Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250577 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by simplymee: 8:16pm On Dec 10, 2010
It is wonderful to know that God loves me so much even after all that i have done. His love stands out as top and i am his NO. 1 FAN.
This is all we need to know and walk in AS IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE. A friend once said 'THE LOVE OF GOD IS REAL'.
NAIRALANDERS, lets put smiles on the faces of people this xmas season by showing them what true love really means.
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:03am On Dec 17, 2010
Subject: You Can Have Faith For Others To Be Healed – Friday December 17, 2010 – Pastor Chris

You Can Have Faith For Others To Be Healed

Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour (Matthew 8:13).

The Bible tells several inspiring stories of people who had faith for others to be healed. They couldn’t bring their loved ones to Jesus for one reason or the other, yet they got a miracle. This means therefore, that you can have faith for someone else to receive a miracle.

A certain Centurion whose dear servant was sick and ready to die is one of such. When he heard of Jesus, he sent the elders of the Jews to beseech Him that He would come and heal his servant. Jesus agreed and followed them. But just before they got to the Centurion’s house, the Centurion sent a message to Jesus and said, “Lord, don’t trouble yourself; for I’m not worthy that you should enter under my roof; neither do I consider myself worthy to come to you, but just give the word, and my servant shall be healed” (Luke 7:2-7).

When Jesus heard the words of the centurion He marvelled at his faith and turned to those that followed Him and said, “I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.” By the time the messengers got back to the Centurion’s house, they found the hitherto sick servant perfectly healed and made whole (Luke 7:9-10). The faith of his master prevailed and he (the servant) got a miracle!

If the Centurion could demonstrate great faith on his servant’s behalf and get a miracle, you too can have faith to receive a miracle today for your loved ones – your spouse, siblings, parents, or children. You can intercede or meditate for a miracle for your office, school, or community. Like the Centurion, all you need is a word from the Master, and that word has already been given, He said ‘…in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you. Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full (John 16:23-24).

So the question is: What do you want? The centurion was very clear about what he wanted for his servant and he was convinced that the Master’s words were potent enough to give him a miracle. The same applies to you today! Stand in the gap for others who are weak and helpless by asking the Father, in the Name of Jesus, for a miracle on their behalf, and it will be done unto you!

Prayer
Dear Father I thank you for the ability you’ve given me to stand in the gap for others by demonstrating my faith in your Word on their behalf. I pray today for those who are sick and in hospitals, especially those amongst them who are preachers and ministers of the Gospel, that your healing power will mantle them, breaking the stronghold of sickness and disease off them, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Mark 7:25-30
For a certain woman, whose young daughter had an unclean spirit, heard of him, and came and fell at his feet:
26The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.
27But Jesus said unto her, Let the children first be filled: for it is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast it unto the dogs.
28And she answered and said unto him, Yes, Lord: yet the dogs under the table eat of the children's crumbs.
29And he said unto her, For this saying go thy way; the devil is gone out of thy daughter.
30And when she was come to her house, she found the devil gone out, and her daughter laid upon the bed.

Hebrews 11:35
Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Revelation 9
Reading plan Ezekiel 47-48

2 Year Bible Revelation 14:11-20
Reading Plan Habakkuk 1-2
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:35am On Dec 24, 2010
Subject: You Have Love In You! – Friday December 24, 2010 – Pastor Anita

You Have Love In You!

And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us (Romans 5:5).

Some people wallow in self-pity because they feel unloved. Out of dejection they make statements like “I feel so far away from God. Maybe He doesn’t love me; I don’t think anyone loves me.” This shouldn’t be your experience if you’re a Christian because God loves you and has filled you with His love. He brought all of His love into your heart when He took up His abode in you. So there’s no reason to feel unloved or dejected because as long as God loves you, it doesn’t matter who doesn’t.

Instead of looking for people to love you, you can actually be the one giving out love. The Bible says “…the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us” (Romans 5:5). God’s nature of love is in your heart already and you can share it with others who feel unloved, letting them know that God so loved them that He sent His Son to reach out to them, even when they didn’t care about Him.

