Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,039 members, 7,814,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). (51687 Views)

Best Man Role By Female Friends At Weddings Sparks Reactions Among FCT Residents / Will One Million Naira Be Enough For Both Traditional And White Weddings? / Watch This Nairalander MC The Weddings Of Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by dokJ: 2:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
All des shits don't happen in Nigeria except it is violent driven eg boko haram..
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
iamrealdeji:
pls tell me pls. did he rape the bride? Uday is very notorious
rape is understatement. Abusive rape grin
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by joepentwo(m): 2:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
WOMEN
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
adegwurulez:
11. The Red Wedding: Robb stark, his new bride, his mother and his soldiers were slaughtered by the freis.

Don't worry Robb, The North remembers.

Arya has avenged your death...
LMFAO cheesy grin

You carry Game Of Thrones Come put where dem they deal with reality?. cheesy
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by bayocanny: 2:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
lofty900:
Reminds me of Sadam Hussain's son, Udey Hussain who raped a bride in her wedding dress, on her wedding day. The bride committed suicide immediately after by jumping off the top of the building. Her groom later avenged her death by plotting the assassination of Udey Hussain which caused him to remain paralyzed till he was finally killed by American forces
This part was scripted in a movie called "Double Devil"
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by jiangchu: 3:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
lofty900:
Reminds me of Sadam Hussain's son, Udey Hussain who raped a bride in her wedding dress, on her wedding day. The bride committed suicide immediately after by jumping off the top of the building. Her groom later avenged her death by plotting the assassination of Udey Hussain which caused him to remain paralyzed till he was finally killed by American forces

misuse of power
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by adegwurulez(m): 3:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
Benita27:
LMFAO cheesy grin

You carry Game Of Thrones Come put where dem they deal with reality?. cheesy
A man was discussing GOT when a man came across the thread.

Forgive a man

1 Like

Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by UgoFly: 3:09pm On Jul 18, 2017
lofty900:

I saw that movie
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by YaksonFCA(m): 3:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
Sad.RIP
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 18, 2017
UgoFly:

I saw that movie
yeah. It's a true life story
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by naturefellow(m): 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
policy12:

Y be say na naija own come worst pass..
no be Una ask for naija version... ?
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by madridguy(m): 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
You remind me of the bad son of Saddam Hussein. Uday Hussein the self acclaimed " wolf"

lofty900:
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by brain54(m): 3:26pm On Jul 18, 2017
Explorers:
http://www.oddee.com/item_99919.aspx

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1. The Brazilian bride who died in a helicopter crash on the way to her wedding.

In December 2016, a Brazilian bride's surprise entrance to her wedding went tragically wrong when the helicopter she was in crashed minutes before she was due to tie the knot.

Rosemeire Silva Nascimento, who was wearing her wedding dress and veil, died instantly along with three others.

The 32-year-old nurse planned to amaze her fiancé, Udirley Narques Damasceno, 34, and their 300 guests with a stunning entrance by flying into the Recanto Beija-Flor venue in Sao Lourenco da Serra, a wealthy suburb of Sao Paulo, in a chopper.

The groom was in a state of shock at the altar as he was told his bride had died.

In addition to Rosemeire, the other victims included her brother, Silvano Nascimento da Silva, who had been “very excited about the plan," the wedding photographer, Nayla Cristina Neves Lousada, who was six months pregnant, and Peterson Pinheiro, the pilot.
a simple case of spiritual wife
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by Primenet(m): 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
Heart Breaking Memories!
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by daewoorazer(m): 3:31pm On Jul 18, 2017
figure007:
don Williams

Are u a cowboy..... Folk?
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by naturefellow(m): 3:31pm On Jul 18, 2017
This is just like reading a horror movie, especially the #10. Feels cold already!
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 18, 2017
madridguy:
You remind me of the bad son of Saddam Hussein. Uday Hussein the self acclaimed " wolf"

lolz grin grin grin the big bad wolf grin grin
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by Ezionye(f): 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2017
Explorers u just contributed to making my day cool

After all d psquare and I go dye and lai mohamed i have had to read all day

1 Like

Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by tk4rd: 3:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
falconey:
Do you get paid?

