Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,136 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (390296 Views)

Yankee To Naija: Thoughts And Experiences / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by kroger: 3:20am On Nov 16, 2019
nelem:

Hi bro, is this still available/obtainable. I wouldn't mind sending you a PM if need be to learn about it.

Thanks.

Hello sir it is very much available.. .. you can send me a PM...
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 3:24am On Nov 16, 2019
kroger:
you can send me a PM...

sent
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Nobody: 3:39am On Nov 16, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Honestly I thought about this last night before bed. What’s wrong with blacks? Are we cursed or something? Why this selfishness, backbiting or not allowing a fellow brother to grow up the ladder? I read a story about a Zambian guy deported yesterday and I almost shed tears. It sucks.
I think the issue with African countries is language variation. Take for example Nigeria. How many languages do we have?

If you observe Nigerians tend to favor who they share language with them. If only there isn't so much language variations Africans would have been so willing to help each other instead of back-biting and pulling each other down.

3 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by clapper04: 6:51am On Nov 16, 2019
kroger:

Hey bro that was my quote a while back.. I work very closely with Indians and I have learnt so much from them. Honesty, information, learning/education and unity within themselves. All these are Alien to the black race. It is very hard to beat unity that is why they have taken over the IT sector in america. On the other hand we Nigerians are something else.. Nobody is willing to show you the way cos they want you to suffer and be beneath them.

The way they take the america thing so serious sometimes I ask myself, no be the same America all of us dey, america no pass like this na. Helping your fellow Nigerian is a problem, show them the small way you took is a problem.. it's so sad how we Nigerians treat each other in America.

I once talked about training people on my field to copy how the Indians operate they labeled me a liar, that the money I claim to be making is false. I kukuma keep quiet to allow them keep hustling day and night while I follow my Indians make 6 figures with ease.

Baba pls can I send a DM?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by vichaz10(m): 5:54pm On Nov 16, 2019
lordally:

I can vividly remember the day they were saying it's a lie that you can't e making such you even mentioned a friend of yours who earn way more than you self!!! Na in dey shout say you be bloody Liar there's one woman I think she's a Nurse or so...na her own even come worst pass self she just carry the whole matter for head!!! Bro just keep doing your thing!!! I still have your number when I come to the US I'll get in touch with you SIR!!! for more and more MENTORSHIP

Lemme find trouble small grin .... Babyvet
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lordally(m): 8:16pm On Nov 16, 2019
kroger:

Boss it's been a while, I heard canada is a bit easy to travel to with the right connect. Chat me up let me give u one control.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lordally(m): 8:22pm On Nov 16, 2019
vichaz10:

Lemme find trouble small grin .... Babyvet

Hahahahahaha na my mouth you won hear say Yansh dey back

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by smartkester(m): 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2019
MackyNaija:
As I said before, my resume was patterned to fit into roles as a manufacturing, process and industrial engineer... No love for Quality.

I still applied for roles in all.
At the interview, I was discharging answers in the line of control plan, Guage RnR, Cpk, Ppk, SQL etc etc..
The manager just deh look me.. cheesy See this one...

That's not what you'll be doing here - he said.
I was confused then but now I understand.

Tuck in every morning, go to the office, press my keyboard, caress n romance the customers, ensure compliance documentation are in order and processes are compliant, do customer facility walk-through, do supplier facility audits etc etc..

After all this, my shirt remains tucked in... No Sweat.. grin

For the same salary as our process n manufacturing engineers? I cannot cough...

Make Una follow me thank Oluwa for delivering me from manual labor engineer and turning me to a keyboard pressing engineer. cheesy

My plans have changed - I Aspire to remain part of the decision making team. You should too.

All my former managers, forgive me for the hate, sorry dislike I had for you all. cheesy
bro please what is/are the best certification courses someone that has masters in engineering in Nigeria can run when he gets to US that can boost his chances of landing a good job?, a chemical engineering graduate to be more specific.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by mjbaba99: 6:12am On Nov 19, 2019
Hi guys, an anonymous friend got his passport seized for overstaying and was giving a court date next year. he's now thinking of going to Canada but wants to know if this is a good idea.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lastmessenger: 8:41am On Nov 19, 2019
MackyNaija:
My Nigerian understanding of work was warped...

Work long hours, highly manual sorry technical tasks, weekends and holidays, mornings and nights... I once did over 30 hours straight work, on another project - 77 days straight on the field.

