Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,866 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System (36186 Views)

Fabrication Satellite Dish Of Any Size For Ku Band And C Band Simply / Latest Tech Multi LNB Satellite Dish (FTA) More Than 150 Free Channels / (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by microgiant: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2012
I got the H-H motor PowerSuperJack which is a good chinco copy of the one posted by the great enigma.
Enigma: Still on the case of Diseqc/USALS motors for low latitudes, I have found one that can do as low as 0 latitude:

http://www.sg6000-motor.com/

I think this is instructive for the satellite kit sellers in particular --- that if they will be importing motors into Nigeria, they need to import those that can do low latitudes.

ETA Instead of making new posts, I will just add any more that I find to this post; so

http://www.wsidigital.com/sg9120-tube.gif

Misplaced my compass been searching for the past 4 months, so eventually had to do the installation by instinct.
first; set motor to my latitude 5 degrees
next, moved motor through sat-finder to 5 degrees for sirius 4. Searched for Sirius, then Astra2b moved to 36E got W4/7.
moved back to 7degrees for W3A, then 16degress for W3C, finally moved to 68.5E for Intel7/10.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by microgiant: 2:49pm On Sep 20, 2012
Please accept my sincere apology for not having the installation process pictures. This is due to my camera being damaged by rain water.

I purchaed this SuperPower Jack H-H Motor from the China Site that ends with express (I always get banned whenever i type the full address) and received it on 27th December 2012.

Unfortunately, installing the H-H Motor became a herculean task, because I had misplace my compass and couldn't find it. In the end, I had to use crude methods to do the installation.

I used Google Maps to get my installation site longitude and latitude.

Installation Steps:

1. The dish stand was installed and vertically plumb. The dish stand was installed facing south east instead of south, since I'm not too good in using the sun to get direction. That's not too important.

2. I moved the motor to 0 degree using my digital satellite finder.

3. Assembled the Motor and Dish

4. Installed teh motor on the already fixed dish stand and set the latitude to 5.5 degrees (there are two options to install the dish, either using latitude or elevation. Latitude is the recommended option)the latitude setting on this motor is from 0~90deg, so it is good for our low latitude. The motor also has a triangular indicator to enable you set the latitude/elevation accurately.

5. Next I installed the dish on the motor, ensuring the LNB arm and motor are in straight line.

6. Then I moved the motor to 5 degrees East using the buttons on the motor (East, West buttons), best satellite to use is Rascom QAF 1R, TP 10871 SR 16930 hosting the Libyan Mux, it is the southern most satellite. Actually I used Astra 4A (Sirius4) 12605V29950 to do the tracking.

7. I loosened the motor brackets to move the motor on the stand and dish elevation nut to enable me move the dish up and down while tracking. ( you have to move the whole setup, motor and dish together).

8. After I got Astra 4A signal, I then used the buttons on the motor to move the dish to 28.2 degrees East for Astra 2B, didn't hit green, had to adjust the elevation of dish and rotate the entire setup (motor and dish) a bit, got green then I used the satellite finder to move the motor back to Astra 4A did some adjustment to increase the signal strength and back again to Astra 2B to confirm I can still receive the signal.

9. I scanned for channels on Astra 4A and got all the channels then moved to W3A @ 7E, W3C @ 16E, Astra 2B @ 28.2E, W4/W7 @ 36E, Intel7/10 @ 68.5E, moved back to Astra 4A while moving the dish to 7W I noticed a jump in signal strength and quality, scanned the position and got Rascom QAF 1R @ 2.8E, moved to 7W got the NWA Beam, lastly to NSS7 @ 22W.

Initially I just moved and scanned satellites without saving positions. Later I saved all positions and now all I do is just change channel on the satellite finder and the motor automatically moves to the satellite position for that channel.

To search for satellite all I do is just input the parameters in the Satellite Finder and move the motor in the direction of the satellite, if the signal turns green the motor stops automatically. This position may not be where you have the highest signal quality, so you have to move the motor in steps to increase the signal.

