Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,325 members, 7,819,111 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) (41119 Views)

This Building Located At Iyana Era, Along Badagry Expressway, Ijanikin, Lagos / Please Help Appraise/vet This Building Cost / Please Help Criticze This Building Plan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 3:25pm On Jul 15, 2017
Good afternoon people, please I need your help. I need an estimate of how much it will cost to finish a 4-bedroom flat already at lintels level on a moderate budget. The building has a lobby and a living room.
I want to have an idea of how much it will cost to finish it, the money is not exactly available but if I have a rough estimate, then I can know where to start from and what to do with the little money on ground.
Your ideas are needed on the type of doors to use - affordable ones please.
Roofing sheets and ceiling materials.
Experts here should please help me list the needed materials and the cost estimate.
Thanks.

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 3:30pm On Jul 15, 2017
cc lawyer
eriko2k2
EgunMogaji
kadiri07
talkamu
truthinlife
mufutau55
baconline oluwadamyte mynd44 mysticvibe hurricaneChris cosmic22 hjedua ajarossi
hslbroker spyder880
saydfact harunaWest
lalasticlala .... I'm sorry to disturb you guys

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by fendorf(m): 4:19pm On Jul 15, 2017
Contact us for ur granite and sharpsand

6 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 15, 2017
SPEEDEPITOME:
Good afternoon people, please I need your help. I need an estimate of how much it will cost to finish a 4-bedroom flat already at lintels level on a moderate budget. The building has a lobby and a living room.
I want to have an idea of how much it will cost to finish it, the money is not exactly available but if I have a rough estimate, then I can know where to start from and what to do with the little money on ground.
Experts here should please help me list the needed materials and the cost estimate.
Thanks.

From what I've seen on here, the professionals would need a building plan as well as the area that you're building in to give you a very very rough estimate.

The method that I'm employing is different from most on here so it might not be applicable to you as I'm not in any hurry to complete my build at all.

Good luck on your project.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by andaxon: 7:27am On Jul 16, 2017
SPEEDEPITOME:
Thanks.

Send a mail if you need a quote on Quality Aluminum Windows, Doors, Partition, Cladding and Curtain Wall. andaxon.o@gm ail.com
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by SPEEDEPITOME(f): 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2017
EgunMogaji:

From what I've seen on here, the professionals would need a building plan as well as the area that you're building in to give you a very very rough estimate.

The method that I'm employing is different from most on here so it might not be applicable to you as I'm not in any hurry to complete my build at all.

Good luck on your project.
Oh okay.
Thank you very much.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by saydfact(m): 8:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
Let me give u a more detailed explanation at how I arrived at the 4-5m I gave u on my thread...

Considering the size and the standard.

Roofing = 1m plus using aluminum or almost using fibre Cement roofing sheet. Let's stick with 1m

Windows = at about 21-24k per window (casement) for 1200 by 1200 with other sizes being relative. Total Windows are about 18 nos with some bigger than 1.2by1.2 = abt 550k

Doors = let's use 25k per door, thou ur steel doors for external wld cost about 50-75k depending on choice and size, we have abt 15 doors that's about 400k

Total for doors and windows = abt 1m also (remember you'll need Cement, sand to fix all)

Tiles = just budget 500k if you want to tile all floors and toilet walls. Your choice can make it more or less.

Ceiling to rooms = asbestos cost 1.4k per sheet of 1.2by1.2. Your square area is approx = 250m2 this about 240k for materials only. Add workmanship, Trans etc I'll say 350k

Electrical and plumbing = visit an electrical shop and you'll appreciate Nigeria cable is gold... Just budget 750k for electrical and another 500k for plumbing

I HOPE WE'VE NOT EXCEEDED 5m?

Good, so far we're on 4m only... .

Think about this, Buglary, Painting, plastering (which can't be less than 300k materials inclusive for plastering only),

Need I type more? - Sorry I have to stop - A client just sent me a whatsapp message.

So in summary you can't really spend less than 5m

Good luck.

Lalasticlala - What u think?

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by twinskenny(m): 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
saydfact:
Let me give u a more detailed explanation at how I arrived at the 4-5m I gave u on my thread...

Roofing = 1m plus using aluminum or almost using fibre Cement roofing sheet. Let's stick with 1m

Windows = at about 21-24k per window (casement) for 1200 by 1200 with other sizes being relative. Total Windows are about 18 nos with some bigger than 1.2by1.2 = abt 550k

Doors = let's use 25k per door, thou ur steel doors for external wld cost about 50-75k depending on choice and size, we have abt 15 doors that's about 400k

Total for doors and windows = abt 1m also (remember you'll need Cement, sand to fix all)

Tiles = just budget 500k if you want to tile all floors and toilet walls. Your choice can make it more or less.

Ceiling to rooms = asbestos cost 1.4k per sheet of 1.2by1.2. Your square area is approx = 250m2 this about 240k for materials only. Add workmanship, Trans etc I'll say 350k

Electrical and plumbing = visit an electrical shop and you'll appreciate Nigeria cable is gold... Just budget 750k for electrical and another 500k for plumbing

Think about this, Buglary, Painting, plastering (which can't be less than 300k materials inclusive),

Need I type more? - Sorry I have to stop - A client just sent me a whatsapp message.

Good luck.

WOW GOOD analysis GOD BLESS you

Cable is really gold right now...

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by johnson232: 9:39pm On Jul 18, 2017
saydfact:

Think about this, Buglary, Painting, plastering (which can't be less than 300k materials inclusive),

Good luck.

