Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Toyota Recall: How Affected Are We? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Toyota Recall: How Affected Are We? (872 Views)

BMW Global Recall - Are You Affected? / Toyota Recall Vehicles Due To Dangerous Acceleration / The Port Congestion In Lagos! Are You Affected Too? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Recall: How Affected Are We? by Emperoh(m): 4:09pm On Feb 03, 2010
I have been looking to see some one set up a thread as this but haven't
Or maybe i didn't search and run my check effectively. . . . .but whichever the case, i think subject topic deserves some chat here!!

Toyota recalled some units of Camry, Rav4, Sequoia, Highlander Corolla and Tundra in America, Europe and China(in no particular order)
Knowing fully well that most of our sales come from North America and that Toyota form a great number of the cars
we deal on here, i'll like fellow dealers and engineers alike to brainstorm on how this affects our business here.
There is no gainsaying that certain/most models of these recalled cars are already in Nigeria especially the Camry

The cars 2008 - 2009 models have been noticed to have sticky gas pedals(accelarator pedal) which have caused many a crash in some countries
Toyota has already said its found a solution to the issue and is distributing repair parts to its accredited dealers in USA.
My concern is, has anyone who's used any model of these cars experienced these issues? Whether in Nigeria or USA?
How do we resolve it should anyone of us have bought this defective models.
Dealers, how much are we willing to help the affected customers. . . . this is very pertinent cos eventually most of these affected cars
will end up in Nigeria and our homes. . . . .we need to protect ourselves so we don't fall victim to this anomaly!!

Ultimately, How does this affect the Price of Toyota in the US and World Auto Mart and Auctions??
Lets Talk!!!
Re: Toyota Recall: How Affected Are We? by Emperoh(m): 9:22am On Feb 04, 2010
No Comments? shocked shocked
Re: Toyota Recall: How Affected Are We? by bruv(m): 12:04pm On Feb 04, 2010
@Emperoh, you're a brave man, LOL cool

The expression "elephant in the room" refers to a situation where something major is going on, it's on everyone's mind and impossible to ignore -- like an elephant in the room. But nobody talks about the "elephant" because nobody knows what to do about it. grin

On a serious note this issue has not affected the price of these cars @ the auction and people are still driving Toyota's in the US & UK,
Thankfully, a solution to the issue has been found,

Please get more info from official Toyota website.
Also see link - http://pressroom.toyota.com/pr/tms/toyota/toyota-announces-comprehensive-153311.aspx
Re: Toyota Recall: How Affected Are We? by Emperoh(m): 4:47pm On Feb 04, 2010
Thanks bruv. . . . i guess i have to read more

. . . .and when u think its getting over, the Prius comes up with its own wahala!!
In the same vein, Toyota is even declaring profit!!

Thats bitter-sweet!!!
Re: Toyota Recall: How Affected Are We? by Onwan: 6:36pm On Feb 04, 2010
I personally see this as political; like a dying USA is trying to sabotage Toyota so as to get failures like FORD and bogus failures like GMC back on the road.

For me I still await a real user in Nigeria to say He or She has that problem.

Toyota is still and will always be Number 1.
Re: Toyota Recall: How Affected Are We? by bruv(m): 6:51pm On Feb 04, 2010
@Emperoh;
For Toyota, it never rains but it pours!!! LOL

Bitter for Prius drivers: You're right, the Prius has come up with some niggles,
Sweet for Toyota: According to NYSE data, Toyota posted a profit of approx, $1.7 billion in the quarter that ended December 31 2009,
Bitter/Sweet: I reckon the Prius is not that common in Nigeria, [extremely economical though]

Anyway, I'm not sure this thread will NOT get much comments and "some" NL dealers will be saying:
"Emperoh, no just dull your sef O, just hold your side, abeg, "  cheesy LOL  
BUT the elephant is still in the room, just.!!! cool

Goodluck in your sales,  grin
Re: Toyota Recall: How Affected Are We? by bruv(m): 7:02pm On Feb 04, 2010
Onwan:

I personally see this as political; like a dying USA is trying to sabotage Toyota so as to get failures like FORD and bogus failures like GMC back on the road.

For me I still await a real user in Nigeria to say He or She has that problem.

Toyota is still and will always be Number 1.

Onwan; easy on the caffeine, will ya. LOL grin
The Toyota is still "undisputed" one of the best car makers globally but these things do happen and the way in which its managed confirms Toyota as reputable, they didn't duck or dive the issue under the carpet and the issue is being resolved.

Hmm, plz dont slag Ford's and GMC, cos they are rather okay cars
Re: Toyota Recall: How Affected Are We? by Onwan: 9:16pm On Feb 04, 2010
@Bruv
I Dont know about the caffeine, BUT its just how I see the whole Toyota thing; and I'm pretty sure about about it.

I'm not knocking Ford or GMC, BUT being practical separates Toyota from flashes
Re: Toyota Recall: How Affected Are We? by bruv(m): 12:11am On Feb 05, 2010
@Onwan
My bad about the caffeine, BUT you seem to know something we don’t know, as you're pretty sure that the US government is trying to sabotage Toyota so as to get failures like FORD and bogus failures like GMC back on the road.

OMG!! So, who is next to suffering the wrath of the mighty USA, Honda of Japan or Mercedes Benz of Germany

FYI,
Ford’s first car was made in 1896 and the company also owns – Lincoln, Mercury, Ford & Volvo… In 2007, Ford sold Jaguar and Land Rover to Tata, India & Aston Martin was sold, by Ford, to Dave Richards, Adeem investments and Investment DAR (two Kuwaiti investment companies). Ford also owns about 33.5% of Mazda…

General Motors owns and sells 64 different brands which includes – Buick, Cadillac, Chevy, GMC and the HUMMER
GM’s first car was made in 1897!!!

I reckon because these car are not widely used in Nigeria, may be due to our colonial past with the British and our business dealings with Asia, we Nigerians are not used to these type of American cars.

This American spec “used car” phenomenon didn’t start until about 10 years ago. Nigerians used to loathe cars from the US and it was Belgium, Germany, Holland or nothing else….
Re: Toyota Recall: How Affected Are We? by Onwan: 12:45am On Feb 05, 2010
I know about the car industry bre.

Like I said, its my view. Toyota never filed for bankruptcy, so we are talking economics here. Countries are desperate and would in most cases try to sabotage others especially in industries they lead in.

Toyota leads.
Re: Toyota Recall: How Affected Are We? by bruv(m): 5:05pm On Feb 05, 2010
Onwan:

I know about the car industry bre.

Like I said, its my view. Toyota never filed for bankruptcy, so we are talking economics here. Countries are desperate and would in most cases try to sabotage others especially in industries they lead in.

Toyota leads.

@Onwan
Hmm, lets agree to disagree BUT Honda, et al, might have something to say about Toyota leading @ the moment,
Re: Toyota Recall: How Affected Are We? by Onwan: 9:44pm On Feb 05, 2010
@Bruv
True.
I like Honda, BUT something about it puts it on the fragile side. I wouldn't drive one anyway.

I'm watching the news and I'm seeing customers drive into dealerships with their Toyota vehicles and the customers come out without any adjustments done to their vehicles, all OK. Its funny.

(1) (Reply)

Toyota Sienna Model Year 2000 Needed Urgently / V 4 And V 6 Eng:which One Will You Prefer And What Is Your Reason To That ? / SOLD! SOLD!!! S2004 Honda Accord Ex Full Option neat Accord(registrd)----1.4m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.