Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,277 members, 7,867,727 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:31 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (252858 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 9:04am On Aug 30, 2013
Anchor Your Life On His Word · Friday, August 30th

Pastor Anita

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall
not pass away (Matthew 24:35).

God’s Word is the guaranteed change- agent that can transform you from glory to glory. Whatever positive change you desire in life is possible; you don’t have to
cry about it; turn to the Word. Find out what the Word says concerning what you’re dealing with and then begin to
meditate. 1 Timothy 4:15 tells us the inevitable result of
meditating on the Word—your success and prosperity
will be evident: "Meditate upon these things; give thyself
wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all."

Many in the world today live in fear, following the
uncertain global economic situation; that’s because their
lives aren’t anchored on God’s eternal Word. When your
life is anchored on the Word, nothing moves you. When
men are cast down, whining and griping about the
problems in the world, you’re unperturbed.

Job 22:29 says, "When men are cast down, then thou
shalt say, There is lifting up…." In other words, when
your life is anchored on the Word, you’re like a tree
that’s planted by the waters— forever nourished! You
don’t know when heat comes; you’re ever radiant,
productive, and excelling from glory to glory. Your
success and prosperity aren’t in the hands of any
government; neither are they determined by the
vagaries of the world’s economy or changeable human
opinions. True success and prosperity are based on the
Word.

If you desire a life of continuous progress and ever-
increasing glory; a life that’s safe, stable and assured;
you have to keep living in the Word. Study and meditate
on the Word always. Avail yourself the opportunity to
hear the Word through every available medium. If you
listen well and long enough, the Word will mingle with
your spirit, giving you an extraordinary mind-set of
excellence, dominion, victory, success and greatness.

Confession
The Word of God is my life; therefore, it’s natural
for me to live in, and by the Word. My profiting
through the Word is manifest to all! As I put the
Word to work today, I’m metamorphosed into the
glory that I behold in the Word, and I’m filled with
all the fullness of God. Glory to God!

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Acts 20:32; James 1:23-25;
Psalms 119:89

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Proverbs 3-4 1 Corinthians 14
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 19:41-48 1 Samuel 18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:10am On Aug 31, 2013
The Entrance Of His Word! · Saturday, August 31st
·
Pastor Chris

The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth
understanding unto the simple (Psalm 119:130).

The verse above doesn’t say that the Word gives light, but that ‘the entrance of the Word gives light.’ It’s your
responsibility to allow God’s Word entrance into your heart—your spirit. The Word of God has the ability to nourish and build you up spiritually, physically and mentally: "And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified" (Acts 20:32).

In addition, when the Word gains the mastery over your
life, it washes, purifies, and cleanses your spirit, ridding
it of fear, doubt, and guilt. The Word in you will give you
the right mind-set—the mind-set of the righteous.
Romans 12:2 tells us how to experience supernatural transformation by the Word: "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and
acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

As you assimilate God’s Word into you, the Word mingles
with your Spirit, making you what it talks about. Some
Christians tend to appraise their spiritual growth in
terms of how long they’ve been born again. Well, you
may have been a Christian for twenty years, that’s not
what transforms your life! The Word of God in your
spirit is what transforms your life and takes you from
one level of glory to a higher level. Settle your heart on
the Word today, and watch yourself transformed from
glory to glory.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the blessing of
your Word; with joy, faith and meekness I receive
into my spirit your engrafted Word that’s able to
transform me from glory to glory, and the power of
your Spirit to keep me in the centre of your perfect
will, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y:

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Proverbs 5-7 1 Corinthians 15:1-34
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 20:1-8 1 Samuel 19

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:08am On Sep 01, 2013
The "Epignosis" Of Him · Sunday, September 1st ·

Pastor Chris

According as his divine power hath given unto us all
things that pertain unto life and godliness, through
the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and
virtue (2 Peter 1:3).

The word "knowledge" in the verse above is the Greek "epignosis," and it means exact or precise knowledge; full
knowledge with intimacy. It means full comprehension, recognition, or perception; to become fully acquainted with God. This is the knowledge He seeks for us to have of Him. Our opening verse says, we’ve been called to glory and virtue; that means a life of glory, honour, dignity and excellence; but notice how this life works: it’s through the knowledge—"epignosis" of Him.

The Holy Spirit, through the Apostle Paul, shows us how
to get this knowledge of God in His prayer for the
Church: " That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the
Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom
and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of
your understanding being enlightened…" (Ephesians
1:17-18). What does this mean?
He’s saying that as you get to know God through this
kind of special relationship or acquaintance, He’ll grant
you insight into reality. Yes, God has appointed you to a
life of honour, dignity, and excellence, but as you learn
about Him, as you meditate on the Word, secrets about
this life, and how to walk in the reality of it are unveiled
to you.

It reminds of yet another powerful truth in 2 Peter 1:2:
"Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the
knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord." Again, the
word translated knowledge here is "epignosis." So, in
addition to a life of honour, dignity, and excellence,
grace and peace can be multiplied in your life as you
meditate on the Word of God.

Prayer
Through fellowship with the Word, I’m brought into
an esoteric knowledge of God, and of the Lord Jesus.
I have full discernment and understanding of divine
realities because the eyes of my spirit have been
flooded with light, to know the hope of my calling and
the glory of God’s inheritance in the saints, in Jesus’
Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 2 Peter 3:18; Philemon 1:5-6

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Corinthians 15:35-58, Proverbs
8-9
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 20:9-18, 1 Samuel 20
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:37am On Sep 02, 2013
Strength And Beauty Are In His Temple" · Monday, September 2nd 

Pastor Chris

Honour and majesty surround him: strength and beauty are in his Temple (Psalm 96:6 TLB).

Inspired by his love for the Lord, David wished to build Him a magnificent temples. However, the Lord didn’t let him build the temple, because he (David) was a man of war; rather, it was his son, Solomon, who eventually built the temple. Nonetheless, David made elaborate plans and detailed arrangements for the building of the temple: he laid aside lots of gold and silver to be used in building "God’s house." Why? The answer is what we read in our opening verse: "strength and beauty are in His temple."

