Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,497 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us (988 Views)

Now That Abba Kyari Is Innocent, Can We Allow Mamman Daura Rest By Alwan Hassan / God Would Judge Us If We Allow The APC To Return To Power”- Lamido / Should we allow Buharri to suffer 3 generations of Nigerians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by MeanChris(m): 9:45am On Sep 14, 2017
Nelson Mandela, one of the greatest freedom fighters in human history once said “The moment you look upon a group of people and proclaim them all to be bad, then know that you are worse yourself” Also, I am adding that “To understand your enemy, put yourself in his shoes and try and consider all his peculiarities so that you may at least understand his motives”

Nigeria.. our dear country. If we start to analyze all that is wrong with Nigeria today, we will end up cursing ourselves for bringing such a stupid task upon ourselves. We have problems, same goes for everything that is existent. That being said, I believe that our most pronounced problem was between the citizens and our ever looting political class but it seems we have gotten over that and have resorted to hating our fellow suffering citizens.

I have never in my life had personal reasons to curse and hate somebody because he/she is not my tribesman and I believe same goes for most of us. My problem has always been how the country has been cursed with leaders from the lowest class of mental wellbeing and those that don’t love humanity. If I have any reason to hate a whole tribe or ethnic group, then I’m worse off according to Nelson Mandela.

The forerunners in the problems of our dear country: Corruption, Nepotism, Tribalism, Poverty, Hunger, to mention but a few affects directly or indirectly 99% of all the homes you’ll come across in Nigeria. So when we complain of these problems, how is it not affecting us all..? Is there a tribe that is above these problems?? If we count the number of rich hausa men, believe me the number of rich igbo men might surpass it, same might go for the number of rich Yoruba individuals, same for ijaw, Ibibio, efik, tivs, urhobo and so on and....

YES! There was a civil war, Igbos were killed in their millions, Igbos were given £20 after the war, Igbos have been marginalized, every living thing is against you as an Igbo man.. well believe what you want but I’ve come to realize that in the world we live in, nobody cares about you, if you are looking for pity, my dear you’ll not find it anywhere. The war was a mistake, yes! but from an unbiased viewpoint, the war was fought for oil. Ojukwu could never convince Nigerians even till today that he fought for the freedom of his people, can I vouch for him? Can you? Remember he died a Nigerian, while millions perished as Biafrans

If we Igbos were all good as we claim, why don’t we see our legislators always barking in the National Assembly about the perceived marginalization of their people, why haven’t our governors used the little resources allocated to us to transform Igboland into the egalitarian society we believe Biafra will bring. Please I’m not here to condemn my people mind you, but all I’m saying is that we are Nigerians by heart and Nigeria will follow us wherever we go, be it Biafra, Oduduwa, Arewa or whatever. What we have today in Nigeria will also be personified wherever we run to.
My people why the hate!?

Yes we may claim they started it first but is this the best way to go about it? The King of the greatest empire there is and is to be, our Lord Jesus Christ told us that revenge is not for us. I’m not sorry for bringing Christ into this talk because I believe in Him. The hate we are spreading is too much for even us. If someone tells you that an entire tribe or ethnic group is your problem, and then by Mandela’s analogy, that person is worse off, we should know who to follow.

The hate has left the internet and entered the streets and now the python has come to dance. It will be a long debate if we are to discuss our present government and their style of ruling but remember that whoever is in Aso Rock will go and Nigeria will remain.

Nigeria has the potentials to become very great if only we can have a leader who will inspire patriotism in all of us. A leader like Mandela who not minding the percentage of votes he got from a particular zone, will call all of us to the tables and demand we work together for our country. It will start like an ember but never underestimate the capability of a good leader. All our problems including religious intolerance, insecurity, terrorism etc are all mirages if we can have just one good leader.

The call for Biafra is unnecessary because whichever way we look at it, it is a call for war and war should be the last resort and our last resort should be our very last resort. Besides if we get Biafra with the method we are employing now, we’ll be surrounded with embittered neighbours and a man who has enemies as neighbours is never really at peace, ask Israel if you think otherwise.

The hatred should stop, let’s give peace an nth chance

From a Concerned Citizen

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by pressplay411(m): 6:22pm On Oct 20, 2018
Well said sir.
More Wisdom to you.
Unless we deal with it problem, it will follow us wherever we go.

1 Like

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 20, 2018
Bridges have been burnt already and I blame igbos and igbos parents for this. Igbos have churned out too much hate and there is no room for rapprochement.

