Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,041 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) (46187 Views)

A Farmer Killed Huge Python In His Farm In Rivers State (Photos) / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / Big Python I Killed In My Farm Today And What Has Become Of It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by kinibigdeal(m): 7:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
MetaPhysical:

God bless you for preserving its life. You might not know this but if any harm was coming and one of those pythons is around they sense it...and they will guard it off without you even becoming aware of the danger or the protection. Thats what serpents do. They are connected into the spiritual realm and are natural shield against harm. This is why they were adopted as standard for medical practice.

Is that the reason why those community descend so low to worship what they have dominion over?
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Phonefanatic: 7:06pm On Jul 19, 2017
My question is what happens when this pythons harm to kills someone?
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Ndkings1(m): 7:08pm On Jul 19, 2017
You should have killed it secretly. No fuss no muss. There's no animal I hate more than snakes.
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by QuietHammer(m): 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
MetaPhysical:

God bless you for preserving its life. You might not know this but if any harm was coming and one of those pythons is around they sense it...and they will guard it off without you even becoming aware of the danger or the protection. Thats what serpents do. They are connected into the spiritual realm and are natural shield against harm. This is why they were adopted as standard for medical practice.
Bullsh!t. Are you telling me that no harm has ever befallen anyone in communities where those slithering fvckers are worshipped? And as for the reason why it is eing used as the logo of medicine , really bro?
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by M2dX(m): 7:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
See better meat
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Abbotp: 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
kioboy:
One morning as I opened my my Poutry pen, I was greeted by a huge python inside my pen. about eight birds was lying on the floor dead, I was terrified and didn't know know how to approach this monster. funny enough boar here is untouchable, you can't kill it no matter what. it took partial destruction of my pen to get rid of it. upon that I have to seetle the boys that came for my rescue. so I started to look for best way to prevent it. I have tried carbide, desiel, sniper and fuel. but none could do it until I fenced the place with fish net.

Fish net is the only solution to keep at bay any unwanted reptile like snake even lizard.

In my case I have caught six pythons since then and released them back to their natural habitat, since is a forbidden animal here.

The primary purpose of writing this is to point out that old fish net discarded by fishermen can save your investment from incessant attack of snake.

Here are some pictures of the once I have caught sofar.
Great. Are you a corper? Nembe Basambiri or ogbolomambiri.
I taught in NNGS before
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by cococandy(f): 7:24pm On Jul 19, 2017
Love the Igbo you're speaking . Makes me miss home cry

2 Likes

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by excanny: 7:27pm On Jul 19, 2017
Idango:
In that community, are you sure that these pythons are not eating people ?

They rarely swallow humans . Tho if they come across a baby unattended to, they might be tempted to swallow it if hungry.

But swallow an adult, the rock python must be really really big.

But rock pythons(the ones in Africa)rarely eat humans.
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jul 19, 2017
kioboy:
One morning as I opened my my Poutry pen, I was greeted by a huge python inside my pen. about eight birds was lying on the floor dead, I was terrified and didn't know know how to approach this monster. funny enough boar here is untouchable, you can't kill it no matter what. it took partial destruction of my pen to get rid of it. upon that I have to seetle the boys that came for my rescue. so I started to look for best way to prevent it. I have tried carbide, desiel, sniper and fuel. but none could do it until I fenced the place with fish net.

Fish net is the only solution to keep at bay any unwanted reptile like snake even lizard.

In my case I have caught six pythons since then and released them back to their natural habitat, since is a forbidden animal here.

The primary purpose of writing this is to point out that old fish net discarded by fishermen can save your investment from incessant attack of snake.

Here are some pictures of the once I have caught sofar.
you catch this wicked thing and you no kill am? You just allow make the animal go scot free just because of some useless igbo tradition.
You Mumu ah swear
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 19, 2017
MetaPhysical:

oga you be real Mumu you no read the part that the python killed eight of his chickens?

Had it been it was me I'd have roasted the wicked creature.
Thunder fire igbo customs and idolatry
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2017
Jigba:

Lol I schooled in nkpor-agu and pythons must not be killed there. The pythons usually visit our hostel then. You needed to see how everyone would run away. There was a girl who was expert in taking them away.

Imagine taking your morning bath and midway, you find a big python in the bathroom. Happened to one girl in my hostel and she cried bitterly that day grin

What's the reason why it's a Taboo to kill a Python??
We had so many theories then but the one I can remember is that the pythons helped them during a particular war lipsrsealed
I don't know if it's true
n what if you kill it?
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 19, 2017
Phonefanatic:
My question is what happens when this pythons harm to kills someone?
they will surrender for it to kill you since it's their god or totem whatever.
Useless tradition
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 19, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
n what if you kill it?

