Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (390186 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Toppytek(m): 10:18pm On Oct 24, 2019
nelem:

Lol. Person wey ask question no dey miss road na
boss sky na sky na. the same GOD contributed them all.
But on the flip side, there's some sort of difference in the environment which i can't comprehend grin grin

Lol, TBH I don’t just understand, even South Africa that’s closer to us looks different in pictures... well maybe it’s because am too used to the naija atmosphere.

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Futuragetty: 10:28pm On Oct 24, 2019
Toppytek:

Lol, TBH I don’t just understand, even South Africa that’s closer to us looks different in pictures... well maybe it’s because am too used to the naija atmosphere.
Truth be told, America sky too fine jare and is in no way similar to ours. Naija own just fine in real life but never in photos. Just negodu! Sky ndi South Carolina.

5 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by clapper04: 10:45pm On Oct 24, 2019
Futuragetty:

Truth be told, America sky too fine jare and is in no way similar to ours. Naija own just fine in real life but never in photos. Just negodu! Sky ndi South Carolina.

Bro, did you take this picture or got it online? looks like the sky has been edited.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by TWoods(m): 11:00pm On Oct 24, 2019
Toppytek:
Please I want to ask a very dumb question, I can easily tell if a picture is taken abroad even if it’s taken in a place considered as a village or Ghetto, especially if it’s a selfie and I notice the sky is always clearer and blue-like, for God’s sake aside from the different atmospheric conditions, is there any difference in African, European and American sky? Like I said, it’s a dumb question.

Bossman Egunmogaji Blowjobs Twoods Mackynaija

Yes it is different. There are laws that restrict air emissions from factories and cars. These don’t exist in Nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Toppytek(m): 11:10pm On Oct 24, 2019
TWoods:

Yes it is different. There are laws that restrict air emissions from factories and cars. These don’t exist in Nigeria.

Wow thanks so much, now am a bit convinced cos I’ve read something about emissions control before which doesn’t really exist in Africa.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by olamilarks(m): 8:47am On Oct 25, 2019
TWoods:

Hello Twoods, thanks for your contribution, I always look forward to your inputs on threads pertaining to the west.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Vincad: 9:38am On Oct 25, 2019
Toppytek:
Please I want to ask a very dumb question, I can easily tell if a picture is taken abroad even if it’s taken in a place considered as a village or Ghetto, especially if it’s a selfie and I notice the sky is always clearer and blue-like, for God’s sake aside from the different atmospheric conditions, is there any difference in African, European and American sky? Like I said, it’s a dumb question.

I was just thinking about this two days ago. I went outside and the sky looked so different. I was like, wow this one be like abroad sky and it immediately occurred to me that the picture of the skies in western countries always looked different, finer somehow.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2019
TWoods:

The one and only Chairman!
Tuale! Your boy is loyal! smiley

I remember when I landed at Houston, the air was different. I had just left P/H at the height of the soot problem - shortness of breathe was something I had always had and was well pronounced in port Harcourt - the air I breathe no deh cross my chest.

A few weeks in the US and it started getting deep down the way it is supposed to. I didn't need to run periodically like I did in naija to loosen my chest.

My previous phone still has pictures from the soot days, screen is broken and looking for time to fix it to salvage my only surviving bank of my Nigerian pictures.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2019
Futuragetty:
Nnukwu Oga Macky..
Me your boy is forever loyal to your government. wink
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by rinzaugustine: 3:51am On Oct 26, 2019
Futuragetty:

Myrtle beach

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Setnigeria: 9:00am On Oct 26, 2019
Learn solidworks and pro e

https://www.funnyanimatedskits.com/2019/10/3d-cad-works.html

deuzgreat:

I know people that did nursing just to migrate. when they got there, they saved and switched back to their 1st love.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by TWoods(m): 9:01am On Oct 26, 2019
olamilarks:
Hello Twoods, thanks for your contribution, I always look forward to your inputs on threads pertaining to the west.

Thank you. You’re very welcome!
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nickshrapnel: 10:31am On Oct 26, 2019
TWoods:

Thank you. You’re very welcome!
And please dear sir, make sure you go on vacation this year so that you can update your thread grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by ashatoda: 2:21pm On Oct 28, 2019
this thread is really exceptional i am really interested in traveling but it's a pity cos I'm a trades man i.e. a printer or job printer as the USA will call it and moreso age no dey my side I would have explored the education side. na was o but I rarely see someone who sincerely believe in naija that do not regret the belief today at least in my own circle except those who believe in church system. Macky thanks for I have learnt so much from you and will still be exploring ways to go legally

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 30, 2019
ashatoda:
this thread is really exceptional i am really interested in traveling but it's a pity cos I'm a trades man i.e. a printer or job printer as the USA will call it and moreso age no dey my side I would have explored the education side. na was o but I rarely see someone who sincerely believe in naija that do not regret the belief today at least in my own circle except those who believe in church system. Macky thanks for I have learnt so much from you and will still be exploring ways to go legally
Church system? I no get. cheesy
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by nervorum: 9:17pm On Oct 30, 2019
What is one supposed to know/be aware of as you enter the US as an LPR?

