Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,231 members, 7,867,599 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:23 PM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (252850 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:53am On Sep 22, 2013
The Power Of Words · Sunday, September 22nd ·

Pastor Chris

Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth (Proverbs 6:2).

Positive change is something we all want, should have, and continually crave; change from glory to glory. In your job, business, finances, family, etc., you should always desire unending progress, because the "path of the just is as the shining light, that shines more and more unto the perfect day" (Proverbs 4:18).

Change, whether positive or negative, results from the words you pay attention to, and the thoughts they stir up in your heart. The Lord Jesus always taught His disciples to hear and think right. In Mark 4:24, He said, "...Take heed what ye hear…." Then in Luke 8:18, He said, "Take heed therefore how ye hear…." How you hear is as important as what you hear, because how you hear often determines your response and attitude, as well as ability to appropriate the power of the words that come to you.

Words make or mar. Our lives are influenced by words; the atmosphere in your home depends on the words that are spoken in it. Your relationships are built on words. Our lives are so dependent on words that, not only do they affect our attitudes, they also affect our health and living conditions. Whether or not you’re living in faith or in fear is a function of what you hear, for faith comes by hearing (God’s Word: positive information); while fears comes through negative information.

Many today have become faint-hearted from listening to media reports on the dwindling state of the world’s economy. However, there’s one who never changes, and that’s the Almighty God; His Word is the same—yesterday, today, and forever. Jesus said, "Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away" (Matthew 24:35). He’s given us His Word as the veritable agent to change and transform us from glory to glory: "But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord" (2 Corinthians 3:18).

Confession  I declare that there’s prosperity, progress, joy and increase in my life and in that of my loved ones. Through the power and influence of God’s Word in my life, victory, promotion, and success are my hallmarks, in the Name of Jesus! Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Mark 11:23; Matthew 12:37

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Galatians 6:1-18, Amos 1-4

2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 24:13-27, 2 Samuel 17-18

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:32am On Sep 23, 2013
Atonement By His Blood · Monday, September 23rd · 

Pastor Chris

Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things. But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat (Genesis 9:3-4).

God made it clear in the verses above that blood is the life of the flesh. He reiterated this when He gave the children of Israel the Law, but this time, He related it with the subject of atonement. Leviticus 17:11 says, "For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

Atonement means appeasement, propitiation, satisfaction of the claims of justice, or compensation for wrongdoing. He gave them blood as the atonement for their souls whenever they did wrong. This was God’s divine order; His divine principle and law. That’s why He instructed them not to eat the blood of animals, which they killed. This truth also holds in the New Testament; Hebrews 9:22 says, "And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission." Sin can’t be wiped away without the shedding of blood; it’s a spiritual law.

The Old Testament folks and their priesthood used the blood of animals for the atonement of their souls, but that wasn’t good enough. Man is a spirit and an eternal being, but animals weren’t made to live eternally. Therefore, the blood of animals wasn’t enough to atone for man’s sins. Only the Lamb of God—Jesus Christ—could redeem the world through His precious blood.

Jesus came as the High Priest of the New Testament and obtained eternal redemption: deliverance from sin, evil, and from all things that were inconsistent with God’s dream for us, by His death on the cross (Hebrews 9: 11–12). We, however, became new creations in Him, not on the Cross, but at His resurrection. By His blood, He purchased us, and made it possible for those who would believe in Him to receive eternal life. His blood was enough; His blood did it all. Glory to God!

Prayer  
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you because my sins have been totally blotted out by the blood of Jesus. Therefore, I can boldly affirm that the power of sin over my life is completely destroyed; thus, I’m free to live joyfully in righteousness, giving glory unto you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Isaiah 53:5; 1 Peter 2:24; Hebrews 9:11-12

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Ephesians 1:1-14, Amos 5-92 Year Reading Plan : Luke 24:28-39, 2 Samuel 19-20

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:20am On Sep 24, 2013
A Life Of Power By The Spirit · Tuesday, September 24th ·

Pastor Anita

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth (Acts 1:8 ).

As Christians, we’re not ordinary people; we have a supernatural life of power. You received this extraordinary power when the Holy Spirit came into your life. The Lord Jesus said in our opening verse, "…ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you…." What kind of power was He talking about, and what can we do with it?

The word "power" in this verse is translated from "dunamis" (Greek), and it means dynamic power or ability to cause or effect a change. It refers to miracleworking ability; the ability to make supernatural things happen; power and ability that’re beyond yourself! It refers to what we call a "doing-power," or "workingpower"; it’s sometimes translated, "might." It also means the power of excellence; the extraordinary ability to be efficient and effective in all that you do. This is the life we have in Christ—a life of superproductivity and ever-increasing glory!

We’re never to be victims in life. If you’ve found yourself in a predicament, a precarious or desperate situation, don’t cower; don’t give up! There’s something in you: the life and power of the Spirit to effect changes. You can change any unfavourable situation with this power in you. This is Christianity; it’s a life of dominion. You don’t need to go from place to place looking for help and seeking power, because the power to effect the changes you desire, lies within you.

Prayer
  Precious Holy Spirit, I appreciate you, and acknowledge your awesome power, presence and grace in my life! I’m confident of a greater tomorrow, and a day-to-day life of ever-increasing glory because you’re the one taking me by the hand, and leading me to fulfil God’s perfect will for me. Thank you for perfecting all that concerns me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Thessalonians 1:5; Acts 6:8

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Ephesians 1:15-2:1-10, Hosea 1-2
2 Year Reading Plan : Luke 24:40-53, 2 Samuel 21-22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:03am On Sep 25, 2013
Your Life Is The Character Of Your Words · Wednesday, September 25th ·
Pastor Chris

Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth (Proverbs 6:2).

There is a spiritual language for the Christian. That’s why, as a child of God, you ought to put the Word on your lips, because the supernatural life is based on your tongue. Your tongue rules your life. The Apostle James likened the tongue to the rudder of a great ship, which the captain uses to direct the ship wherever he wants (James 3:4-5).

In Matthew 12:36-37, Jesus said "But I say unto you, that every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the Day of Judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." Literally, this means a man will go to heaven or hell because of what he said or didn’t say, with his tongue! Read the Apostle Paul’s words about salvation in Romans 10:8-10: "… if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

"Your life is the character of your words. If a man’s words are confusing, his life will be confusing as well. In the same vein, if your words are wholesome, your life will be wholesome: perfect, excellent, and inspiring! Proverbs 15:4 says, "A wholesome tongue is a tree of life…." Jesus taught that what you say, is what you get (Mark 11:23).

Watch what you say, for your confessions control your future. Proverbs 12:18 says, "There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health." You can keep yourself in health, safety, prosperity, and victory with your words. Talk faith, success, and increase! 1 Peter 3:10 says "For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile."

Prayer 
 Dear Father, thank you for teaching me about the power of my words. Through your Word, and by your Spirit, I’m training my tongue to speak only faithfilled words! I speak only life-giving words that are consistent with your will for my life, and I declare that my future is secure, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Psalm 34:12-13; Proverbs 18:21

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Ephesians 2:11-22, Hosea 3-6
2 Year Reading Plan : John 1:1-13 2 Samuel 23-24
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:25am On Sep 26, 2013
A Fresh Purchase · Thursday, September 26th · 

Pastor Chris

Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us (Hebrews 9:12).

The word "redemption" as used in our opening scripture is from the Greek, "lutrōsis," which means to ransom, deliver, save, or bring out of trouble. The Lord Jesus redeemed man from sin at the cross, and His blood became the currency with which He paid for the sins of the whole world. Then He was buried, and on the third day, God raised Him from the dead with a new life. Now, He gives eternal life to those who believe in Him.

