Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? (964 Views)

Any Religion or Secret group that entices people with money Is satanic / Religion Or Science? / Is Your Religion Or Church A Cult? 8 Points That Prove You're In A Cult!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by MrHyde: 9:05am On Jul 16, 2017
Hypothetically, if you meet two people who need help, A practices your religion but is not from your tribe, B is from your tribe but doesn't practice your religion. Who would you be inclined to help of you can only help one person.

Cc. Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by madridguy(m): 9:08am On Jul 16, 2017
As a Muslim, religion first.
Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by Nbote(m): 9:15am On Jul 16, 2017
If u really wanted to help U wouldn't care what religion or tribe d person is...

1 Like

Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by whitebeard(m): 9:21am On Jul 16, 2017
Non, they are highly different, and if u want to put one before the other it can depend on certain circumstances. So I would say we should let our sense of reasoning of good character and conduct come first.

1 Like

Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 16, 2017
None comes first, but we being humans and blacks should come first, that is what differentiates the westerners from us
Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by MrHyde: 9:28am On Jul 16, 2017
Nbote:
If u really wanted to help U wouldn't care what religion or tribe d person is...

Like I said in the illustration, you can only help one person, so what's the criteria would it be between religion and tribe.
Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by Shelloween(m): 9:30am On Jul 16, 2017
The one that came to me first, irrespective of religion or tribe.

1 Like

Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by MrHyde: 9:31am On Jul 16, 2017
whitebeard:
Non, they are highly different, and if u want to put one before the other it can depend on certain circumstances. So I would say we should let our sense of reasoning of good character and conduct come first.

True, but let's say the only factors here are religion and tribe i.e both of them are complete strangers.
Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by MrHyde: 9:32am On Jul 16, 2017
Shelloween:
The one that came to me first, irrespective of religion or tribe.
Nice one, there's no wriggling your way out of this, you met both of them at the same time? �
Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by Shelloween(m): 9:51am On Jul 16, 2017
MrHyde:

Nice one, there's no wriggling your way out of this, you met both of them at the same time? �
lol. If that be the case, you can always help the one with the bigger problem. If their problems are the same, you help the one that spoke first, and say to the other "I would've loved to help you my friend, but he told me his problems first".
Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by orunto27: 10:21am On Jul 16, 2017
Tribe.
Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by MrHyde: 10:29am On Jul 16, 2017
Shelloween:
lol. If that be the case, you can always help the one with the bigger problem. If their problems are the same, you help the one that spoke first, and say to the other "I would've loved to help you my friend, but he told me his problems first".

Hmmm, so u r saying u won't apply religious or
tribal sentiments? even though A attends a branch of your church and B is from your kindred?
Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by whitebeard(m): 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
MrHyde:

True, but let's say the only factors here are religion and tribe i.e both of them are complete strangers.
that's a tough one bro
Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by Tampinu(m): 3:46pm On Jul 16, 2017
MrHyde:
Hypothetically, if you meet two people who need help, A practices your religion but is not from your tribe, B is from your tribe but doesn't practice your religion. Who would you be inclined to help of you can only help one person.

Cc. Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Spirituality comes first! cool
Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by MrHyde: 10:11pm On Jul 17, 2017
whitebeard:
that's a tough one bro

Maybe it is, but it's worth thinking abt. What really is our priority, in this case religion or tribe?
Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by MrHyde: 10:12pm On Jul 17, 2017
Tampinu:

Spirituality comes first! cool

☺️
Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by Tampinu(m): 10:30pm On Jul 17, 2017
MrHyde:

☺️

Why do u seem surprised? If a person has the spirit of goodness and kindness in them, are they better or worse than someone who has a certain "religion" or "tribe" in them? shocked

Please answer the question's question!
Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by whitebeard(m): 11:42pm On Jul 17, 2017
MrHyde:

Maybe it is, but it's worth thinking abt. What really is our priority, in this case religion or tribe?
I would go for true religion, not the corrupt one. Tribalism on the other has done much harm than good..!!?
Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by Tampinu(m): 11:49pm On Jul 17, 2017
Tampinu:

Why do u seem surprised? If a person has the spirit of goodness and kindness in them, are they better or worse than someone who has a certain "religion" or "tribe" in them? shocked

Please answer the question's question!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAMx1t_QItw
Re: Which Comes First, Religion Or Tribe? by Tampinu(m): 11:55pm On Jul 17, 2017
MrHyde:

I will assist the one that is of good ways and if both are of good ways, then i will assist the one nearest to me first,
Under no circumstances will I select a person on the grounds of religion or tribe, it's an utterly primitive way of thinking and no better than outright racism and discrimination, if a spade is to be called what it is.

Peace

(1) (Reply)

Laodicea, Part 1 : Are You "Hot" Enough For God? ( Rev 3:15 ) - Paul Ellis / Audio: Ty First - Suddenly / Liberty In The House Of The Lord - Yanbaba Meme Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.