If you’re born again God has reconciled you to Himself by Jesus Christ and has committed unto you the ministry of reconciling others to Him. Now, you’re the one to show the loveless, that have no hope, the love of God, for you have it in your heart. Share that love today. Sow that gift of love into someone’s life today.

Most people feel empty because they don’t have love in them, but as one who is born again, you have love in you. So it’s your responsibility to go out and share it. And what a great opportunity the season offers us to share God’s love with others. Make it a merry Christmas indeed for that loveless one who feels abandoned and neglected. Let him know that he’s the reason Jesus was born; he’s the reason for the season.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you because I have your very nature of love in my spirit; therefore, I do not hesitate to demonstrate love to my neighbours today. I’m rooted and grounded in your love that’s shared abroad in my heart by your Spirit who dwells in me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 3:17-19
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

1 John 4:7-8
Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Revelation 16
Reading plan Haggai

2 Year Bible Revelation 18:13-24
Reading Plan Zechariah 3-4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:02pm On Dec 26, 2010
Commissioned To Reach The Whole World! – Sunday December 26, 2010 - Pastor Chris

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come (Matthew 24:14).

The Bible tells us in Luke chapter one of how the man of God, Zechariah, in excitement at the birth of John, his newborn son, prophetically addressed the little boy: “And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways; To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins, Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us, To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace” (Luke 1:76-79).

I remember praying with these words many years ago as the anointing of God was stirred within me. I realized it was my commission to preach the Gospel to the whole world.  John was sent at the first advent of Christ, to preach a message which wasn’t to the whole world, but to Israel. We have been sent ahead of the second coming of Christ to give the knowledge of salvation unto ALL people.

This was what Jesus came to do; He came with a message to the world, and after preaching it to a certain point, He went to heaven and commissioned us to carry on from where He left off: “…he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand” (Isaiah 53:10). We’re that seed, in whose hands the pleasure of the Lord is prospering as we preach His message to the ends of the earth! We bring glory to Him today as we go as lights to those in darkness and the shadow of death.

You're the light of the world, but you’ll never know how brightly your light could shine until you reach out to those living in darkness. You’ll never know how powerful the gifts of God in your life are until you come to those in the shadow of death. Get committed to preaching the Gospel today; we’ve been commissioned to preach it to the whole world! What a glorious Christmas it would be for you, and for that one to whom you take the light of the Gospel and lead to Christ this yuletide season.

Confession
I’ve been called to go forth and give the knowledge of salvation unto all people by the remission of their sins, through the tender mercy of our God. I am the light of the world, and I give light to those in my world today and guide their feet into the way of peace. Amen.

Further Study
Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Psalms 22:27-28
All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee. For the kingdom is the LORD's: and he is the governor among the nations.
Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible             Revelation 18
Reading plan            Zechariah 4-6  

2 Year Bible             Revelation 19:11-21  
Reading Plan            Zechariah 7-8
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by AKHOZEM: 1:08pm On Dec 27, 2010
thanks
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by toorich: 1:51pm On Dec 27, 2010
Great job,I love this good work. God bless you for blessing me
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 2:17pm On Dec 27, 2010
@toorich, amen o!
i'll try and make it more frequent
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:13pm On Jan 01, 2011
The Father Of Eternity

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, the everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6).

To many people in the world today, the future is bleak and uncertain because as far as they are concerned, no one knows tomorrow. So they live in blind hope, consoling themselves with the words, ‘Whatever will be will be!” But if you’re a child of God your heavenly Father knows tomorrow; therefore you can trust Him to lead and guide you into that great future He’s prepared and prearranged for you.

One of the names the Prophet Isaiah used in describing our heavenly Father in our opening verse is the phrase, “everlasting Father.” Now, this doesn’t just mean the Father that lives on and on and never dies. Of course it includes that; but the actual Hebrew rendering shows it means “Father of eternity.” So, He’s the Father that knows the future; the Father of an endless, joyful, successful, prosperous, healthy life!

