Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

No Election In Benue Unless...... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Election In Benue Unless...... (991 Views)

No Peace Unless Herdsmen Move Freely - Northern Group / Picture: Aso Rock Mood After Kanu Declared No Election In SE/SS / "No Election In Biafra Until They Give Us The Referendum Date." Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Election In Benue Unless...... by Terkimbi01: 12:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
I have been watching with keen interest, the development in Biafra. It is obvious to all that the people are tired of Nigeria. Do I blame them?

When they came up with, no election in Anambra, it sounded strange and foolish.

But after watching the video or Sapele women protesting over the unstoppable killings by the Fulani, I have come to see the good side of no election.

it is one sure way for the people to make it clear to where power belongs to.

I am calling on all of our people to rise up.

No election in Benue in 2019, unless Nigeria is restricted and Fulani leaves our lands.

I am sure this will wake up our sluggish and greedy politicians.

Enough of this madness here.
Long live the peoples of Benue.
Peace to the Middle Belt.

14 Likes

Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by Aonkuuse(m): 1:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
Senseless, so what will affect a fulani man if there is no election. Rather benue people will suffer it. No election proclamation is done by short thinking and violent individuals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by SamuelAnyawu(m): 1:06pm On Jul 18, 2017
Terkimbi01:
[s]I have been watching with keen interest, the development in Biafra. It is obvious to all that the people are tired of Nigeria. Do I blame them?

When they came up with, no election in Anambra, it sounded strange and foolish.

But after watching the video or Sapele women protesting over the unstoppable killings by the Fulani, I have come to see the good side of no election.

it is one sure way for the people to make it clear to where power belongs to.

I am calling on all of our people to rise up.

No election in Benue in 2019, unless Nigeria is restricted and Fulani leaves our lands.

I am sure this will wake up our sluggish and greedy politicians.

Enough of this madness here.
Long live the peoples of Benue.
Peace to the Middle Belt.[/s]

Ortomatic 2019 grin
Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by GuyWise(m): 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
Aonkuuse:
Senseless, so what will affect a fulani man if there is no election. Rather benue people will suffer it. No election proclamation is done by short thinking and violent individuals
Afonja, always in a haste to defend their arewa masters.

14 Likes

Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by greatermax77(m): 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2017
The poster above, for now, you will be thinking that Igbos are foolish, but in years to come, you will surely appreciate them.
Our political class are greedy, die hard & wicked, if this kind of trastic measure is not pursued,we will continue to remain like this.
How do u think revolution will start?

7 Likes

Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by Aonkuuse(m): 1:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
GuyWise:

Afonja, always in a haste to defend their arewa masters.
bloody slut. Iam a real Tiv man. But the fact is that I cannot support what is not right

1 Like

Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by Placiddust: 1:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
So can d man above give us an idea of what is right?

Rampaging herdsmen running amok? Skewed federal structure in favor of a particular region? Do I need to go on...

3 Likes

Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by Terkimbi01: 1:34pm On Jul 18, 2017
Aonkuuse:

Are we not suffering?
Are we not being killed?

you don't understand

if we say we.won't vote because our leaders who we have voted have failed us.
two things will happen

1. they will sit up
2. they will respect those who put them to the office.

4 Likes

Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by conductor001: 1:35pm On Jul 18, 2017
Aonkuuse:
bloody slut. Iam a real Tiv man. But the fact is that I cannot support what is not right
Abiola Tunde, I can really see your TV head wink cheesy

4 Likes

Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by Terkimbi01: 1:37pm On Jul 18, 2017
Aonkuuse:

Let me tell you what is not right.

what is not right is to vote in men and women who do not care about us.

to vote in people who do not know why thy are voted in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by GuyWise(m): 1:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
Aonkuuse:
You can never hide your body odour mr afonja

5 Likes

Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by Aonkuuse(m): 1:41pm On Jul 18, 2017
Terkimbi01:

Are we not suffering?
Are we not being killed?

you don't understand

if we say we.won't vote because our leaders who we have voted have failed us.
two things will happen

1. they will sit up
2. they will respect those who put them to the office.
and you think violence is the only way out? Tiv people themselves are not helping matters. Last year I was in my village and when the fulani people were passing. Some boys came and took one cow from the herdsmen. When he was comforted he said it is passage fee which he took a cow worth over one hundred thousand naira. Why wouldn't a fulani man fight back?
Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by Terkimbi01: 1:53pm On Jul 18, 2017
Aonkuuse:
and you think violence is the only way out? Tiv people themselves are not helping matters. Last year I was in my village and when the fulani people were passing. Some boys came and took one cow from the herdsmen. When he was comforted he said it is passage fee which he took a cow worth over one hundred thousand naira. Why wouldn't a fulani man fight back?

Who is talking about violence?

polls boycott is a very smart and peaceful way of pulling the carpet off the feet of useless leaders.

See, if the leaders are convinced that there will be no voting because of their irresponsible ties, what do you think will happen?

