Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,445 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:44 AM

Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola (18369 Views)

Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument / Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu / Jonathan Didn’t Announce The Bullet Proof Car You Got – Omokri Blasts Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by enimooko: 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2017
mrnigerdelta:
fashola is a brainless idiot
So is the ruling party under whose government he got a SAN!
Some will rush to say the SAN was given by "blah, blah, blah/ blah, blah, blah"
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by phaco(m): 6:23pm On Jul 15, 2017
Prior to the 2015 Elections, Fashola said any responsible government will fix Light within six month and now with what he said then, its a clear indication that this present administration is highly irresponsible. What is he even doin in the power sector? How can a person who knows nothing about generating electricity be minister of power? Goodluck worked with competent people, I member the Min. Of finance, Okonjo Iweala, min. Of agriculture,information min. Labran Maku and so on these are men that knew what they were doing not all these mediocre that we have as minister eg lie lie Mohamed, kemi adeosun that wants to tax beggars, Audu ogbe that wants to export yams, solomon Dalung etc. Abeg make 2019 reach make them carry their whala comot.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by SBG04: 6:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
ernieboy:

I will not hold brief for the former nerc chair whether his decisions were bad or good, but since fashola took over the power sector what significant changes has he brought to the power sector? this same tariff that he is about to increase now has been increased before, was there any improvement? so what guarantee do u have that this increment will lead to improved power supply. and for ur information stupidity is when u expect me to dole out money for services I don't receive: NO I WILL NOT.

FYI fashola is not working for Nigerians, he is simply working for the interests of his party and the president that appointed him. there is nothing he has done that shows he works for Nigerians.
You people are ignorant because you have simply refused to read. Nigeria has several power plants scattered all over the country. The agency responsible for increasing tariffs in Nigeria is the NERC. When tariffs were supposed to be increased in 2016 in tandem with the Power sector reform plan for incremental electricity and incremental tarrifs. My some Nigerians took the NERC to court and got an injunction halting that tariff increase. The Court of Appeal upturned that ruining recently and the NERC is free to increase tariffs now. So oga please the tariff was never increase before. And stupidity is expecting to enter a danfo bus and enjoy Air conditioning. If you want a luxury ride get an uber and pay! You want 24hrs electricity and want to pay peanuts in return. In which country is that practised? For the umpteenth time, Nigeria has serious power challenges today mainly because GENCOS are not financially buoyant enough to get dollar denominated gas supplies. They can't afford to buy gas in dollars and collect tariffs from DISCOS in Naira! The Nigerian Bulk electricity company which is supposed to bridge that cash loophole and act as an intermediary between the DISCOS and GENCOS is only just being supplied with cash. And the we have a former NERC head boasting that he and his board deliberately avoided increasing tariffs during Jonathans time for no reason known to logic when GENCOs were practically insolvent and in credit crisis.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
SBG04:

