Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,677 members, 7,813,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (389725 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by ak22(m): 12:44am On Dec 20, 2017
MackyNaija:
As was said by the 'onye ochas'...

Monday, 18th December 2017 all results would be available online,

...so was it done.

All results were posted to my account around noon, Fall 2017 is done and dusted.

I won the battle, got a perfect GPA.
All the Thanks be to God, I put in my best and he confirmed everything. smiley

Wow, excellent result. This guy deserve many like let us give him 100 likes here.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Infamous(m): 12:52am On Dec 20, 2017
MackyNaija:

I think they look at your raw grades to see how well you did in your undergraduate courses that relate to your current program of interest.

I also feel much emphasis is placed on your final 4 semesters, the graduate school collects your documents, creates a file and forwards to your department where they review it and recommend you for admission to the grad school.

If graduate school accepts, they then admit you into the graduate school/your program and possibly give you a tuition waiver.
A friend works in the graduate school, na CIA things - top secret - he isn't allowed to discuss much.
Chai. It just dawned on me how badly i have messed myself up.

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:21am On Dec 20, 2017
tosinooo:
Congrats on your new feat bro. Still waiting for you to reply your pm.

Tosin, you sabi jonse o. cheesy

I am already waiting for you in school.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 2:23am On Dec 20, 2017
Infamous:

Chai. It just dawned on me how badly i have messed myself up.
Warris wrong?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by orbis(m): 2:42am On Dec 20, 2017
Good grades baba...how we go take wash am na
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:22am On Dec 20, 2017
tosinooo:
Congrats on your new feat bro.

Vicktor18:
Nice result man!!

ak22:
Wow, excellent result. This guy deserve many like let us give him 100 likes here.
Thank you all. smiley

orbis:
Good grades baba...how we go take wash am na
You came late, I offered biscuit and bottled water in the morning. cheesy
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Infamous(m): 5:52am On Dec 20, 2017
MackyNaija:

Warris wrong?
Messed up my last 4 semesters resulting in a 2.2 mcb. It will never happen again.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 20, 2017
Infamous:

Messed up my last 4 semesters resulting in a 2.2 mcb. It will never happen again.

Bro, nothing is impossible.

If you have lots of data and a working PC, search the web for US scholarships/waivers, you'll surely find one. Don't limit urself to america alone.

You can search Sweden, lativia and other schegen/EU countries....

NB: Canada and Germany is highly competitive cool

My friend's life is a testimony...he's in Idaho now embarassed was chasing chicks when he was applying

Still blaming myself, tho

5 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Infamous(m): 8:55am On Dec 20, 2017
comradespade:

If you have lots of data and a working PC, search the web for US scholarships/waivers, you'll surely find one. Don't limit urself to america alone.

My friend's life is a testimony...he's in Idaho now embarassed was chasing chicks when he was applying

Thing is I want to switch to medicine/surgery and at every turn, I feel the pangs.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 20, 2017
Infamous:

Thing is I want to switch to medicine/surgery and at every turn, I feel the pangs.

Med? That's a different story, bro
You want to go and be chopping the hot cakes in Yankee?

It won't be easy with that grade, bro...you can apply for a scholarship and also back it with a good application letter stating why you deserve the scholarship.

Nothing is impossible, bro...I'm also applying for a scholarship and a school in Sweden is already at the verge of accepting me

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Infamous(m): 10:29am On Dec 20, 2017
comradespade:

Med? That's a different story, bro
You want to go and be chopping the hot cakes in Yankee?

It won't be easy with that grade, bro...you can apply for a scholarship and also back it with a good application letter stating why you deserve the scholarship.

Nothing is impossible, bro...I'm also applying for a scholarship and a school in Sweden is already at the verge of accepting me

does Sweden speak english?
Scholarships for international students appear like the blue moon based on what i have been hearing.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 20, 2017
Infamous:
does Sweden speak english?
Scholarships for international students appear like the blue moon based on what i have been hearing.

I guess.

But the issue there is that, you'll apply to a school first and pay an application fee which is not refundable...