How can an entire tribe be purveyors of hate that all her youths do is to spew hate against other tribes online? To say I am disappointed at igbo parents and leaders is an understatement. If the hatred was solely directed at the Hausas, it will be excusable as it was the Hausas who really killed millions of Igbos. Rather, the igbos made enemies of their southern yoruba neighbors due to stories of the civil war passed on to igbo children by their parents. How sad. The hate shown by the igbos in last 7 years will continue to haunt the tribe for a generation if they are unlucky enough to still be in Nigeria because they have no allies.

Personally, I don't see them ever being voted as President of Nigeria due to the hatred they have for the other two major tribes. Igbos have not managed the emotional trauma of the civil war properly and that will continue to be their achille's heel in this country.

I won't say more than that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by 9japride(m): 6:52pm On Oct 20, 2018
resurgent4oodua:
Bridges have been burnt already and I blame igbos and igbos parents for this. Igbos have churned out too much hate and there is no room for rapprochement.

How can an entire tribe be a purveyor of hate that all her youths do is to spew hate against other tribes online? To say I am disappointed at igbo parents and leaders is an understatement. If the hatred was solely directed at the Hausas, it will be excusable as it was the Hausas who really killed millions of Igbos. Rather, the igbos made enemies of their southern yoruba neighbors due to stories of the civil war passed on to igbo children by their parents. How sad. The hate shown by the igbos in last 7 years will continue to haunt the tribe for a generation if they are unlucky enough to still be in Nigeria because they have no allies.

Personally, I don't see them ever being voted as President of Nigeria due to the hatred they have for the other two major tribes. Igbos have not managed the emotional trauma of the civil war properly and that will continue to be their achille's heel in this country.

[color=#006600][/color]

Rather its you and fellow hateful beings are the real haters. How can another tribe say Ibos will never be president and calling them all sort of names like " the idiotic pigs of Biafra" and in your shallow brain you expect Ibos to keep quiet. They give as its hot, you can load data to come here to change the narrative. Shame on you saddest, wicked and hateful beings

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by PapalsBull(m): 7:00pm On Oct 20, 2018
[s]
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Rather its you and fellow hateful beings are the real haters. How can another tribe say Ibos will never be president and calling them all sort of names like " the idiotic pigs of Biafra" and in your shallow brain you expect Ibos to keep quiet. They give as its hot, you can load data to come here to change the narrative. Shame on you saddest, wicked and hateful beings
[/s]
Are you aware that nnamdi called for the stoning of Kumuyi when he (Kumuyi) went to abia state for program? Do you know that nnamdi called Nigerians monkeys? That Nigerians are animals living in a zoo? (Forgotten that his parents and his followers live in the supposed zoo grin)

5 Likes

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by 9japride(m): 7:06pm On Oct 20, 2018
PapalsBull:
[s][/s]
Are you aware that nnamdi called for the stoning of Kumuyi when he (Kumuyi) went to abia state for program? Do you know that nnamdi called Nigerians monkeys? That Nigerians are animals living in a zoo? (Forgotten that his parents and his followers live in the supposed zoo grin)
[color=#006600][/color]

I don't know about that one. Its you that is preaching hate messages here. When you support bad leadership just to offend the other tribe. You think you are doing me. Is Nnamdi Kanu the problem we are facing presently in Nigeria? The young man might be too open in this action due to the rot we have in this country. Wake up from your hateful thought. Ibos are concerned about their wellbeing. Its you guys that play dirty politics. Is Nnamdi Kanu that brought the hatred you guys have for Ibos?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by tigerclaws: 7:08pm On Oct 20, 2018
[s]
PapalsBull:
[s][/s]
[/s]
claptrap and stupid trash

1 Like

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 20, 2018
Hausa+Fulani+Islam = HATE
Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by seanfer(m): 7:14pm On Oct 20, 2018
The hatred is too much, Even in office once you’re not from their tribe they will abuse you and nothing you can do.... I work with Igbos and I know how they treat those who are not Igbos...
Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by gidgiddy: 7:18pm On Oct 20, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

How can an entire tribe be a purveyor of hate that all her youths do is to spew hate against other tribes online? To say I am disappointed at igbo parents and leaders is an understatement. If the hatred was solely directed at the Hausas, it will be excusable as it was the Hausas who really killed millions of Igbos. Rather, the igbos made enemies of their southern yoruba neighbors due to stories of the civil war passed on to igbo children by their parents. How sad. The hate shown by the igbos in last 7 years will continue to haunt the tribe for a generation if they are unlucky enough to still be in Nigeria because they have no allies.

