Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,884 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:35 PM

How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola (19978 Views)

Electricity Tariff To Increase On Wednesday Despite Lockdown In Nigeria / June 12: How Jonathan Reduced MKO Abiola To Local Champion – Tony Momoh / 2019: How Jonathan Will Lead The Charge Against APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by olajay86(m): 1:23pm On Jul 14, 2017
http://www.titopeblog.com/2017/07/how-jonathan-reduced-electrify-tariff.html

Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola has claimed that the immediate past President, Goodluck Jonathan reversed electricity tariff to get votes from Nigerians during the 2015 Presidential elections.

Speaking at a public lecture organised by the department of Economics, University of Lagos, on Thursday, the former governor of the state insisted that the privatization of the power sector was deceptive.

Fashola maintained that the reduction of electricity tariff by the past administration created “massive debt” for Nigeria as it did not conform to the realities of the country’s economy.

He said, “While I fully support privatisation, I believe what took place in 2013 in the heat of politics was a privatisation that was well intentioned since 2005 but delivered with some deception in 2013 with the expectation of political profit.

“It led many uninformed Nigerians to believe that once the privatisation was concluded, the assets sold to the distribution companies (DisCos) and the Generation companies (GenCos) there was immediately going to be power. I cautioned then that people’s expectations were being unduly raised without telling them that there was a lot of work to do.

“Government must also not interfere with the power of the regulator when it fixes tariff in the way the last administration ordered a reversal of tariff in order to win electoral votes in 2014.

“It created a massive debt for Nigeria, because while the government ordered a reversal of tariff, it did not reduce exchange rate, interest rate, cost of wages or cost of gas and other inputs necessary to produce power. Why should Nigeria carry a debt created by an individual’s electoral ambition? This is what the Buhari administration has to contend with.”

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by rainylad(f): 1:26pm On Jul 14, 2017
...Fashola is fast becoming more of an iddiot than the fake technocrat his praise-singers say he is as the days go by..this is scary

348 Likes 21 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 14, 2017
Electricity that we do enjoy during rainy season has dwindled now because this Lawyer that talks too much is at the helm.

Fashola still thinks he is in the court room with his gibberish daily about electricity.

Fix our Lights Oga Fashola

197 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 14, 2017
Gej reduced Fuel price and electricity tariff because Nigerians were burdened by it but Buhari has reversed all and increased it by 100% still we can't enjoy what we pay for.

Gej will always be miles ahead of this Noisemakers that only
make NNigeria look great on paper

314 Likes 24 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by dlondonbadboy: 1:35pm On Jul 14, 2017
Fashola is a complete fool....what happened to rocket science?

187 Likes 13 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by fistonati(m): 1:39pm On Jul 14, 2017
APC should do the same come 2019 and see how Nigerians will vote for your party. Nigerians have really suffered because of your 3-in-1 personality.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by HRHBancs1: 2:03pm On Jul 14, 2017
All these comments are realistic,I don't have anything to say again. But fashola n apc ll always b behind as Gej remains the man of the people.

161 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by okosodo: 2:05pm On Jul 14, 2017
There is no truth in this statement. The court ruled and Jonathan complied, simple! I have been following this fashola for sometime now and i have discovered that he is not as intelligent as i first thought

284 Likes 23 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by nwakibie3(m): 2:07pm On Jul 14, 2017
I thought this Jonathan blame game has ended.....

202 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by cyberguy72(m): 2:11pm On Jul 14, 2017
MINISTER OF DARKNESS!....... If i hearrrrrr

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by BuariCopyPaste: 2:12pm On Jul 14, 2017
Double-faced afonja id10t. You too should reduce tariff for whatever reason....

Abi steady electricity don suddenly become rocket science

145 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by dodelight(m): 2:23pm On Jul 14, 2017
Blame Game reloaded! Since PDP is obviously healing, they want to start reminding us of so called sins of Jonathan. Keep deceiving yourself. If you too want our vote reduce the tariffs now and see if we are not wiser.

113 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Teacher1776(m): 2:25pm On Jul 14, 2017
The more they remind us of the Jonathan days the more they are exposing their ineptitude.
Anyway, I don't blame this lawyer. We will still read comments here claiming that the Buhari days are still better than the Goodluck days. Only God knows the indices they are using for their measurements. As far as I know, i prefer the cheap cost of commodities in the Jonathan era than the high cost we are experiencing today.
They have so smashed us with hardships and we don't even complain. Now they are equating good leadership in terms of how much hardship they unleashed on the citizen. The greater the hardship, the better the government.