I payed 900 kronas (40 thousand naira)

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 21, 2017
Anahi:
It's actually for fall 2018. I'm even shocked they sent the admission letter this early. I just completed my application some days back

Good day Ma'am

I have completed my application to TAMUK on the applyweb but I can't seem to find a column where I can upload my SOP, LOR, GRE Score and transcripts.

I checked the graduate catalog for Electrical Engineering department I can't find anything like that too.

Are these documents not required?

And moreover if I'm to mail my transcripts and GRE scores can I mail the unofficial copies pending admission decision or it has to be the official copies all the way?

Many Thanks.

CC: MackyNaija
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2017
Belragazzo,
There's no provision for that on applyweb, you have to mail it to the graduate school.

I think you need to self report your scores but send all the unofficial documents to grad school.

They will received the test scores from ETS.

After admission and you wish to attend here, you will send an official transcript direct from your school to them or you bring by hand properly sealed.

You will also show them your original proof of degree certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 12:29am On Dec 22, 2017
MackyNaija:
Belragazzo,
There's no provision for that on applyweb, you have to mail it to the graduate school.

I think you need to self report your scores but send all the unofficial documents to grad school.

They will received the test scores from ETS.

After admission and you wish to attend here, you will send an official transcript direct from your school to them or you bring by hand properly sealed.

You will also show them your original proof of degree certificate.
Many thanks Sir.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by seuncyrus(m): 12:53am On Dec 22, 2017
Satansadvocate:

my guy na so. I saw something like that on cracked.com. I swear i for no believe am if you no talk am now,you know say cracked na comedy and satire website so dey fit blow small lie but you just proved it above..

U sef sabi. I love reading cracked too, especially the photoplasty contests
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Anahi(f): 7:17am On Dec 22, 2017
Sorry I'm just seeing this. You have to send your documents as an attachment to the graduate admissions email.

For the transcripts you can mail the unofficial one.

belragazzo:

Good day Ma'am

I have completed my application to TAMUK on the applyweb but I can't seem to find a column where I can upload my SOP, LOR, GRE Score and transcripts.

I checked the graduate catalog for Electrical Engineering department I can't find anything like that too.

Are these documents not required?

And moreover if I'm to mail my transcripts and GRE scores can I mail the unofficial copies pending admission decision or it has to be the official copies all the way?

Many Thanks.

CC: MackyNaija

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by KELVIN086: 5:22am On Dec 29, 2017
MackyNaija:

Thank you all. smiley

You came late, I offered biscuit and bottled water in the morning. cheesy
How far guy, this is kelvin, Please if you know any new nigerian students coming to TAMUK this spring and looking for accommodation you can direct them to me, we have some space available, my roommates just graduated this fall.

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:09am On Dec 29, 2017
KELVIN086:

How far guy, this is kelvin, Please if you know any new nigerian students coming to TAMUK this spring and looking for accommodation you can direct them to me, we have some space available, my roommates just graduated this fall.

No problem sir, will inform you if I find any.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Eleniyan15: 1:06pm On Dec 29, 2017
MackyNaija:

No problem sir, will inform you if I find any.

Bro nawa oo no update ni!!! Shey the snow no too affect!;
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Vicktor18: 2:14pm On Dec 29, 2017
Hello. please I'm looking for a co-signer. if you know any pm. thanks
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Dremca(m): 2:50pm On Dec 29, 2017
Vicktor18:
Don't you have relatives in yankee, no one wil co-sign for you if they don't know you.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 6:25pm On Dec 29, 2017
Eleniyan15:
Bro nawa oo no update ni!!! Shey the snow no too affect!;
Snow no deh where I deh but the cold na die! Fluctuates between -1*C and -8*C.