The satellite finder is DVB-S, so it cannot decode DVB-S2 signals. All DVB-S2/MPEG-4 channels appear under radio. My HD Satellite Decoder was also damaged by the rainwater. So, for now I'm using the satellite finder until I receive my new decoder with the Avenger LNB and Bracket/Feed Horn for C-Band on a Small Dish experiment. ETA 10-October 2012.

This motor though a Chinese product, surprisingly is manufactured with good quality materials. The galvanized brackets, bolts and nuts are better than the dish material, I cant attest for the internal circuitry.

Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by microgiant: 2:50pm On Sep 20, 2012
more pictures

Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by microgiant: 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2012
and more

Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by sammu(m): 7:24pm On Sep 20, 2012
good job weldone @micro.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by Ussals(m): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2012
A job well done @micro
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by Nobody: 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2012
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 22, 2012
Microgiant you've done a great work. I hail you.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by GeorgeD1(m): 8:42am On Sep 24, 2012
microgiant,
good job there! you have really done well.

maybe i'm going to ask you to help me get my own superpower jack for 90cm.

cheers!
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by microgiant: 2:12pm On Sep 24, 2012
Ok, thanks everyone for the accolades. I just borrowed George_D's signature.
"Break the Myth, dispel the belief - you know you can!"

Phase one completed - Installing a H-H motorized dish. First Myth broken cool

Second phase materials arrived at my guy's abode. I will received the items around 10-October for testing.

C-Band on H-H motorized 1mtr dish

Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by GeorgeD1(m): 8:10am On Sep 26, 2012
microgiant,
yes, break the myth! you really are doing it here.

kudos to you once again.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by jezsie: 6:49pm On Nov 28, 2012
kudo 2u@microgiant 4d great discovery n work.am interested in it pls hw do i get d motor n where do u stay.tank waitin 4 ur reply
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by microgiant: 12:46pm On Dec 12, 2012
jezsie: kudo 2u@microgiant 4d great discovery n work.am interested in it pls hw do i get d motor n where do u stay.tank waitin 4 ur reply

U can get the motor from http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-Diseqc-H-H-Satellite-Dish-Motor-ROTOR-Support-USALS-DiSEqC-H-H-Motor/514539613.html

I stay in Warri, Delta State Nigeria
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by olenyi: 8:34am On Dec 17, 2012
jezsie: kudo 2u@microgiant 4d great discovery n work.am interested in it pls hw do i get d motor n where do u stay.tank waitin 4 ur reply

@Jezsie.
Let me post this as a help to u and all other's in need of buying something abroad.
(i'll also like to crave the indulgence of the house to also post in the main thread.)

ifyclose2: [b]Hello guys. As you may all know, the importation business is big business, especially in countries like Nigeria if you play your cards right. For the past few months, I have been studying the importation biz, and i have gained a lot of knowledge. My laptop recently arrived from China, and i am going to reveal to you EXACTLY how i went about it.

This info is what some people are selling for cash...but i am going to reveal it to you FREE OF CHARGE!!!...So here we go:

I simply went to www.aliexpress.com to look for a product. There are numerous products there...all you have to do is take your time and select. I eventually settled for this one:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-Mini-10-inch-laptop-Notebook-Computer-Netbook-cost-effective/514147603.html

So i just clicked on the BUY NOW button and kept following the instructions. As you go further, you'll get to a page where they'll display to you the costs of shipping an item to Nigeria or whichever country you reside, depending on the shipment method. DHL is usually more expensive than china air mail, but i chose DHL all the same, because it's faster.
Then comes the time to make payment. This is where many Nigerians have problems. But it's very simple...all you need is a naira mastercard from a reputable bank like GTB or First bank.....or if you need things done faster, i would suggest you go to Zenith bank and apply for one of these 2

-Zenith bank Websurfer card
-Zenith bank naira mastercard

These 2 will be ready for use within 24 hours of application, and they have a huge advantage over the ordinary naira debit cards, as the probability of getting rejected is almost ZERO....and the MOST BEAUTIFUL part is: you DO NOT need to have an account with zenith bank before you can apply for these 2 cards smiley. Aliexpress and most online websites accept these 2 cards willingly.
So i went ahead and made payment using my zenith naira mastercard. Within a few days, i got this email

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/ifyclose/ship_zps9546c07f.png

(just click on the picture again after it comes up to magnify it and make it bigger)

So after receiving the mail, i just patiently waited for my laptop to arrive.