Anyone?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by ashatoda: 7:21am On Oct 31, 2019
eesy:
Church system? I no get. cheesy
those who believe that God will do change Naija through prayers
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by bjjobs: 1:58pm On Oct 31, 2019
I quit my job as a correction officer yesterday after I witnessed how my colleague was almost beating to death by an inmate,i used to work for state of texas as correctional officer until yesterday,i am looking into IT,just looking for someone to put me through,i know you can make 4 figures in IT with with few weeks training but idont know which one to do or where to seek help,i live in dallas texas now but can move anywhere.thank you

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by olamilarks(m): 3:15pm On Oct 31, 2019
bjjobs:
I quit my job as a correction officer yesterday after I witnessed how my colleague was almost beating to death by an inmate,i used to work for state of texas as correctional officer until yesterday,i am looking into IT,just looking for someone to put me through,i know you can make 4 figures in IT with with few weeks training but idont know which one to do or where to seek help,i live in dallas texas now but can move anywhere.thank you
sorry about that experience, must have been a traumatic one. Bossman will be able to help you with info in the IT industry in the U.S he has loads of experience in that field and Mackynaija also! Good luck with your planned career switch. Stay safe out there.

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 9:30pm On Nov 04, 2019
It is roughly 60days to the end of the year...

The main purpose of this thread which was/is to talk about my experiences during my educational journey has for me been achieved.

I'll start a slow wind down and celebrate the successes I have achieved and will achieve as 2019 draws to a close.

27 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
There is a saying in the Nigerian oil fields...
"The closer you are to the wellhead, the poorer you are".

Meaning - the closer you are to where the action (manual labor grin) is, na low level recruit for army you still be. cheesy

Manufacturing, Mechanical and Process engineers take note. grin

I have in the past 4 weeks been re-evaluating my previous stand...
Some people forbid some roles as a career path, I at one point had strong preferences but now my eyes don open.

Manufacturing, Process, Health n Safety engineers etc etc... Try to subtract yourself from where the manual labor action is and put your head where the Real action is - the decision-making side. The 'Why side', not the 'How side'.

CEOs make approximately 300x the salary of an average employee when compared annually. Some CEOs make 1000x.

Remain thirsty, don't get comfortable in your current position. smiley

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Datguybilly97(m): 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2019
I deh go Virginia 2020 grin

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Drenimarcus(m): 12:53am On Nov 07, 2019
MN this morning angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 7:20am On Nov 07, 2019
Drenimarcus:
MN this morning
Boss this one plenty ooo. Una wehdone

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by clapper04: 11:28am On Nov 07, 2019
Drenimarcus:
How January wan be for here
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by EgunMogaji2: 11:50am On Nov 07, 2019
Toppytek:

It's due to automotive and vehicle emission standards.

In Ibadan I would guess that 75% of the vehicles I see on the road will be stopped by US police and towed, not driven to an impound lot.

When I drive through Oluyole I always see factories exhausting fumes to the atmosphere. A good 50% of the one Is see will be shut down immediately in the USA.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by EgunMogaji2: 11:51am On Nov 07, 2019
Drenimarcus:

May I never experience this BS ever again.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Drenimarcus(m): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Lol uncle egun, custard and akara deh o grin wink cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Drenimarcus(m): 4:48pm On Nov 07, 2019
nelem:

Boss this one plenty ooo. Una wehdone
Our own is just low temperatures no snows yet.

Na still flashing be this o, winter never start
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Drenimarcus(m): 4:49pm On Nov 07, 2019
clapper04:

How January wan be for here

Colder than subzero cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Drenimarcus(m): 4:51pm On Nov 07, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

It's due to automotive and vehicle emission standards.

In Ibadan I would guess that 75% of the vehicles I see on the road will be stopped by US police and towed, not driven to an impound lot.

When I drive through Oluyole I always see factories exhausting fumes to the atmosphere. A good 50% of the one Is see will be shut down immediately in the USA.

Lol, don’t get me started on Ibadan taxis and micras with those apata buses. 80% will be impounded and those factories including Yale will be down as well.

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by MackyNaija(m): 8:01pm On Nov 07, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

Hahahahaha! grin grin grin

Then imagine me wey just come Yankee? I will forever dodge the snowy regions. Texas 105*F, we die there! cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (109) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.