You people just cloud your ignorance and dogmatism with insults. You have absolutely no argument or point. Jonathan went on natuonal TV in January 2011 and announced the removal of petrol subsidy abruptly. No consultation with anyone. Nothing! I was one of the protesters against the subsidy in the ensuing strikes that were called. Jonathan and his corrupt Ministers of Petroleume and Finance then came up with the Sure-p scheme to supposedly "ameliorate" the effects of the fake and fraudulent partial subsidy they effected. As we all know today, that Sure-P scheme was a fraud nationwide as most of the funds were released to the PDP. Buharis government came in and immediately within 1 year made everyone understand that we couldn't have the subsidy. There was consultation and understanding on why the PDP fake subsidy had to be removed. Nigerians agreed and trusted the government. And since then we have had no single incident of petrol queues. No need for Sure-P or anything. Just honesty and trust. Qualities that Jonathan and his fraudster ministers never had.
Did Buhari consulted various stakeholders before increment in fuel to 145?
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by SBG04: 6:42pm On Jul 15, 2017
phaco:
Prior to the 2015 Elections, Fashola said any responsible government will fix Light within six month and now with what he said then, its a clear indication that this present administration is highly irresponsible. What is he even doin in the power sector? How can a person who knows nothing about generating electricity be minister of power? Goodluck worked with competent people, I member the Min. Of finance, Okonjo Iweala, min. Of agriculture,information min. Labran Maku and so on these are men that knew what they were doing not all these mediocre that we have as minister eg lie lie Mohamed, kemi adeosun that wants to tax beggars, Audu ogbe that wants to export yams, solomon Dalung etc. Abeg make 2019 reach make them carry their whala comot.
You mean madam puffpuff that just closed her puffpuff mouth and said nothing when Dasuki went to rob the CBN vault. Madam puffpuff that started that fraud called Sure-P to compensate PDP loyalists. Or the same madam puffpuff that had no idea of the state of Nigeria's finances because the country had many accounts in so many banks. I prefer an Audu Ogbeh that wants to export yams and has engineered Nigeria's Self sufficiency in Rice production for the first time in our history. In fact IFAD announced today that Nigeria will attain self sufficiency in Rice production for the very first time in our history! I prefer Kachukwu who doesn't fly A Private Jet to Diezani who is wanted in at least 3 countries now (USA, Great Britain and Nigeria) for fraud and corrupt enrichment. I prefer Kemi who knows Nigeria's exact cash balance every month in the TSA and who has implemented several cost saving measures for the FG instead of Harvard trained Madam puffpuff who was managing thousands of fraudulent FG accounts.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by sanpipita(m): 6:50pm On Jul 15, 2017
Rather than fashola to tell Nigerians he is clueless on how to find solutions he is trading blames, overhyped flower planting san
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by ladgentle(m): 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
So, if there is tarrif increase now, you guys will direct your blame to the NERC chairman and not to fashola or Buhari? Hypocrites!
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by sanpipita(m): 6:51pm On Jul 15, 2017
SBG04:

You mean madam puffpuff that just closed her puffpuff mouth and said nothing when Dasuki went to rob the CBN vault. Madam puffpuff that started that fraud called Sure-P to compensate PDP loyalists. Or the same madam puffpuff that had no idea of the state of Nigeria's finances because the country had many accounts in so many banks. I prefer an Audu Ogbeh that wants to export yams and has engineered Nigeria's Self sufficiency in Rice production for the first time in our history. In fact IFAD announced today that Nigeria will attain self sufficiency in Rice production for the very first time in our history! I prefer Kachukwu who doesn't fly A Private Jet to Diezani who is wanted in at least 3 countries now (USA, Great Britain and Nigeria) for fraud and corrupt enrichment. I prefer Kemi who knows Nigeria's exact cash balance every month in the TSA and who has implemented several cost saving measures for the FG instead of Harvard trained Madam puffpuff who was managing thousands of fraudulent FG accounts.

Who told you Kachikwu doesn't own a private jet, continue deceiving you little mind, this govt has messed up whatever gains we had in 2015.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by SBG04: 6:56pm On Jul 15, 2017
sanpipita:

Who told you Kachikwu doesn't own a private jet, continue deceiving you little mind, this govt has messed up whatever gains we had in 2015.
He doesn't own a Private jet! Please post a link to Indicate otherwise. And it's very shameful that from all the points I raised in the post you quoted, the only thing you could pick up was private jet ownership. Shameful and disgraceful. With Nigerians like you, this country is doomed! You don't mean this country well at all. Shame!
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by sanpipita(m): 7:26pm On Jul 15, 2017
SBG04:

He doesn't own a Private jet! Please post a link to Indicate otherwise. And it's very shameful that from all the points I raised in the post you quoted, the only thing you could pick up was private jet ownership. Shameful and disgraceful. With Nigerians like you, this country is doomed! You don't mean this country well at all. Shame!