About 2 weeks later, i returned from work one evening to meet a DHL package resting on my bed. I instinctively knew it was my laptop and tore it open. Here are some pics which i uploaded to my account at www.photobucket.com

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/ifyclose/ifypics273.jpg
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/ifyclose/ifypics272.jpg
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/ifyclose/ifypics270.jpg
http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/ifyclose/ifypics276.jpg

Then after a few days, i received this email asking me to confirm the order which i did

http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii557/ifyclose/ship2_zps22795d27.png

Now, the beauty of ALIEXPRESS is that they offer an ESCROW SERVICE...this is a service which protects the buyer from getting scammed and losing his money, and here's how it works:

Once a buyer pays for an item, the money is NOT given to the seller immediately....ALIEXPRESS holds on to the money until the buyer confirms that he/she has successfully received the product which he/she paid for. It is at this point the money will be released to the seller. Simple.

But to be extra safe, whenever you want to buy a product, just look for a seller that has a lot of POSITIVE REVIEWS AND SALES. These are usually genuine.

So that's it folks...simple as that. It's a pity some people are demanding money to release such simple, basic info...but i have given it to you on a platter of gold...just ACT...that's the only thing left...goodluck.

I am thinking of expanding this very soon, and working hand in hand with honest Nigerians.

If you need any assistance or questions, reach me on 08131002053 or ifyclose2@gmail.com
Thanks

[/b]

https://www.nairaland.com/1134379/laptop-recently-arrived-china....this-how
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by GeorgeD1(m): 1:15pm On Dec 18, 2012
olenyi,
does this aliexpress thing really work?
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by olenyi: 5:04pm On Dec 18, 2012
George_D: olenyi,

Yes @ Oga George. I've had many testimonies about them. Even @Microgaint said he got his H-H motor from them.
Regards.

microgiant:

U can get the motor from http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-Diseqc-H-H-Satellite-Dish-Motor-ROTOR-Support-USALS-DiSEqC-H-H-Motor/514539613.html

I stay in Warri, Delta State Nigeria
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by microgiant: 8:56am On Dec 19, 2012
George_D: olenyi,

Yes, it works. I have bought decoders, Lnb brackets, 3g wireless routers, etc from the site. The post by Olenyi just detailed how it works.

you can view my orders

Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by GeorgeD1(m): 3:10pm On Dec 19, 2012
ok, looks like i'm going to give it a try sometime soon.
thanks!
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by obnelly: 12:49am On Dec 22, 2012
That is lovely.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by samojie(m): 8:20am On Dec 31, 2012
I am very happy to read about how to get products from Aliexpress. My need is to motorize a 2.4m dish and the superjack from that site says the maximum dish size is 1.2m Where can I get a super jack hh motor for a 2.4m dish.
I will be grateful for the information.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by olenyi: 10:18am On Dec 31, 2012
samojie: I am very happy to read about how to get products from Aliexpress. My need is to motorize a 2.4m dish and the superjack from that site says the maximum dish size is 1.2m Where can I get a super jack hh motor for a 2.4m dish.
I will be grateful for the information.

Jack's for a 2.4m dish abound in all satellite dealer/retailer shops all over nigeria.

U dont go abroad to get one.

An H H motor is for motorising small dishes of like 30cm to 120cm.

