple comprehension, lack of macro economy and possible simptom of likeness for a particular person e.g Jonathan. How could a reasonable leader reduce the tariff of electricity purposely to gain power and you think it will not bounce back on economy and affect the supply of power? If you are asked now what course you study in school, is likely you tell us that you study economics or accountancy, banking or probably engineering. So, if you are selling akara and Becuase you want to gain more customers you reduce the price of your akara without taking other costs into consideration what do you think will happen to your income at the end of the day when the price of beans and groudnut oil is not reduce? It at all you are able to reduce and gain more customers won't you later increase the price after your customer have known your product to meet up with other cost of production and profit realise from sale? Also, the man said the process in selling the power industry to private company is not ideal which everybody is aware of it before as is another factor affecting the power supply. You people should know that this present govt is trying to clear most of the atrocity caused by jonathan govt in the past. And for your information things are getting better day by day as recession is leaving this country soon. The prices of goods are reducing. The numbers of constructed roads are increasing. Power onits own is improving. Our agricultural output is improving far than before etc.
do you know that Mr Fashola and the PMB led administration made a 50% increase in electrical tariffs!do you also know that this adminstration has also made increment in the price of fuel.things which it says that was unnecessary in the last administration?
and you are saying there is falling prices at the market? like seriously in an inflation?
you want to compete with lai

2 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by yarimo(m): 6:37pm On Jul 14, 2017
MONITZ:

I know u tell ur father same nd wake him up every morning with kicks, u mannerless dolt..
you are a big mad stupid fool, your generation are all stupid
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Excellentmind: 6:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
This is what you get when you appoint a text book layer to head ministry of power. Shameless idiot!
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 14, 2017
agbangam:
Jona d quiet thief, Thank God GEJ lost cos our present challenges wud ve been a child's play.

Pls focus OK ur apc challenges for now.
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by PeaceGord: 6:43pm On Jul 14, 2017
rainylad:

...Fashola is fast becoming more of an iddiot than the fake technocrat his praise-singers say he is as the days go by..this is scary

Good bless you.

You spoke my mind exactly.

Thanks a lot.
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Missonas(f): 6:45pm On Jul 14, 2017
baralatie:

do you know that Mr Fashola and the PMB led administration made a 50% increase in electrical tariffs!do you also know that this adminstration has also made increment in the price of fuel.things which it says that was unnecessary in the last administration?
and you are saying there is falling prices at the market? like seriously in an inflation?
you want to compete with lai
I honestly dont understand these guys. They just come up with ridiculous figures that dont add up. They have problems to fix the possible best solution is increament and inflation of tarriffs without identifying possible ways funds can be generated elsewhere from within. We the citizens are even made to pay for their stupid mistakes

Meanwhile salaries are still thesame oh no increament, nothing!
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by MONITZ: 6:47pm On Jul 14, 2017
yarimo:
you are a big mad stupid fool, your generation are all stupid

ODE is ur first and last names and everyone on here knows that YARIMO is stupid and is an imbecilic fool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by yarimo(m): 6:49pm On Jul 14, 2017
MONITZ:

ODE is ur first and last names and everyone on here knows that YARIMO is stupid and is an imbecilic fool.
this is how I see your trash in a public forum

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by omokab: 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
[quote author=baralatie post=58459173]
and you are saying there is falling prices at the market? like seriously in an inflation? I have not said total decrease in the prices of goods, but partial decrease. The price of red oil have decrease and some other goods like that. You should also ask if our capital market is gaining or loosing.
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by kezy58: 6:54pm On Jul 14, 2017
agbangam:

Chief wailer, probably u live in bush cos power have improved so much. Ur Hero was n is still a known thief. Mr stealing is not Corruption.

Sense land on you he goat... so you like as we dey sick Fool..
I rada be in an openly corrupted government than be in this 3-1 face zoo government where the president is based in another man's land... stupid fowl...
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by lexy2014: 6:55pm On Jul 14, 2017
Gayigaskia:
This tread is already infected by a lot of idiots above. GEJ was the worst thing that happened to Nigeria fact.
can u kindly expantiate and shed some light on your theory?let's get a sense of what u trying 2 communicate
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Sophia7989: 6:59pm On Jul 14, 2017
nwakibie3:
I thought this Jonathan blame game has ended.....