God doesn’t have to wait for tomorrow to turn things around in your favour. You can trust Him today to handle your tomorrow, for He sees and knows all things. Your whole life is laid out before Him in pictures. He knows everywhere you’ll be at every point in your life, and knows every person you’ll ever meet. He knows every word you’ll ever speak.

In Isaiah 1:19, He says, “If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land.” The Living Bible translation puts it in the right context for us; it says, “If you will only let me help you, if you will only obey, then I will make you rich!” So, being the first day of the New Year, the everlasting Father is saying to you: “If you’ll let Me, I’ll cause the year to produce good for you! I’ll prosper you and cause you to excel beyond your dreams!”

God already knows what the year holds for you; therefore, you can trust Him to take care of you, help you and prosper you throughout this year. He knows whatever adversity satan may have placed in your path, which you may not be aware of. But as you diligently seek the Lord and serve Him, you can trust He’ll turn things around in your favour, and cause you to fulfil His destiny for you this year.

What you need is to keep receiving guidance and direction from Him through the Word of God and the Holy Spirit, on a daily basis! Take your personal times of prayer and meditation very seriously, and you’ll have a prosperous, joyous and successful year indeed.

Prayer
Blessed Father, I trust you to help, guide and lead me in the path of your destiny for me this year. I begin this year with the confidence and assurance that your wisdom is in my heart and in my mouth, causing me to do your will, every day of this year, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Psalm 90:2
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 1
Reading plan Genesis 1-2

2 Year Bible Matthew 1:1-14
Reading Plan Genesis 1
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by toorich: 11:46pm On Jan 01, 2011
Amen. Thank you
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:18pm On Jan 03, 2011
Gracious, Merciful And Kind! – Monday January 3, 2011 – Pastor Anita

Gracious, Merciful And Kind!

The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion; slow to anger, and of great mercy (Psalm 145:cool.

Ephesians 2:4-5 says, “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved).” Even when you were deep in sin, God loved you. Psalm 103:8 also says “The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.” We serve a gracious and merciful heavenly Father, who is slow to wrath and quick to save and forgive.

There’s no sin so great that the blood of Jesus can’t cleanse. God’s forgiveness has nothing to do with the magnitude or gravity of your offence. Ephesians 1:7 says, “In whom (Jesus Christ) we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace.” This lets you know that in Christ Jesus, you have redemption through His blood, and the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace, not according to how minor or severe your sins are.

When you understand the love of God and how gracious He is, rather than run from Him when you do something wrong or make a mistake, you’ll run to Him. No wonder He says in Hebrews 4:16: “Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.” You may be reading this today, but for some time now, you’ve carried this weight of guilt because of something you did wrong. Talk to the Lord about it and ask Him to forgive you.

Never allow the feeling of guilt or self condemnation fritter away your faith and dampen your zeal for spiritual things! The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger and plenteous in mercy. He’s ever willing to take you from where you are to your glorious place in Christ. His forgiveness is available even now: “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (1 John 1:9).

God never encourages us to sin (1 John 2:1-2), but He lets us know that if you do sin, you have an advocate in the Person of Jesus, thus you have a right of appeal. He has graciously made forgiveness for sin one of your divine rights and privileges as a new creation in Christ.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for your great love, mercy and compassion towards me! I rejoice to know that, in Christ, I’ve been redeemed through His blood, and have forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of your grace! Thank you for the glorious liberty to come boldly to the throne of grace to obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Psalm 86:15
But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

Jonah 4:2
And he prayed unto the LORD, and said, I pray thee, O LORD, was not this my saying, when I was yet in my country? Therefore I fled before unto Tarshish: for I knew that thou art a gracious God, and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repentest thee of the evil.

Nehemiah 9:31
Nevertheless for thy great mercies' sake thou didst not utterly consume them, nor forsake them; for thou art a gracious and merciful God.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 3
Reading plan Genesis 6-8

2 Year Bible Matthew 2:2-3
Reading Plan Genesis 3
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:52pm On Jan 04, 2011
Subject: God Delights In Your Prosperity – Tuesday January 4, 2011 – Pastor Chris

God Delights In Your Prosperity

Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, Let the Lord be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant (Psalm 35:27).

