Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) (46189 Views)

A Farmer Killed Huge Python In His Farm In Rivers State (Photos) / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) / Big Python I Killed In My Farm Today And What Has Become Of It. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2017
Phonefanatic:

Sorry I won't buy into your idea of ridiculing someone else's traditions. I only asked to get a meaningful response.
then keep wallowing in ignorance.
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 19, 2017
Baroba:

See as you don reach conclusion, I presume you are not Igbo; anyway according to the video the guy posted, he would have killed it if it was at night..He is based in Bayelsa state where it is a custom not to kill pythons.
A local girl have already seen the snake, and to avoid getting into trouble with the locals he had to let it go..
did you watch the video?
They were just speaking one igbo dialect like that where I no even understand sef, after they'll want to include my state into their Biafra land. TUFIAKWA
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by gozzlin: 10:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
nwaanambra1:

bro is your farm located in anambra state? specifically Njikoka?

that's mostly were pythons are sacred and must not be killed.

we value and adore our pythons - our secret to huge wealth. bro just preserve or two of those pythons some where and be feeding it twice a week - your farm or whatever u touch will turn to great success! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

You're most certainly not nwa Anambra. Who told you Njikoka people revere python? I'm from Njikoka and we do not revere pythons.

For your information, only Idemmili people revere python and see them as sacred.
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by nwaanambra1(m): 12:23am On Jul 20, 2017
gozzlin:

You're most certainly not nwa Anambra. Who told you Njikoka people revere python? I'm from Njikoka and we do not revere pythons.

For your information, only Idemmili people revere python and see them as sacred.

this guy is definitely not from anambra and obviously NOT FROM NJIKOKA! or maybe he is one of the nevercomehomes!

nwanimo1 pls come and answer dis guy.
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:15am On Jul 20, 2017
Josephamstrong1:

See any gods or thing whatsoever that cause lose isn't need to be kept.
The python killed 8 of his birds. How do you justify this? Ha!

Python acts on instinct. are you also an animal or a human that can reason.

u kill one python today more will follow. unnecessary bloodshed is pointless. respect nature.

1 Like

Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:16am On Jul 20, 2017
kinibigdeal:

Is that the reason why those community descend so low to worship what they have dominion over?

shut your mouth you dead jews worshipper.
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Baroba(m): 4:24am On Jul 20, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
did you watch the video?
They were just speaking one igbo dialect like that where I no even understand sef, after they'll want to include my state into their Biafra land. TUFIAKWA

Yes I watched it, hence my interpretation; Their dialect is central and easy for any Igbo speaking person to understand.. This has nothing to do with Biafra, you dont even know OP's view when it comes to that.. He just happens to have his poultry in a town were pythons are sacred.. Its the Nembe's people of Bayelsa's culture / belief and should be respected..

On a side note, as hard as it is for most Nigerians to believe, Pythons are not dangerous, they are not venomous..
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by linearity: 5:28am On Jul 20, 2017
Ezionye:

shocked shocked

What won't I see on Nairaland

So those that attack and kill people are in which category?

In these communities where they are reverend, the pythons don't attack humans.

I haven never heard one story of eke idemili (as they are called) attack humans, even kids.
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by holusormi(m): 6:33am On Jul 20, 2017
MetaPhysical:

God bless you for preserving its life. You might not know this but if any harm was coming and one of those pythons is around they sense it...and they will guard it off without you even becoming aware of the danger or the protection. Thats what serpents do. They are connected into the spiritual realm and are natural shield against harm. This is why they were adopted as standard for medical practice.

Lmao , this one is strong , eleyi gidi gan ooo ... Serpents protects you in the spiritual , oh my days grin grin grin
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by otswag(m): 6:43am On Jul 20, 2017
kioboy:

I was searching through my archive to see if I can get that old picture pictures I took that very day. then I stocked Noilers, it have already ingested two, if i get the pictures I will post it here and emotion you. as an expert on python behavior, maybe you should do more research on why 8 died that night, what I wrote there is a fact and will show the pictures including the already ingested two that it later vomited out.
okay. if u say so bro
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by joinnow: 7:40am On Jul 20, 2017
Fish net is the only solution to keep at bay any unwanted reptile like snake even lizard

For those lizard is disturbing just get a feather of peacock and hang it where lizard will see it.
No more lizard will visit u.
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by Myself2(m): 7:58am On Jul 20, 2017
taylor88:
shopphoto

See the YouTube feed, it's not photoshop
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by tico1212(m): 9:03am On Jul 20, 2017
Op should have donate it to a zoo in his name..
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:15am On Jul 20, 2017
If that Python harm someone to death, the blood of that person will be in your hands.

How can you release such calamity back to where humans reside?

Is your farm located in a thick forest?

What if the Python had bitten someone ?
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by marv1: 11:51am On Jul 20, 2017
kioboy:

lol you mean I should start worshipping this creature so that I will prosper? odikwa egwu o. my brother my prosperity is already secured in the hand of almighty God, thanks for your advice. farm is located in Bayelsa state (NEMBE KINGDOM as whole worship python too)
sparing them is to avoid unnecessary clash with my host community, if not I see it as every other animal that god created, he commanded us to kill and eat and give thanks to him alone.
nothing godly in a reptile.

Please do these reptiles (snakes) attack you people in the farm when you go out especially when you step on them unknowingly.?
Have you people in that village experienced snake bite before
Re: Caught Python Alive In My Farm In Nembe, Bayelsa State (Photos, Video) by feran15(m): 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2017
kioboy:
please iam here to point out the effectiveness of fish net o, nothing else. if you watch that video you will understand my point. sometimes ago someone opened a thread on how to control snake attack, then I replied and told him to use fish net but I didn't have time to post pictures to support it.

please where did you get your nets and how much do they cost?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Day Old Chicks, Poults And Growing Birds Are For Sale In Ibadan / Nigerian Man In USA Harvests Okro From His Farm, Advises Nigerians (Pics) / Eggs Crate/carton Are Available In Large Quantities At Very Cheap Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.