Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually (18204 Views)

Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers / FG Seeks $5bn Chinese Loan For Mambilla Power Project / Breaking News:- India Offers Nigeria $5bn Line Of Credit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by StarPlayer: 9:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
Thieves
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by Beejayarts: 9:54pm On Jul 18, 2017
swiz123:
sell me your position
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by Ugoeze2016: 9:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
Yeye dey smell
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by truehero(m): 9:55pm On Jul 18, 2017
The same music we keep hearing again and again.
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by Fadiga24(m): 9:57pm On Jul 18, 2017
AntiWailer:
Stupid Govt

Extremely foolish leaders.

Later they will blame MTN and DSTV for reaping us off.

Who powers a mast with Generator and Diesel ? angry

Buhari and his team of nincompoops can not just Give us Power and Fight corruption.

We don't need any other thing to them.

The foolish masses will vote PDP back to power in 2019 and the same Atiku, Saraki will still be the bed rock of the party

Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by jericco1(m): 9:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
All they do is to give us stat and figures
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by Equiano: 9:59pm On Jul 18, 2017
Let him start with passing a bill which will stop the use of generators in National Assembly complex, government institutions and in the houses of all public servants, and see how fast they will fix the light problem of this country fast.
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by juman(m): 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2017
Despite we are not under servitude and not under occupation yet we cannot rule ourselves well.

Obviously another minister of power is needed.
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by dozymars(m): 10:06pm On Jul 18, 2017
Majority of Nigerians suffering in silence.

I don't use generator.

You can have a solar system and do without the generator.

Visit www.inverternigeria.com for more information.
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by juman(m): 10:07pm On Jul 18, 2017
APC are senseless people.
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jul 18, 2017
IT BEING 4DAYS NOW WITH UNINTERUPTED POWER HERE IN JOS(JOS SOUHT PRECISELY) WHICH IS UNPRECEDENTIAL.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by truthstands11: 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
I don't think you people can do anything positive about the electricity. We've lost faith in the present crop of Nigerian politicians. We need new leaders with great new visions to move us forward. We are tired.
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by swiz123(m): 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
Beejayarts:
sell me your position
wilingly...just 100 mtn recharge card will do
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 18, 2017
Shameless country. Spits
I can never accept Nigeria as my country. Never!!
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by Jflex07(m): 10:42pm On Jul 18, 2017
AntiWailer:
Stupid Govt

Buhari and his team of nincompoops can not just Give us Power and Fight corruption.

We don't need any other thing from them apart from those two.

The foolish masses will vote PDP back to power in 2019 and the same Atiku, Saraki will still be the bed rock of the party
your not far from the truth. They are both thieves although Apc is much more clueless
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by Afritop(m): 11:02pm On Jul 18, 2017
THEY TOOK AND RATION OUR ELECTICITY NOW THEY WANT TO TAKE AWAY OUR GENERATORS. 2 YEARS AGO THEY TOOK OUR TIGER GEN AWAY FROM US
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by yongg: 11:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
If I didn't know any better I would probably think that Nigeria spends way more than this estimated $5bn on generators.

The figures I was hearing some facility manager of a well known hotel call out for generating plant for barely a week was unnerving. Mind you, this was when there was no recession yet and oil prices where higher than the current.

Just wondering, did they consider the cost of the generator purchase and servicing as well?
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by cleanshaven(m): 11:34pm On Jul 18, 2017
okochaik:
Shameless country. Spits
I can never accept Nigeria as my country. Never!!
don't accept, we don't need you
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by holubee21(m): 12:07am On Jul 19, 2017
Since I was a kid in my 80s the condition of power in Nigeria never improved..I grew up to shout 'up nepa'..The 1990s generations came on board,I still heard them shout 'up nepa'..The millennium generations came in too ,they still shout same chorus with us till date....I seriously weep for this country...God will surely punish all these bad leaders. If a desert like UAE could be transformed to a beautiful city with little or no resources then how much more Nigeria with all the available resources.
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by banmee(m): 1:31am On Jul 19, 2017
AntiWailer:
Stupid Govt

We don't need any other thing from them apart from those two.