There’re many who say it’s wrong for us Christians to be rich, but the Bible lets us know that riches and wealth come from God: “Both riches and honour come of thee, and thou reignest over all; and in thine hand is power and might; and in thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all” (1 Chronicles 29:12). Also, in 2 Chronicles 1:12, we read that God gave Solomon riches, wealth and honour, far beyond what any man on earth has ever had: “…I will give thee riches, and wealth, and honour, such as none of the kings have had that have been before thee, neither shall there any after thee have the like.”

Further more, the Bible shows us three bigwigs that God identified Himself with in the Bible: Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Read about them, they were super rich on earth; yet, in heaven, God still identifies with them. This seems to bust the religious myth that when you’re rich on earth you’ll be small in heaven. It’s therefore wrong for anyone to say that God prefers to identify Himself with the poor and lowly. If that were the case, then many of us wouldn’t stand a chance with Him, including Abraham, whom the Bible says was very rich in cattle, silver, and in gold (Genesis 13:2).

When the king of Sodom wanted to reward Abraham for helping him out in battle, Abraham declined, saying “keep your reward to yourself, else you’ll say you made Abraham rich.” Abraham knew it was God that made him rich. What about his son Isaac? The Bible says “…the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great: For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him” (Genesis 26:13-14). He prospered so much until he became the envy of the Philistines.

So, prosperity is not of the devil; it’s the will of God for you. 3 John 1:2 says, “Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.” God is the one that gives the power to get wealth, so He couldn’t possibly be against being rich and prosperous: “But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day” (Deuteronomy 8:18). He delights in your prosperity.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for making me your heir and putting everything in place for me to walk in super-abundance and experience prosperity in the earth. Your Word shows me today that you delight in my prosperity; for which I rejoice and thank you, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Corinthians 8:9
For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

3 John 1:2
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 4
Reading plan Genesis 9-11

2 Year Bible Matthew 2:13-23
Reading Plan Genesis 4
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:20am On Jan 05, 2011
Subject: Light From Darkness – Wednesday January 5, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Light From Darkness

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts…But we have this treasure in earthen vessels… (2 Corinthians 4:6-7).

The Apostle Paul, through the wisdom of the Spirit describes for us in our opening verse something phenomenal about God: He commanded light to shine out of darkness. It’s a known fact that light and darkness aren’t compatible, so how then could light possibly come out of darkness? Well, the Bible tells us that the things which are impossible with men, are possible with God (Luke 18:27). Remember, the earth was a chaotic mass that was enveloped in complete darkness (Genesis 1:2). But at His command, God brought order to the maddening chaos and light leapt out of the looming darkness.

Now, here’s an amazing thought: this same God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, according to the latter part of our opening scripture, has Himself shone in our hearts! This means he brought within us the same ability to cause light to shine out of any dark situation. So as a Christian, the power to cause something good to come out of a negative situation resides in you. Thus, if for example, you’ve been diagnosed with a debilitating ailment, that ailment or disease, as it were, is the darkness, and you can bring out light – divine healing – out of that situation.

No matter what darkness may be facing you today, you can command light to come out of it. If it’s sickness or pain in the body of a loved one, place your hand on the part of their body where the sickness is and call forth healing. If it’s with your finances, call forth prosperity! God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, has shone in your heart, making impossibilities possible. Can you see why you cannot be disadvantaged? Right in the midst of the seeming impossibilities are your opportunities to excel.

No wonder He says in 2 Corinthians 4:7 “But we have this treasure in earthen vessels…” There’s a treasure in you; it’s a treasure of power, love, light and divine perfection. God has shone in our hearts and given us the ability to bring light out of darkness. Therefore, make a change in your situation today. There’s no problem too hard that you can’t solve, no situation is too hopeless that you can’t change.

