Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,612 members, 7,770,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:12 PM

I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) (4328 Views)

The Strange Snake We Killed This Morning / Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? / Photos Of Cobra Found In My Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Nobody: 3:32am On Jul 19, 2017
The worst part was that I had to hit it like 20times before it grew weak and it was just making hissing noises before it died. I'm very sure its poisonous isn't it?

Please those who have idea about its capabilities and what its called should please let me know. Thanks.

Cc:
Seun
lalasticlala
Obinoscopy
Fynestboi
Justwise
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe

Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by ochobaba(m): 3:43am On Jul 19, 2017
The thing looks like snake
Though I just woke up
Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by nextprince: 3:53am On Jul 19, 2017
thesicilian:
Looks like a centipede. Usually non poisonous.

4 Likes

Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Ebios(m): 4:06am On Jul 19, 2017
l also saw dis in my room in one cool night.l jumped n looked for somtin to hit it but nt none apart from my phone l was holding
l smashed it on it
n later burnt it
Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Nobody: 4:08am On Jul 19, 2017
thesicilian:
I doubt the poisonous part of it because we were told to always avoid it like a plague back then in secondary school days.

4 Likes

Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by bigtt76(f): 5:18am On Jul 19, 2017
Very poisonous! Maybe you're mistaking it for millipede undecided

thesicilian:

7 Likes

Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by jay2pee(m): 5:19am On Jul 19, 2017
That thing is more poisonous and deadly than scorpion

2 Likes

Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 19, 2017
And the Op have to mention all the mods because of one little centipede. undecided

13 Likes

Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 19, 2017
bigtt76:

U are highly correct

3 Likes

Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Tapout(m): 5:56am On Jul 19, 2017
ordinary centipede that's why a grown azz man who will have kids tomorrow is calling all the mods this early morning....you even called it massive angryangry you r the kind of dad who will follow his kids and run under the bed to hide should there be an emergency situation at home

5 Likes

Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 19, 2017
Tapout:
ordinary centipede that's why a grown azz man who will have kids tomorrow is calling all the mods this early morning....you even called it massive angryangry you r the kind of dad who will follow his kids and run under the bed to hide should there be an emergency situation at home
boss.. You have finish me chai... We quarell before?

These things are strange to me because all my life I've been in Lagos. Besides this community I am in IMO, they forbid killing of snake. Their lifestyle for here just tire me.

So make una no blame me too much abeg..

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by thesicilian: 6:12am On Jul 19, 2017
bigtt76:

Didn't know its poisonous o. Used to play with it back then. Edited.
Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 19, 2017
Wicked op. That thing is harmless

My siggy tho
Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by logadims: 6:16am On Jul 19, 2017
pinnket:
I'm a serving corper in IMO state and the noise of this thing hissing around my roomby 3am at night woke me up from deep sleep and I was shocked to see this massive creature coming close to my bed already... Na so I jump comot for untop bed oo.

The worst part was that I had to hit it like 20times before it grew weak and it was just making hissing noises before it died. I'm very sure its poisonous isn't it?

Please those who have idea about its capabilities and what its called should please let me know. Thanks.

Cc:
Seun
lalasticlala
Obinoscopy
Fynestboi
Justwise
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe

how did you know it's poisonous since you said you don't know it
Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Mynd44: 6:29am On Jul 19, 2017
Lets do some science.

1. I guess it is better to name it first. It is a centipede. You see that it has a pair of legs on each segment.

2. Please dont confuse poison with venom. Snakes are venomous. The question you want to ask is if this animal is venomous. Next time just use dangerous or harmful so you dont mix it up.

3. Yes, it is venomous and it can pass the venom into you via a bite.

4. The venom is not partifularly harmful except you have an allergy for insect venom. The venom is like that of a bee, does not do much harm.

5. This animal was basically not dangerous to you, you could have just used a broom and packer to throw it out safely into the bush. You just killed an innocent animal due to fear. Sad.

Okay, that's all

5 Likes

Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Mynd44: 6:31am On Jul 19, 2017
pinnket:

These things are strange to me because all my life I've been in Lagos. Besides this community I am in IMO, they forbid killing of snake. Their lifestyle for here just tire me.

They forbid killing a particular breed of snake which is python. These snakes are harmless anyway so why kill them?
Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Nobody: 6:31am On Jul 19, 2017
Mynd44 my guy gud morning saw u viewing.
to op na Biafrans send this thing for u
Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Mynd44: 6:32am On Jul 19, 2017
bigtt76:

Lmaoooo.

Centipedes are mildly venomous.

And it is venom not poison….yall need to differentiate

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by bigtt76(f): 7:02am On Jul 19, 2017
shocked Please read through this https://www.orkin.com/other/centipedes/what-is-the-difference-between-centipedes-millipedes/

Mynd44:

Lmaoooo.

