Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola (18427 Views)

Ihedioha: I Didn’t Order Demolition Of Okorocha's Monument / Buhari Didn’t Order Nigerians To Be Shot Summarily – Tinubu / Jonathan Didn’t Announce The Bullet Proof Car You Got – Omokri Blasts Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by deomelo: 10:53pm On Jul 15, 2017
Chukazu:

Nothing special about street lights been powered by Generators and Solar panels, even states that are not as big as Lagos have got that

But you tactically evaded my questions

1. Your FG including 16 years of PDP couldn't supply any government building, street lights, hospitals, waterworks and so on uninterrupted 24/7 electricity, but Fashola did.

2. PDP and Jona budget and stole $20 billion power fund and all they gave us in return was darkness, but Fashola in Lagos built 5 power plants that guarantee 2/4 electricity government facilities without $20 billion, something your 55 years old FG still can not even dream of.

3. 16 years of PDP and Jona couldn't build the 2nd NB, but Fashola built still the best bridge in Nigeria in less than 3 years.

4. If solar or power generator is giving 1 single Nigerian, 1 single government building or 1 single hospital uninterrupted power supply, it is still a good thing and what your 55-year-old government, 16 years of PDP and jona couldn't do.

We know what Fashola can do and the fact that he's dealing with crooks and incompetent clowns and tribal bigots at the Nationa level doesn't change anything, he's a performer anytime any day.

Fashola remains the most accomplished government official in the history of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by SBG04: 10:54pm On Jul 15, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Now read this.

Just like the Board of Governors of the Central Bank of Nigeria does on monetary policy. Every tariff we have issued from 2010 to 2015 did not receive or require the approval of the president; only NERC Commissioners decided on these.

Before issuing MYTO 2.0, we debated on what to do with the collection losses of DisCos from consumers. Two schools of thought then emerged among the commissioners: One, supported by most Commissioners, wanted the collection losses to be reduced to zero or to the low level of the pre-privatisation DisCos. The other school wanted us to keep it as contracted by DisCos and the Bureau of Public Enterprise, even as it skyrockets the tariffs. After much debate, the overwhelming position was to reduce the collection losses. When the draft of the tariff was issued, the DisCos protested and the commissioners had a rethink, revised the model and issued MYTO 2.0 that saw more than a 180 percent tariff increase for a number of customers in some DisCos.

Manufacturers and other customer groups protested this astronomical hike in prices and sent in a formal petition. NERC’s business rules require it to reconsider a tariff when an aggrieved customer petitions it within 60 days of the issuance of a tariff order. On the basis of the petition, NERC held a public hearing at Sheraton Hotel with all DisCo heads and some consumers groups,

The NERC technical team recommended that the collection losses should be set at zero and that any DisCo wanting to have collection losses above zero should apply, with evidence of its diligent efforts to control losses. This recommendation was presented to the industry meeting where the DisCos totally rejected it, expectedly. The NERC commissioners nevertheless approved it through the usual process of decision-making and consequently reduced the revenue requirement of the DisCos, which then resulted in lower tariffs for most customers

Note:
This DISCOs has been receiving funds from the government, even while they are charging the customers high tariffs.

Any DisCo wanting to have collection losses above zero should apply, with evidence of its diligent efforts to control losses.

Why didn't the DISCOS apply.

The

Sir the incremental tariff plan and incremental electricity was part of the power master plan that was drafted at the onset of the Privitization of the power sector. The NERC agreed to incremental power and incremental tarrifs. If at this point you agree with all the gibberish Amadi posted on the front page of this thread then I honestly give up. Nigeria may never be rescued when people continue to think the way a lot of you people think. Praising your enemies for striking you repeatedly and stealing from you. And castigating your true friends for fighting for you. Tufia!
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by deomelo: 10:55pm On Jul 15, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Pele o.

I hope you won't forget this post, if Nigerians blame Buhari for Poor health care, falling education and bad infrastructure.

Mr leadership 101 grin

Are they not blaming him every day for the decisions made by other people in his administration?

Abi is this not what these senseless and hypocritical ignorant Igbos are doing every day?

Abeg leave story.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by smart024(m): 10:59pm On Jul 15, 2017
deomelo:

One of the most senseless and meaningless rubbish on NL. No sense and logic at all.

It could be senseless and meaningless rubbish only if you tell me that the seat on the president stops or terminates with the exit of one individual and starts afresh with the entrance of another...