Prayer
I know I cannot be disadvantaged because the God that does the unimaginable, the unthinkable, and the unexpected has shone in my heart; and as He is, so am I in this world. He has given me the ability to bring forth good from within me and change hopeless situations. For this I give praise and worship you, glorious Father, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Genesis 1:1-3
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 5:1-20
Reading plan Genesis 12-14

2 Year Bible Matthew 3:1-9
Reading Plan Genesis 5

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:08am On Jan 06, 2011
Subject: He Loads Us With Benefits – Thursday January 6, 2011 – Pastor Anita

He Loads Us With Benefits

He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? (Romans 8:32).

If you work for a thriving corporation, it may increase your wages regularly, give you lots of fringe benefits with certain allowances – a large house, a chauffeur-driven car, summer holidays abroad, scholarships for your children, free medical care, etc. But all these things don’t compare with what the Lord gives. He is the “greatest blesser.” He daily loads us with blessings – benefits “Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation, Selah” (Psalm 68:19).

Think about it: If a firm could give all such wonderful benefits to those in its employ, imagine then what God would give you for working for Him! God’s blessings upon your life, unlike what that multinational corporation you work for may give you, aren’t temporary; they are permanent and irrevocable” “For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance” (Romans 11:29). He doesn’t take back what He gives you.

Your employers may give you all the nice things but they can one day decide to retire you. There is, however no retirement in God nor is there a pension scheme. Nobody is on pension in God’s Kingdom. The more you work for the Lord and with the Lord in His “business” of reaching the lost with the Gospel, the more He honours you for doing it. There’s no man or group on earth that can bless you the way God has already blessed you, and can bless you. Continue to serve Him diligently and He’ll reward your faith and faithfulness.

Prayer
Dear Father, I rejoice exceedingly today knowing that you’ve given me “the blessing,” and endowed with all I need for life and godliness through Christ Jesus. Thank you for your immeasurable gift of grace, and for commanding your blessing upon me forever, causing everything I lay my hands upon to succeed and flourish, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 1:3
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Genesis 12:2
And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

1 Peter 3:9
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 5:21-48
Reading plan Genesis 15-17

2 Year Bible Matthew 3:10-17
Reading Plan Genesis 6
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:11am On Jan 09, 2011
Subject: God Is Your Source – Sunday January 9, 2011 – Pastor Anita

God Is Your Source

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want… (Psalm 23:1).

If you’re born again, it’s important you understand that God is your source. The government will never make you rich for no government was designed to make anyone rich. But when you recognize God as your source and provider, you’ll discover that your financial prosperity has nothing to do with government policies or the state of the world’s economy. When you recognize God as your source, and relate with Him as such, you’ll never lack food, shelter or clothing. You’ll always have all your needs met, for Psalms 34:10 says, “…they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.”

Choose to believe and trust God to take care of you. He is more than able to give you much more than you could ever need! He wants you to always have more than enough, so that besides having your personal needs met, you can be of help and a great blessing to others as well. Because God is your source, you’re like an ocean that never runs dry; you’re not perturbed, limited or disadvantaged by the absence of money or physical resources.

A dear lady once shared her beautiful testimony, describing how she didn’t have a job or means of income, thus for several years, couldn’t pay her mortgage. A number of times, the bank called her and because she couldn’t pay, she was taken to court. However, one day, during this period, she saw Pastor Chris on TV and started listening to the message of faith. On her first appearance in court, the manager who came representing the bank told her “Lady, don’t cry. It’s going to be okay.” There and then, all her debts were cancelled! God took care of them.

The Scripture says, “Whoever believes in Him will not be disappointed” (Romans 10:1 WEB). Trust God with your life. Recognize Him as your source and He’ll meet you at every point of your need.

Prayer
Dear Father, I declare in the Name of Jesus that you’re my source and my great provider! You're the all-sufficient One, and in you I place my trust today and forever, rejoicing with thanksgiving that my needs are met according to your riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
Philippians 4:19
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus

1 Kings 17:2
And the word of the LORD came unto him, saying,

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 7:7-29
Reading plan Genesis 23-24

2 Year Bible Matthew 5:1-10
Reading Plan Genesis 9

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by newmi(m): 4:22pm On Jan 09, 2011
It takes great effort to be consistent with this thank you
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:32am On Jan 10, 2011
Subject: The Fatherhood Of God – Monday January 10, 2011 - Pastor Chris

The Fatherhood Of God

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God (John 1:12-13).