Observe that the new creation is not the redeemed; he’s the fruit of Christ’s redemptive work on the Cross. Some people get confused when they study portions of the Scripture, where the new creation is described as "redeemed." For instance, in Revelations 5:9, the Bible says, "And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation." The word, "redeemed" is wrongly translated here; it’s from the Greek, ‘agorazo,’ which means to go to the market and make a purchase; to buy something as a gift to give to someone. It’s not a buy-back, as is the case with "lutrōsis," but a fresh purchase. Christ purchased us with His blood, and gave us as gifts to God.

Several translations actually give a proper rendering of that verse. The New International Version says, "... with your blood you purchased for God persons from every tribe and language and people and nation." The Living Bible says, "…for you were slain, and your blood has bought people from every nation as gifts for God." You’re a gift, purchased for God by Jesus; He bought you with a price. This isn’t "lutrōsis"; this is "agorazo"; it’s a fresh purchase. Now, you belong to God. You’re not the person that was "delivered" from the devil when Jesus died on the cross; you’re a new creature, never delivered from the devil, but born superior to him by the second birth.

Prayer 
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for sending Jesus to die for me and shed His precious blood to cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I’ve thus become a new creation, free to live righteously and serve you joyfully, enjoying your divine presence, and living in your power and glory, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Hebrews 4:14-16; 1 Corinthians 6:20

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Ephesians 3:1-21, Hosea 7-10
2 Year Reading Plan : John 1:14-23 1 Kings 1

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:30am On Sep 27, 2013
He Gives More Grace To The Humble · Friday, September 27th · 

Pastor Anita

But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble (James 4:6).

For you to consistently experience divine favours in your life, you must be humble. Humility is a key to greatness, success and promotion. God gives more grace to the humble but sets Himself against the proud and haughty (James 4:6 TLB); the more they try to rise or forge ahead in life, the more their pride inevitably sets them against God’s favour.

This is one reason some people, in spite of their great abilities, can’t seem to fathom why they aren’t making much progress in their lives. They’ve watched others who didn’t seem to have as much talents as themselves make progress and get promoted, hence they’ve even become bitter against everybody else. What they don’t realize is that their stagnation or lack of progress isn’t the doing of other men, but the result of their pride.

Some people mistake humility for weakness, but being humble doesn’t mean you’re weak; rather, it’s a strength of character. The Lord Jesus was the epitome of humility; but He wasn’t weak; at the same time, He wasn’t arrogant, rude, or conceited. The Bible says He made himself of no reputation, and humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross (Philippians 2:7-8 ). Even though He was so humble, He never allowed anyone talk Him down! He knew His identity and spoke openly about His relationship and authority with the Father. He dominated the circumstances of life. When He was brought before Pilate to be tried, He was in charge (John 19:11); yet He was very humble.God’s promotion for the humble is certain. Therefore, keep walking in humility, and you’ll find yourself being elevated several steps at once. Remember, a man’s pride shall bring him low, but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit (Proverbs 29:23).

Prayer  
Dear Father, I thank you for granting me more and more grace to excel in all my endeavours, as I walk in humility and meekness of spirit, demonstrating at all times the character and nature of Christ in me, in the Name of the Lord Jesus. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Peter 5:5-6; Proverbs 29:23

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Ephesians 4:1-16, Hosea 11-14
2 Year Reading Plan : John 1:24-34 1 Kings 2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:07am On Sep 28, 2013
Christ Is Our "Riddance" · Saturday, September 28th ·

Pastor Chris

But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption (1 Corinthians 1:30).

The word "redemption" in our opening verse means "riddance." Riddance is translated from the Greek word "apolutrosis," which refers to being brought out of trouble. Therefore, Christ being our redemption, actually means He’s our deliverance; just like He said in Psalms 50:15, "…call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me."

It doesn’t matter the trouble you’ve gotten into, Christ is your riddance; He’ll rid you of your troubles. Proverbs 11:8 says, "The righteous is delivered out of trouble...." Christ is your ransom. O, how wonderful this is! Read this comforting and assuring words from the Lord Himself in Isaiah 43:2-5: "When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour:… Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honourable, and I have loved thee: therefore will I give men for thee, and people for thy life. Fear not: for I am with thee…."

The Lord is obligated to save you. He’ll help you out of any quagmire, not because you prayed hard enough or were good enough, but because you have a ransom in Christ Jesus. He makes up for your errors. Every mistake, every sin, has been laid to His charge.

Sometimes, people look back at their lives and say, "Well, it’s because I made a blunder that this calamity happened to me"; no! You don’t have to wallow in regret any more about your sin, mistakes and errors; understand that Christ has been made your riddance. You don’t have to carry the weight of self-condemnation and guilt. You’ve paid in Christ for all your sins, mistakes, and errors.

Jesus didn’t just take care of your sins at Calvary, He also took care of every single mistake you’d make, including the ones on the job. So when you make a mistake, or get into trouble, be bold to call on Him; He’s not intimidated by your troubles. No wonder the Psalmist said, "But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble" (Psalm 59:16).

Confession  

It doesn’t matter what trouble I get into: one thing is certain, I’m coming out of it. It doesn’t matter what proclamation is made against me, they’re to no effect, because Christ is my riddance. He rids me of trouble and plucks my feet out of the miry clay.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Psalm 91:1-12; Colossians 1:27

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Ephesians 4:17-5:1-2, Isaiah 1-2

2 Year Reading Plan : John 1:35-42 1 Kings 3

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:54am On Sep 29, 2013
The Kingdom Has Come! · Sunday, September 29th 

Pastor Chris

Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God (Mark 1:14).

Jesus came preaching the Gospel of the Kingdom of God. He said the time is fulfilled; the Kingdom of God is here (Mark 1:15). What is the Kingdom of God?

The Kingdom of God is not a place; it’s the reign of God, where He becomes Lord; where He becomes the Boss, and rules; where He’s in charge, and expresses Himself—His glory and His goodness. That’s why Jesus warned that when you’re told "the Kingdom of God is over there, or it’s over here," you shouldn’t believe it; because the Kingdom doesn’t come by observation; it’s within you (Luke 17:20-21). God’s plan is to set up His Kingdom in the hearts of men; it’s a spiritual kingdom.

Recall when Jesus was brought before Pilate, in John 18:36-37; Pilate asked Him some questions to which He responded, "…My Kingdom is not of this world…" (John 18:36). God’s Kingdom is not a physical structure; accordingly Jesus said, "It has come"—(i.e.) to be set up in the hearts of men. Thus, the Gospel of the Kingdom that Jesus preached is, "Hello everybody, God’s Kingdom can be set up now in your hearts; it has arrived! The time has come for God to set up His headquarters in your heart." This wasn’t possible in the days of Abraham, Moses, Elijah, Elisha, David, Solomon and the patriarchs of old. However, when Jesus came, He brought the Kingdom in Him.

Being born again, the Kingdom is now in your heart: the peace, the beauty, the glory, grace, and the life of God have been set up in your heart! God is at home in you now. What a life He’s brought to us, and brought us into! He wants us to tell the whole world this glorious news; He wants it published in every village, town, city, and nation—that anyone who believes can now have the Kingdom of God set up in his heart! What a Gospel!