Foreign big dishes sometimes come with dia own usuals motor.
A conventional linear jack (superjack, eurostar) should do u.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by GeorgeD1(m): 11:49am On Jan 01, 2013
olenyi, microgiant,
happy new year to you. i have visited the aliexpress site and even went ahead to register.

however, i was disappointed when i realized that all their inventories are from china.

i had thought i could order a few items from the usa and canada through them but i could
find none. all my searches came back dud. sad
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by samojie(m): 10:09pm On Jan 01, 2013
Compliments of the season ro everyone. Thanks for the information on the availability of large motors in Nigeria. From the old posrings I eread, rhe price of a 2.4m dish is about 24,000 naira. Can you please help me with the current price of a motor for a 2.4m dish and where I can get one. I live in Benin City and all we have here is 90cm dish.
Thanks for the good job.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by olenyi: 7:08am On Jan 02, 2013
George_D: olenyi, microgiant,
happy new year to you. i have visited the aliexpress site and even went ahead to register.

however, i was disappointed when i realized that all their inventories are from china.

i had thought i could order a few items from the usa and canada through them but i could
find none. all my searches came back dud. sad

Guess you're right. I wasn't aware of that until you brought it up. It's a chinese thing. Kind of the chinese version of ebay. But some of the products there are not that bad. Which is why it's filling in as an alternative for guys now until an easier alternative is found for ordering things from Europe and America.
My warm Regards.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by olenyi: 7:14am On Jan 02, 2013
samojie: From the old posrings I eread, rhe price of a 2.4m dish is about 24,000 naira.

I believe this price is for a mesh dish.
Why are u giving urself H.B.P. I believe u'll get the jack from whichever dealer u intend to get the dish from. They stock these things.

But the linear jack u will be needing also come with a positioner. The two of them is between #2500 and #3500 each depending on ur location. Regards.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by jezsie: 9:12am On Jan 03, 2013
olenyi:

Guess you're right. I wasn't aware of that until you brought it up. It's a chinese thing. Kind of the chinese version of ebay. But some of the products there are not that bad. Which is why it's filling in as an alternative for guys now until an easier alternative is found for ordering things from Europe and America.
My warm Regards.
@al hny thou i lost my grandma on d 1st n bury 2nd.but dats lyf,so dos who v made dir oda online n v receive d package wat is d total cost of getin it dw n hw much is 4930 in alaba pls.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by life707: 9:53am On Jan 03, 2013
4930L (inclusive of HDMI Cable) in jos is 20,000.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by samojie(m): 3:01pm On Jan 12, 2013
Greetings to all in the house.
To transport a 2.4m solid metal dish from Lagos to Edo State seems not an easy task and an expensive one. I saw a 1.8m petal metal dish at the Deeper Life church in my village and was thinking it will solve transportation problem. Do they sell petal metal dish in Lagos or anywhere in Nigeria. Can anyone say how good they are. I am thinking of a motorized 2.4m petal dish for the reception of nilesat. Please bear with me.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by GeorgeD1(m): 1:59pm On Jan 14, 2013
samojie,
transporting petal metal dishes (pan) is not really much of a problem.

peeps have been doing that for ages. the strong 2.4m pan dish is meant to be transported
easily from place to place. it usually comes in cartons when new. same goes for mesh.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by Lunsat(m): 4:23pm On Jan 23, 2013
People, I have been toying with the idea of having separate KU and C band dishes controlled by one reciever. See attached diagram. Has anyone tried this? Any possible reasons why it might not work? Uups, I forgot to label the disecq switch.

Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by GeorgeD1(m): 5:27pm On Jan 23, 2013
lunsat,
you want to move both dishes at the same time?
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by Marc33: 7:57pm On Jan 23, 2013
Lunsat, your proposed setup could work but with the following modification: the H-H motor should be connected to one of the diseq LNB ports as the KU dish position is normally controlled by the receiver itself without the need of a separate positioner. Some years ago I have had a comparable setup when using both a big dish for C band and a small one for KU band.
Cheers

Lunsat: People, I have been toying with the idea of having separate KU and C band dishes controlled by one reciever. See attached diagram. Has anyone tried this? Any possible reasons why it might not work? Uups, I forgot to label the disecq switch.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All About C-band Lnb Installation / Ctl Rocks For Now / Redline Satellite Receivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.