But if the same Igbos declare their own country and go their way , it is Nigerians like you that will take up arms, declare war and fight to bring the Igbo man back into Nigeria

Just like your fathers did last time

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by gidgiddy: 7:23pm On Oct 20, 2018
PapalsBull:
[s][/s]

Oh really? Check this out
1945, Jos- Hundeds of Igbo killed
1953, Kano- Hundreds of Igbos massacred
1966, all over Nigeria- over 50,000 Igbos massacred.
1967-70, Igbo land- Over 3 million Igbos killed

And you talking about the stoning of Kumuyi and and calling Nigeria a zoo? Are you for real?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by overall90: 7:28pm On Oct 20, 2018
They have started preaching again.
I thought the op was going to make sense until his veered off and start talking about Ojukwu and oil.Nigeria may have fought for oil but you can't say that Ojukwu fought for oil.how can you fight for something that is in your possession.you want peace but don't see anything wrong in peddling falsehood against a people.
just look at the way some people have been loosing sleep over the past few days because of the choice of Obi as running mate by a party they have been calling IPod party and yet they are the ones to accuse igbos of hate.
I wonder what exactly you people want from igbos.

1 Like

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by holyboii: 7:35pm On Oct 20, 2018
normally is Nigeria not a zoo?
Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by oyoirabor: 7:38pm On Oct 20, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

I know you will land here with your hateful bile and bitterness.....
Looking back to 2015...what names did wicked and hateful souls like you did not call the IBO's simply for making their choice...and when they woke up to feed you with your own poo, you are screaming like a hateful bitter coward .........,

4 Likes

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by ratcockoduduwa: 7:54pm On Oct 20, 2018
[s]
resurgent4oodua:

[/s]Shut up

1 Like

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by overall90: 7:57pm On Oct 20, 2018
oyoirabor:

I know you will land here with your hateful bile and bitterness.....
Looking back to 2015...what names did wicked and hateful souls like you did not call the IBO's simply for making their choice...and when they woke up to feed you with your own poo, you are screaming like a hateful bitter coward .........,

don't mind the idiot.
he doesn't want igbo parents to tell their children how majority of them came to be traders and merchants after Awolowo stole everything that was Nigerian economy and handed over to his people in the guise of indigenization policy,how all their live savings was stolen and 20 pounds given to them,how a Yoruba president set up a kangaroo boundary adjustment commission and ceded all oil bearing igbo communities to Rivers state and ordered oil companies to relocate to Lagos so that only their people can get job.
just imagine the delirium of the last few days just because of Obi.i will keep on saying that the only redemption for the Igbos is separation.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by oyoirabor: 8:06pm On Oct 20, 2018
MeanChris:

Quit all these your street beer parlour cosmetic poo. Tribalism have been part of Nigerian culture....it was tolerable upon till PMB and his zombie crew started singing it like a national anthem. Channel your energy towards ensuring his exit first...then other things will start falling in place
Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by kYjelly2: 8:06pm On Oct 20, 2018
I don't get how people can punish the whole country by voting in bad leaders based on tribal support.

At the end of the day, Nigerians all suffer together, sigh

1 Like

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 20, 2018
overall90:

don't mind the idiot.
he doesn't want igbo parents to tell their children how majority of them came to be traders and merchants after Awolowo stole everything that was Nigerian economy and handed over to his people in the guise of indigenization policy,how all their live savings was stolen and 20 pounds given to them,how a Yoruba president set up a kangaroo boundary adjustment commission and ceded all oil bearing igbo communities to Rivers state and ordered oil companies to relocate to Lagos so that only their people can get job.
just imagine the delirium of the last few days just because of Obi.i will keep on saying that the only redemption for the Igbos is separation.

And separation you shall get if you are sincere and serious with the agitation.

See how the PDP made a mess of your agitations?

The only people hindering Biafra are your elites who want to continue living in Lagos and Abuja.

And as for your lies against PA Awolowo, I would leave you to your conscience.

Igbos are already persona non grata in the circles of Nigerian political and power elite. You can't insult or bully your way into Nigerian Presidency. We shall see where your hate for other tribes will get you.

1 Like

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

The only people hindering Biafra are your elites who want to continue living in Lagos and Abuja.

Igbos are already persona non grata in the circles of Nigerian political and power elite. You can't insult or bully your way into Nigerian Presidency. We shall see where your hate for other tribes will get you.

Mr man just shut up already. Ain't u ashamed of this trash you are spewing??

As for one of the trash u wrote up there, Biafrans can own houses and live in Abuja and lagos even if biafra is declared. No one can stop anyman from living anywhere legally - and especially not in Africa.