NB: Before you say a thing, have a rethink why ASUU keeps going on strike based on agreements made to them in 2000 and why there is a clamor for the actualization of the last tenure's national conference...
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by deomelo: 11:05pm On Jul 15, 2017
smart024:

It could be senseless and meaningless rubbish only if you tell me that the seat on the president stops or terminates with the exit of one individual and starts afresh with the entrance of another...

NB: Before you say a thing, have a rethink why ASUU keeps going on strike based on agreements made to them in 2000 and why there is a clamor for the actualization of the last tenure's national conference...

The fact that you have a new president doesn't mean the previous admins are not responsible for the decisions they or any part of their government made.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by CharlotteFlair: 11:05pm On Jul 15, 2017
Ehiscotch:
Fashola spoke like politician. LOL
Then tell him he is becoming increasingly annoying by the day. If he is overwhelmed, he should step down. undecided

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by OBAGADAFFI: 11:18pm On Jul 15, 2017
SBG04:

Sir the incremental tariff plan and incremental electricity was part of the power master plan that was drafted at the onset of the Privitization of the power sector. The NERC agreed to incremental power and incremental tarrifs. If at this point you agree with all the gibberish Amadi posted on the front page of this thread then I honestly give up. Nigeria may never be rescued when people continue to think the way a lot of you people think. Praising your enemies for striking you repeatedly and stealing from you. And castigating your true friends for fighting for you. Tufia!

Who are your enemies and who are your friends..?

Do you know how much my business burn on fuel every month and the DISCOS your are defending will still bring their crazy bill worth 500k to my office?

You're are here Justifying increase in tariffs even when you know the DISCOS are Corrupted thieves. And they will never be truthful to both the customers and government.

So you believe Fashola and doubt Amadi. Because one is APC and the other PDP.

But you forget Fashola said this.
Tariff is not fixed by the minister; I don’t fix tariff. I have no power over it. What happened during the last tariff exercise was that I expressed an opinion of support for the tariff.

“Tariff is fixed by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission.

http://punchng.com/dont-stop-electricity-tariff-review-fashola-begs-nigerians/

I thought I am talking to a business minded person.

I never knew you are one of those APC vs PDP noise makers.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by smart024(m): 11:20pm On Jul 15, 2017
deomelo:

The fact that you have a new president doesn't mean the previous admins are not responsible for the decisions they or any part of their government made.

Which one is more costly; trying to fix the rot in oeder to alliviate the difficulties people are facing or sitting back and apportioning blames while the masses suffer...?

The major problem we have in governance in Nigeria is "continuity and discontinuity" while every leader is coming in with new policies, they most of the times tend to dump even the policies that favoured the masses that were implemented by the past administrations...
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by totorimi: 11:33pm On Jul 15, 2017
So afterall it was Tinubu that was providing the force to work in Lagos and we were busy hailing Fashola, now Tinubu is not there for him just take a look at the woeful and abysmal performance upon all the boasting. Later he will come and start lecturing us on ow to turn on and off elecetricity.

Unless proff gets rid of all these tyros Bubu wasted tax payers money to go and select this is how they will be fooling themselves till 2019 without achieving anything.

just name them, labour, finance, housing & power, agric, transport, petroleum etc let them just point a single achievement zero
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by deomelo: 11:46pm On Jul 15, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Who are your enemies and who are your friends..?

Do you know how much my business burn on fuel every month and the DISCOS your are defending will still bring their crazy bill worth 500k to my office?

You're are here Justifying increase in tariffs even when you know the DISCOS are Corrupted thieves. And they will never be truthful to both the customers and government.

So you believe Fashola and doubt Amadi. Because one is APC and the other PDP.

But you forget Fashola said this.
Tariff is not fixed by the minister; I don’t fix tariff. I have no power over it. What happened during the last tariff exercise was that I expressed an opinion of support for the tariff.

“Tariff is fixed by the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission.

http://punchng.com/dont-stop-electricity-tariff-review-fashola-begs-nigerians/

I thought I am talking to a business minded person.

I never knew you are one of those APC vs PDP noise makers.

1. PDP/Jona sold our power assets to their friend's and cronies with little or no knowledge regarding electricity from generation to distribution.

2. The cronies they sold the power assets to also didn't have funds to improve and grow their operations with which today happens to be one of their major problems, no liquidity that is.

