Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,915 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) (46186 Views)

A Farmer Killed Huge Python In His Farm In Rivers State (Photos) / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / Big Python I Killed In My Farm Today And What Has Become Of It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
shocked
Nothing to say.
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by spartan117(m): 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
B
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by goldenarrow: 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
kinibigdeal:

I also dont need you to mention me...Thank you

Peace be unto both of thee.
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by MetaPhysical: 6:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
kioboy:
One morning as I opened my my Poutry pen, I was greeted by a huge python inside my pen. about eight birds was lying on the floor dead, I was terrified and didn't know know how to approach this monster. funny enough boar here is untouchable, you can't kill it no matter what. it took partial destruction of my pen to get rid of it. upon that I have to seetle the boys that came for my rescue. so I started to look for best way to prevent it. I have tried carbide, desiel, sniper and fuel. but none could do it until I fenced the place with fish net.

Fish net is the only solution to keep at bay any unwanted reptile like snake even lizard.

In my case I have caught six pythons since then and released them back to their natural habitat, since is a forbidden animal here.

The primary purpose of writing this is to point out that old fish net discarded by fishermen can save your investment from incessant attack of snake.

Here are some pictures of the once I have caught sofar.

God bless you for preserving its life. You might not know this but if any harm was coming and one of those pythons is around they sense it...and they will guard it off without you even becoming aware of the danger or the protection. Thats what serpents do. They are connected into the spiritual realm and are natural shield against harm. This is why they were adopted as standard for medical practice.

2 Likes

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by just2endowed: 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2017
Nairaland no go kill me with laugh

1 Like

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by gogodaye(m): 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2017
Loyalblak007:
Why don't I believe you?

You don't need to.......The OP cannot do anything to these species of snakes because they are protected, worshipped and held to be dear to the riverine Ijaw folks of the sub-clans of the Nembe and Kalabari kingdoms as a totem god....

7 Likes

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Olayinka178(m): 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
really
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by seguno2: 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
kioboy:
One morning as I opened my my Poutry pen, I was greeted by a huge python inside my pen. about eight birds was lying on the floor dead, I was terrified and didn't know know how to approach this monster. funny enough boar here is untouchable, you can't kill it no matter what. it took partial destruction of my pen to get rid of it. upon that I have to seetle the boys that came for my rescue. so I started to look for best way to prevent it. I have tried carbide, desiel, sniper and fuel. but none could do it until I fenced the place with fish net.

Fish net is the only solution to keep at bay any unwanted reptile like snake even lizard.

In my case I have caught six pythons since then and released them back to their natural habitat, since is a forbidden animal here.

The primary purpose of writing this is to point out that old fish net discarded by fishermen can save your investment from incessant attack of snake.

Thanks for sharing your information with pictures.
Great.

1 Like

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by JimmySnow: 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2017
You ought to be working with National geographic Wild. You are a true son of the land. Animal protection is the key.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jul 19, 2017
dollytino4real:
my brother run before python swellow u and ur chicken one day

... *swallow ?
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2017
nwaanambra1:

bro is your farm located in anambra state? specifically Njikoka?

that's mostly were pythons are sacred and must not be killed.

we value and adore our pythons - our secret to huge wealth. bro just preserve or two of those pythons some where and be feeding it twice a week - your farm or whatever u touch will turn to great success! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Lol I schooled in nkpor-agu and pythons must not be killed there. The pythons usually visit our hostel then. You needed to see how everyone would run away. There was a girl who was expert in taking them away.

Imagine taking your morning bath and midway, you find a big python in the bathroom. Happened to one girl in my hostel and she cried bitterly that day grin

What's the reason why it's a Taboo to kill a Python??
We had so many theories then but the one I can remember is that the pythons helped them during a particular war lipsrsealed
I don't know if it's true

3 Likes

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by penta(m): 6:34pm On Jul 19, 2017
kioboy:

Innaa, am not understanding you you. cool cool cool
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 19, 2017
kioboy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mknjLWATm68

Nice video. The fish net really prevented the Python from attacking your livestock farm.

Which boy were you guys telling to go to school grin
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by 0b100100111: 6:39pm On Jul 19, 2017
nwaanambra1:

we value and adore our pythons - our secret to huge wealth. bro just preserve or two of those pythons some where and be feeding it twice a week - your farm or whatever u touch will turn to great success! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I gave 6 in my wardrobe for the past 6 months. Am yet to see a bundle of $100 bill
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by otswag(m): 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
Although i dont doubt that u really found a python in your poultry farm, I find it hard to believe that 8 birds were found dead. Pythons dont just go out on a killing spree for pleasure. They kill strictly to feed. They suffocate and injest their prey one at a time and once its had enough, it stops. Even if it killed more than 1 chicken, u wont see them lying around dead. It would have ingested all or be in the process of ingesting the last one when u discovered it. Well, wetin be my own sef. Make I mind my business... grin

2 Likes

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2017
Lala be like...

1 Like

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Josephamstrong1(m): 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2017
sad
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 19, 2017
Snake is always on FP.
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Josephamstrong1(m): 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2017
MetaPhysical:

God bless you for preserving its life. You might not know this but if any harm was coming and one of those pythons is around they sense it...and they will guard it off without you even becoming aware of the danger or the protection. Thats what serpents do. They are connected into the spiritual realm and are natural shield against harm. This is why they were adopted as standard for medical practice.

See any gods or thing whatsoever that cause lose isn't need to be kept.
The python killed 8 of his birds. How do you justify this? Ha!
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by zinny377(f): 6:46pm On Jul 19, 2017
shocked
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Lexusgs430: 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
kioboy:

Just kill the snakes....... This snakes would not play cat & mouse with your birds .......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by aklion: 6:47pm On Jul 19, 2017
This snake u let go so... Have ya any tot dat it may also kill someone else were eva it end up going too finally.
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Ezionye(f): 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2017
MetaPhysical:

shocked shocked

What won't I see on Nairaland

So those that attack and kill people are in which category?
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by DBossNG(m): 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2017
Nairaland and python!
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Josephamstrong1(m): 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2017
nwaanambra1:

This said python is costing him sm fortunes in his business.
Africa! When are we ever going to get it right?
If this works as presumed, then Njikoka should be kwn for their prowess in python hunting.
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by alid8788(m): 6:53pm On Jul 19, 2017
this is good meat
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by hisMrs(f): 6:53pm On Jul 19, 2017
U mean this thing was alive and u were snapping it?/
Hold on, it cannot b killed? shocked
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Josephamstrong1(m): 6:55pm On Jul 19, 2017
zinny377:
shocked

Lekwa haa undecided
Hope you recognised the lady inside the net?

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by bighugelongDCK9: 6:58pm On Jul 19, 2017
nembe girls dey Bleep like hell.
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by SirMichael1: 6:58pm On Jul 19, 2017
dollytino4real:
my brother run before python swellow u and ur chicken one day

A Python cannot swallow a fully grown man. The shoulders prevents that.

A Python's mouth cannot open wider that the breadth of a man's shoulder.

1 Like

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by etibaba(m): 7:02pm On Jul 19, 2017
SirMichael1:

A Python cannot swallow a fully grown man. The shoulders prevents that.

A Python's mouth cannot open wider that the breadth of a man's shoulder.
The theory of Python not being able to swallow an adult became a Fallacy March this year after it swallowed a grown man in Indonesia.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Day Old Chicks, Poults And Growing Birds Are For Sale In Ibadan / Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) / Eggs Crate/carton Are Available In Large Quantities At Very Cheap Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.