Howbeit, Luke’s account of Stephen’s defence of the Gospel before the high priest in Acts 7:48 reveals a striking thought. It says, "…the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands…." 1 Corinthians 6:19 says, "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?" You’re the temple of the Holy Spirit; and if strength and beauty are in His temple, then strength and beauty are in you! Praise God!

This is why it’s so important for us to keep winning souls, because every human being that is won to Christ becomes His temple. Beyond that, every individual Christian—everyone that has come to Christ—is a part of the great temple of God; the mystical body of Christ: "Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular" (1 Corinthians 12:27). As members of that body, we’re being built by the Word into a magnificent temple, Jesus Christ Himself, being the chief corner stone (Ephesians 2:20).

Prayer
  Dear Father, thank you for making me an effective soul winner, building lives with your Word into a magnificent temple, where your glory, majesty and honour can be displayed for the world to see, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Ephesians 2:19-22

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Corinthians 16:1-24, Proverbs 10-112 Year Reading Plan : Luke 20:19-26, 1 Samuel 21

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:36am On Sep 03, 2013
Relationship And Fellowship · Tuesday, September 3rd
·
Pastor Anita

That which we have seen and heard declare we unto
you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and
truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his
Son Jesus Christ (1 John 1:3).

The story Jesus told in Luke 15:11-27 about the man who had two sons, gives us a better understanding of the difference between relationship and fellowship. Even though the young lad left home, and ended up in abject penury, he was still his father’s son! The father-and-son
relationship wasn’t destroyed; however, there was no fellowship. When he finally came to himself, and decided to return home, his father welcomed him back gladly (read Luke 15:11-27).

That’s just the way of some Christians: they have a relationship with God because they came to the Father
in the Name of the Lord Jesus, received salvation, and
became God’s children. However, they’re not in fellowship with Him. They have no time to pray, study, and meditate on the Word; they’re not "walking with God." It’s like having a child: you give birth to the child once, and that child becomes your son or daughter; that relationship is established once; but fellowship is built overtime.

There’re blessings that are based on a relationship, and there’re blessings that are based on fellowship. For example, Romans 12:3 tells us that God has given to every man the measure of faith. Each one of us was blessed with the required seed of faith when we received salvation. Nevertheless, for that faith to grow; for you to function in the greater levels of faith, there’s got to be fellowship. The more you fellowship with the Word and the Holy Spirit, and put your faith to work, the greater your faith grows, and the more experience you’d have in the things of God.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for bringing me into oneness with you. I’m glad that not only am I in relationship with you, being born of you, I’m also in a blessed fellowship with you, and my faith is growing from strength to strength in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 John 1:7; 1 Corinthians 1:9

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Corinthians 1-2:1-4, Proverbs 12-13
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 20:27-38 1 Samuel 22

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:48am On Sep 04, 2013
The "Veil" Removed · Wednesday, September 4th ·

Pastor Chris

But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away. Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (2 Corinthians 3:15-17).

When men don’t understand the Word of God, it’s because there’s a veil covering their hearts. It’s like what happened with the Law of Moses, in the Old Testament:
the children of Israel couldn’t see the glory beyond the veil. Our opening verse tells us that even until this day, when "Moses," that is, "the Law," is read, that veil is still
present; it’s only taken away in Christ. In other words, when you received salvation in accordance with Romans 10:9, the Lordship of Jesus destroyed the power of darkness over your life and took away the veil from your heart.

At the New Birth, you were catapulted into the Kingdom of Light; the Kingdom of God’s dear Son. Colossians 1:12-13 says, "Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son."

The Holy Spirit accomplished this in your life when He baptized you into Christ: "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body…" (1 Corinthians 12:13); that body is Christ. Christ is "Light"; so upon the New Birth, the Holy Spirit baptized you into the "Light," and you became awakened to the Fatherhood of God. Thus was the veil removed from your heart to walk in the light of God, and understand spiritual realities.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for making me a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in light! I pray for the salvation of souls all over the world today; I rebuke the prince of the power of the air, and break his dominion over men’s lives, so that the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ might shine in their hearts, bringing them salvation, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Ephesians 2:4; Colossian 1:12

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Corinthians 2:5-3:1-6, Proverbs 14-15
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 20:39-47 1 Samuel 23
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:51am On Sep 04, 2013

Pastor Chris

But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the veil shall be taken away. Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (2 Corinthians 3:15-17).

When men don’t understand the Word of God, it’s because there’s a veil covering their hearts. It’s like what happened with the Law of Moses, in the Old Testament:
the children of Israel couldn’t see the glory beyond the veil. Our opening verse tells us that even until this day, when "Moses," that is, "the Law," is read, that veil is still
present; it’s only taken away in Christ. In other words, when you received salvation in accordance with Romans 10:9, the Lordship of Jesus destroyed the power of darkness over your life and took away the veil from your heart.

At the New Birth, you were catapulted into the Kingdom of Light; the Kingdom of God’s dear Son. Colossians 1:12-13 says, "Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son."

The Holy Spirit accomplished this in your life when He baptized you into Christ: "For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body…" (1 Corinthians 12:13); that body is Christ. Christ is "Light"; so upon the New Birth, the Holy Spirit baptized you into the "Light," and you became awakened to the Fatherhood of God. Thus was the veil removed from your heart to walk in the light of God, and understand spiritual realities.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for making me a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in light! I pray for the salvation of souls all over the world today; I rebuke the prince of the power of the air, and break his dominion over men’s lives, so that the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ might shine in their hearts, bringing them salvation, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Daily Scripture Reading

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:51am On Sep 04, 2013

Pastor Chris

Prayer

Daily Scripture Reading

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:53am On Sep 04, 2013

Pastor Chris

Prayer

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Kenny4lyfe(m): 2:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
Glorious day bro. Gombs grin
Don't you think it's high time we opened a thread for Reachout Nigeria RON 2013: Celebrating Our Possibilities?
Let's give people a platform to share their expectations and experience! grin grin grin
Please reply!