3. You said the DISCO are corrupt thieves, but Jona and his gangs sold our power assets to them and their crooked conies anyways.

4. Ok, the DISCOS and GENCOS must expand their operations for smooth and effective services, build MW capacity and delivery, but they don't have funds and banks won't loan them 1 kobo.

5. On top of the reduction in tariff, where or how do you suggest they get money from?

6. So, the DISCOs and GENCOs don't have funds and you don't want to give them funds in form of tariffs, where do you go from here and please explain to us the solutions and way forward.

You people sound really really confused and you have zero clue per what you are defending or supporting.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by deomelo: 11:53pm On Jul 15, 2017
smart024:

Which one is more costly; trying to fix the rot in oeder to alliviate the difficulties people are facing or sitting back and apportioning blames while the masses suffer...?

The major problem we have in governance in Nigeria is "continuity and discontinuity" while every leader is coming in with new policies, they most of the times tend to dump even the policies that favoured the masses that were implemented by the past administrations...

The way forward and solutions per moving forward sometimes means identifying and correcting mistakes from the past.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by walexbiz(m): 12:45am On Jul 16, 2017
bkool7:

You cant discuss without insult?

What,do you expect man who said Gej is a good president to the electricity sector to say?

I stopped reading from there. The man was far from being honest, he was merely defending his benefactor. Gej that we all know sold offf Nepa to his cabal friends . Pls!

Thank you ooo, I thought there was no sane man in this fora until you made this post, what would any sane man would have expected from Amadi an appointee of a man who deliberately ruined the live of most Nigerian when he could have ameliorated it.

In all I think Fashola too should face the job he is been paid for square and stop throwing jibe around has no one begged him to accept appointment.

Also this is a lesson for those who hastily criticized their leader when they err.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by deomelo: 1:32am On Jul 16, 2017
walexbiz:

Thank you ooo, I thought there was no sane man in this fora until you made this post, what would any sane man would have expected from Amadi an appointee of a man who deliberately ruined the live of most Nigerian when he could have ameliorated it.

In all I think Fashola too should face the job he is been paid for square and stop throwing jibe around has no one begged him to accept appointment.

Also this is a lesson for those who hastily criticized their leader when they err.

Very ironic conclusion.

Nigerians are so used to something going wrong, suffering and not owed any explanation or reasons from their leaders why they are suffering and why things are not heading in the right direction.

Good and credible leaders communication wrongs in the system and the reasons why things are the way they are and to blame the man for educating you per the problems facing you and the reason why the problems emanated in the first place is like asking the man not to do his job or even identifying faults and where they came from is is short-changing yourself.

How do you even move ahead or correct any bad situation without knowing what happened in the first place?

Assigning blame is always part of process improvement and last time I check, the same people and hypocrites abusing the minister for speaking the truth blame everything under the sun on the minister himself, his party and the president every second of the day
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by OBAGADAFFI: 7:34am On Jul 16, 2017
deomelo:

1. PDP/Jona sold our power assets to their friend's and cronies with little or no knowledge regarding electricity from generation to distribution.

2. The cronies they sold the power assets to also didn't have funds to improve and grow their operations with which today happens to be one of their major problems, no liquidity that is.

3. You said the DISCO are corrupt thieves, but Jona and his gangs sold our power assets to them and their crooked conies anyways.

4. Ok, the DISCOS and GENCOS must expand their operations for smooth and effective services, build MW capacity and delivery, but they don't have funds and banks won't loan them 1 kobo.

5. On top of the reduction in tariff, where or how do you suggest they get money from?

6. So, the DISCOs and GENCOs don't have funds and you don't want to give them funds in form of tariffs, where do you go from here and please explain to us the solutions and way forward.

You people sound really really confused and you have zero clue per what you are defending or supporting.

Everything to you poeple is PDP vs APC.

Why don't you tell us what the DISCOS did with all the money govement gave them?

Why don't you tell the govement to pay their debts to the DISCOS.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by Codes151(m): 8:12am On Jul 16, 2017
Ehiscotch:

LOL. I finally read the full article. I like how he came out to explain in detailed accounts the events that took place before the decision.
oh you finally read? Since u saw Gej u just jumped in to rant! Zombie
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by Codes151(m): 8:14am On Jul 16, 2017
OBAGADAFFI:

Everything to you poeple is PDP vs APC.