1 Like

Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by Placiddust: 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
Terkimbi01:

Who is talking about violence?

polls boycott is a very smart and peaceful way of pulling the carpet off the feet of useless leaders.

See, if the leaders are convinced that there will be no voting because of their irresponsible ties, what do you think will happen?

You've made your points jhoor bro, let d status quo fools continue to delude themselves. Other agitating regions should follow suit!

God bless NK!

#iamyoruba

1 Like

Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by Terkimbi01: 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2017
Placiddust:

You've made your points jhoor bro, let d status quo fools continue to delude themselves. Other agitating regions should follow suit!

God bless NK!

#iamyoruba

Thanks.

I believe we should think different, act different achieve the things beyond the imaginations of our fathers.
Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by Marcelo290(m): 2:10pm On Jul 18, 2017
Aonkuuse:
No matter what, there is no justification for Fulani killings, this your mentality is what would make you guys worship the Hausa/Fulani forever, now tell me why the trend won't continue?

Some of you Tiv people are very myopic and brainwashed set of people, I lived in Gboko so I don't need to ask cos I have a first class knowledge of you guys, so your brother here suggested a boycott of elections, you are already insinuating Violence, what is the interrelation? most of the youths there always wait for 4 yrs so they could get little crumbs from politicians who use and dump them and the routine continues, reason you keep having bad leaders.

My advice..? Learn to stand up for what you want, stop settling for less, a revolution would indeed bring a change in your land. Stop thinking about your stomach now, think about your generations yet unborn and the grave effects of what your decisions today might cause them, again, nobody is asking for war...

As for the people above who chant "Afonja" at the slight of every discourse without making any reasonable contributions, you guys make me ashamed atimes, everyone and everything mustn't have to do with Yorubas, Live and let live. You can aswell label me an afonja but that won't take away the igbo and Anambarian in me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by Aonkuuse(m): 2:21pm On Jul 18, 2017
Marcelo290:
No matter what, there is no justification for Fulani killings, this your mentality is what would make you guys worship the Hausa/Fulani forever, now tell me why the trend won't continue?

Some of you Tiv people are very myopic and brainwashed set of people, I lived in Gboko so I don't need to ask cos I have a first class knowledge of you guys, so your brother here suggested a boycott of elections, you are already insinuating Violence, what is the interrelation? most of the youths there always wait for 4 yrs so they could get little crumbs from politicians who use and dump them and the routine continues, reason you keep having bad leaders.

My advice..? Learn to stand up for what you want, stop settling for less, a revolution would indeed bring a change in your land. Stop thinking about your stomach now, think about your generations yet unborn and the grave effects of what your decisions today might cause them, again, nobody is asking for war...

As for the people above who chant "Afonja" at the slight of every discourse without making any reasonable contributions, you guys make me ashamed atimes, everyone and everything mustn't have to do with Yorubas, Live and let live. You can aswell label me an afonja but that won't take away the igbo and Anambarian in me.
you are very stupid idiot do you think boycott of elections will help? Even if that is considered evil people will use that as an opportunity to lead. Will boycott pursue fulani herdsmen out of benue? Do you think boycott will bring the desired security? We have to discipline ourselves first before anything. Because immediately a Tiv man sight a fulani man, then he thinks he is a enemy and immediately they will set him ablaze without the man causing any harm. Tiv people I know are peace loving people don't come and said what you don't know because you are living in gboko
Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by Terkimbi01: 2:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
Marcelo290:

As for the people above who chant "Afonja" at the slight of every discourse without making any reasonable contributions, you guys make me ashamed atimes, everyone and everything mustn't have to do with Yorubas, Live and let live. You can as well label me an afonja but that won't take away the igbo and Anambarian in me.

Thanks for this.

Polls boycott is a silent but powerful revolution.
If we succeed with it, then no elected official will take the people for granted again.

The people's power is in their votes.
too bad we have not used our power wisely.

Its a condition, its either the leaders do what they are voted to do, or we boycott polls.

I am still thinking of how we can pull this off in Benue.
our people need a lot of eduction.

1 Like

Re: No Election In Benue Unless...... by Marcelo290(m): 2:46pm On Jul 18, 2017
Aonkuuse:
you are very stupid idiot do you think boycott of elections will help? Even if that is considered evil people will use that as an opportunity to lead. Will boycott pursue fulani herdsmen out of benue? Do you think boycott will bring the desired security? We have to discipline ourselves first before anything. Because immediately a Tiv man sight a fulani man, then he thinks he is a enemy and immediately they will set him ablaze without the man causing any harm. Tiv people I know are peace loving people don't come and said what you don't know because you are living in gboko
The moment an argument of such degenerates to insult, that is when I would call it a quit. Most of you need to move out from the confines of your village to see life from a different perspective. besides I've left your poverty stricken state for you and your so called peaceful touts.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

"I Did Not Kill Ipob Members In Anambra, Buhari Did" - Obiano Cries Out / BONNY Youths Protest Against NLNG / When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.