You're blessed! grin
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:59pm On Sep 04, 2013
Kenny4lyfe: Glorious day bro. Gombs grin
Don't you think it's high time we opened a thread for Reachout Nigeria RON 2013: Celebrating Our Possibilities?
Let's give people a platform to share their expectations and experience! grin grin grin
Please reply!

You're blessed! grin

Done

www.nairaland.com/1425664/reachout-nigeria-2013#17896054

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:28am On Sep 05, 2013
The Need For Self-evaluation · Thursday, September
5th

Pastor Chris

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you…? (2 Corinthians 13:5).

Everyone is the expression of what he or she believes. Your daily life is the loudest voice that gives expression to your belief. As a Christian, therefore, it’s easy for you
to review what you truly believe, and determine whether or not you’re living the authentic Christian life by examining your own life. "What kind of life am I living?" "What have I been like?" "How is the love of God expressed through me?" "How has the Word affected my communication, to manifest the Kingdom of God in humility and in righteousness?"
Have you been putting the Word to work, so the Word
can keep producing results in you? Have you surrendered your will and emotions to the Lordship of the Word? Are you a man or woman of your words? Ponder on these thoughts from time to time as you evaluate your life with the sole purpose of improving the excellence of your character.

There’re people who don’t realize the importance of
being a man or woman of their words; their words don’t
mean anything to them. That’s unfortunate, because the
greatest gift given to man, in his natural life, is the gift
of words; the ability to express himself in words. Your inner personality, the excellence and integrity of your character, are revealed through your words; hence, your
words should be your bond.

The Lord Jesus said, ‘by your words you shall be justified and by your words you shall be condemned’ (Matthew 12:37). One of the ways the world around you can see Jesus in you is through your character, which is often expressed in your words; therefore, maintain godly communication every time and everywhere.

Prayer
I thank you, Father, for giving me your Word, which
gives me the right mind-set and excellent character.
My life is the reflection of your grace, love, truth,
and righteousness, as I live to your glory, in the
Lordship of your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Acts 24:16; Matthew
12:36-37

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Corinthians 3:7-4:1-18, Proverbs
16-17
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 21:1-9 1 Samuel 24

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:17am On Sep 06, 2013
Righteousness And Life...Through The Gospel · Friday, September 6th 

Pastor Anita

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith… (Romans 1:16-17).

From our opening verse we observe that first, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that is, the Word of God concerning Jesus Christ, and the salvation that He brought, is the power of God to save men. His power, to bring those who believe out of sin, into the life of righteousness, is encapsulated in the Gospel of His grace. Secondly, His righteousness is also revealed in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Meaning that, there’s no other way to learn about, receive or understand the righteousness of God outside the Gospel.

Then in 2 Timothy 1:10, the Apostle Paul shares another beautiful thought: through the Gospel, life and immortality have been brought to light. What kind of life is he referring to? It’s the God-type of life; the life that makes men sons of God: "…and this life is in His Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life" (1 John 5:11-12).

This is the overcoming life that makes us superior to Satan, darkness, disease, sickness, failure, defeat, and death; it’s a life that’s not subject to poverty. This transcendent life, along with the gift of righteousness, was delivered to us in Christ, through the Gospel.

Confession
  The transcendent life of God and the supernatural effect of His righteousness are working vitally in my spirit, soul, and body! I experience growth, development, progress, deliverance, prosperity, and health because I’m walking in the reality of who I am in Christ, taking full advantage of His grace and awesome presence in my life. Glory to God!

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 2 Timothy 1:10; Proverbs 4:20-22

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Corinthians 5:1-6:1-2, Proverbs 18-19
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 21:10-19, 1 Samuel 25

3 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by ukotmi: 12:25pm On Sep 06, 2013
Bless Gombs for the daily update of ROR. Your update is of great help for people who could not have access to ROR in other formats. But where is Mabell,the original creator of this thread? Did she hand over to you or you saw a need and decided to meet that need.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:24pm On Sep 06, 2013
ukotmi: Bless Gombs for the daily update of ROR. Your update is of great help for people who could not have access to ROR in other formats. But where is Mabell,the original creator of this thread? Did she hand over to you or you saw a need and decided to meet that need.

Thank you sir...

Don't knw abt mabell's whereabout, she didn't hand over the thread to me, I saw a need and decided to meet it...I used to come here whenever I cnt find rhapsody in my environs to buy. Esp in d village I served...then all of a sudden she stopped posting them. At first I tot she got tired or something, it went on for a while, and after serving, I decided to continue from where she stopped.

I got inspired by her daily posts and believe me, no be beans grin
Waking up, preparing for work, MTN network, nepa and low battery, plus I still have to send via whatsapp and facebook. On facebook I have about 10readers on whatsapp, I have almost 50. All are of which are non CEC brethren, and they pressure me daily if I don't send it before 8am cos they too have their own readers who are growing daily. Its a huge responsibility I can't waver nor cower on, if for nothing, for their spirit sakes

The point is for the Word to keeping moving forward and changing mindsets and religious strongholds IJN.

Thanks for the prayer sir, it means a lot to me.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:00am On Sep 07, 2013
Living Out His Righteousness · Saturday, September
7th ·

Pastor Chris

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no
sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God
in him (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Being born again, you have the nature and
life of God; righteousness has become the
character of your spirit. The ability to be
right, and to do right—the ability to
perform righteousness—is inherent in your
spirit. You’re now required to live that life
of righteousness from inside out; you’re to
live out that character; the nature of rightness that God
has given you! He wants it formed in you, and evident on
the outside.

It’s like when a child is born; that child is
characteristically human; but he starts building and
developing his innate human characteristics through
knowledge and information. In the same way, as a child
of God, though you’re the righteousness of God, you
need to grow and mature in the knowledge of God. You
need to become skilful in the doctrine of righteousness.
Hebrews 5:13 says, "For every one that useth milk is
unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe."
A child who is not taught to walk, may never walk; not
because he doesn’t have the ability to walk, but because
he was never taught.