Why don't you tell us what the DISCOS did with all the money govement gave them?

Why don't you tell the govement to pay their debts to the DISCOS.
its a big problem my brother! Nigerians are bleeped up upstairs..... instead of to read from someone, they are here talking about sth they know nothing about!!!! Just cuz it has Gej inside them lines
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by billante(m): 12:57pm On Jul 16, 2017
SBG04:

My felow BNSITL don't disappoint me please. We (stock inclined people) are supposed to be research minded people. That court order you spoke about that was given in 2016 was upturned last week by the Court of Appeal. The court ruled that The lower court shouldn't have arbitrarily given that injunction without hearing from the NERC first.
Secondly like I've reiterated severally on this thread. There was absolutely no reason for the NERC under Jonathan to keep the tariffs low. It couldn't have been economic because we all know the GENCOS were dripping with debt. They were buying gas in dollars and get paid for electricity in Naira from a value chain funded by the inefficient DISCOS. You and I know about the woes of Transcorps plant in Ugheli that has been eating all Transcorps forex and preventing the company from declaring dividend for 2years running now. So in the midst of all this we have Sam Amadi coming out to boast that he as Ex chair of the NERC decided to keep tariffs low! How can a parent complain that a teacher failed his child when everyone knows (even the parents kbow) that the child never reads. How can Sam Amadi claim that he didnt allow tarrif hike because the DISCOS were not supplying anything when the reason for the poor supply in the first place was lack of funds for the GENCOS to buy gas!!!! Somebody is complaining that he cannot afford to buy gas in dollars and get paid from the peanuts that DISCOS collect as tarrif and Sam Amadi thought the reasonable thing to do was continue limiting the DISCOS to collecting peanuts!!!! and somehow expect them to pay the GENCOS millions of dollars to generate electricity! From where? You see how unreasonable their argument is? So sir It could only have been for political reasons.

you are just blindly supporting Fashola/APC.... The current NERC under the same Fashola ministry of power just directed that big customers of disco should not pay for any electricity if the disco don't meter them......if we use your analogy of the wrongness of GEJ NERC reducing tarrif when money is needed by the operators even though they were not offering the services they are collecting costly tarrif for ..Am sure the analogy will be thrown out of the window by your kind when it pertains to APC govt.

You dey try! weldone
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by bejeria101(m): 4:07pm On Jul 16, 2017
Specialist900:
They should keep blaming GEJ

When i talk now u wld tell me to calm down,dis govt of trial and error featuring excuses.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by greenmonk: 11:47pm On Jul 16, 2017
SBG04:
I've read some disgraceful comments here. We have a former NERC regulator who is admitting that he authorised the reversal in electricity tariffs when Gencos especially were complaining of foreign exchange losses everyday. There was So much debt hanging around the Discos and Gencos as at the time the APC government came in. Minister Fashola recently facilitated the emergence of a N700 Billion emergency cash injection for the power sector in Nigeria. Why? Because tariffs were low and Gencos were not getting any remittance from the Discos. Discos were complaining that they are getting little from consumers because the tariffs were low. And yet we have the ex chair of the regulatory agency coming out to admit he sabotaged the power sector by approving the reducition of tariffs and starving the sector of funds. And some idiots here who have absolutely no idea of what is going on are here calling Fashola names instead of condemning the idiot Amadi. Forgetting that there was no economic, technical or sensible reason for reducing tariffs when they were reduced. It was purely political.
Shameless country!
And you who is not an idiot is saying that it is right to increase tarrif on nonavailable electricity and ripoff the masses with estimated power consumption by an agency that refused to issue prepaid meters to consumers because they know they cant supply 200hrs of electricity in a month to the consumer.
Kindly tell us how it is done in civilised climes. Is it the consumer who sponsor the investors infrastructure or they pay for services rendered. This is Amadis stand i.e. you cant raise tarrif until you improve your services.
Re: Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola by Specialist900(m): 5:18pm On Jul 17, 2017
bejeria101:

When i talk now u wld tell me to calm down,dis govt of trial and error featuring excuses.
still calm down grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Majority Of Nigerians Love Buhari, Forget Social Media Critics –femi Adesina / APC Rejects PDP’s Denial Of Fayose’s Controversial Buhari Advert / Judith Amaechi Visits Patience Jonathan Over Mother's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.