Na my eyes dey deceive me... cheesy

U just jump to finishes without talking about the structure itself...
blocks, concrete work, reinforcement, sandfilling & labour involved to carry them out?
Op u will need additonal 2m -3m to what he posted...

11 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by johnson232: 9:41pm On Jul 18, 2017
SPEEDEPITOME:
Thanks.
But the courtyard in the floor plan, will give serious roofing problem, too small. I see no need for it...
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by toxxnoni(m): 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
cool
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by Ugoeze2016: 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
tongue
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by NwaAmaikpe: 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
shocked

This plan is an insult to professionals like me.
This was certainly drawn by a quack draughtsman

Which architect still designs on tracing paper wih point pens and stencils when we have Archicad, Revit and AutoCAD 3D.

OP get that plan redesigned by a professional.
Who still uses a void courtyard next to a kitchen in a bungalow just for lighting purposes?

The design is shabby, very shabby.

The toilets for the two rooms should be ensuite,
Same as that for the guestroom...

The situation of the guestroom is also a no-no for me. It should not be accessed on the same lobby where the master's bedroom is accessed through.
There is no privacy.

Only professionals can relate to my critique.

To your question on cost?
No need building this trash. Get it redesigned.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by canalily(m): 9:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
Many pains and enough climbingangry
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by Jarus(m): 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2017
Depends on finishing you want
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by opalu: 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2017
Hmm
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by Wonberi(m): 9:48pm On Jul 18, 2017
Pls give Ur mail for electrical quote
SPEEDEPITOME:
Thanks.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by M1m2: 9:49pm On Jul 18, 2017
Contact HsLBroker he is wonderful on calculation of something like this.
plus he is a builder himself
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by malware: 9:49pm On Jul 18, 2017
45million Naira
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by frubben(m): 9:49pm On Jul 18, 2017
10 million so dat small change go remain take host beer for men grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by anyimontana(m): 9:50pm On Jul 18, 2017
It will only cost u money to complete it,notin more Notin less bro
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 18, 2017
the courtyard though... no need for it.
OP budget like #8,000,000 for the job + or minus #2,000,000
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by rotecch77(m): 9:52pm On Jul 18, 2017
So many things is missing in your calculation.
Plastering, painting, burglary at 300 with workmanship,hmmmmm

* to do plastering alone just workmanship your 200-300k is gone.
* now calculate cement, sand,
*paint cost and labour.
*burglary

Only tiles will cost you about 650-750. Against 500 qouted.

Now add
* cement
*sand
* water
* workmanship

Roofing 1m for aluminum roof and wood work. Recheck again.

Only wood work and workmanship will cost you about 350-400k

*Now calculate aluminum
* installation

Aluminum casement window for 25k ? 1200*1200 size.
Hmmmmm

We dey watch o

Just my 5cent ooo.

6 Likes

Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by Idrismusty97(m): 9:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
Consult a certified quantity surveyor. By mere looking at it it could run into millions, 5m at least. And this is just the floor plan. What about roofing and type of material specified? The roofing is a whole new level on it on.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by Stevengerd(m): 9:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
SPEEDEPITOME:
Thanks.
How Much Will U Pay Me?
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by princeifynicky(m): 9:59pm On Jul 18, 2017
You might want to send me a mail, so I can give you a detailed BOQ for this project.
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by missjolacrown(f): 10:00pm On Jul 18, 2017
Location of the project
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by auntysimbiat(f): 10:00pm On Jul 18, 2017
Make sense
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by dipznano: 10:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
saydfact:

Good luck.

Oga u no mention Geophysical and geotechnical survey o, dat na how fine houses dey bend or collapse! 9ja!
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by GoodFaith: 10:06pm On Jul 18, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This was certainly drawn by a quack draughtsman

Which architect still designs on tracing paper wih point pens and stencils when we have Archicad, Revit and AutoCAD 3D.

OP get that plan redesigned by a professional.
Who still uses a void courtyard next to a kitchen in a bungalow just for lighting purposes?

The design is shabby, very shabby.

The toilets for the two rooms should be ensuite,
Same as that for the guestroom...

The situation of the guestroom is also a no-no for me. It should not be accessed on the same lobby where the master's bedroom is accessed through.
There is no privacy.

Only professionals can relate to my critique.

To your question on cost?
No need building this trash. Get it redesigned.
how can you pay over 200k for four bedroom house
if two bricklayers and one server for a room--I guess you are a contractor

Priced it out for 50k a flat inside
excluding ceiling
stairway, outside
Re: How Much Will It Cost To Finish This Building Please? (pics) by GoodFaith: 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
@Saydfact -- Are u a contractor

"Ceiling to rooms = asbestos cost 1.4k per sheet of 1.2by1.2. Your square area is approx = 250m2 this about 240k for materials only. Add workmanship, Trans etc I'll say 350k"--- Hell NO
Four flat POP was 1.2 M so POP will be about 400k

Electrical and plumbing = visit an electrical shop and you'll appreciate Nigeria cable is gold... Just budget 750k--Hell NO

just did two flat wire and fix ,-labor for less 400k

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New 6 Bedroom Duplex Construction By Tigerkenn Homes / The Collapsed 21-Storey Building Was Sealed By Lagos State Government In 2020 / The Posh 6 Flats Of 3 Bedrooms Block Of Flats In Enugu, The Construction Process

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.