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the Kingdom of God has been set up in my heart, thus, bringing into me, the life of glory. I declare that my life is for your glory, and I show forth your virtues, excellence, perfections, and beauty, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Colossians 1:27; 2 Corinthians 4:6-7

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Ephesians 5:3-21, Isaiah 3-5
2 Year Reading Plan : John 1:43-51 1 Kings 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:07am On Sep 30, 2013
Play Your Part— The Love-part! · Monday, September 30th ·

Pastor Anita

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you (Matthew 5:44).

From the verse above, it’s clear that there’ll always be those who might hate us, persecute us, and despise us; but we’re only permitted to respond to them in love. The actions or attitudes of such people should never provoke you to compromise. Life is a script, and you’re the one in focus; you have to choose to play your part—the love-part.

In your journey of faith, every one who relates with you is placed there by God for your benefit; whether they’re helping you, or they’re against you, doesn’t make any difference! It doesn’t stop God’s plan of promoting you. If they are kind, loving, and helpful to you, appreciate them and praise God for them; if they’re otherwise, love them all the same.

If someone accuses you falsely, for example, don’t get upset and try to justify your innocence to the point of acting in a manner that’s unbecoming for a Christian. Leave it to the Lord; He’s the righteous Judge, and will surely vindicate you. Just keep loving; that’s your role in the script. You’re born of God; His love has been shed abroad in your heart by the Holy Spirit who lives in you (Romans 5:5). That means you have the capacity to love as He does.

He said, "By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another" (John 13:35). What a way to tell us from the rest of the world! Our love-walk is the primary proof that we love the Lord, and have passed from death unto life. Our ability to still put up a loving smile when others ride roughshod over us, pour invectives on us, or persecute us, shows that indeed, we dwell in Him and are walking in the light, as He is in the light.

Prayer 
 Dear Father, you’ve given me the ability to love like you, and I’m so grateful! You’ve granted me understanding of the extraordinary dimensions of your love; and that love radiates through me profusely to others! Thank you for making me the dispenser of your goodness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Luke 6:27-35

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Ephesians 5:22-6:1-9, Isaiah 6-8
2 Year Reading Plan : John 2:1-11 1 Kings 5

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 7:18am On Oct 01, 2013
We Need To Do More · Tuesday, October 1st · 

Pastor Chris

Send us around the world with the news of your saving power and your eternal plan for all mankind (Psalm 67:2 TLB).

Our world today is far more complex than many expected it to turn out. Many are perplexed by the extent of evil and wickedness, as the world seems to be plunging deeper and deeper into abyssal depths of darkness. As Christians, however, it’s important for us to realize that the events in the world today are actually the fulfilment of scripture. Isaiah 60:2 tells us, "For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee."

The more darkness there is in the world, the greater our opportunity to shine as lights in the midst of a perverse generation (Philippians 2:15). Now more than ever, we must realize our position as the light of the world, and take the light of the Gospel to men and women around the world. It’s said that over eighty percent of all of Asia are yet to hear about Jesus Christ. In Malaysia, only eight percent are said to be Christians. Think about the growing level of heathenism in today’s Europe.

Whilst these statistics may portray a gloomy picture, it also lets us know how much more impact we need to make with the Gospel. We can’t afford to be weak, lukewarm, or quiet. We must keep preaching the Gospel with greater fervency and passion, as the urgency of the moment demands. We’re the custodians of this Gospel; it’s our responsibility to preach it with the knowledge and power of the Spirit—as witnesses to all nations (Matthew 24:14).

Commit yourself to spreading the Gospel as though it rested on you alone to tell it to the whole world. Spend more time interceding for lost souls, and pray for ministers of the Gospel around the world, to achieve greater results in their evangelical efforts. Remember, the Gospel is God’s only saving power that unveils His eternal plan for mankind; it’s worth all your commitment.

Prayer  
I pray today for a harvest of souls in all Asia, Africa, Oceania, Europe, and the Americas, as Christians in these regions carry out evangelical work. I come against the prince of the power of the air, and I break his hold over these regions, and pray for increased activities of angels, to guide many into salvation, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Matthew 24:14; Mark 16:15-16

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Ephesians 6:10-24, Isaiah 9-10
2 Year Reading Plan : John 2:12-25, 1 Kings 6

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:32am On Oct 02, 2013
Use The Name · Wednesday, October 2nd ·

Pastor Chris

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father (Philippians 2:9-11).

The Name of Jesus is the Name above all names; in that Name is vested all authority in heaven, in earth and the regions of the damned. In that Name, you can alter unfavourable economic situations to your advantage, and effect positive changes in your nation of residence.

God has highly exalted and given Jesus a Name, which is above every name; such that by the instrumentality of His Name, you can change anything, and achieve anything! The Name has efficacy by the very mention of it. 

When you make decrees in His Name, about your physical body, finances, family, the economic situation, etc., the Name of Jesus seals it. If a Christian were diagnosed with cancer for example, he doesn’t need to see it as a death sentence. He can use the Name of Jesus to destroy the cancer. What he needs is to place his hand where the tumour or growth is and say, "in the Name of Jesus, cancer, I command you to die and pass out of my body."

Use the Name of Jesus fearlessly and without doubt. Remember, demons, principalities and powers of darkness cannot resist the authority of that Name. When fear attacks you, use the Name; say, "In the Name of Jesus, I rebuke fear; I refuse to fear!"

No matter the challenges you’re faced with, don’t panic or cry; say, "I command a change in the Name of Jesus," and it shall be so. O, the power of His Name and the victory and dominion we have in Him! If you’re in any predicament today, use the Name of Jesus as an instrument. Declare that in His Name, you have the wisdom to do excellently in every situation. Live victoriously every day—in His Name.

Confession  

I live by the dominion of Christ, and power of the Spirit today, and declare that I’m prospering in all my endeavours because I live in the Name of Jesus: the Name above every name. I live triumphantly in all circumstances of life. Blessed be God!

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Philippians 2:9-11; Acts 3:16

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Philippians 1:1-30, Isaiah 11-12

2 Year Reading Plan : John 3:1-8, 1 Kings 7

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:01am On Oct 03, 2013
Walking With The Spirit · Thursday, October 3rd ·

Pastor Chris

And Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him (Genesis 5:24).

Hebrews 11:5 further enlightens us on how Enoch walked with God; it was by faith: "By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God." Hebrews 11:6 states that without faith, it’s impossible to please God. Religious Christianity teaches that you have to struggle to please God, and to walk with Him. However, the reality is that you don’t have to struggle to please God, because the Holy Spirit helps you live the faith life that pleases Him.

When people struggle and still don’t seem to make meaningful progress in life you can tell they don’t have much fellowship with the Holy Spirit. Real fellowship with the Holy Spirit makes a difference. He’ll make you wise. He’ll produce extraordinary results through you; you’ll have an excellently fulfilled life. I’m absolutely fulfilled in Him. My life has only been in one direction—upwards and forward—for one simple reason: walking with the Holy Spirit.

We read that Enoch walked with God, and he was translated that he should not see death. Death isn’t just the cessation of biological life; it represents poverty, defeat, sickness, failure or destruction that work in men’s lives: the death that works in their minds, visions and dreams! All of that will have no power over you because you’ve been translated above "death"—in your job, finances, education, family and ministry.

When Christ came into your life, you were translated from the dominion of darkness into the Kingdom of God’s dear Son (Colosians 1:13); that’s where you are now! Walk with the Spirit and enjoy your glorious life in Him.