I wouldn't have wasted my time replying all the gibberish you posted cos it clear you are deluded or you just want to fool yourself and the real enemies of Nigeria are your likes you who defending who the most clueless and incompetent ever govt in history of this country, their failure has ruined everything govts before them worked for, its a shame people like you claim to love Nigeria yet you support this blood sucking wicked govt http://punchng.com/kachikwu-emefiele-fly-private-jet-used-by-diezani/
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by sanpipita(m): 7:28pm On Jul 15, 2017
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by nolimit1(m): 7:34pm On Jul 15, 2017
SBG04:

Thus guy is good!!... Truth is jonathan's tenure wasn't great, by he had people working... Buhari tenure can't also be defended Cus his ministers might not have stolen as much as jonathan's, but they are far more incompetent than jonathan's.... They are all the same.. Same ppl wey start to dey rule us then, same ppl wey still dey rule us now... We need younger sharper minds and square pegs in square holes... I wonder why we no use engineer for minister of light and SAN chief judge or chief prosecutor...
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by nolimit1(m): 7:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
sanpipita:
another link http://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/kachikwus-lies-n182million-private-jet-payment-china-uncovered/

I think SBG04'S account is one of those government spies that are sent to forums to agitate and pacify in favor of the current apc government judging by the things he's written.. Both here and in the past... Check his recent posts
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by sanpipita(m): 7:55pm On Jul 15, 2017
nolimit1:

I think SBG04'S account is one of those government spies that are sent to forums to agitate and pacify in favor of the current apc government judging by the things he's written.. Both here and in the past... Check his recent posts

Well that's their problem, as long as I'm remain a Nigerian I won't allow his likes deceive Nigerians like they did in 2015 their wicked plots and narratives needs to be countered by every well meaning Nigerian, they will destroy everything if we keep quiet.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by chikeorji123(m): 8:06pm On Jul 15, 2017
QueenOfNepal:
When you start defending this government, you start acting weird and see Everyone as an enemy.

Look at sarrki today, he is so confused that today he doesn't know if his loyalty lies with APC or Buhari or Tinubu undecided

This government is accelerating the production of Zombies with their Farcical lies that will make aliens to cringe how worthless humans became under a space of two years in Nigeria

Finishing of the day
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by SBG04: 8:30pm On Jul 15, 2017
sanpipita:

I wouldn't have wasted my time replying all the gibberish you posted cos it clear you are deluded or you just want to fool yourself and the real enemies of Nigeria are your likes you who defending who the most clueless and incompetent ever govt in history of this country, their failure has ruined everything govts before them worked for, its a shame people like you claim to love Nigeria yet you support this blood sucking wicked govt http://punchng.com/kachikwu-emefiele-fly-private-jet-used-by-diezani/
Sir the very fact that you went online to pour over articles looking for where Kachukwu has flown private shows your true inclinations. You're someone who will never argue based on facts but will look for ways of turning the conversation elsewhere to justify your point. I have tackled your likes on this thread about the Power sector and they haven't raised a single point to oppose my views. one called me Lunatic. Another called me a paid agent. No single counter argument about the power sector. Just insults and diversions. You people are hopeless. Always looking for fault when there is none. Castigating people who are genuinely working for the progress of this country and praising the thieves and armed robbers that looted this country blind. Woe unto your kind!
Back to the Kachukwu issue, it was carried in the Punch and they reported that he chartered the same private jet that Diezani used from Vista jet to Emefieles mothers burial. He and Emefiele denied it. Emefiele went on to add that it was an Aero plane that was chartered to convey guests to the burial. Please let's argue about the power sector. If be very happy to engage you. After all that's what the thread is all about.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by surgical: 9:07pm On Jul 15, 2017
Ehiscotch:
Fashola spoke like politician. LOL
making fool of himself as usual,he should have left on a high but now he had been completely demysfied,the former action governor looking so ordinary.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by OBAGADAFFI: 9:39pm On Jul 15, 2017
SBG04:

You people are ignorant because you have simply refused to read. Nigeria has several power plants scattered all over the country. The agency responsible for increasing tariffs in Nigeria is the NERC. When tariffs were supposed to be increased in 2016 in tandem with the Power sector reform plan for incremental electricity and incremental tarrifs. My some Nigerians took the NERC to court and got an injunction halting that tariff increase. The Court of Appeal upturned that ruining recently and the NERC is free to increase tariffs now. So oga please the tariff was never increase before. And stupidity is expecting to enter a danfo bus and enjoy Air conditioning. If you want a luxury ride get an uber and pay! You want 24hrs electricity and want to pay peanuts in return. In which country is that practised? For the umpteenth time, Nigeria has serious power challenges today mainly because GENCOS are not financially buoyant enough to get dollar denominated gas supplies. They can't afford to buy gas in dollars and collect tariffs from DISCOS in Naira! The Nigerian Bulk electricity company which is supposed to bridge that cash loophole and act as an intermediary between the DISCOS and GENCOS is only just being supplied with cash. And the we have a former NERC head boasting that he and his board deliberately avoided increasing tariffs during Jonathans time for no reason known to logic when GENCOs were practically insolvent and in credit crisis.

My friend stop defending illigality .

1. Fashola lied that GEJ reduced electricity tariffs for political reasons

2. NERC debunk that lie, saying tariffs reduction was due to bad electricity supply from DISCO.

Now tell me why you are supporting higher tariffs, when we are getting poor electricity.

Do you know, there's a court Judgment against this increase?
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by SBG04: 9:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

My friend stop defending illigality .

1. Fashola lied the GEJ reduced electricity tariffs, political reasons

2. NERC debunk that lie, saying tariffs reduction was due to bad electricity supply from DISCO.

Now tell me why you are supporting higher tariffs, when we are getting poor electricity.
Do you know, there's a court Judgment against this increase?

My felow BNSITL don't disappoint me please. We (stock inclined people) are supposed to be research minded people. That court order you spoke about that was given in 2016 was upturned last week by the Court of Appeal. The court ruled that The lower court shouldn't have arbitrarily given that injunction without hearing from the NERC first.
Secondly like I've reiterated severally on this thread. There was absolutely no reason for the NERC under Jonathan to keep the tariffs low. It couldn't have been economic because we all know the GENCOS were dripping with debt. They were buying gas in dollars and get paid for electricity in Naira from a value chain funded by the inefficient DISCOS. You and I know about the woes of Transcorps plant in Ugheli that has been eating all Transcorps forex and preventing the company from declaring dividend for 2years running now. So in the midst of all this we have Sam Amadi coming out to boast that he as Ex chair of the NERC decided to keep tariffs low! How can a parent complain that a teacher failed his child when everyone knows (even the parents kbow) that the child never reads. How can Sam Amadi claim that he didnt allow tarrif hike because the DISCOS were not supplying anything when the reason for the poor supply in the first place was lack of funds for the GENCOS to buy gas!!!! Somebody is complaining that he cannot afford to buy gas in dollars and get paid from the peanuts that DISCOS collect as tarrif and Sam Amadi thought the reasonable thing to do was continue limiting the DISCOS to collecting peanuts!!!! and somehow expect them to pay the GENCOS millions of dollars to generate electricity! From where? You see how unreasonable their argument is? So sir It could only have been for political reasons.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by smart024(m): 9:56pm On Jul 15, 2017
ernieboy:

OK lemme c if I understand u so that we can be on the same page, you are saying that since he took the decision under GEJs tenure GEJ by extension should be liable for his decision. if that is correct then let me remind u that the act setting up nerc gives it a certain level of independence in decision making and its decisions do not necessarily need to be approved by the prez. the former nerx chair gave details of how decisions are reaches and it is collectively done by all nerc commissioners not just him alone.

GEJ is a person and the seat of the president is completely different...
The decision was taken by the seat of the president and not by GEJ as a person...
GEJ came and went, but the seat of the president remains...

If a decision was taken by the president last 10yrs doesn't mean the president now cannot be held liable for it...

My point is that if someone takes a decision without the approval of the president (regardless of who is in the seat) then such a person should be jailed...