Likewise, for you to become thoroughly established in
the doctrine of righteousness, you must be taught the
Word. You must be a committed member in a local
Church. In Church, apart from fellowship and all the
other beautiful things that take place, you’re taught how
to live the life of righteousness, which you’ve received in
Christ Jesus. You’re instructed, through the Scriptures,
how to live out the righteousness of God that’s in your
spirit.
As you live out that righteousness, many will witness the
perfection and inner-beauty of divinity in you; God’s
nature of rightness, excellence, and perfection will be
manifested in you.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the life of
righteousness which you’ve given me in Christ Jesus;
that righteousness has brought perfection and
excellence into my life, enabling me to live and do
right, to the glory of Christ who lives in me, in Jesus’
Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 5:17; Romans 3:21-22

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Corinthians 6:3-7:1, Proverbs
20-21
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 21:20-28, 1 Samuel 26

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Lordlexy: 10:08am On Sep 07, 2013
Gombs:

Thank you sir...

Don't knw abt mabell's whereabout, she didn't hand over the thread to me, I saw a need and decided to meet it...I used to come here whenever I cnt find rhapsody in my environs to buy. Esp in d village I served...then all of a sudden she stopped posting them. At first I tot she got tired or something, it went on for a while, and after serving, I decided to continue from where she stopped.

I got inspired by her daily posts and believe me, no be beans grin
Waking up, preparing for work, MTN network, nepa and low battery, plus I still have to send via whatsapp and facebook. On facebook I have about 10readers on whatsapp, I have almost 50. All are of which are non CEC brethren, and they pressure me daily if I don't send it before 8am cos they too have their own readers who are growing daily. Its a huge responsibility I can't waver nor cower on, if for nothing, for their spirit sakes

The point is for the Word to keeping moving forward and changing mindsets and religious strongholds IJN.

Thanks for the prayer sir, it means a lot to me.

Cheers!
Gombs, God richly bless and strengthens you for this wonderful work of spreading the glad tiding. I understand all the challenges, but is there any way i can be of help?
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2013
Lordlexy: Gombs, God richly bless and strengthens you for this wonderful work of spreading the glad tiding. I understand all the challenges, but is there any way i can be of help?

Umm get more readers to view this page daily and MB won't be a badt idea tho grin , I got a tab from an MOG God sent my way (I asked God for a berra phone to make the work easier n He sent a tab via d MOG), so...airtel MBs won't be badt... grin

In all, tnks for d prayer...and thanks for offering to be a partner in the propagation of the Gospel of Christ.

For now, no much stress I can't handle, my BB is doing everything just fine.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:50am On Sep 08, 2013
Wisdom, Knowledge, And Understanding · Sunday,
September 8th

Pastor Chris

Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established: And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches (Proverbs 24:3-4).

Our theme verse highlights wisdom, understanding, and knowledge as three vital ingredients needed for building a
successful life. It says with wisdom, a "house" is built; that house could be likened to your life, business, career, or
family. It goes further to say that the "house," once built, is established by understanding; and then by knowledge, you bring riches into it.

Often, you find people whose lives are, as it were, out of joint; they’re frustrated and unhappy, for the simple reason that they lack wisdom. Some others have things going on well with them, perhaps, in their job or career,
but they’re unfulfilled because their families are disorientated. Why? Because they lack understanding;
it’s with understanding that a family is established and
made strong. They had enough wisdom to start the family, but lacked the understanding to establish it.

Some others have enough wisdom and understanding to
organize their families or businesses aright, but lack the
requisite knowledge of how to make consistent progress
from glory to glory. Wisdom, understanding, and knowledge must go together; they’re needed for a life of all-round success, prosperity, and fulfilment.
Proverbs 4:7 tells us that wisdom is the principal thing;
it’s your capital: "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding." Notice it didn’t stop at enjoining us to embrace wisdom; it goes further to say, "…with all thy getting get understanding," letting you know that understanding is just as important.

Then in Proverbs 15:5, we’re cautioned not to despise knowledge; it says, the one who ignores knowledge is a fool. Wisdom, knowledge, and understanding come to you through the Word: "For the Lord giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding" (Proverbs 2:6). You need all three to be effective, and to live the extraordinary life of success, dominion, victory, and excellence that God has ordained for you.

Prayer
I thank you, dear heavenly Father, for granting me the Spirit of wisdom, understanding, and knowledge, which enables me to deal excellently in the affairs of life. I’m living the God-life to the full, growing in grace, and increasing in wisdom and understanding, by the Spirit, and through the knowledge of your Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y:Proverbs 8:1-14

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Corinthians 7:2-16, Proverbs
22-23
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 21:29-38 1 Samuel 27

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:22am On Sep 09, 2013
Express Your Faith · Monday, September 9th

Pastor Chris

…And this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith (1 John 5:4).

To take advantage of God’s extraordinary power in overcoming life’s adversities, you must learn to express your faith. Our faith is the victory that overcomes the world. However, faith, not expressed, will not prevail. Faith without corresponding action is of no effect: "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also" (James 2:17 & 26).

You express your faith in words and actions. An example of this is seen in Mark 10:46-52, where the story is told of a blind man, named Bartimaeus, who repeatedly cried out to Jesus to have mercy on him. Naturally, you would have expected the Lord Jesus to approach him and heal him of his blindness right away; but that’s not what He did! Rather, when He came face-to-face with the blind man, He asked him, "What do you want me to do for you?"

Didn’t the Lord see that he was blind? Yes, but at the same time, He wasn’t going to assume anything. When you study the ministry of Jesus, you’ll discover He always wanted people to express their faith. Even though it was obvious Bartimaeus was blind, Jesus still wanted him to express his faith as the point of contact for his miracle. In response, the blind man said, "I want to receive my sight." Having said that, the Lord went ahead and healed him.