Prayer
  Dear Father, I thank you for the glorious life in Christ, and my inextricable union with you. I revel even now, in the beauty and glory of your divine embrace, conscious of your eternal love for me! Thank you for transporting me to higher levels of glory, as I fellowship with the Holy Spirit, who enlightens me in the way that I should go, and fills my life with pleasantness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 John 1:3; 1 Corinthians 1:9

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Philippians 2:1-18 Isaiah 13-14
2 Year Reading Plan : John 3:9-21 1 Kings 8

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:02am On Oct 04, 2013
You’re Blessed! · Friday, October 4th ·

Pastor Anita

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ (Ephesians 1:3).

Abraham, the Bible says, was blessed in all things, and so are you, because Galatians 3:29 says, "And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise." You didn’t have to struggle for the blessing; it was bequeathed to you as an inheritance; you’re an heir of God, and a joint heir with Christ (Romans 8:17).

Someone might ask, "If truly I’m so blessed, how come I don’t have a car, or a house or enough money to live by?" Understand this: the car, house, money, etc. aren’t the blessing but the results of the blessing. The blessing of God upon your life is an unseen power or force that causes good things to happen with you, to you and through you.

Not only are you blessed, God has also made you a blessing. In Genesis 12:2 He said, "And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing." We read in Galatians 3:29 that "…If ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise." Being born again, you’re in Christ; therefore, all the blessings God endowed to Abraham are now your present-hour possessions. You’ve become the symbol of God’s blessings wherever you are!

2 Peter 1:3 says, "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue." What you need is to know what God has made available to you in Christ through the Word and walk in this light.

Prayer  

Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the manifestations of your goodness and kindness to me! Thank you for the Holy Spirit, who lives in me: the greatest blessing of all! I walk in righteousness, victory, health and dominion today, conscious that I’m blessed to be a blessing, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Corinthians 3:21; Galatians 3:8-9

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Philippians 2:19-3:1-11 Isaiah 15-18

2 Year Reading Plan : John 3:22-36 1 Kings 9

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:24am On Oct 05, 2013
It’s Up To You · Saturday, October 5th ·

Pastor Chris

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them (Mark 11:24).

In the statement above from the Lord Jesus, the time of prayer is when you should believe and receive. This is the prayer of faith. If you desire a change or a miracle in any area of your life, that change or miracle depends largely on you. Jesus said, believe that you receive, and you shall have. It’s really up to you.

Some people believe God chooses when to help or bless as He wills, but that’s not true. He’s already done all that’s necessary for you to live an excellent life; He’s already given you all things that pertain to life and godliness (2 Peter 1:3). What you’re to do now is use the Word to build your life, and shape your future.

What you do with the Word is up to you. The Master unveiled a secret of change by the Word when He shared the parable of the sower in Matthew 13:1-8. When the disciples asked Him why He spoke to the people in parables, the Word declares, "…this people’s heart is waxed gross…lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them" (Matthew 13:15). I want you to note the words "any time"; meaning that whenever you "see" the Word with the eyes of your spirit, "hear" and "understand" it with your heart, you or your situation will be converted. In other words, there’ll be a change. How does this change occur?

Psalm 19:7 says, "The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul…." God’s Word is a converter; it’s a transforming agent! If you’d meditate on the Word, nothing can stop the change you desire from taking place! The Word will make a poor man prosperous, produce healing and health for the sick, and stir joy in the heart of the downcast. Stick to the Word, and it’ll transform you from glory to glory.

Confession  

I’m increasing in the knowledge of God’s Word, in all wisdom and spiritual understanding! I’m being transformed from glory to glory, and positioned for the extraordinary life of dominion, victory, purpose, power and abundance, through the Word, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Hebrews 4:12; James 1:22-25; 1 Timothy 4:15-16

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Philippians 3:12-4:1-3 Isaiah 19-22

2 Year Reading Plan : John 4:1-9 1 Kings 10-11

2 Likes

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:34am On Oct 06, 2013
No Option To The Gospel · Sunday, October 6th ·

Pastor Chris

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek (Romans 1:16).

Every child of God ought to bear the same testimony of the Gospel as Paul in the scripture above. You must be convinced that the Gospel is God’s only saving power, and be committed to its spread around the world. Let’s not act as though there’s an alternative for salvation, for there are no options: "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved" (Acts 4:12). Jesus is the only way: "Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by him (Jesus) all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses" (Acts 13:38-39).

Jesus Himself said in John 14:6 (WEB), "...I am the way, the truth and the life. No man comes to the Father except through me." No wonder Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9:16, "For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me if I preach not the gospel." This is the attitude we must have towards the preaching of the Gospel.

Only through the Gospel is the righteousness of God revealed. "For therein (the Gospel) is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, the just shall live by faith" (Romans 1:17). No one can live a righteous life until he or she accepts the gospel of Christ. This is so because, only through Jesus Christ are men justified by faith, and thus have peace with God. So don’t be quiet. Preach the Word everywhere.

The message of salvation has been entrusted to you (1 Timothy 1:11); you hold the key to the salvation of many around the world, so preach it with conviction, passion, and boldness.

Prayer  

Dear Father, I thank you for your grace that’s manifested to save, heal, deliver, uplift and prosper all those who’ll embrace the glorious salvation that’s in Christ Jesus today, as the Gospel is ministered around the world. Thank you for the guidance and leading of the Spirit for us all, preaching the Word around the world today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 10:8-15

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Philippians 4:4-23, Isaiah 23-24

2 Year Reading Plan : John 4:10-18, 1 Kings 12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:48am On Oct 07, 2013
The Infallible Manual For Success · Monday, October 7th ·

Pastor Chris

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified (Acts 20:32).

Joshua 1:8 unveils God’s tested and guaranteed recipe for unending success: "This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success."

There’re several books and teachings on success, that may be helpful on a temporary and earthly basis, but devoid of spiritual insight. No wonder, those who feed on them fail sooner or later for their principles were based on human wisdom. Only God’s Word can make you a true success.

You need the Holy Spirit, the Author of life Himself, to take you through His Word, and help you be successful in life. Psalm 39:5, says "…verily, every man at his best state is altogether vanity." Human wisdom or expertise is not enough to put you over in life. Embrace the wisdom of God. Proverbs 4:7 says, "Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom…"; and wisdom is the Word of God.

The world’s economies are in shambles today in spite of the great work of the best economists and financial teachers of the world. All the economic theories and postulations are crumbling, but God’s Word gives us hope and wisdom. God has given us His Word to teach us how to live a joyous, successful, vibrant, and prosperous life.

Everything you’d ever need for a successful life is wrapped up in the Word; continually feed the Word into your spirit! It’s the infallible manual for a successful, victorious and prosperous life.

Prayer  

Dear Father, I thank you for your Word that’s building me up, and by which I live every day in victory, and prosperity. As I meditate on your Word today, my success and progress are manifested in all things, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Matthew 7:24-27; 1 Timothy 4:15

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Colossians 1:1-23, Isaiah 25-26

2 Year Reading Plan : John 4:19-29, 1 Kings 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:10am On Oct 08, 2013
Fellowship With Wisdom · Tuesday, October 8th ·

Pastor Anita

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Exalt her, and she shall promote thee: she shall bring thee to honour, when thou dost embrace her (Proverbs 4:7-cool.

The Word of God is the wisdom of God. The way to fellowship with wisdom is to fellowship with the Word. When the Scripture says to get wisdom, you’re actually being directed to the Word. Wisdom is the principal thing; it’s what you need to be successful in life. Now you can better appreciate why, of all things in life that Solomon could have asked for, when God visited him, he asked for wisdom (2 Chronicles 1:10- 12). He knew that with wisdom, he had it made.