NB: its you that keep bringing the name of GEJ into this...
He is just an individual that happened to occupy the seat of the president and that is why if the decision is no longer favourable, the person(s) complaining ought to approach the next person occupying the seat and not apportion blames...
Its simple logic which most of the masses don't understand and then gullible politicians use it against us in order to gain favoritism...
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by Xano(m): 9:59pm On Jul 15, 2017
Thank you sir.

Integrity and truth.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by bilazego(m): 10:11pm On Jul 15, 2017
Mr President should help this man by reducing his work load. how can you manage power, works and housing all together? there's no focus on any of the three key sectors.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by deomelo: 10:17pm On Jul 15, 2017
SBG04:

Oga please stop acting like those foolish senators in the Senate that condemned Fashola for inserting N20billion in the budget for contingencies and then turned around to commend the same person for swiftly moving to repair the damaged bridges that collapsed in Jebba. Where did Fashola get the money from? Was that bridge not an unforseen contingency?
There was no logical, economic, business or sensible reason for reducing tariffs. That stupid Former chair of the NERC just admitted to the rest of Nigeria that he sabotaged the entire country by depriving the power sector of badly needed funds. Instead of condemning the irresponsible man, you're here justifying his stupidity and even praising him for being very "explanatory"
Honestly with the way some Nigerians think you'll just feel like giving up. I wonder how people like Fashola wake up everyday to go to work knowing that all their efforts, worķing for some stupid and foolish Nigerians like the ones here on Nairaland, are all but in vain.

The people you are arguing with don't see it that way and they can not because they are not looking it from sound, sane, rational, logical and economic perspective, they are well behind their usual ignorance, lack of intelligence confines hence not understanding the facts and reasons behind the current bad situation regarding electricity.

The Amadi clown just admitted to the world that he sabotaged us with his thoughtless and unpatriotic decision and the whole gist flew over their heads.

All they are interested and all they want us to know is how much they hate Fashola no matter what. These are the same people abusing Fashola while applauding the lawmakers for cutting the budget for their own bridge.

Hate and bitterness can not make them reason beyond the same hatred, bitterness, tribalism and anger and this is why they can never progress.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by deomelo: 10:19pm On Jul 15, 2017
smart024:

GEJ is a person and the seat of the president is completely different...
The decision was taken by the seat of the president and not by GEJ as a person...
GEJ came and went, but the seat of the president remains...

If a decision was taken by the president last 10yrs doesn't mean the president now cannot be held liable for it...

My point is that if someone takes a decision without the approval of the president (regardless of who is in the seat) then such a person should be jailed...

NB: its you that keep bringing the name of GEJ into this...
He is just an individual that happened to occupy the seat of the president and that is why if the decision is no longer favourable, the person(s) complaining ought to approach the next person occupying the seat and not apportion blames...
Its simple logic which most of the masses don't understand and then gullible politicians use it against us in order to gain favoritism...

One of the most senseless and meaningless rubbish on NL. No sense and logic at all.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by OBAGADAFFI: 10:21pm On Jul 15, 2017
SBG04:

My felow BNSITL don't disappoint me please. We (stock inclined people) are supposed to be research minded people. That court order you spoke about that was given in 2016 was upturned last week by the Court of Appeal. The court ruled that The lower court shouldn't have arbitrarily given that injunction without hearing from the NERC first.
Secondly like I've reiterated severally on this thread. There was absolutely no reason for the NERC under Jonathan to keep the tariffs low. It couldn't have been economic because we all know the GENCOS were dripping with debt. They were buying gas in dollars and get paid for electricity in Naira from a value chain funded by the inefficient DISCOS. You and I know about the woes of Transcorps plant in Ugheli that has been eating all Transcorps forex and preventing the company from declaring dividend for 2years running now. So in the midst of all this we have Sam Amadi coming out to boast that he as Ex chair of the NERC decided to keep tariffs low! How can a parent complain that a teacher failed his child when everyone knows (even the parents kbow) that the child never reads. How can Sam Amadi claim that he didnt allow tarrif hike because the DISCOS were not supplyibg anything when the reason for the poor supply in the first place was lack of funds for the GENCOS to buy gas!!!! You see how unreasonable their argument is? It could only have been for political reasons.