This is one of the most powerful truths revealed to us in the Gospels about the new creation. We are the children of God. To be born again is to be born of God, meaning God is your father. The Bible says in Galatians 4:6 “And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.” If you’re not born again then you don’t have the Spirit of His Son, therefore you cannot call God “Father”

“Are you then saying, if one isn’t born again, he’s not a child of God, but a child of the devil?” Emphatically yes. 1 John 3:10 says, “In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil…” letting us know that there’re only two groups. You either belong to one or the other.

Jesus minced no words about this when He addressed the Jews that didn’t believe in Him, He told them “Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do…” (John 8:44). But for us who are born again, we can all God “Father” and relate with Him as our gracious and loving heavenly Father. How amazing and comforting to know that God is our Father, and that He loves us with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 3:3).

Perhaps you’re reading this today and you’re not born again, but you desire the fatherhood of God; all you need do is say, “O Lord God, I come to you today in the Name of the Jesus. Your Word says “whosoever shall call upon the Name of the Lord shall be saved.” I confess that Jesus Christ is Lord of my life, and believe that God raised Him from the dead. By my faith in His Name, I receive eternal life into my spirit. I thank you for my new life in Christ Jesus Amen.

Prayer
Thank you, heavenly Father, for making me your child; my heart is established and rooted in you today, knowing that you care for me with tender affection. I’m so glad that you’ve sent your Spirit to live within me; the Spirit of adoption, whereby I cry. Abba, Father, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 John 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Romans 8:15
For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 8:1-27
Reading plan Genesis 25-26

2 Year Bible Matthew 5:11-20
Reading Plan Genesis 10
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 3:32pm On Jan 11, 2011
Subject: He Deserves “The Best,” Not “Your Best!” – Tuesday January 11, 2011 – Pastor Chris

He Deserves “The Best,” Not “Your Best!”

You say, ‘Oh, it’s too difficult to serve the Lord and do what he asks.’ And you turn up your noses at the rules he has given you to obey. Think of it! Stolen animals, lame and sick – as offerings to God! Should I accept such offerings as these? asks the Lord. Cursed is that man who promises a fine ram from his flock and substitutes a sick one to sacrifice to God. For I am a Great King, says the Lord Almighty, and my name is to be mightily revered among the Gentiles (Malachi 1:13-14 TLB).

God doesn’t just deserve “your best,” He deserves “the best.” In fact, He demands it, and He’ll accept nothing less. Anytime you give God the best of what you have, you activate a Biblical principle and you’re blessed for your action of faith and trust. This is the reason you must serve God with all your heart and worship Him with everything you have. No offering or sacrifice should be too great for you to give to Him, for you can never out-give God. So give Him the best all the time.

When He gave the Law to the children of Israel, He specifically warned them not to bring anything less than the best before His altar as offering: “And if there be any blemish therein, as if it be lame, or blind, or have any ill blemish, thou shalt not sacrifice it unto the Lord thy God” (Deuteronomy 15:21). If they did, they would come under a curse. And this was their sin against the Lord many years later as read in our opening passage above. But Proverbs 3:9-10 lets us know that when we honour the Lord with our substance, and give Him the best that He deserves we reap an overwhelmingly great harvest. Now, this isn’t just restricted to the giving of your material substance to God but also in the area of your service to Him as well.

You must serve Him with wholehearted devotion, not lagging in zeal, but fuelled and aflame in your spirit as you do His work (Romans 12:11). To be otherwise means you’re lukewarm, thus offering Him service that is defective: “I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth” (Revelation 3:15-16).

Remember, when we needed a Saviour, God didn’t send an angel, He gave His Son Jesus – His very best – to die for our sins. When we needed a teacher, He sent us His Holy Spirit to live in us, teach us all things, and bring us into all truth. God doesn’t consider anything too good for you. Thus, you should serve Him and be dedicated to Him with reckless abandon! You're to give Him your ALL – the very best of who you are and what you have – your time, resources, energy, and your life; for He deserves the best.