Part of the reasons why I dislikED managers...
'They don't work' but are paid big salaries. cheesy

No wonder I had preferences for roles that still requires sooooo much stress - manufacturing or process engineer.

My friend says for roughly the same salary with Supply chain or Safety engineers? He cannot kill himself.
He is also on the look out for laptop pressing roles. cheesy

My current role in Quality is special - I'll explain that in a bit...
My rice and fried meat deh cold, make I chop small inside. cheesy
please I need some information regarding PhD admission in mechanical engineering in your school.
1. I have few months to complete a masters degree in mechanical engineering here in Nigeria. I want to know the possibility of using my master degree here in Nigeria to obtain a PhD admission in your school?
2. Are there scholarship opportunities for PhD in mechanical engineering in your school?
3. What is the job prospect of a PhD holder outside the academic in Texas? My question is based on the fact that PhD is simply an academic degree.
Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by traveltipsguide: 11:25am On Nov 19, 2019
I really liked reading your post! Very high quality content and useful Travel Guide. Keep sharing more such information on other topics. I would like to read more about travel visa.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by tmphoto(m): 7:58pm On Nov 19, 2019
MackyNaija:
From the entire process, I think the MPow3r option is available to students yet to arrive in the US cos they mentioned assisting you to get a visa and some other documentation that points in that line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWPyG9yZ_Wo

Hello there Macky I know this thread is far too long to comment but I would still love if you could explain to me more on the Mpower, what are the requirements needed for an international students

2 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by GboyegaD(m): 5:01pm On Nov 28, 2019
Ugosample:

Just like two of my uncles o

Capital you no give me
the one wey come give me out of benevolence
una come dey tell am bad bad things about me to am
Dey slander my name

African uncles useless gan

Remember your dad is an uncle and so is yourself. Some uncles could have failed but not fair to generalize.

6 Likes

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by calculator123(m): 11:09pm On Nov 28, 2019
Olalekank, I sight you.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Ugosample(m): 12:20am On Nov 29, 2019
GboyegaD:

Remember your dad is an uncle and so is yourself. Some uncles could have failed but not fair to generalize.

You are right

not all uncles useless

some are good

Like myself cheesy

But what that man did to me hurt me bad
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Olalekank(m): 3:14am On Nov 29, 2019
calculator123:
Olalekank, I sight you.
Boss

I see you
Owo meji soke

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by iammiracle1(m): 8:27pm On Nov 29, 2019
MackyNaija:

Sometimes, you cannot avoid mentioning Nigeria. In my case, my wife asked me as a direct question on the first day we met.

It is clear that your thought process is different - who studies engineering and goes to get a masters too

Your grammar is different - no wanna gonna cheesy

dressing different - no tattoos or sagging pants

Your demeanor is different - no too much noise making

Then I knew about soccer which 'nobody' in the entire country knew Jack about.

She definitely knew this guy was not from here so she asked...
Where are you from?

Oga Macky, I hail o, please what about females migrating to the US via masters route? How is the dating scene for them? I hardly read stories from females that have migrated, abi single ladies moving to the US isn't that rampant? My cousin sister intends to travel for her masters and I overheard her mumsy telling mine that she is scared of her moving alone especially as she isn't married yet, she is fearful that she won't be able to find someone to settle with, she just turned 26, If some males find it difficult to settle with reasonable ppl what about black African ladies? Any idea of how it is for them over there?

Abeg any one with info pls feel free to contribute.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by yemiosinbajo: 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2019
iammiracle1:

Oga Macky, I hail o, please what about females migrating to the US via masters route? How is the dating scene for them? I hardly read stories from females that have migrated, abi single ladies moving to the US isn't that rampant? My cousin sister intends to travel for her masters and I overheard her mumsy telling mine that she is scared of her moving alone especially as she isn't married yet, she is fearful that she won't be able to find someone to settle with, she just turned 26, If some males find it difficult to settle with reasonable ppl what about black African ladies? Any idea of how it is for them over there?

Abeg any one with info pls feel free to contribute.