You guys haven't learnt your lessons yet hence you will continue to suffer. Does it matter which party leads the nation in the next regime. Are they not nigerians who make up the party? Are the members of APC not members of PDP at one time?
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by benjibabs(m): 2:37am On Jul 19, 2017
He explained that the lawmakers were reviewing some of Nigeria’s energy laws to provide appropriate legal framework that would facilitate the exploitation of renewable energy to the benefit of the economy.
According to him, power is arguably the single most important driver of the national economy.

Renewable energy? Seriously ? What is the problem with the non-renewable energy that we have now? What happened to all the money the present and last administrations pumped into providing constant electricity for this nation? What can be done to what we have presently to take us to where we desire to be? Does their exploring renewable energy mean that what we have today cannot be fixed? In short, what have they been doing in the electric sector for the past 20 - 40 years? If whatever they have been doing since all these years has not been working why have they not looked for alternative since? Our country is rich, we have great talents and we can even afford to pay the best expatriates to fix our electricity problems; so, what is stopping us?! angry
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by Ceekay212: 2:50am On Jul 19, 2017
ymee:
I swear it's a lie

����Meanwhile

Contact me for...your any of these
SERVICES
1. Desktop-publishing
2. Web designing/training
3. Home tutor
4. Online registration
5. Corporate training
6. Software Training
7. Graphics designing
8. systems repair, installation and troubleshooting etc
babs4realscience@yahoo.com
you claim to have all these skills but still looking for a job? Shame on you!
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by mike4real2(m): 3:21am On Jul 19, 2017
Actually nigeria produces 50,000mw of electricity daily

But with generators
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by Kasjudy(m): 5:26am On Jul 19, 2017

Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 19, 2017
All the winches for Ogun state need darkness to operate
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by Nobody: 6:03am On Jul 19, 2017
Since I was born and now, I can't remember having light like this, i praise God, GEJ for enabling privatization, Discos for a job well done and of course able minister of power oga Fash, may God bless you all

Now we dey pray make bill no too high grin
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by abdul123(m): 6:07am On Jul 19, 2017
China and India are dragging first and second position every single year on solar pòwer energy source with capacity strength of up to a 1000plus mega watts , our people dey hear dey look for The next solution to recovering the unstable 3000mega watts wey we get since when I was born. Just Google solar energy and imagine with it even cost this countries to generate solar power.
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by Nobody: 6:08am On Jul 19, 2017
swiz123:

www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/nigeria-spends-5bn-generators-annually/
Dogara did not mention the abundant amount of coal that can solve this our power problem! If you know him, tell him coal in Enugu alone can solve Nigeria's power problem in the shortest possible time. I am ready to consult if they need an expert on that.
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by Abba5800: 6:37am On Jul 19, 2017
At least power supply is stable for now unless you are not leaving in Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Spends $5bn On Generators Annually by sweetgala(m): 7:58am On Jul 19, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Buhari couldn't add a single Mega watt to what he met

What a shame , an absolute lack of knowledge does destroy the people.

The transmission capacity of Nigeria had been greatly increased over the last two years and there have been actions both financial and legislative to stimulate growth in the power sector.

The GEJ government did a poor job of privatisation (lead by the absent Engineer VP Sambo) the infrastructure was sold to GENCOs and DISCOs who had no proper evaluation, limited knowledge of the industry and inadequate injection of funds, the agreements were flawed and the process was opaque.

The only section of the power triangle the government held full control over was the transmission which had been greatly improved now the downstream sector of LNG and the GENCOs need to play their part

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Landlord Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Defiling Two Daughters Of Tenant / Attacks: We Won’t Leave Nigeria, Say Oil Firms / PDP Kwara Governorship Flag-off- Video And Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.