Centipedes are mildly venomous.

And it is venom not poison….yall need to differentiate
Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 19, 2017
Mynd44:

They forbid killing a particular breed of snake which is python. These snakes are harmless anyway so why kill them?
harmless you say... Anyway I can't eleven kill one when I see it. Never seen a snake before though apart from Natgeo Wild. God won't let me come across any through out my stay here.

This little creature alone I killed is already giving me goosebumps. And I just wasted my beans this morning because it just couldn't leave my head and every crayfish in the beans keeps looking like what I killed at night embarassed embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 19, 2017
I killed the same last week.. Centipede
Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Mynd44: 7:16am On Jul 19, 2017
bigtt76:
shocked Please read through this https://www.orkin.com/other/centipedes/what-is-the-difference-between-centipedes-millipedes/

I dont know your reason for quoting me with that article

Did you miss this part?

"While centipedes sometimes bite humans, it is rare that their venom will produce a severe reaction. However, small children and those with other insect allergies should be watched carefully following a centipede bite. In the event of bite-related medical concerns, a medical professional should be contacted at once."

And yes that was from the link you posted

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by martinz1: 7:32am On Jul 19, 2017
Its not poisonous . It only move swiftly
Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by bigtt76(f): 7:33am On Jul 19, 2017
Did you also read this

Centipedes are carnivorous and kill their prey by injecting them with venom.

and this

Centipedes have maxillipeds with which they attack prey. These are the venomous modified legs of the centipede’s first segment and can be used in defense, as well. A centipede bite can kill small prey, but typically is not life threatening to humans

You're acting like those pastors that would only quote a particular part of the scripture just to favor their gains instead of quoting all. The same thing applies here ...yes the link claimed centipedes might not be harmful to humans but you never know how strong a particular human may be at any point in time and just a sting from a harmless ant would result in death even though it might be to another.

Mynd44:
I dont know your reason for quoting me with that article

Did you miss this part?

"While centipedes sometimes bite humans, it is rare that their venom will produce a severe reaction. However, small children and those with other insect allergies should be watched carefully following a centipede bite. In the event of bite-related medical concerns, a medical professional should be contacted at once."

And yes that was from the link you posted

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 19, 2017
you have escaped your village people
Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by master69(m): 9:01am On Jul 19, 2017
Also killed dat tin call centipede in my room too last week......i guess is because of d rain dey are looking for hiding and warm environment to stay.
Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Nobody: 9:19am On Jul 19, 2017
I killed this same creature, yesterday night.....hmm. It was coming close to my bed the moment I sighted it...
Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Shiitposter: 9:47am On Jul 19, 2017
Mynd44:
Lets do some science.

1. I guess it is better to name it first. It is a centipede. You see that it has a pair of legs on each segment.

2. Please dont confuse poison with venom. Snakes are venomous. The question you want to ask is if this animal is venomous. Next time just use dangerous or harmful so you dont mix it up.

3. Yes, it is venomous and it can pass the venom into you via a bite.

4. The venom is not partifularly harmful except you have an allergy for insect venom. The venom is like that of a bee, does not do much harm.

5. This animal was basically not dangerous to you, you could have just used a broom and packer to throw it out safely into the bush. You just killed an innocent animal due to fear. Sad.

Okay, that's all

Thans for this. Phewww, almost thought this thing i see almost every day is more dangerous than snake.

1 Like

Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Shiitposter: 9:49am On Jul 19, 2017
bigtt76:
Did you also read this

and this

You're acting like those pastors that would only quote a particular part of the scripture just to favor their gains instead of quoting all. The same thing applies here ...yes the link claimed centipedes might not be harmful to humans but you never know how strong a particular human may be at any point in time and just a sting from a harmless ant would result in death even though it might be to another.

Humas are not prey for centipede, brush up on your food chain. "Prey" in that context refers to lesser insects like you i imagine. wink

2 Likes

Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 19, 2017
centipede... extremely venomous. it can kill you by just walking on your skin. grin grin shocked shocked sad embarassed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: I Killed This Poisonous Thing In My Room By 3am And I Don't Know It's Name(pics) by Nobody: 10:24am On Jul 19, 2017
pinnket:

I am from imo no community forbids the killing of snake in Imo. its just a certain boab that is not harmful, going into extinction, very sluggish and is part of their folk tales that is kinda protected as a form of conservation of the specie. if not every other snake is killed. but if you kill that snake nothing will still happen to you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Largest Megaprojects And Constructions Around The World. / How To Clone SIM Card Using SIM Cloning Tool / Newest Fan Technology(bladeless) In Nigeria (distributors Wanted)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.