I think it is tough for everyone - both males and females - but it appears to be easier for the males because they make the move, while the females wait for others to come for them first. In the West where everyone tends to mind their own business, it is very hard for people to make a move to you first when you are different - black, foreign, etc - unless when they just wanna hit on you for a one night stand, at the club, or something along those lines. So, the best solution is to be brave enough to make the move especially when you're black or different in some way. Not to say people will not make advances toward your cousin sister or others in a similar situation, but the truth is that it is not as common here as it is in Nigeria where every man would be rushing her. Here, people tend to mind their business a lot, therefore, when she gets here, she shouldn't be afraid to shoot her shot, because waiting may cause her to wait for longer than expected.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by iammiracle1(m): 10:46pm On Nov 29, 2019
yemiosinbajo:

I think it is tough for everyone - both males and females - but it appears to be easier for the males because they make the move, while the females wait for others to come for them first. In the West where everyone tends to mind their own business, it is very hard for people to make a move to you first when you are different - black, foreign, etc - unless when they just wanna hit on you for a one night stand, at the club, or something along those lines. So, the best solution is to be brave enough to make the move especially when you're black or different in some way. Not to say people will not make advances toward your cousin sister or others in a similar situation, but the truth is that it is not as common here as it is in Nigeria where every man would be rushing her. Here, people tend to mind their business a lot, therefore, when she gets here, she shouldn't be afraid to shoot her shot, because waiting may cause her to wait for longer than expected.

Forwarded as received...I guess over there no one cares if you shoot your shot first as compared to here that it could look demeaning or weird...thank you Oga mi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Drenimarcus(m): 11:01pm On Nov 29, 2019
iammiracle1:

Forwarded as received...I guess over there no one cares if you shoot your shot first as compared to here that it could look demeaning or weird...thank you Oga mi

Just to add, she can try dating sites too. Here nobody condemns if you shoot first. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by iammiracle1(m): 11:35pm On Nov 29, 2019
Drenimarcus:

Just to add, she can try dating sites too. Here nobody condemns if you shoot first. All the best.

Thank you
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Babyvet: 11:47pm On Nov 29, 2019
iammiracle1:

Thank you

Just be careful with online dating sites , i have watched too many episodes of first 48. There are bad people everywhere but easier for people online to mask their bad qualities.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by stonemasonn: 5:43am On Nov 30, 2019
Babyvet:

Hi Babyvet (and Beautyaddy) are you of Nigerian decent?
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Babyvet: 6:57am On Nov 30, 2019
stonemasonn:
Hi Babyvet (and Beautyaddy) are you of Nigerian decent?

No I’m of Chinese decent.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by lillaowow(m): 8:02am On Nov 30, 2019
Babyvet:

No I’m of Chinese decent.

Lol. chin chon lee chan qui leo fung Jackie chan?

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by iammiracle1(m): 8:20am On Nov 30, 2019
Babyvet:

Just be careful with online dating sites , i have watched too many episodes of first 48. There are bad people everywhere but easier for people online to mask their bad qualities.

Hello Babyvet, I am guessing you are a lady and over there, please can you share some insight on how the dating scene could be for single African women, thanks
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Babyvet: 11:14am On Nov 30, 2019
iammiracle1:

Hello Babyvet, I am guessing you are a lady and over there, please can you share some insight on how the dating scene could be for single African women, thanks

I really don’t know , it varies . It would also vary on what type of guys she dates.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Babyvet: 11:15am On Nov 30, 2019
lillaowow:

Asking me foolish question.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by Babyvet: 11:15am On Nov 30, 2019
lillaowow:

Lol, Asking me foolish question.
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by bujebudanu1(m): 7:49pm On Nov 30, 2019
lillaowow:

grin
Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by GboyegaD(m): 1:50am On Dec 01, 2019
bjjobs:
I quit my job as a correction officer yesterday after I witnessed how my colleague was almost beating to death by an inmate,i used to work for state of texas as correctional officer until yesterday,i am looking into IT,just looking for someone to put me through,i know you can make 4 figures in IT with with few weeks training but idont know which one to do or where to seek help,i live in dallas texas now but can move anywhere.thank you

I have friends with TDCJ and never experienced this. In the mean time, look at Data Science/ Business Analysis although it may take time.

1 Like

Re: Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences by GboyegaD(m): 2:01am On Dec 01, 2019
EgunMogaji2:

I lived in North Dallas for about 4 years and the winters were brutal.

From October to March we got death defying low temps. I always wondered how son of men had endured this for hundreds of years.

After my divorce I quickly ran back to Southern California grin

What part of North Dallas? Schooled in Denton but moving back to the US next year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (109) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.