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Teacher1776(m): 2:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
Teacher1776:
The more they remind us of the Jonathan days the more they are exposing their ineptitude.
Anyway, I don't blame this lawyer. We will still read comments here claiming that the Buhari days are still better that the Goodluck days. Only God knows the indices they are using for their measurements. As far as I know, i prefer the cheap cost of commodities in the Jonathan era than the high cost we are experiencing today.
They have so smashed us with hardships and we don't even complain. Now they are equating good leadership in terms of how much hardship it unleashed on the citizen. The greater the hardship, the better the government.

4 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Teacher1776(m): 3:24pm On Jul 14, 2017
Teacher1776:
Anyway, I don't blame this lawyer. We will still read comments here claiming that the Buhari days are still better that the Goodluck days. Only God knows the indices they are using for their measurements. As far as I know, i prefer the cheap cost of commodities in the Jonathan era than the high cost we are experiencing today.
They have so smashed us with hardships and we don't even complain. Now they are equating good leadership in terms of how much hardship they unleashed on the citizen. The huger the hardship, the better the government.

8 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Gayigaskia(m): 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2017
This tread is already infected by a lot of idiots above. GEJ was the worst thing that happened to Nigeria fact.

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Elose11(m): 5:01pm On Jul 14, 2017
Gayigaskia:
This tread is already infected by a lot of idiots above. GEJ was the worst thing that happened to Nigeria fact.
You are the bigger idiot! You will forever remain in perpetual darkness. Just as you prefer darkness to light may your eyes never open. Zombie!

227 Likes 20 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by agbangam: 5:10pm On Jul 14, 2017
Jona d quiet thief, Thank God GEJ lost cos our present challenges wud ve been a child's play.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by agbangam: 5:12pm On Jul 14, 2017
Elose11:

You are the bigger idiot! You will forever remain in perpetual darkness. Just as you prefer darkness to light may your eyes never open. Zombie!

Chief wailer, probably u live in bush cos power have improved so much. Ur Hero was n is still a known thief. Mr stealing is not Corruption.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by brainpulse: 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
The dumb that married orangutan as a wife destroyed every industries and left the country in shambles. Thank God the yam eating goat was sent back to otueke.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 14, 2017
Cheap shot...

3 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by NobleAngell(f): 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2017
For those saying Jonathan did a good job in his regime, I pity you.
For those saying Buhari is doing a good job, may sense fall on u.

8 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by olodoki77: 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2017
rainylad:

...Fashola is fast becoming more of an iddiot than the fake technocrat his praise-singers say he is as the days go by..this is scary
It's too late for Apc

11 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by SalamRushdie: 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2017
What the hell is wrong with Fashola, it's not two years since you increased Tariffs by over 50 percent without us getting the power improvement then , I just got back home from work and my house hasn't had electricity for over 24 hours , this is an area that during Jonathan's so call ineffective govt we had 18 guaranteed hour of power then as against Fasholas very expensive electricity with less than 5 hours a day .. Fashola shut up and resign because you are clearly in cahoots with your DISCO friends

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Yomi6(m): 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2017
Shut the Bleep up and work!

15 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by Cutezt(m): 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2017
When this man was given charge of power, I was happy that we were soon gonna be enjoying light, but these days, he is more of a noise maker

Why are you now telling us? So that we will go and kill him?

Meanwhile, learn How to check who viewed your profile on Facebook, catch that babe that has been eyeing you tey tey

14 Likes

Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by datola: 5:18pm On Jul 14, 2017
Na wa o Fashola!
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by medolab90(m): 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
smh
Re: How Jonathan Reduced Electrify Tariff To Get Votes In 2015 – Fashola by IllegalMoney: 5:19pm On Jul 14, 2017
angry grin grin

Fashola mad man, u have failed woefully as minister of darkness, don't divert attention of ur failure to GEJ
If the work of a minister is too much for u to handle , Resign now
APC is the worst ruling party ever in the history of Nigeria, they keep blaming everyone for their failures and lack of fulfilment of their sweet campaign promises.
APC should forget 2019....it is over for APC

35 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pictures From Sanwo Olu Apc Mega Rally, Campus Square Lagos. Pictures. / APC Set To Replace Joe Igbokwe, Others / Borno Youths Kill 30 Insurgents In Failed Terrorist Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.