Don’t cry or complain to God about your situation; express your faith! Jesus said, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you can tell a mountain to move, and it’ll obey you. In other words, you’re supposed to do something with your faith; if you express your faith, nothing shall be impossible unto you (Matthew 17:20).

Act on the Word today, for faith is action added to the Word. Each time you pray, rejoice like someone that has received. Some rejoice, so they’ll receive; that’s not faith. Faith rejoices, knowing it has received! Express your faith by believing God’s Word, and then talk and act accordingly.

Confession  My faith is growing and prevailing, producing greater results as I put it to work. The forces of righteousness, success, divine health, victory, and prosperity are activated in my life as I live in God’s Word, guided and inspired by divine wisdom to fulfil God’s perfect will for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Mark 11:22-24; James 2:16-17

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Corinthians 8-9, Proverbs 24-26

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 22:1-13, 1 Samuel 28

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:51am On Sep 10, 2013
Preach The Gospel Without Fear! · Tuesday, September 10th

Pastor Chris

…Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city (Acts 18:9-10).

There’re millions of people in different countries around the world who have never heard the Gospel. This is mainly because, in many of these countries, the authorities have used the weapon of fear, persecution and intimidation to suppress and prevent the preaching of the Gospel. Acts 4:12 tells us, "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." We must therefore continue to preach the Gospel without fear, knowing that there’s no alternative to salvation.

No amount of intimidation in this world should shake and prevent you from preaching the Gospel once your faith is firmly rooted in the Word. Our God is the God of the universe; He owns the whole world and has all power. He’s your defence; therefore, no power or authority in this world can hurt or harm you for preaching the Gospel.

Moses fearlessly confronted Pharaoh with God’s message, yet Pharaoh couldn’t kill him, even though he had the "political might" to have ordered Moses’ execution. Why couldn’t he? Moses was on a mission from the Lord, and his understanding of the importance of that mission, made him fearless. The Lord protects you as a soul winner. Recall what we read in our opening verse. The Lord is comforting you today with the same words, urging you on, and to remain unflinching in the propagation of the Gospel.

Don’t let the fear of man or of any government hold you back from believing and preaching the Gospel as you should. The Gospel must be taken to the unreached everywhere in the world. In achieving this, we must remain fearless, knowing that we’re functioning under the mandate of Him whose Name is greater than any institution, authority, rulership, or power.

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for your Spirit who causes me to walk in your perfect will, and in the consciousness of my responsibility as a minister of reconciliation. I pray for many around the world today, living in regions with hostile legislation to the Gospel, that the dominion of your Spirit will be stirred in them to affirm your Word fearlessly, and in faith, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Isaiah 43:5; Isaiah 54:16-17; Ephesians 1:3
Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Corinthians 10:1-18, Proverbs 27-28

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 22:14-23, 1 Samuel 29

3 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:50am On Sep 11, 2013
Accept What He’s Already Given You · Wednesday, September 11th

Pastor Chris

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue (2 Peter 1:3).

This is one of those "shouting verses" in the Bible; you couldn’t read this and not be exuberant with praise to God. Think about it: there’s nothing He hasn’t made available to you in Christ Jesus. Everything you need to live triumphantly—in dominion, excellence, and righteousness—has already been given to you in Christ Jesus. The question then is, have you accepted what He has given you?

It’s one thing for God to give you all things, but it’s another thing for you to accept what He’s already given you, and act accordingly. Having heard that His divine power has given you all things that pertain to life and godliness, you ought to talk and live as one who knows he’s got all things. God didn’t make a promise to give you all things; He already gave you all things. So talk like you own the world, for you do. 1 Corinthians 3:21 says, "…all things are yours…"; have that consciousness; refuse to let anyone or circumstances make you think, talk or act otherwise.

Study the Word to know all that God has given you. For example, 1John 5:11-12 tells us, "And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life." This means God has given us His type of life: the victorious life that’s not subject to Satan, disease, sickness, failure or defeat!

No wonder in the very next verse the Apostle John exclaimed: "These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God" (1 John 5:13). Philemon 1:6 teaches that the communication of your faith becomes effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing, which is in you in Christ Jesus. Therefore, be bold to affirm, proclaim and rejoice about all that God has given to you in Christ Jesus: sing, dance, and shout about it!

Confession

I’m who God says I am, and I have what He says I have. I’m an heir of the Sovereign, and I’m reigning as a king in life. Eternal life is my present-hour possession! Yes! the victorious life is mine; I live above sickness, disease, poverty, failure, and death, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Hebrews 11:6; 1 Corinthians 3:21-23; Ephesians 1:3
Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Corinthians 11:1-15, Proverbs 29-31

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 22:24-34, 1 Samuel 30

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:34am On Sep 12, 2013
The Spirit In You · Thursday, September 12th ·

Pastor Anita

And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness (Romans 8:10).

In the verse above, the Apostle Paul wasn’t questioning whether Christ was in the brethren in Rome; rather, he stirred their minds to an important reality: He wanted them to know that the Healer lived within them. He said if Christ (the Healer) is in you, though your body may be weak and sickly, He’ll vitalize it; therefore, refuse to be sick.

Paul’s conclusion, upon meditating on our transcendent life in Christ, is that when you have the Holy Spirit, you shouldn’t be sick, because your body is vitalized by the same Spirit. "Now if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken (vitalize, make alive) your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you" (Romans 8:11). The work of the Holy Spirit in vitalizing your physical body is in the "now"; it’s not something that’ll happen when we get to Heaven; He’s working in you now! Glory to God!

The Spirit that lives in you is where the power is: His presence in you has settled the matter of sickness and weakness forever, for He "perambulates" in you, to "fix" any anomalies in your physical body. If sickness "attacks" your body, you have nothing to fear or worry about; the Holy Spirit—the Healer—lives in you! His life in you makes you unconquerable. He’s the One who made Jesus the Healer, and had enough power to raise Him back to life; and now, He lives in you.