As in eh! We are tired of this. Every failed sector finds a way to blame GEJ. This is the most annoying of all the blames.
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by buffalowings: 7:00pm On Jul 14, 2017
Apc sh........it
two years gone by they still blaming Gej

Bunch of vegetables
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by misspineapple(f): 7:04pm On Jul 14, 2017
Gayigaskia:
This tread is already infected by a lot of idiots above. GEJ was the worst thing that happened to Nigeria fact.
Imagine this Zombie...Oh my.Lawd

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by baralatie(m): 7:11pm On Jul 14, 2017
[quote author=omokab post=58459721][/quote]
your consumer inflation rate has been increasing month on month by 1.88% and you say palm oil price reduced?put all commodity prices here from garri,fufu,goat,rice,beans,bread,flour,yams,cassava,poultry,fish,groundnut oil,cucumber,carrot and tell if prices are reducing? equipments,machinery,service charges bank loans and interests ?
stock exchange performace is neither here nor there!
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by SalamRushdie: 7:14pm On Jul 14, 2017
AZeD1:

I am pretty sure Fashola had no hand in selling to the owners of the DISCO's so they cant be his "cronies". That being said, Fashola said the truth but trust Nigerians to be Nigerians and see everything from a political point of view rather than logic.

1) It would take at least 7-10 years for Nigeria to have constant light. The earlier Nigerians accept this, the earlier politicians won't play politics with it.
2) A lack of investment in the power sector for close to 20 years CANNOT be erased in 5 years. Power is capital incentive with very little profit margin (something the investors didn't think about before buying)
3) Gas drives a majority of our power stations and it is priced in dollars while we pay our bills in Naira.

I could go on and on about the problems in the power sector and anybody expecting a miracle is most likely deceiving themselves.

You are being economic with the truth Sir ... First and foremost you have not told us what Fashola did with the proceeds for the recent 50 percent increase..

You claim that no investment has been made in power in the last 20 years but we witnessed Obasanjo spend a whooping 16 billion dollars on about 8 power plants , we all know that the Jonathan govt made greater but more quiet effort in building another 8 more many of which Fashola is dependent on right now to increase power generation..

Can you name one single power project that has been initiated by this govt ?
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 14, 2017
SalamRushdie:

You are being economic with the truth Sir ... First and foremost you have not told us what Fashola did with the proceeds for the recent 50 percent increase..

You claim that no investment has been made in power in the last 20 years but we witnessed Obasanjo spend a whooping 16 billion dollars on about 8 power plants , we all know that the Jonathan govt made greater but more quiet effort in building another 8 more many of which Fashola is dependent on right now to increase power generation..

Can you name one single power project that has been initiated by this govt ?

Perfect you're providing facts my brother.. nice one.. no need for me to add comments

1 Like

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Gayigaskia(m): 7:15pm On Jul 14, 2017
HENRYCHIKOD:
Yu see ur life, even frm ur name dat shows u r a Gay bt anyway continue wit ur foolishness until Karma catchup wit u mbok

I am gay? Did I intrude your backside? I don't want to be too nasty but if you have at least a Fulani or Ethiopian looking cousin then bring her tonight at the Abuja Hilton she will tell tomorrow morning wether I am gay or not grin
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Mcreloaded(m): 7:16pm On Jul 14, 2017
[After all these years Jonathan still giving you guys night mares. APC definitely needs deliverance because this blame game has gone on for too long haba. Even the flood in Lagos I am sure Jonathan caused it
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by loomer: 7:29pm On Jul 14, 2017
I no be Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba. But I dey sure say assuming buhari dey healthy him for do sack so many of this useless men wey him call ministers.
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by nwakibie3(m): 7:36pm On Jul 14, 2017
Buhari should also reduce the price to know whether people will vote for him in 2019
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by omokab: 7:40pm On Jul 14, 2017
baralatie:

your consumer inflation rate has been increasing month on month by 1.88% and you say palm oil price reduced?put all commodity prices here from garri,fufu,goat,rice,beans,bread,flour,yams,cassava,poultry,fish,groundnut oil,cucumber,carrot and tell if prices are reducing? equipments,machinery,service charges bank loans and interests ?
stock exchange performace is neither here nor there!
the price of gari both in ibadan and osogbo is now 250 naira compare to 400 before. The price of casaava for a load of korope bus in osogbo have reduce from 70k to 50' so both the price of fufu and garri have reduce. Theprice of rice as at Saturday, a day to salalh was sell 15k in ibadan.so go and and check the price of goods at the market before commenting.
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Chukazu: 7:44pm On Jul 14, 2017
okosodo:
There is no truth in this statement. The court ruled and Jonathan complied, simple! I have been following this fashola for sometime now and i have discovered that he is not as intelligent as i first thought

My brother, the problem is that people always use Lagos to yardstick the rest of the country, not knowing that Lagos is far easier to govern than any other state in the country.

It is only if we had tested Fashola as governor of a lesser known state like Zamfara ;then we can conclude how good a leader he truly is

Now he has seen bigger responsibilities and has remained a colossal failure

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

FG Rejects Proposal To Repair Ports’ Scanners With N753m / Tinubu Retains Kyari As NNPCL GCEO, Appoints Akinyelure As Board Chairman / Defection To APC: Sack Andy Uba In 24 Hours, Senate PDP Caucus Tells Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.