Proverbs 4:8-10 (MSG) beautifully describes some of the awesome benefits of fellowshipping with wisdom; it says, "Throw your arms around her—believe me, you won’t regret it; never let her go—she’ll make your life glorious. She’ll garland your life with grace, and festoon your days with beauty…it will add years to your life." The wisdom of God will promote you, bring you to honour, and give you the distinguishing edge in life. This was what happened with Solomon after he asked God for wisdom. God, along with wisdom, gave him riches, wealth, and honour beyond any king that ever lived on the face of the earth (2 Chronicles 1:12).

Your success isn’t in any government, country of residence or profession. Your success in life is determined by how much of God’s Word you know and put to work. Acting on the Word is functioning in divine wisdom. That wisdom directs you profitably in all things, and grants you insight into reality. The Bible says, Christ has been made unto us wisdom from God (1 Corinthians 1:30); all you have to do is fellowship with wisdom.

Confession  

The wisdom of God is at work in me today! It’s heard in my voice and seen in my actions! It propels me to function with divine insight into God’s plan and destiny for me, whilst dealing excellently in all my affairs, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Proverbs 4:5-9

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Colossians 1:24-2:1-5 Isaiah 27-28

2 Year Reading Plan : John 4:30-42 1 Kings 14
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 8:58am On Oct 09, 2013
The Holy Spirit: Our Secret Of Success · Wednesday, October 9th ·

Pastor Chris

And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Comforter, (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Stand-by), that He may remain with you forever (John 14:16 AMP).

The tremendous miracles, signs and wonders recorded in our Ministry, and the extraordinary impact we make around the world with the Gospel are in no ways by human efforts. They’re the works of the Spirit of God. For example, our Rhapsody of Realities devotional blesses lives daily in a hundred and eightynine languages, and in two hundred and twenty-three countries and territories around the world! This could only be by the Holy Spirit.

In John 14:16, Jesus said, "…I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever." Notice that He said "another Comforter"; that’s because He was the Comforter. However, knowing He’d ascend to heaven after His death, burial, and resurrection, He said to the disciples "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you" (John 14:18). The Greek word for "comfortless" is "orphanos," from where the English word "orphan" is derived. The Amplified version rightly renders it: "I will not leave you as orphans [comfortless, desolate, bereaved, forlorn, helpless]; I will come [back] to you." 

You’re not helpless. The Holy Spirit will make you successful in all things if you’d yield to Him and trust Him with your life. He’ll make you an effective witness of the Gospel. The Master instructed the disciples to wait in Jerusalem until they were filled with the Holy Spirit (Luke 24:49), because He knew they needed the divine enablement to accomplish the task of making disciples of the nations (Matthew 28:19). Hence, after they received the Holy Spirit, they became effective witnesses and preached the Gospel with miracles, signs, and wonders.

In Acts 19, we read how the Apostle Paul affected the city of Ephesus with the gospel; as a result, the Word of God grew mightily and prevailed in a region that was hitherto dominated by idolatry (read Acts 19:11-20).

You become a man or woman of great influence and impact when you learn to live by and through the Spirit. He’s your secret of success. With Him, you‘re certain to make a lasting impact in ministry, business, academics, or any aspect of your life.

Prayer 
Dear Holy Spirit, I acknowledge you as the One who leads me in the way of success and victory. You’re my Comforter, Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, and Standby. I’m confident that following your indwelling presence and ministry in my life, I’ll keep making tremendous progress and enduring impact in all my endeavours, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: John 14:26; Zechariah 4:6

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Colossians 2:6-23, Isaiah 29-30

2 Year Reading Plan : John 4:43-54, 1 Kings 15
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:28am On Oct 10, 2013
An Exciting Life · Thursday, October 10th ·

Pastor Chris

For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but
righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost
(Romans 14:17).

The more you study the scriptures, the
more convinced you’ll be that Christianity
isn’t a religion at all, but a living, exciting,
fulfilling, and extraordinary walk in the
supernatural. I made this discovery early in
life as a young lad. The more I studied the
Word of God, the more excited I was
about Jesus; I discovered that Christianity works. I discovered that the Word was living and active. I discovered that the miracles in the Bible weren’t mere
stories, and that the Holy Spirit was more than an
influence.

Let’s look at some exciting examples in the Scriptures
of some of those in whose lives the Holy Spirit
manifested His extraordinary power. Judges 15:16 tells
us how Samson overcame a thousand trained soldiers
with the jawbone of an ass. In 1 Samuel 17:34-35, David
testified how he killed a lion and a bear with his bare
hands. Consider Moses: Once, he and the Israelites were
hemmed in between the Red Sea, and the charging
Egyptian troops. The Bible tells us that as Moses
stretched his hand over the Sea, it split wide open for
the Israelites to walk through on dry ground.

How exciting and inspiring to know that the same Spirit
that worked with these and other Bible characters, as
well as the Lord Jesus, and the apostles, is the same
Spirit that’s at work in us today. 2 Corinthians 4:7 says,
"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the
excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us."
Ours is even better, because like the Lord Jesus, we
have the fullness of the Spirit (John 1:16, Colossians
2:9-10).

The same Spirit that raised Him from the dead lives in us
today in His fullness (Romans 8:11); therefore, you can
walk in fellowship with God as the prophets, the Lord
Jesus, and the apostles did. You can live an exciting life
of victory, success, and excellence by the same Spirit.

Prayer

Dear Father, I thank you for your Word that
has brought the reality of the divine life to light in
me. I live a joyful, exciting, and glorious life in
absolute liberty and mastery over Satan and all
circumstances, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 8:11

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Reading Plan : Colossians 3:1-4:1, Isaiah 31-32
2 Year Reading Plan : John 5:1-9, 1 Kings 16
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:23am On Oct 11, 2013
His Pearl Of Great Price · Friday, October 11th ·

Pastor Chris

Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field (Matthew 13:44).

The Lord Jesus likened the Kingdom of heaven to a treasure, which a man found in the field, and sold everything he had to buy the field. Notice that Jesus didn’t say the man bought the treasure, but that he bought the field that contained the treasure. The treasure is the Church; and following the interpretation Jesus gave of the parable of the sower, the field is the world (Matthew 13:38). The Bible says in 1 Corinthians 6:20 and 1 Corinthians 7:23 that we were bought with a price. We’re the treasure in the field which the Master bought.

The Master also likened the Kingdom to a merchant, seeking precious pearls of great value: "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it" (Matthew 13:45-46). We (the Church) are that pearl of great price; we’re His purchased, special possession: "But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvellous light" (1 Peter 2:9 AMP).

Our value to Him is revealed in the price He paid for our salvation: "Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold…but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot" (1 Peter 1:18-19). There’re people who often like to tell us that we’re not very special. Even sometimes in the church, there’re those who, in testifying of something great the Lord has done in their lives would say, "God did suchand- such for me, and it isn’t because I’m special…." They think they’re being humble when they say that, but they’re actually being ignorant. We’re special. Think about it: we were bought with the blood of Jesus Christ.

You’re worth the blood of Jesus Christ. See yourself as such. Live everyday with the consciousness that you’re special to God! That realization will inspire greater boldness and confidence in your spirit. Suddenly, you’d realize that indeed, nothing is impossible, unachievable, or too good for you. Think, talk, and live as one who knows his true value and worth to God; you’re His pearl of great price.