Honestly I heard if you kill it, you would have to bury it like a Human. I really don't know the consequences if you don't do so
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by ebby9z(m): 8:22pm On Jul 19, 2017
Na snake matter una dey talk like this... sad I hate /fear those creatures like anything. I don't even wanna ever see any if them again in my life
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Phonefanatic: 8:33pm On Jul 19, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
they will surrender for it to kill you since it's their god or totem whatever.
Useless tradition

Sorry I won't buy into your idea of ridiculing someone else's traditions. I only asked to get a meaningful response.

2 Likes

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by hgnbello(m): 8:36pm On Jul 19, 2017
kinibigdeal:

He doesn't need your believe
grin
kinibigdeal:

He doesn't need your believe
hahhaha.. cmon man u jx hit him
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by SirMichael1: 8:43pm On Jul 19, 2017
etibaba:
The theory of Python not being able to swallow an adult became a Fallacy March this year after it swallowed a grown man in Indonesia.

Half way. It couldn't swallow him completely because of the shoulder
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by africanusvu(m): 8:44pm On Jul 19, 2017
ipobarecriminals:
that thing dey ruined ur business/livelihood and u are busy worship evil gods. Kill it,nothing go hapun.
.Mouth u dey make.two sacred belief in igboland they dnt kid with.EKE IDEMILI[ideilipython] and OSU CASTE.any igbo tells u he dnt respect this.is nt sincere
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Baroba(m): 8:56pm On Jul 19, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
oga you be real Mumu you no read the part that the python killed eight of his chickens?

Had it been it was me I'd have roasted the wicked creature.
Thunder fire igbo customs and idolatry

See as you don reach conclusion, I presume you are not Igbo; anyway according to the video the guy posted, he would have killed it if it was at night..He is based in Bayelsa state where it is a custom not to kill pythons.
A local girl have already seen the snake, and to avoid getting into trouble with the locals he had to let it go..

1 Like

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by zinny377(f): 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
Josephamstrong1:

Lekwa haa undecided
Hope you recognised the lady inside the net?

angry U have started again!
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by zinny377(f): 9:07pm On Jul 19, 2017
Josephamstrong1:

Lekwa haa undecided
Hope you recognised the lady inside the net?

angry U have started again...Distance? undecided
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by kioboy(m): 9:08pm On Jul 19, 2017
the main reason why I uploaded both the pictures and video here is for us to brainstorm on this and other safe method to stop unwanted reptiles in our farm. not to dwell on traditions sorounding this snake. many poultry farm may have close biz due to the fact of not having enough info to save their biz from such attack.

2 Likes

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by justmenoni: 9:18pm On Jul 19, 2017
Lalala lalala LA LA LA lalalala
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by etibaba(m): 9:19pm On Jul 19, 2017
SirMichael1:

Half way. It couldn't swallow him completely because of the shoulder
Halfway?

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by guiddoti: 9:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
whitebeard:
op why is the snake still alive..??
check Cambridge library or use Google search engine
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 19, 2017
nwaanambra1:

bro is your farm located in anambra state? specifically Njikoka?

that's mostly were pythons are sacred and must not be killed.

we value and adore our pythons - our secret to huge wealth. bro just preserve or two of those pythons some where and be feeding it twice a week - your farm or whatever u touch will turn to great success! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

But the pythons fit bite the guy na! Abi them go recognize the guy?
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by SirMichael1: 9:35pm On Jul 19, 2017
etibaba:
Halfway?

The pix doesn't show the snake completely as the head potion is not captured.

You could show me a link or a video.
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by kioboy(m): 9:35pm On Jul 19, 2017
otswag:
Although i dont doubt that u really found a python in your poultry farm, I find it hard to believe that 8 birds were found dead. Pythons dont just go out on a killing spree for pleasure. They kill strictly to feed. They suffocate and injest their prey one at a time and once its had enough, it stops. Even if it killed more than 1 chicken, u wont see them lying around dead. It would have ingested all or be in the process of ingesting the last one when u discovered it. Well, wetin be my own sef. Make I mind my business... grin

I was searching through my archive to see if I can get that old picture pictures I took that very day. then I stocked Noilers, it have already ingested two, if i get the pictures I will post it here and mention you. as an expert on python behavior, maybe you should do more research on why 8 died that night, what I wrote there is a fact and will show the pictures including the already ingested two that it later vomited out.
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by etibaba(m): 10:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
SirMichael1:

The pix doesn't show the snake completely as the head potion is not captured.
You could show me a link or a video.
Ok no o.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=583vjAM6Kg8
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by showmethemoney(m): 10:02pm On Jul 19, 2017
na sweet egusi bush meat you troway so
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by nwaanambra1(m): 10:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
0b100100111:

I gave 6 in my wardrobe for the past 6 months. Am yet to see a bundle of $100 bill

bro increase it to 60 and things will begin to happen for you! cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Day Old Chicks, Poults And Growing Birds Are For Sale In Ibadan / Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) / Eggs Crate/carton Are Available In Large Quantities At Very Cheap Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.