Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,617 members, 7,809,265 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System - Satellite TV Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System (36135 Views)

Fabrication Satellite Dish Of Any Size For Ku Band And C Band Simply / Latest Tech Multi LNB Satellite Dish (FTA) More Than 150 Free Channels / (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by Lunsat(m): 8:15am On Jan 24, 2013
@GeorgeD, Yes I want both dishes to move at the same time (pointing at the same sat)with one dish dedicated to c band and the other dedicated to KU band. I want to avoid cluttering several lnbs on one dish. I thought dishes moving at the same time can not be avoided as both the HH motor and the positioner are controlled by the same disecq commands from the reciever.

@ Mark33, I thought the HH motor should come before the disecq precisely because it uses power from the decoder. I thought this way I would prevent too much current passing through the disecq as these get burnt easily.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by GeorgeD1(m): 10:07am On Jan 24, 2013
lunsat,
ok, its worth a try. but really the multi-lnb set up on one dish would have been more
convenient for you, i think.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by Marc33: 10:09am On Jan 24, 2013
Lunsat, I see your point but do not forget that the disecq switch role is precisely to route only the specific commands geared to a particular port. It means that if you connect the H-H motor to for instance port 1 and configure the receiver/decoder accordingly, only port one will channel the instructions to drive the H-H motor. Please note that on the contrary the motor for the C dish should not repeat should not be connected to the disecq switch since it is independently or separately powered through the positioner.
I hope my above explanation is clear enough.
Cheers

Lunsat: @GeorgeD, Yes I want both dishes to move at the same time (pointing at the same sat)with one dish dedicated to c band and the other dedicated to KU band. I want to avoid cluttering several lnbs on one dish. I thought dishes moving at the same time can not be avoided as both the HH motor and the positioner are controlled by the same disecq commands from the reciever.

@ Mark33, I thought the HH motor should come before the disecq precisely because it uses power from the decoder. I thought this way I would prevent too much current passing through the disecq as these get burnt easily.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by OKOROJAKE: 6:42pm On Dec 13, 2013
Gud day Microgiant.
I want to install Nilesat.
kindly send me ur phone no & address.
I'm in Warri. my no is 07084777450 & email is okorojake@yahoo.co.uk.
Thx, Okorojake
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by demusking: 10:02am On Dec 30, 2016
in my situation as in Ghana can you guide me through. Am at Kumasi.. The type I will be using is attached

Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by microgiant: 12:18am On Jan 02, 2017
demusking, hope the latitude is between 0 - 90° because Kumasi latitude is 6.6666° N, if the latitude begins from 10° and above, it is difficult to install.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by ztob(m): 9:53pm On Jun 12, 2017
Please, is there anyone here that is into Dish installation in lagos. I want to buy the Diseqc H-H motor with the dish and set it up.
Kindly reach me on 08060698833 if you can buy them for me and set up.
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by Wolexjoh(m): 8:01am On May 27, 2020
Please house... can a 90cm motorized dish be used to or can it rotate from 70east 252west...or 65 to 25... thanks
Re: Installing A Motorised Satellite Dish System by dmote(m): 6:35pm On May 30, 2020
Wolexjoh:
Please house... can a 90cm motorized dish be used to or can it rotate from 70east 252west...or 65 to 25... thanks
are you saying 90cm motorized dish if yes, it won't work and on which location?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

All About C-band Lnb Installation / Redline Satellite Receivers / Ctl Rocks For Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.