Prayer  Dear Father, I thank you for creating me in your image, and in your likeness, for beauty and for glory! I recognize myself as your peculiar treasure and pearl of great price, fashioned for good works; I show forth your wonderful deeds and display your virtues and perfections today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Psalm 135:4; Ephesians 2:10 (AMP);

Deuteronomy 14:2; Titus 2:13-14

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : Colossians 4:2-18, Isaiah 33-34

2 Year Reading Plan : John 5:10-18, 1 Kings 17-18
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:46am On Oct 12, 2013
DON'T SETTLE FOR THE AVERAGE LIFE-DATE SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2013

PASTOR ANITA OYAKHILOME*

Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours; Whether Paul, or Apollos, or Cephas, or the world, or life, or death, or things present, or things to come; all are yours; And ye are Christ's; and Christ is God's. (1 Corinthians 3:21-23)

God didn't create you to suffer and struggle through life. Some people suffer and settle for the lesser things in life because they're ignorant of their rights, privileges and inheritance in Christ. Some have thought it
wrong to live well and look good. They have the notion that it's better to live in poverty and go to heaven. Living in poverty, sickness and defeat has nothing to do with going to heaven; in fact, that's inconsistent with the Gospel. However, living in health, dominion, and in God's provision is the will of God for you.

God didn't plan a miserable life for you. His Word, apart from showing you His will for your life, also reveals your inheritance in Christ. 2 Corinthians 8:9 ,declares, "For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich." Jesus became poor that we might become rich. What you have
to do to enjoy the life of prosperity He's
brought you into is to live in His Word!

In Isaiah 1:19, God said, "If ye be willing and obedient, ye shalt eat the good of the land." The Living Bible puts it this way: "If you will only let me help you, if you will only obey, I will make you rich." Your submission to God's Word as final authority in your life is the key to living in your inheritance in Christ and enjoying life to the full. God has already given you all things
to enjoy; so don't settle for the average
life.

FURTHER STUDY
1 Timothy 6:17
Charge them that are rich in this world,
that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;

Ecclesiastes 5:18
Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion.

PRAYER
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the rich and beautiful life you've brought me into in Christ. I thank you for bringing me into my place of inheritance in Christ Jesus, where you've made all things available to me to freely enjoy, in Jesus' Name. Amen.

DAILY SCRIPTURE READING
1 Year Bible Reading Plan
1 Thessalonians 1-2:1-16
Isaiah 35-37

2 Year Bible Reading Plan
John 5:19-27
1 Kings 19
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:23am On Oct 13, 2013
Light Through Darkness · Sunday, October 13th ·

Pastor Chris

Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee. For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising (Isaiah 60:1-3).

Have you ever wondered why there’re people who are desperately wicked, and treat others with such cruelty? Like what happened several years ago in Sierra Leone, where many had their limbs amputated, including babies. I recall watching a documentary where some of the victims narrated their ordeal. The perpetrators, some of whom were boy-soldiers conscripted to wreak the havoc, had no restraint. They acted with inhuman heartlessness and wickedness.

Such injurious and vicious acts of cruelty don’t happen by themselves; they’re orchestrated by demoniacal forces over whom we have authority in the Name of Jesus. As a child of God, therefore, you must continually exercise your authority in the Name of Jesus against the demonic powers that lure men into such acts of wickedness, breaking their influence over the people.

In Mark 16:17, Jesus said concerning the believing ones, "And these signs shall follow them that believe; in my name shall they cast out devils…." Then in Matthew 5:14 He said, "Ye are the light of the world…." The dark places of the earth may have been filled with habitations of cruelty, but we can do something about it. So don’t be quiet. We’re the light in a dark world. You don’t have to be physically domiciled in these turbulent regions, but you can effect changes from where you are through authoritative prayers in the Name of Jesus.

You have the power to frustrate the evil one, and insist that the peace of God governs the nations, and rules in men’s heart. Pray specially today for those in war-torn regions, especially children, who have been displaced due to these senseless acts of violence. Pray that they’d find comfort and peace in the Lord, and that through the intervention of the Spirit and the activities of angels, many would be guided to receive salvation.

Prayer  Dear heavenly Father, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I come against the evil schemes and devices of the devil to cause chaos and anarchy around the world. I speak peace, and declare that the ministry of the Gospel goes on unhindered in all nations, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y:
 Luke 10:19
"Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. "

Philippians 2:9-10
9: Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10: That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Thessalonians 2:17-3:1-13, Isaiah 38-39

2 Year Reading Plan : John 5:28-32, 1 Kings 20

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:41am On Oct 14, 2013
He’s Given Us Everything! · Monday, October 14th ·

Pastor Chris

Therefore, let no man glory in men. For all things are yours (1 Corinthians 3:21).

How wonderful the Lord is! He doesn’t withhold any good thing from us. The truth is, He’s given us everything. Ephesians 1:3 says, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with ALL spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ." He’s already blessed us. God isn’t going to give you anything more than He’s already given you in Christ.

Think about it: He’s given you the Spirit without measure; there couldn’t be anything better than that! John 3:34 says, "For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him." Then, in John 20:21, the Lord Jesus said to the disciples, just before He ascended into heaven, "...as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you" (John 20:21). This means that Jesus has sent us the same way He was sent of the Father; and He’s given us the Spirit without measure also (Acts 2:4). This is so awesome. You don’t need to look out anymore, craving "more" blessings from God, having already received the fullness of the Spirit. You have everything in Him.

When we talk about walking in the fullness of His blessings, it doesn’t refer to God giving you more; because He’s already given you all there is. However, as you follow the principles of God’s Word, you enter into greater levels of what He’s already made available to you; not that God will make any effort to give you something more.

He already gave us everything that is necessary for life and godliness: "According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue" (2 Peter 1:3). Observe that it says, "through the knowledge" (Greek: epignosis) of Him"; that means full and accurate knowledge of God. The more we know Him, the more we enjoy that which we know about Him. It’s important that you get to know Him through the Word, and know all that He’s already made available to you in Christ to enjoy them.

Prayer  

Dear Father, I thank you for giving me all things in Christ. Thank you for giving me a life of righteousness, glory, grace, and dominion in Christ Jesus. Thank you for giving me all things free, to enjoy, and for making me the symbol of your blessings, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1 Timothy 6:17; Acts 20:32

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Thessalonians 4:1-18, Isaiah 40-41

2 Year Reading Plan : John 5:33-47, 1 Kings 21
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:18am On Oct 15, 2013
Let The Spirit Guide You · Tuesday, October 15th ·

Pastor Chris

What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also (1 Corinthians 14:15).

One of the numerous benefits of praying in other tongues is the fact that it gets you synchronized with the will, purpose, and timing of God. Those who haven’t understood this awesome benefit of speaking in tongues would rather use vain repetitions; numerous words in their understanding to try to express themselves to God. The Lord Jesus already pointed out the fruitlessness of praying that way: "But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking" (Matthew 6:7).

What do you want to tell a God who knows everything? He gave us the ability to pray in other tongues. When you pray in tongues, your spirit is stirred to know the mind of God. In 1 Corinthians 14:15, the Apostle Paul said, "...I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also...." He gave pre-eminence to praying in other tongues because that way, the Spirit stirs your heart and guides you to pray the will of the Father.

Sometimes, some Christians unwittingly ask God for things that could ruin them. That wouldn’t be the case if they had prayed fervently in other tongues: they’d have been guided by the Spirit as to what to ask for, and how! The Spirit helps our limitations in prayer; He bears us up in our weaknesses. He grants us the right spiritual expressions in our communion with the Father: "Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered" (Romans 8:26).