Perhaps, you’ve been a Christian, and your physical body has been so ravaged, messed up, destroyed, or battered by sickness or disease; what you need is the consciousness of the indwelling Healer—the Spirit of God in you. Christ in you, is your hope of healing and health. Halleluiah.

Confession  

The Holy Spirit—the Healer—lives in me, therefore, I’m not susceptible to infirmity. The life of God in me makes every fibre of my being: my cells, tissues, organs, and systems, impregnable to disease and sickness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 John 5:11-12; 1 Peter 2:24; Luke 10:19

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Corinthians 11:16-33,Ecclesiastes 1-2

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 22:35-43, 1 Samuel 31

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:37am On Sep 13, 2013
Live From Inside Out · Friday, September 13th ·

Pastor Chris

For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day (2 Corinthians 4:16).

When you were born again, it wasn’t your physical body that was born again; it was your spirit—the inward man. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation; that new creation is the inward man. The divine nature—the God life—is in your human spirit. Therefore, you’re to live from inside out; function from your inward man. The way to do this is to keep your focus on the Word of God, refusing to be moved by the dictates of your physical senses.

For example, the doctors may have diagnosed some ailment in your physical body; but your body is not you; it’s your domicile; the house where the "real you," your spirit, lives. Your real person is the recreated human spirit, and he’s fashioned after the image of Christ. Therefore, there’s no sickness, weakness, limitation, imperfection, or barrenness of any kind in your spirit.

The life of faith to which we’ve been called is a call to live from inside out. 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 says, "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal [that means subject to change]; but the things which are not seen are eternal." It’s only by faith that you "look" at things which your natural senses can’t perceive. Those who haven’t learnt to function from their spirits are the ones dominated by natural forces and circumstances.

Don’t let your focus be on what’s going on in your outward man; pay attention to your spirit. God has deposited in your spirit everything you require to live a successful and victorious life. Health, prosperity, victory, success, excellence, and every good thing in Christ Jesus are in your spirit! Activate them from within; look inwards, and live from inside out. "A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good…" (Luke 6:45).

Confession  

I rejoice to know that by keeping my focus on the Word, and functioning from my spirit, I can bring forth prosperity, health, victory, and excellence and live by the guidance and direction given to my spirit from the Lord. Glory to God!

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 2 Corinthians 5:7 (AMP)

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Corinthians 12:1-21, Ecclesiastes 3-5

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 22:44-53, 2 Samuel 1

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:30am On Sep 14, 2013
If Christ Be In You…" · Saturday, September 14th ·

Pastor Chris

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27).

The greatest thing that could ever happen to any human person is to know and have Jesus Christ in his life; He’s the solution to all problems, and answer to all questions. A man’s problems are "excusable" only if he doesn’t have Christ living in him; only then can his complaints and frustrations be "justified." If Christ is in you, you have no reason for failure in life; you have no excuse for defeat.

Christ in you is not some imagination or fable; it’s a reality. 1 Corinthians 3:16 says, "Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?" The Spirit of God, who is the conveyor of the blessings of God, and of all that’s been given to us in Christ Jesus, lives in you. Become conscious of this truth, and proclaim it all the time.

Romans 8:10 gives us an idea of the supernatural impact of Christ in you: "And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin but the spirit is life because of righteousness." This is awesome! It means that as one in whom Christ dwells, no sickness, disease, or infirmity can ravage your body. Besides, even if your body has been so bruised, broken, or paralyzed by sickness, the Spirit will give it life—revitalize it—because of righteousness. This brings to mind what Peter did when he encountered a certain man named Aeneas, who had been paralyzed for eight long years.

In that condition of paralysis, Aeneas received the Gospel and believed in Jesus Christ. Peter looked at him, and all he said was, "Aeneas, Jesus Christ makes you well; get up"; and that was it! Aeneas was healed instantly by the power of God (Acts 9:33-34). Peter didn’t pray for him; why? He realized that Christ was all Aeneas needed. Christ in you, is your hope of health, success, strength, prosperity, progress, and excellence. Christ in you means glory in your life! Blessed be God!

Prayer  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the grace and ability you’ve given me in Christ Jesus. I declare that by the ability of the Spirit that’s at work in me, I can do all things and walk in victory over unpleasant circumstances, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 John 4:4; Philippians 4:13

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Corinthians 13:1-14, Ecclesiastes 6-8

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 22:54-62, 2 Samuel 2

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:55am On Sep 15, 2013
Take Possession… Through Knowledge · Sunday, September 15th ·

Pastor Anita

That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus (Philemon 1:6).

Being born again, you’ve been brought into a life of success, prosperity, and health. It’s however your responsibility to work out your victorious life in Christ; "...work out your own salvation..." (Philippians 2:12); in other words, make the salvation you’ve received effective. Some Christians don’t realize this, hence they’re hoping, expecting, and praying that God will do something more that’ll better their lives.

There’s nothing more the Lord needs to do than He already did for you in Christ. He’s already done everything necessary to ensure your healing, well-being, deliverance, and prosperity; He’s done everything for you to live a balanced life of righteousness, dominion, and power. If, for example, you were praying, "O God, give me peace," that would be praying incorrectly, because He already gave you peace. He said in John 14:27, "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you…."

What you need today is how to take possession of the blessings of God in your life; take advantage of what He’s already done. He’s given you all things free to enjoy. 1 Corinthians 3:21 says "…all things are yours…"; but how are you going to enjoy them? 2 Peter 1:2-3 gives us the answer; it says, "Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue."

Grace, peace, promotion, blessings, and prosperity will be multiplied in your life through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus, our Lord. As important as prayer and fasting are to your spiritual growth, you should notice that the scripture didn’t say, "through fasting and prayers, grace and peace are multiplied to you." Rather, it directs your attention to revelation knowledge through the Word. Such specialized knowledge comes to you through diligent study and meditation on the Word.