No school related stuffs but I can go outside and send a few pictures. smiley

Vicktor18:
Co-signer for accomodation?
Ask people on-ground in your location how they manage that.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Alphaman007: 7:37am On Dec 30, 2017
With what I've been reading here Congrats bro on your results, I have a question and I'm throwing it to everyone... I currently finished with a bsc in psychology and I'm hoping to switch to a health related discipline... Med and surgery etc.. But the issue is my o'level is not science based as i did not possess chemistry and physics. And i heard someone can do the prerequisites in form of pre med and the likes.. Pls i need someone to explain further

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 3:55pm On Jan 01, 2018
Alphaman007:
With what I've been reading here, e dey do me to escape this country... Congrats bro on your results, I have a question and I'm throwing it to everyone... I currently finished with a bsc in psychology and I'm hoping to switch to a health related discipline... Med and surgery etc.. But the issue is my o'level is not science based as i did not possess chemistry and physics. And i heard someone can do the prerequisites in form of pre med and the likes.. Pls i need someone to explain further
This i not my area of specialty but some people have discussed something similar to this a few pages back.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Unlimited22: 4:01pm On Jan 01, 2018
MackyNaija:

This i not my area of specialty but some people have discussed something similar to this a few pages back.
Happy new year bro
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:05pm On Jan 01, 2018
Unlimited22:

Happy new year bro
Happy New Year my people all over the world. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:10pm On Jan 01, 2018
Wetin my eyes deh find, it finally saw it... grin

I like road trip, I like road trip - yankee road trips are on a different level. shocked

Lagos to Abuja - 484 miles.
Lagos to Kaduna - 573 miles.
Oklahoma City to Kingsville - 622 miles.

I did the last distance the whole of yesterday.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:24pm On Jan 01, 2018
The initial plan was to spend the entire holiday in school...

Lemme take a short trip to Houston, arrive on Saturday the 16th and leave on Monday the 18th.
I ended up staying till Friday the 22nd.

Previous night (21st) while talking to a friend, he said 'Macky, show Oklahoma na', send me your address I said..
I received his text and keyed it into Google maps - 7hours 30minutes!!! shocked shocked shocked What ya say!

I almost chickened out cheesy Do I look like a Young Shall Grow Driver? but... the car is reliable and I am more reliable as a driver.
Na so I enter road. cool

Everything was smooth until I got close to Dallas/Fort Worth - the rains increased in intensity, visibility was zero, road safety deteriorated but the speed of most people driving didn't reduce.
I turned to a fowl, went to the extreme right lane and started to manage my 50-60mph (around 90kmh) lipsrsealed
The speed limit in Texas highways is officially 75mph (120kmh), unofficially na 90mph (145kmh) grin

Finally left Texas and got into Oklahoma, na so I realise say temperature of Texas 45*F don drop to 30*F (around -1*C), mennn the cold was real, na freezer I don enter.

I finally got to Oklahoma City in one piece, 120 seconds to the apartment and it began to rain either ice block or light hail but it surely wasn't just snow.

16 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 4:39pm On Jan 01, 2018
I had a nice time through out my stay in Oklahoma, two of my friends live very close to each other with plenty money - welcome to the real oil and gas work smiley, not the nAnsense they pay in port harcourt. angry

Omo, I jam one food like that - they call it Ayamase or Designer stew - I can sell my birthright for it! cry
How come I had never encountered it? The thing sweet, there are tutorials on YouTube on how to prepare it.

The temperature was unkind - hovered between 17*F to 25*F - going outside was a torture and these guys have to work outside for extended hours...
If you like money, go to Oklahoma to search for oil and gas work they are still recruiting - have a work permit is basically the requirement, limited or no work experience is okay, entry level positions are available. Make cold no kee you before the first pay check arrives.

The weather wasnt improving so I had to leave before I get stuck there, if the roads become filled with snow and slippery, bye bye to my education be that.

So I packed up, said my good byes and left on Sunday the 31st.
Oklahoma City to Kingsville - about 625 miles of road and 9 hours of driving.

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Emmyirab(m): 4:51pm On Jan 01, 2018
comradespade:

Hello
Do you happen to know which school he is, in Idaho?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by orbis(m): 7:46pm On Jan 01, 2018
Hey Macky, did your guys do any US based courses before they got the oil and gas jobs in Oklahoma

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (109) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.