Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life (17960 Views)

See 7 Shocking Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life | No. 5 Is Important / 5 Interesting Ways Social Media Has Changed How You Celebrate Christmas / 8 Surefire Ways To Protect Your Online Passwords (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by malificent(f): 1:14pm On Jul 17, 2017
Social media could make or mar you, people will do anything for the gram or facebook likes. People would steal, borrow, and even maim others to disposses them of their belongings so they can flaunt what they don't have and be among those that are cool on social media. Marriages have been destroyed. Facebook is even the worst, some people feel having 1k+ likes means they have arrived, very absurd. The most annoying ones are the ones that don't know what not to post and when not to post it. Receive sense people.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by TheRealestGuy(m): 1:16pm On Jul 17, 2017
This pic says it all.

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by FTrebirth(m): 1:18pm On Jul 17, 2017
this is not far from the truth. some people actually sleep and wake up on nairaland...like the slay queens of romanceland and buhari zombie supporters.
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by hoygift(m): 1:19pm On Jul 17, 2017
bbbabes:
That don't mean ones life is ruined..
You know how many people have made it with the help of the social media...I met all my clients on the internet.
nice on babe ? Do u work online?
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by zoomman(m): 1:24pm On Jul 17, 2017
Social Media can ruined Academic life if not properly checked.....
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by tosyne2much(m): 1:28pm On Jul 17, 2017
A quiet life is a happy life

Some people are being pulled by low self esteem that they start flaunting everything happening in their lives on facebook, whatsapp, snapchat and Instagram.

Many people have remained stagnant and have brought upon themselves backwardness because they blow whistle and they feed other people with irrelevant information in the excellency and gratification of their accomplishments

1 Like

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by merits(m): 1:30pm On Jul 17, 2017
bbbabes:
You know how many people have made it with the help of the social media...I met all my clients on the internet.
which clients? I smell.........??
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by merits(m): 1:32pm On Jul 17, 2017
ekems2017:
You only be what you want to be. Social media cannot control me. I put it under my feet and use it anytime I want to.
na you be that.
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by Anny505(m): 2:21pm On Jul 17, 2017
[quote author=bbbabes post=58544838]That don't mean ones life is ruined..
Do yhu Bleep for a living?
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by jericco1(m): 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2017
I concur. it's now cancerous as most Nigerians are social media freaks. but they're worth saving.
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by coptic: 3:11pm On Jul 17, 2017
hoygift:
nice on babe ? Do u work online?

merits:

which clients? I smell.........??

She's a prostitute!

Check her signature.
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 17, 2017
ode niyin owner of thread...u dey part of dem u come here come dey shout....
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jul 17, 2017
malificent:
Social media could make or mar you, people will do anything for the gram or facebook likes. People would steal, borrow, and even maim others to disposses them of their belongings so they can flaunt what they don't have and be among those that are cool on social media. Marriages have been destroyed. Facebook is even the worst, some people feel having 1k+ likes means they have arrived, very absurd. The most annoying ones are the ones that don't know what not to post and when not to post it. Receive sense people.
see sense giver dey talk like say she no dey part of media abusers
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by malificent(f): 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2017
I have enough sense to know what to post and what not to post. Apparently you don't, take your half witted self elsewhere.
sprintscr7:

see sense giver dey talk like say she no dey part of media abusers
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by Abudu2000(m): 3:34pm On Jul 17, 2017
Social media is the new form of education and those who complain against it are the ones who either dont know how to use it to suit their needs or rather those who are so used to doing things the old fashion way.

I still say this, there is nothing like social media addiction coz you have got to keep up with everything you are involved with or someone else who is will outsmart u. If not for phcn issues i shouldnt be offline for even a secs and thats the reason i use 3smartphones so that my clients can always reach me at all times....

If u call it an addiction then its ur problem
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by Kingpinukecy(m): 3:54pm On Jul 17, 2017
Opinionated:

Social media has become a part of our daily life and many of us cannot do without it. What you don’t know is that your addiction to social media is affecting your lives negatively. Read on to know how social media can ruin your life. Jumia travel, the leading online travel agency, urge you to perhaps cut down on the hours you spend on social twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.

Overthinking emoticons

Some persons while interacting or chatting with someone, and they share an emoticon; they begin to give all sorts of meanings and interpretations to it. It is funny that Just because of an emoticon, they get themselves all worked up and worried. Why? It is just an emoticon.

Checking/updating every second

You have become so attached to Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat that you are checking and updating them every second. The day you don’t access your accounts because you don’t have data, you become hysterical and irrational. It is not a matter of life and death.

Bragging about likes, followers and comments

The number of likes, followers and comments you have has become a thing to brag about and show off. The rule is that the more followers you have, the more traction and engagement you get. True, you do not have to boast about it. Some people go as far as buying likes, followers and even comments.

Posting without thinking

Many of us have converted social media to an abuse platform. A place where we criticize and troll people. As a result, more and more people are in trouble because of what they shared and said on social media. Presently, a popular US based Nigerian journalist Kemi Olunloyo is being charged to court because of the content she shared on social media. Always, think before you share.

Making up just because you want to share pix on Instagram

This is peculiar with girls. They do not have anywhere to go but they dress up, apply makeup and take beautiful pictures just to post on Instagram or Facebook. It is ridiculous.

Staying Up Late

We all do this. We spend hours flying from one social media platform to another. Meanwhile, we are very sleepy but we still continue browsing. Surprisingly, they sleep off while on twitter or WhatsApp. Hence, many of us don’t get enough sleep because of social media.

Seeking social media validation

Seeking social media validation can lead to depression. This is because you wait for others to give you approval for your life activities. If you don’t get the desired response, you become depressed. You should stop seeking social media validation and live your life.

source: http://www.opinions.ng/7-surefire-ways-social-media-can-ruin-life/

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
This are the best point's ever on how social media can terminate and limit someone's life activities.....

Gosh, am so sorry for the addicted once.
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by uzuede4(f): 4:31pm On Jul 17, 2017
alignacademy:
Ironically, this advice is being shared via social media...
That does not make it false.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by oksmart1992(m): 5:54pm On Jul 17, 2017
bbbabes:
ohh your "clients" [color=#770077][/color] grin grin
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by Skmoda(m): 6:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
Tosyne2much i think you've wrote something like this before?. I'm i right? Pls validate my question.
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by tosyne2much(m): 6:49pm On Jul 17, 2017
Skmoda:
Tosyne2much i think you've wrote something like this before?. I'm i right? Pls validate my question.
No I haven't bros
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by Skmoda(m): 6:59pm On Jul 17, 2017
tosyne2much:
No I haven't bros
alright bro.
Re: 7 Surefire Ways Social Media Can Ruin Your Life by ThisPrecious: 12:11am On Sep 11, 2018
This was wonderful. If you want to know how to create customized emoticons fro Facebook check here - https://www.isogtek.com/facebook-emoticons-codes-emoji-facebook/ they really explained it well.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Big, Shiny Asteroid To Fly (safely) Past Earth On April 19 / Www.facebook.com | Sign Up ,create New Facebook Account Free / How I Built My Rc Helicopter At Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.