Prayer
Dear Father, I reaffirm today that all I am, and all I have are yours forever; and I’ll always worship you with the very best of my substance as a token of my love and gratitude to you for your amazing grace, tender mercies and loving kindness towards me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Proverbs 3:9-10
Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine.

Deuteronomy 10:12
And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,

2 Samuel 24:24
And the king said unto Araunah, Nay; but I will surely buy it of thee at a price: neither will I offer burnt offerings unto the LORD my God of that which doth cost me nothing. So David bought the threshingfloor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 8:28-9:17
Reading plan Genesis 27-28

2 Year Bible Matthew 5:21-30
Reading Plan Genesis 11

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:47am On Jan 12, 2011
Perfect Love! – Wednesday January 12, 2011 – Pastor Anita

There is no fear in love; but perfect love caseth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love (1 John 4:18).

God’s love for you is perfect love, which means it can’t be improved upon, for you don’t improve on perfect. He’s not going to love you more tomorrow or when you get to heaven than He does today. His love for you is absolutely beyond human comprehension! Little wonder the Spirit of God, through the Apostle Paul prayed that we may comprehend the magnitude, and the infinitely boundless nature, of God’s love (Ephesians 3:18-19).

Understanding the love of God and walking in it will completely eliminate fear from your life. When people say, “I’m afraid of this or that,” it’s proof that they’re yet to comprehend what it means to walk in God’s love, for perfect love – God’s love – casts out fear. The reason people lie, steal, kill and do many of the wrong things they do is fear. They’re either afraid of being rejected by others, afraid of the future or afraid of life itself. But when you’re born again, God gives you the spirit of love, not that of fear (2 Timothy 1:7).

If you ever feel afraid of anything, you don’t need to pray to God to deliver you from fear; just meditate on the love of God for you, and let that love overwhelm you. There’re people who are afraid of just about everything – they’re even afraid of God Himself. That’s because they really don’t know who God is. Not only is He a loving heavenly Father, He is love personified. When you relate with Him with the understanding of how much He loves you, you’ll never be afraid of Him. So clearly, God demonstrated His great and boundless love for us while we were yet sinners: “if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life” (Romans 5:10).

God wants you to know that He loves you and accepts you today, just the way you are! Therefore, you don’t have to be afraid or run from Him despite the wrong things you may have done. He’s the Monarch of the universe, the Creator of the whole world, and the God of all flesh; if He loves and affectionately cares for you as He does, then you don’t have any reason to be afraid of anything or anyone! The Apostle Paul cried out in Romans 8:31-37: “What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?, Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? …Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.”

Prayer
Dear Lord and Father, I declare that I’m deeply rooted and securely founded on your perfect love; thus, I walk bold today, knowing that the greater one dwells in me, and loves me with an everlasting love! I rejoice exceedingly in your love today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 3:17-19
That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Jeremiah 31:3
The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 9:18-38
Reading plan Genesis 29-30

2 Year Bible Matthew 5:31-40
Reading Plan Genesis 12
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:53pm On Jan 13, 2011
God’s Word Is “Yea,” And “Amen” – Thursday January 13, 2011 – Pastor Chris

For ever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven (Psalm 119:89).

Isaiah 55:10-11 further enlightens us on the power and infallibility of God’s Word: “For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth,…So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.” God’s Word never returns to Him void. His Word produces what it talks about. That means when God speaks it’s a done deal: and when we say “amen,” that is, “so be it,” to what He has said, it becomes established unto us: “For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us” (2 Corinthians 1:20).

Hebrews 6:17 confirms the immutability of God’s Word; it says, “When God wanted to guarantee his promises, he gave his word, a rock-solid guarantee…” (MSG). No wonder He says “…I am the Lord, I change not…” (Malachi 3:6). Thus, knowing this, that God’s Word is immutable, not void of power, and is forever settled in heaven, what you then need is to personalize whatever He says and apply it to specific areas of your life. So when you hear or study God’s Word, especially the Epistles, personalize it, for that’s God talking to you. And because that Word is already settled in heaven, it will surely be fulfilled in your life.