Through this special knowledge of God, and of Jesus Christ, not only are you acquainted with your rights, privileges, and inheritance in Christ, you’re catapulted to the realm where you walk in the reality of the eternal deposits of God’s blessings in you.

Prayer
  Dear Father, thank you for granting me an excellent spirit that’s full of the eternal deposits of your goodness, graces, perfections, and beauty. My understanding is enlightened to have precise knowledge of the great riches of your glorious inheritance in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 2 Peter 1:2-3; 2 Timothy 2:15

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Galatians 1:1-24, Ecclesiastes 9-12

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 22:63-71, 2 Samuel 3-4

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:12am On Sep 16, 2013
Rule Over Circumstances! · Monday, September 16th
·
Pastor Chris

…And this is the victory that overcometh the world,
even our faith (1 John 5:4).

The Lord Jesus, while He walked this earth, lived such an exemplary life of faith. His confidence and apparent mastery over life’s circumstances is aweinspiring. He dazzled everyone by His extraordinary life of dominion. On a certain occasion, His disciples couldn’t help but ask out loud, in utter amazement: "…What manner of man is this! for he commandeth even the winds and water, and they obey him" (Luke 8:25).

Luke 8:23-24 records for us the occasion that prompted
this question from the disciples: "But as they sailed he
fell asleep: and there came down a storm of wind on the
lake; and they were filled with water, and were in jeopardy. And they came to him, and awoke him, saying,
Master, master, we perish. Then he arose, and rebuked
the wind and the raging of the water: and they ceased,
and there was a calm." Observe closely what the Master
did: He rebuked the wind and the raging waves; that
means He spoke words. He actually said, "…peace, be
still" (Mark 4:39), and there was a great calm.

This gives us an insight into how He prevailed over circumstances. He ruled negative circumstances with
faith-filled words. He spoke words, and blind eyes opened up, maimed limbs were restored, and deaf ears were unstopped. He spoke and Lazarus, who was already dead and buried for four days, came back to life. He did all these to show that we can do the same; for as He is, so are we in this world (1 John 4:17).

No wonder He said in John 14:12, "Verily, verily, I say
unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do
shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he
do…." Rise up today and proclaim victory over that unpleasant situation. Proclaim victory in your health, family, finances, business, academics, job, etc. Declare that greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world. Rule and frame your world with faith-filled words, and watch your life move from one degree of glory to another.

Confession
I know who I am. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me! The world is mine, because I’m a joint-heir with Christ. Greater is He that’s in me, than he that’s in the world. I live the life of excellence, victory, and dominion over Satan; I reign triumphantly in all circumstances, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Mark 11:23; 1 John 4:4

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Galatians 2:1-21, Songs of
Solomon 1-2

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 23:1-12, 2 Samuel 5-6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:58am On Sep 17, 2013
The "Imitation" Of Christ · Tuesday, September 17th ·

Pastor Chris

THEREFORE BE imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father] (Ephesians 5:1 AMP).

There’re those who define Christianity as the imitation of Christ; this isn’t quite accurate. Christianity is the revelation of Christ in you. For example, a house has a kitchen, but the kitchen isn’t the house. In Christianity, there’s the imitation of Christ; but Christianity, essentially, isn’t the imitation of Christ.

Many people have never really understood true Christianity; hence, they tell everyone to imitate Christ. However, the message to imitate Christ isn’t for everyone, but for those in whom is the life and nature of God. You couldn’t imitate Christ except you have His life in you. How really are we supposed to imitate Christ? Are we supposed to go to the Cross and die as He did? Did He say that everything He did, we must do? Are we to go to the wilderness and fast for forty days and forty nights, as He did? Is it by copying His mannerisms, dressing, tone of voice etc.? Certainly not; but, we can study about Him in the Word; we can see Him in the Word and follow His examples.

1 Peter 2:21-23, lets us know some of the areas we can imitate Him. It says, "For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps: Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth: Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously." We’re to emulate His life of righteousness, wholesome communication, nature of forgiveness, kindness, humility, and love.

The summation of His character is love; we’re to therefore emulate Him by walking in love. Ephesians 5: 2 AMP admonishes us to "… walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a slain offering and sacrifice to God [for you, so that it became] a sweet fragrance." 1 John 4:7-8 says, "Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."

Prayer 
Dear Father, I thank you for filling my heart with the revelation of your Word, and the wisdom to do your will. As I apply my heart to your Word, Christ is formed in me, and His character of love and nature of righteousness are revealed through me day by day, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 John 4:7-9

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Galatians 3:1-14, Songs of Solomon 3-5

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 23:13-25, 2 Samuel 7-8

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:49am On Sep 18, 2013
Grace To Help! · Wednesday, September 18th ·

Pastor Anita

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need (Hebrews 4:16).

Notice that our opening verse didn’t say "ask God for mercy," but to "obtain" or "collect" mercy. Do you need mercy in your life? Don’t pray, "O God, have mercy on me!" That won’t work because He already had mercy on the whole world when He sent Jesus. Jesus was the extended mercy of God. Now, you’re to come boldly to the throne of grace and "collect" it.

The next part says, "…and find grace to help in time of need." You have to determine which grace you need, because there are different "graces." Is it the grace for healing, or the grace for multiplication? Is it the grace for winning souls? Which grace do you want? You could even get more grace for your business and for your finances. James 4:6 says, "…he giveth more grace...." It’s God’s desire to increase the grace on your life every time. 2 Peter 1:2 tells us how His grace is multiplied in your life: it’s through the Word—the knowledge of God, and of Jesus, our Lord.

Paul, writing to Timothy, said: "Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus" (2 Timothy 2:1). In other words, "take advantage of the grace that is in Christ Jesus." You can take advantage of that grace even now, and rebuke cancer from your body. You can take advantage of it and walk out of any predicament. John 1:16 says, "And of his fullness have all we received, and grace for grace." We’ve all received of His overflowing grace; that grace, working in you, is the power of promotion and unending success.