NO..
HE ENJOYS GETTING PEOPLE ENLIGHTENED...
HE DOESN'T EVEN HAVE A BLOG..
I THANK GOD FOR PEOPLE LIKE HIM

1 Like

Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by madridguy(m): 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
Even killed her husband for insulting the president's son. Good his also six feet under the ground.

lofty900:
lolz grin grin grin the big bad wolf grin grin
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
madridguy:
Even killed her husband for insulting the president's son. Good his also six feet under the ground.

he died a horrible death. The guy will drive to school, kidnap schoolgirls and rape them. He was evil.
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by Rajosh(m): 3:46pm On Jul 18, 2017
lofty900:
Udey and Qusay. very notorious like their father.
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by madridguy(m): 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2017
Big evil.

lofty900:
he died a horrible death. The guy will drive to school, kidnap schoolgirls and rape them. He was evil.
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
Rajosh:
Udey and Qusay. very notorious like their father.
yeah but Udey is more evil than his father. His father said he regretted not killing him at birth
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by rufonye: 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
OP Please add this one. It happened in my village.

After the traditional marriage in the bride's village it was time to return to the grooms village, the bride went with the bus that brought the guests. Because there was no more space and the groom wanting to satisfy the invited guests decided to join his two friends in a bike back home. it was late in the night and their bike had a collision with another bike and they (the groom and two friends) all died.

1 Like

Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by Horlahmah(m): 5:01pm On Jul 18, 2017
Homeboiy:
give nigeria version of the tragedy
I cannot vividly remember the date. I was young then.it happened in Osun State around Ife town. The couple and their entourage had accident, when returning to the grooms hometown. Up to six cars got burnt with the people inside. It was a sad incident in the state.

May we not see such things again. Our day of joy shall not turn to mourn.
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by longjohnsilver: 5:13pm On Jul 18, 2017
Candour:

November 4th 2000 actually

Exactly...thanks, november 4th.
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by girl4rmspace(f): 5:17pm On Jul 18, 2017
cry
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by Horlahmah(m): 5:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
Explorers:
10. The newly wedded couple with their friends, maids that died in a tanker explosion, one of the worst ever multi-vehicle accidents, killing between 100 and 200 people near Ibadan, Oyo State, Nigeria, November, 2000.

The accident occurred outside Ibadan, on a stretch of motorway connecting Ibadan and Ife in Osun State to the East, about 250 km north of Lagos.

Nigeria suffers heavy traffic circulation problems, and this day was no exception, with a large traffic jam covering all lanes of the road and numerous pedestrians weaving in between them including the the new couple.

A large petrol tanker, carrying fuel was travelling on the same road at high speed, when it suddenly encountered the traffic jam and attempted to come to a halt.

At this point, the poorly maintained vehicle suffered a total brake failure, and ploughed straight into the queue of cars ahead including the motorcade of the newly wedded couple.

The numbers killed in the initial collision were probably high, but they will never be known, because the tanker, which had finally come to rest on its side had begun to leak its highly flammable load onto the roadway.

Within seconds, this trail was alight, and the tanker disappeared in an enormous fireball, which rose above the city and devastated a wide area around the accident scene.

Those still in their cars were trapped in the crash wreckage and burnt alive.

Those who tried to escape were also burnt till they fell, those standing too close were immolated instantly, while those further away were burnt to death or hit by flying shrapnel from the blast.

Burning wreckage caused several small fires in nearby suburbs.

The police and other rescue services did not offer any assistance until some time after the blast, and so numerous bodies were removed by relatives or volunteer rescuers and privately buried, whilst others were simply vapourised in the initial explosion or cremated in the fire that followed.

Lalasticlala, Mynd44
This was the incident, I am referring to. So it was in 2000.
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by samola01: 5:43pm On Jul 18, 2017
Naija versions are too numerous to count is it the abiku's that decides to return to her group on her wedding day or ladies that have spiritual husbands and out of envy the man decides to take her before or after tying the knot physically. what of modern experience whereby the couple were involved in accident after joining them either same day or next
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by Horlaz(m): 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2017
Explorers:
9. A woman was killed and four people were injured by rogue bullets during a wedding celebration.

Celebratory gunfire during a wedding ceremony in India went horribly wrong when one guest was killed, and four others were injured.

The dramatic incident took place at Savitiri Marriage Hall, in Karnal district, Haryana, northern India, in November 2016.

Wedding guests started firing shots into the air soon after the ceremony to celebrate, which is a tradition.

The party, however, soon turned tragic when guest Sunita, 48, was accidentally shot in the chest and died later in hospital.

Four other guests were injured, including an 11-year-old girl, and they were all rushed to a nearby hospital in a critical condition.
omo white don suffer o come to my dear country they must attach it to family war or anscestors are angry...
Re: 10 Weddings That Ended In Tragedy Around The World(Photos). by mercy232(f): 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
Wow, eleyi gidi gan oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Event Planners Print Their Own Money To Be Sprayed At Parties / Man Marries His Down Syndrome Girlfriend & Pics Go Viral / Mahmud, Son Of Sani Abacha Weds In Style!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.