Prayer  

Dear Father, I thank you for the tremendous blessings and impact of your Word and the ministry of the Spirit in my life. My spirit is energized and sensitized to know your will, purpose, and direction for me; and I walk in the path of divine destiny, fulfilling your perfect will for me, in Jesus Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: 1Corinthians 14:14-15;1Corinthians 14:39; Jude 1:20

1 Corinthians 14:14-15
For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. 15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

1 Corinthians 14:39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Thessalonians 5:1-28, Isaiah 42-43

2 Year Reading Plan : John 6:1-14, 1 Kings 22
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:03am On Oct 16, 2013
Empowered Witnesses · Wednesday, October 16th ·

Pastor Anita

And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness…And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all (Acts 4:31, 33).

The Lord Jesus, before His ascension, said "… ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth" (Acts 1:8 ). That means you have the self-generating power to effect changes, and be an effective witness for the Lord Jesus. This power works like a dynamo in you and it’s by the operation of the Holy Spirit.

The Master also described the operation of the power of the Holy Spirit in the Christian as "... rivers of living water" (John 7:38). There’s something "bubbling" inside us, propelling us to minister the Word of God with power, and dispense His goodness. The presence of the Holy Spirit, not just with us, but in us, makes us effective witnesses of the resurrection. We just can’t keep quiet about the Gospel; it’s like fire shut up in our bones (Jeremiah 20:9).

The Church of Jesus Christ is not weak and powerless, as the devil would want to make us believe; we’re empowered witnesses. We’re anointed to preach the Gospel, "…not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect" (1 Corinthians 1:17), but in the demonstration of the Spirit, and of power (1 Corinthians 2:4). The cross of Christ wouldn’t be effective in our day if our preaching comes only with words. Christianity is a supernatural life and the power of God must be demonstrated in our lives, and we must impact the world with the same power. Anything short of this isn’t true Christianity.

Keep walking in the light of God’s Word, and be conscious of the reality of the Holy Spirit who lives in you, and has endued you with power to be an effective witness.

Prayer
  Dear Father, I thank you for anointing me with the Holy Spirit and with power to effect changes and be an effective witness of the resurrection. Your power in me is activated today as I minister the Gospel and dispense your goodness to my world, to the effect that many would be brought into the knowledge of your grace and love, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Mark 16:15; 1 Corinthians 2:1-5

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Thessalonians 1:1-12, Isaiah 44-45

2 Year Reading Plan : John 6:15-21, 2 Kings 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:53am On Oct 17, 2013
Boldly Say What God Has Said… · Thursday, October 17th ·

Pastor Chris

...For he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me (Hebrews 13:5-6).

When it comes to declaring the Word of God, you have to be unflinching; be bold to say what God has said about you. The Word in your mouth is God talking, and has inherent power to produce what it says. When you speak the Word with the boldness of the Spirit, things change.

The Bible tells us in Acts 4:31 that the Apostles were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the Word with boldness. What was it they said that passed as the Word of God? In this context, whatever they might have said about themselves, on the basis of what God has said, is the Word of God. It also implies preaching; being bold to affirm the Gospel. The Apostle Peter for one, on the day of Pentecost, declared the Word of God with such boldness that three thousand souls were saved after they heard him speak. Peter’s words were so impregnated with divine energy that it pricked the hearts of his hearers: "Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?" (Acts 2:37).

Never be timid about the Word; declare it at all times with boldness. Be bold to declare who you are, what you have, and what God has accomplished for you in Christ. For example, 2 Corinthians 5:21 says, "For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him." Therefore, be bold to declare that you’ve been made righteous; you’re the proof of His goodness and equity. Speak boldly in consonance with that word, declaring to everyone that you’re the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.

Even now, make bold confessions of the Word about yourself! Declare that you’re in Christ: in Him you live and move, and have your being! You reign with Him in the realms of glory; you’re a victor, and your life is for the glory of God!

Confession  

Greater is He that’s in me than he that’s in the world. I’m living the life of glory and excellence through the power of God’s Spirit. I’m reigning as a king in life, having received abundance of grace, and the gift of righteousness. Halleluiah.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Ephesians 6:19; Hebrews 4:12 (AMP)

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Thessalonians 2:1-17, Isaiah 46-47

2 Year Reading Plan : John 6:22-29, 2 Kings 3

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 10:27am On Oct 18, 2013
Fuel Your Passion For The Gospel! · Friday, October 18th ·

Pastor Chris

Never lag in zeal and in earnest endeavour; be aglow and burning with the Spirit, serving the Lord (Romans 12:11 AMP).

The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only saving message for the world, and you’re a custodian of this life-changing message. It’s the message of power by which God saves, heals, protects, delivers, preserves, and prospers. In Romans 1:16-17, the Apostle Paul said, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith."

Observe those beautiful, Spirit-inspired words carefully; it says, the Gospel is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believes. The Gospel isn’t one of the requirements nor part of God’s power for salvation, no! The Holy Spirit, penning down this truth through Paul, was absolute! The Gospel is God’s ONLY power to save man. You must be convinced about this and become passionate in your spirit for the Gospel.

When you’re passionate about the Gospel it’ll impact those around you. Passion is like fire that must be fuelled, otherwise it’ll be extinguished. Therefore, you must fuel your passion for the Gospel. The Gospel of Christ must burn in your heart. Fuel your passion for the Gospel by talking and sharing it again and again! Talk and discuss the Gospel. Discuss with people of like passion: those who are equally fired up in their spirits for the Gospel.

Don’t spend time on the wrong information that could dissipate your zeal; don’t spend time with those who have no passion for the Lord, and for the Gospel. Spend time in the Gospel! Keep talking the Word and of your love for Christ and His Kingdom. The more you talk about His kindness, goodness, love for the world, and His message of salvation, the more the fire of His love will burn in the quarters of your heart!

Prayer  Dear Father, I thank you for making me a custodian of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the only message that can save the sinner, and bring them out of darkness into the glorious life of righteousness! I thank you for counting me faithful and worthy to be a minister of reconciliation; I’m ministering the Gospel with power, to the unsaved around me today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 1:18

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 2 Thessalonians 3:1-18, Isaiah 48-49

2 Year Reading Plan : John 6:30-40 2 Kings 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:13am On Oct 19, 2013
You Can "Make" Something Out Of Nothing! · Saturday, October 19th

Pastor Chris

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear (Hebrews 11:3).

Our theme scripture shows us the power of faith. It says through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the Word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. This means you can bring something out of nothing, through faith. How do you acquire faith? Romans 10:17 says, "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." That means if you didn’t have enough faith, you could make faith come to you by hearing the Word. Faith comes to you in the Word, and with that faith, you can make things happen.

This completely debunks the mentality of those who sit idly by, waiting for "something good to happen to them." Never wait for things to happen by themselves. Through faith you can create something out of nothing. 2 Corinthians 4:6 reveals an important principle to this effect; it says, "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

Notice that God didn’t wait for the darkness to turn to light; He commanded the light to shine out of darkness! There’s a difference between lighting up a dark place and shining light out of darkness. The latter is the faith of God Jesus described in Mark 11:22.

Now, remember, we’re made in the image and likeness of God; that means we look like Him, and can function like Him. Therefore, when life looks dark, and things look confusing, you can make something good out of that seemingly distressing situation with the Word of faith in your mouth. You can command light out of darkness. What you need is the Word of God; when that Word comes to you, it will spark up faith in your spirit to see endless possibilities. Put that faith to work through words and "make something out of nothing."