The Holy Spirit, who Himself is the Spirit of grace, lives in you. He has all the grace you need for an extraordinary life of excellence, victory, and dominion; take advantage of His grace and reign as a king in life.

Prayer
  Dear Father, I’m grateful for your grace that’s multiplied daily in my life, causing your blessings, beauty, perfections and excellence to be revealed in and through me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 5:17; Ephesians 2:4-5

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Galatians 3:15-25, Songs of Solomon 6-8

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 23:26-33 2 Samuel 9-10

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:48am On Sep 19, 2013
Exalted With Christ · Thursday, September 19th ·

Pastor Chris

For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren (Hebrews 2:11).

In Mathew 11:11, the Master said: "Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he." It’s important for us to understand that the underlined portion above says, "he that is least in the kingdom of heaven…" and not "…he that is least in the kingdom of God…." You might want to ask, "Is there a difference between the "Kingdom of God" and the "Kingdom of heaven?" the answer is "Emphatically yes!"

Both expressions: "the Kingdom of God" and "the Kingdom of Heaven," though synonymously used, are clearly different. The Kingdom of God refers to all that’s under the influence of the Almighty God in heaven and on earth. The Kingdom of heaven, on the other hand, has to do with the work of Jesus Christ in the earth; it’s actually the extension of the Kingdom of God in the earth, headed by Jesus.

The Kingdom of heaven is the Church, of which we’re a part. So when Jesus said, he that is least in the Kingdom of heaven is greater than John the Baptist, He was talking about us—those who are joint-heirs with Him. We’re greater because we’re the body of Christ; and each one of us has been exalted to sit together with Christ at the right hand of power: "But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us. Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:4-6).

Our greatness isn’t the result of human associations, but a function of our oneness with Him; we have the same life with Him, having been born of His Word and His Spirit. We’re associates of the God-kind; we’re inextricably united with Him: "…he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit" (1 Corinthians 6:17).

Confession  

I’m a joint-heir with Christ; everything He has belongs to me, and my life is for His glory. I walk in boldness and confidence today, conscious of my inextricable union with Him. Halleluiah!

f u r t h e r s t u d y: John 15:5; John 15:16

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Galatians 3:26-4:1-20, Obadiah

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 23:34-43 2 Samuel 11-12

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:27am On Sep 20, 2013
Satan Has Nothing In You! · Friday, September 20th ·

Pastor Chris

Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me (John 12:31-32).

The Lord Jesus made a powerful statement while addressing His disciples during the closing moments of His earthly ministry. He said, "…for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me" (John 14:30). When you study the original Greek construction of that verse, what Jesus actually meant was that Satan had nothing to his advantage in Him (Jesus). What a confession!

Does Satan have anything in you? "No"; you might answer. However, it’s not just by saying "No"; you have to make such declaration by faith in the Word of God, knowing that when Christ reproduced you through His Word, Satan had nothing in you. James 1:18 says, "Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth…." 1 Peter 1:23 says, "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth forever." The Word of God that gave birth to you is perfect and incorruptible; therefore, nothing of darkness is in you.

Some people unknowingly invite the devil into their lives when they entertain fear, doubt, unbelief, sickness, infirmity, and failure. If any of these tries to attack you, declare, "The prince of this world has nothing in me!" Don’t bring anything of the devil into your life through negative talking. Your confession, should be, "I have the light of life: there’s nothing in my life that produces darkness or death; there’s nothing in my life that produces failure; there’s nothing in my life that produces weakness! The Lord is the strength of my life."

Ephesians 4:27 tells us not to give place to the devil; that shows he has no place in your life except you give him one. Don’t give Satan a chance; he’s got nothing to his advantage in you because you’re born of the Word. That’s the reality.

Prayer  

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for giving me victory over Satan, the world, and all the negative circumstances of life. I declare by faith, in the Name of Jesus, that the devil has nothing to his advantage in me! Therefore, sickness, poverty, fear, darkness and pain are not a part of my daily experience of life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: John 16:33; 1 John 4:4

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Galatians 4:21-5:1-15, Joel 1-3

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 23:44-56, 2 Samuel 13-14

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:29am On Sep 21, 2013
Growing Your Measure Of Faith… · Saturday, September 21st ·

Pastor Chris

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith (Romans 12:3).

God has given to each one of us—everyone who believes in Jesus—the measure of faith. That’s significant because each of us was given the same definite measure of faith when we received the message of salvation to be born again. However, one thing God expects of you is to grow your faith. Faith is the principle of the Christian walk (2 Corinthians 5:7). The Bible clearly emphasizes that without faith it is impossible to please God (Hebrew 11:6).

God, through His Word, has clearly revealed to us how to grow strong and effectual faith. First, you have to stay continually in the Word; the Word stirs faith in your spirit: "...faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God" (Romans 10:17).

Secondly, your faith can also be built as you consistently attend Church services and fellowship with other believers. Hebrews 10:25 charges us not to forsake "...the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." In Church, you’re taught the Word, and you also enjoy the rich fellowship of the Spirit in a way that energizes your faith.

Thirdly, cultivate a rich fellowship with the Holy Spirit in prayer, by speaking in other tongues frequently: "But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost" (Jude 1:20). Prayer conditions your spirit rightly to receive from God. When your spirit is so conditioned, it becomes easy for the Word to get in and produce results.

Finally, get rich Christian materials and study them for yourself (2 Timothy 2:15); be a student of the Word. Don’t just be "a hearer," but "a doer of the Word"; you build prevailing faith by consistently meditating on, and putting the Word to work in your life.

Prayer  

Dear Father, I thank you for your Word that inspires faith in me. Every challenging situation is an opportunity for me to put my faith to work, and have the vital experience of my victorious life in Christ. I declare that today, my faith is strengthened; and I’m growing in grace and in the knowledge of the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 2 Timothy 2:15; Act 20:32; 2 Corinthians 5:7

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Galatians 5:16-26, Jonah 1-4

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 24:1-12, 2 Samuel 15-16

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (106) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 196
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.