3 Likes

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by perez100: 8:20pm On Oct 20, 2018
Yoruba means hate. They hate seeing other tribes progress even at work place. They love to rubbish you once you are better than them. They wish evil to others. They introduced bitter politics in 2014 - insulting public office holders. They are the only tribe shouting 'we killed 3 million Igbos, and they cannot rule Nigeria again as if they have a say on who rule Nigeria, yet they want Igbos to clap and show them love. Just OBJ that ruled Nigeria and it was against their wish. Forget Ernest Shonikan.

1 Like

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by MeanChris(m): 8:25pm On Oct 20, 2018
Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by kernel001: 8:27pm On Oct 20, 2018
PapalsBull:
[s][/s]

Oba of Lagos, who promised killing Igbos, what do you make of that?
Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by overall90: 8:48pm On Oct 20, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

you are funny.
tell me what I wrote that is a lie?
you people think too much of yourselves.
I don't know what makes you people think that the status quo will remain forever.
During the first republic,yorubas were no where near the leadership of this country until Gowon invited Awolowo into the government during the war,from 1979,an igbo was the Vp and speaker of house of rep,during the Abacha era,yorubas were hunted and hounded all over the place,just recently during Gej era yorubas cried and are still crying about how Gej marginalized them.
so you can see that there is nothing special about whatever status you lot feel that you are gaining under Buhari because government come and go and with different leanings and alliances.

2 Likes

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by Modphase: 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2018
gidgiddy:

Oh really? Check this out
1953, Kano- Hundreds of Igbos massacred
1966, all over Nigeria- over 50,000 Igbos massacred.
1967-70, Igbo land- Over 3 million Igbos killed

And you talking about the stoning of Kumuyi and and calling Nigeria a zoo? Are you for real?

You shameless Igbo are always quick to shout where you are hurt. Did you not read in your history book what led to the killings of the Igbos you listed above.

Imagine Obi being slaughtered even though he is not yet a VP n his lifeless body being dragged by Hausa that killed him all over Abuja. Will you Igbos sit down for UN to do justice ?

That is what happened when hopeless Igbo slaughtered the Hausa prime minister and premier of both the Western n Northern region and dragged their lifeless body all over the capital in Lagos.

The killing of the Igbos was premeditated by the Igbos just like the killings of 2 millions Igbos was premeditated when Ojukwu declared Biafra. Always balance history when you write your lies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by Ifiokumo: 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2018
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Don’t mind them. They want to punish the victim because the victim woke up to (re) discover they were raped and beaten AGAIN, despite forgiving the first few times all in the name of “Nigeria”.

Nonsense.

Referendum is what we want, to be Black African proud, and not Nigger African slaves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NLCudNqVL8&t=784s

1 Like

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by ican2020: 6:05pm On Nov 13, 2018
when APC introduced hate propaganda to deceive Nigerians, Some of us were begging them to take it easy, but they refused.
See where it has landed us
Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by gidgiddy: 6:32pm On Nov 13, 2018
Modphase:
You shameless Igbo are always quick to shout where you are hurt. Did you not read in your history book what led to the killings of the Igbos you listed above.

Imagine Obi being slaughtered even though he is not yet a VP n his lifeless body being dragged by Hausa that killed him all over Abuja. Will you Igbos sit down for UN to do justice ?

That is what happened when hopeless Igbo slaughtered the Hausa prime minister and premier of both the Western n Northern region and dragged their lifeless body all over the capital in Lagos.

The killing of the Igbos was premeditated by the Igbos just like the killings of 2 millions Igbos was premeditated when Ojukwu declared Biafra. Always balance history when you write your lies.

1953, Kano- Hundreds of Igbos massacre

The two examples above were long before the 1966 coup. The killing of Igbos by Northerners has been a long running event

1 Like

Re: When Did We Allow Hate Take Over Us by 9japride(m): 1:37pm On Jan 21, 2019
Ifiokumo:

Don’t mind them. They want to punish the victim because the victim woke up to (re) discover they were raped and beaten AGAIN, despite forgiving the first few times all in the name of “Nigeria”.

Nonsense.

Referendum is what we want, to be Black African proud, and not Nigger African slaves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NLCudNqVL8&t=784s

[color=#006600][/color]
Very true, its the only way to move forward

(1) (Reply)

Army And The Need For Anti Psycho Pathological Help / Gov. Wike Meets Ronaldo, Ramos And Club Officials In Spain, Over Plans To Setup / How Do We Ensure We Don't Make Mistakes At The Polls Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.