Confession  

God, who commanded light to shine out of darkness, has shined in my heart! Therefore, I have received that same ability of faith, to call forth those things which I desire to see in my life. I manifest joy, prosperity and victory, everyday, in the Name of Jesus, Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Genesis 1:1-3; Mark 11:22-23

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Timothy 1:1-20, Isaiah 50-51

2 Year Reading Plan : John 6:41-51 2 Kings 5

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:42am On Oct 20, 2013
Prosperity—An Ability · Sunday, October 20th ·

Pastor Anita

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth (3 John 1:2).

Many have only thought of prosperity in terms of money or the multiplication of material possessions, but prosperity is first an ability. Material possessions or finances are often the most common symbols or indications of prosperity, which is why many equate prosperity with money; but it’s beyond money.

Let’s review the example of Joseph in Genesis 39:2; the Bible describes him as a prosperous man: "And the Lord was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian." We’re told that he (Joseph) made his master, Potiphar, to prosper, to the extent that Potiphar made Joseph overseer of all that he had: "…the Lord blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and the blessing of the Lord was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field. And he left all that he had in Joseph’s hand…" (Genesis 39:5-6).

Even after he was falsely accused and sent to prison, the Bible says that Joseph was still prosperous. He was put in charge of the prisoners and the Lord made him successful in all that he did (Genesis 39:22- 23). You can be "in prison," and be prosperous. You can be working for somebody or an organization, and be the reason for their prosperity. Consider Jacob: the Bible says he made Laban to prosper. In Genesis 30:27, Laban testified of this to Jacob and said, "…I have learned by experience that the LORD hath blessed me for thy sake."

Much more than the acquisition of material possessions, prosperity is the ability to help others prosper! It’s the ability to do what you want to do, go where you want to go, and be whatever you want to be to the glory of Christ! It’s the ability to please God, and walk with the Spirit, and have His glory manifested in your life! It’s the Spirit of dominion at work in your life as a child of God.

You’ve been empowered by God, not just to prosper spiritually, mentally, physically and materially, but also to make others prosperous.

Prayer  

I’m growing in grace and increasing in the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ. The Word is prevailing in my life, causing me to prosper in my body, finances and in every area of my life! I’ve been empowered to bring prosperity to others, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Deuteronomy 8:18; 2 Corinthians 8:9

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Timothy 2:1-15, Isaiah 52-53

2 Year Reading Plan : John 6:52-60, 2 Kings 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:38am On Oct 21, 2013
Justified To Reign · Monday, October 21st

Pastor Chris

For if by one man’s offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ (Romans 5:17).

A righteousness which is without the Law; that’s the righteousness which is by the faith of Jesus Christ (Romans 3:21, 22). That righteousness has been credited to your account as a child of God. This had nothing to do with your actions: what you did, or didn’t do; it’s the grace of God! Ephesians 2:9 says, "Not of works, lest any man should boast." It’s therefore pointless to try to impress God with your "works."

Acts 13:39 tells us, "And by him (Jesus Christ) all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses." Meaning that if you believe in Jesus, you’ve been accounted righteous and declared not guilty: that which couldn’t be achieved by keeping the Law with its ordinances has now been perfected by the faith of Christ. Romans 4:24-25 says, "But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead; Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification." This is a legal or formal declaration of innocence. Jesus was delivered to death for your offenses, and raised back to life for your acquittal; you’ve been formally declared not guilty. God is not charging you with any wrong, because to Him, you never sinned. How could this be?

The reason is that, being born again, you’re now a new man, with the life and nature of God, having no past. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creation: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." You have a new life in Christ; the resurrection life (Romans 6:4); you’ve been justified by faith, to reign and rule in life: "…they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:17).

Confession  

I’m a new creation in Christ Jesus, born with the resurrection life! I’ve embraced the righteousness which is by the faith of Jesus Christ, through which I’ve been justified to reign and rule in life. I walk in the light of my new life in Christ, conscious of my right standing with God, having received abundance of grace, and of the gift of righteousness.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Romans 5:1; Romans 3:20-24

Romans 5:1
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Romans 3:20-24
20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his
sight: for by the law is the knowledge of
sin.
21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being
witnessed by the law and the prophets;
22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and
upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ
Jesus:

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Timothy 3:1-16, Isaiah 54-56

2 Year Reading Plan : John 6:61-71, 2 Kings 7-8

1 Like

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 5:15am On Oct 22, 2013
You’re Alive To God! · Tuesday, October 22nd ·

Pastor Chris

Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord (Romans 6:11).

If you’re born again you’re alive to God. This isn’t so for those who aren’t born again; they’re spiritually dead, being totally alienated from the life of God. They’re the ones the Master referred to in Matthew 8:22 & Luke 9:60, when He said, "…let the dead bury their dead." The "spiritually dead" aren’t alive to God; they’re not awakened to the Fatherhood of God and to the reality of the Spirit realm. If you’ve never been born again, I encourage you to give your life to Christ even now; just say, "Lord Jesus, come into my heart to be the Lord of my life."

When you’re born again, the Holy Spirit becomes real to you, and you’re awakened to the efficacy of the Word of God. Suddenly, you recognize Jesus Christ not only as Lord of your life, but also as one with whom you have rich and intimate fellowship! You become awakened to God’s realm of life; a realm that’s beyond this world. No wonder Jesus said you’re not of this world (John 15:19).

When you’re alive to God His light shines in your spirit; His Word works in you: you become alive to His healing power, His righteousness, prosperity, and wisdom! It’s easy for the Lord to instruct and guide you from within; because you’re tuned-in to Him.

For the rest of the day, especially when you get the chance to be alone, say repeatedly to yourself, "I’m alive to God." You’d be amazed at what’ll happen in your spirit! The consciousness of the victory of Christ— His power, glory, love, and grace will increase in your life! You’d become more cognizant of the dominion of the Spirit of God in your life. Blessed be God!

Confession  I’m alive to God; having been brought into fellowship with the Lord Jesus Christ. I belong in the Kingdom of God’s dear Son, where I reign and rule by the power of the Spirit! I thank you Father, for bringing me into such a beautiful place of glory, beauty, honour, and prosperity, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Ephesians 2:1; Hebrews 12:22

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Timothy 4:1-16, Isaiah 57-58

2 Year Reading Plan : John 7:1-10, 2 Kings
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by Gombs(m): 6:09am On Oct 23, 2013
Heirs Of Prosperity · Wednesday, October 23rd ·

Pastor Chris

And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise (Galatians 3:29).

You need never pray "O God prosper me," because in Christ Jesus, you’re an heir of prosperity. Praying to God to prosper you is asking Him to make you what you already are! Just as righteousness has been imparted to your spirit, greatness has been imparted to your spirit. You were born an heir of the Sovereign.

2 Corinthians 8:9 says, "For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich."

In the same sense that He died that you might live, and became sin (that is, the sin sacrifice) that you might be made righteous, He also became poor that you might be an heir of prosperity: "And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ…" (Romans 8:17). Now, everything He owns belongs to you; He made and owns the whole world. In Haggai 2:8 He said, "The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the Lord of hosts." It’s up to you to use His Name and reject poverty, sickness and everything that’s not of God from your life, and live joyfully in prosperity all your days.

Prayer
  Dear Father, I thank you for the awesome inheritance, which you’ve bequeathed to me in Christ! You’ve given me an incorruptible inheritance, and a glorious life in you! I fulfill your desire for me by walking in prosperity, health, and success, to your glory, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

f u r t h e r s t u d y: Ephesians 1:11; Colossians 1:12

Daily Scripture Reading

1 Year Reading Plan : 1 Timothy 5:1-25, Isaiah 59-60

2 Year Reading Plan : John 7:11-19, 2 Kings 10

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (106) (Reply)

A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 228
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.