Well I am just knowing that an Appeal court has overturned the Judgment.

But let's consider this facts below.

1. The biggest debtors to DISCOs today, is the government. And that's why they can't pay the GENCOS

2. Most of this DISCOs lack cooperate governance, they're not paying their due to GENCOs, even after using estimated billing on customers.
So, how are we sure this DISCOS will remit payment to GENCOS is tariffs are increased.

3. The reasons we're buy Nigerian Gas in dollars is due to an agreement between Nigeria and the JV partners at Bonny Island.
And I expect the current govement to review that agreement.

Finally
I expect the Govement to release the funds they promised the GENCOS, and make sure Gas is sold to Nigerians in Naira.

But the DISCO must be handled with iron- fist, because those guy will always divert funds, the turnaround and blame the Customers, govement and GENCOS.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by SBG04: 10:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
deomelo:

The people you are arguing with don't see it that way and they can not because they are not looking it from sound, sane, rational, logical and economic perspective, they are well behind their usual ignorance, lack of intelligence confines hence not understanding the facts and reasons behind the current bad situation regarding electricity.

The Amadi clown just admitted to the world that he sabotaged us with his thoughtless and unpatriotic decision and the whole gist flew over their heads.

All they are interested and all they want us to know is how much they hate Fashola no matter what. These are the same people abusing Fashola while applauding the lawmakers for cutting the budget for their own bridge.

Hate and bitterness can not make them reason beyond the same hatred, bitterness, tribalism and anger and this is why they can never progress.
The only person I feel for is Fashola. I don't understand how that man wakes up every morning to go and work for these senseless zombies that have absolutely no idea how much they've been robbed off. People that hate him for doing the right thing. Instead they prefer praising The likes of Amadi and Jonathan that robbed them blind.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by OBAGADAFFI: 10:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
deomelo:

One of the most senseless and meaningless rubbish on NL. No sense and logic at all.

Is it LOGICAL to blame PMB or Acting Oshinbanjo for the Action/inactions of the Ministers?
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by SBG04: 10:32pm On Jul 15, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Well I am just knowing that an Appeal court has overturned the Judgment.

But let's consider this facts below.

1. The biggest debtors to DISCOs today, is the government. And that's why they can't pay the GENCOS

2. Most of this DISCOs lack cooperate governance, they're not paying their due to GENCOs, even after using estimated billing on customers.
So, how are we sure this DISCOS will remit payment to GENCOS is tariffs are increased.

3. The reasons we're buy Nigerian Gas in dollars is due to an agreement between Nigeria and the JV partners at Bonny Island.
And I expect the current govement to review that agreement.

Finally
I expect the Govement to release the funds they promised the GENCOS, and make sure Gas is sold to Nigerians in Naira.

But the DISCO must be handled with iron- fist, because those guy will always divert funds, the turnaround and blame the Customers, govement and GENCOS.
Sir the question we should be asking is that why did Sam Amadi who was paid very fat bonuses (incredibly fat) as chair of the NERC and knowing fully well about the credit constraints in the power sector openly admit today that he kept tarrifs down? What was the economic, logical, or sensible reason for that? Someone complains to you that he doesn't have money to work with and you cut his two hands off and tell him you're helping him. Where on earth is the sense in that? So in keeping with the topic of the thread, can you now see why Fashola said it was a political decision by Jonathan?
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by deomelo: 10:37pm On Jul 15, 2017
SBG04:

The only person I feel for is Fashola. I don't understand how that man wakes up every morning to go and work for these senseless zombies that have absolutely no idea how much they've been robbed off. People that hate him for doing the right thing. Instead they prefer praising The likes of Amadi and Jonathan that robbed them blind.

These are sad reflection and byproducts of tribalism, ignorance and bigotry.

The same mentally dubious people applauded the crooked lawmakers for slashing the budget for the 2nd NB even though they've been begging for this bridge for 30 years are also the primary end users.

Fashola was successful in Lagos state because he didn't have to deal with or ask for funds from crooks, tribal bigots and incompetent government officials and people at the federal level with different interests and lack of patriotic spirit.

Tribalism is a very powerful force and the same thing they've been using to marginalize themselves.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by deomelo: 10:41pm On Jul 15, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Is it LOGICAL to blame PMB or Acting Oshinbanjo for the Action/inactions of the Ministers?

It is very very and more than logical to blame PMB for any decision made by him directly of any part of his administration including ministries and agencies.

The buck always stops with the president and the president is always responsible for all the decisions made by the people he hires and that serve under him.

I know leadership 101 is not your forte, but try to look into it for proper education per leadership and responsibility.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by OBAGADAFFI: 10:47pm On Jul 15, 2017
SBG04:

Sir the question we should be asking is that why did Sam Amadi who was paid very fat bonuses (incredibly fat) as chair of the NERC and knowing fully well about the credit constraints in the power sector openly admit today that he kept tarrifs down? What was the economic, logical, or sensible reason for that? Someone complains to you that he doesn't have money to work with and you cut his two hands off and tell him you're helping him. Where on earth is the sense in that? So in keeping with the topic of the thread, can you now see why Fashola said it was a political decision by Jonathan?

Now read this.

Just like the Board of Governors of the Central Bank of Nigeria does on monetary policy. Every tariff we have issued from 2010 to 2015 did not receive or require the approval of the president; only NERC Commissioners decided on these.

Before issuing MYTO 2.0, we debated on what to do with the collection losses of DisCos from consumers. Two schools of thought then emerged among the commissioners: One, supported by most Commissioners, wanted the collection losses to be reduced to zero or to the low level of the pre-privatisation DisCos. The other school wanted us to keep it as contracted by DisCos and the Bureau of Public Enterprise, even as it skyrockets the tariffs. After much debate, the overwhelming position was to reduce the collection losses. When the draft of the tariff was issued, the DisCos protested and the commissioners had a rethink, revised the model and issued MYTO 2.0 that saw more than a 180 percent tariff increase for a number of customers in some DisCos.

Manufacturers and other customer groups protested this astronomical hike in prices and sent in a formal petition. NERC’s business rules require it to reconsider a tariff when an aggrieved customer petitions it within 60 days of the issuance of a tariff order. On the basis of the petition, NERC held a public hearing at Sheraton Hotel with all DisCo heads and some consumers groups,

The NERC technical team recommended that the collection losses should be set at zero and that any DisCo wanting to have collection losses above zero should apply, with evidence of its diligent efforts to control losses. This recommendation was presented to the industry meeting where the DisCos totally rejected it, expectedly. The NERC commissioners nevertheless approved it through the usual process of decision-making and consequently reduced the revenue requirement of the DisCos, which then resulted in lower tariffs for most customers

Note:
This DISCOs has been receiving funds from the government, even while they are charging the customers high tariffs.

Any DisCo wanting to have collection losses above zero should apply, with evidence of its diligent efforts to control losses.

Why didn't the DISCOS apply.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by OBAGADAFFI: 10:53pm On Jul 15, 2017
deomelo:

It is very very and more than logical to blame PMB for any decision made by him directly of any part of his administration including ministries and agencies.

The buck always stops with the president and the president is always responsible for all the decisions made by the people he hires and that serve under him.

I know leadership 101 is not your forte, but try to look into it for proper education per leadership and responsibility.

Pele o.

I hope you won't forget this post, if Nigerians blame Buhari for Poor health care, falling education and bad infrastructure.

Mr leadership 101 grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Umahi Seeks Reconciliation, Negotiations With Bandits In Ebonyi / Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police / Gunmen Kidnap Diezani Allison-Madueke's Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.