Maybe you woke up on a certain day and suddenly discovered a growth in your body; simply act on the Word and command the growth to leave. From then on, even if you can still see the growth, refuse to consider it! Keep testifying that the growth is defeated and that you already have your miracle. Find out today, what God has said about you and speak the same thing in faith, for all His promises in Christ are yes and amen to the glory of His Name.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I thank you for the power of your Word in my life today. Your Word is growing mightily in me and prevailing, producing in me and for me a harvest of what it says! My heart and mind are open to receive today, that personal Word of power that puts me over and causes me to excel in all that I do, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Hebrews 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Numbers 23:19
God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Hebrews 6:17
Wherein God, willing more abundantly to shew unto the heirs of promise the immutability of his counsel, confirmed it by an oath:

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 10:1-23
Reading plan Genesis 31-33

2 Year Bible Matthew 5:41-48
Reading Plan Genesis 13
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:51am On Jan 14, 2011
Cleansed From All Unrighteousness

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them… (2 Corinthians 5:19).

Sometimes, we may consciously or unconsciously do or say the wrong things, but God has made provision for our cleansing: “If we walk in the light as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another and the blood of Jesus Christ his son cleanseth us from all sin” (1 John 1:7). Notice that He didn’t give any conditions for the cleansing; so you never have to worry about unknown sins in your life. Then in the ninth verse of 1 John 1, He says “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” Thus, after you’re born again, if you do something wrong, and confess it to the Father, He’s dependable and can be trusted to forgive you and cleanse you, not only from that sin, but from all unrighteousness.

How wonderful to know that we serve a God whose nature it is to forgive. He’s not watching from heaven to strike you or punish you anytime you do something wrong, no! Rather, He watches over you to keep you from falling and present you holy, unblameable and irreproveable in His sight (Colossians 1:22). He’s never mad at you! He took the responsibility for all your sins – both past, present and future.

Our opening verse says God was in Christ, reconciling the world – the world of sinners – unto Himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them. This means that He’s not holding your sins against you. You say, “Even after all the wrong things I’ve done?” Yes. Your sins were laid on Jesus; there’s therefore now no condemnation for you (Romans 8:1).

Refuse to allow a guilt-conscience or sin consciousness hinder you from serving the Lord as you should. If you ever do something wrong, quickly repent, and confess it to the Father. Remember, if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Prayer
Dear Father, I rejoice today, knowing that the sacrifice of Jesus for my sin was the ultimate price by which I now stand justified in your presence. Thank you for presenting me holy and unblameable before you in love, having washed away my sins and cleansed me from all unrighteousness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Colossians 2:13
And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

Isaiah 53
1Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?
2For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.
3He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
4Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
5But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
8He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
9And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
10Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.
12Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 10:24-42
Reading plan Genesis 34-35

2 Year Bible Matthew 6:1-13
Reading Plan Genesis 14

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:28am On Jan 15, 2011
Subject: God Knows How To Take Care Of You! – Saturday January 15, 2011 – Pastor Anita

God Knows How To Take Care Of You!

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28).

Matthew 7:11 says “If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him.” This scripture reveals something profound about the character, willingness and ability of our heavenly Father to take care of us. As a Christian, it doesn’t matter in whatever situation you may find yourself; you’re still a victor. There’s nothing you’re facing that’s beyond what God can handle; just trust His wisdom and ability to put you over in life.

There’re Christians who, when they experience challenges, wonder, “Why are all these things happening to me?” To talk like that is to undermine the power of the Kingdom to which you’ve been born. In that Kingdom, God has ordained everything to work together for your good. Nothing is to your disadvantage. This is the reason you ought to be of good cheer always, knowing that God has brought you into a place of rest, victory and success.

It may be that the predicament you’re in right now is the result of the wrong choices you made and you think God has given up on you. No, He hasn’t. He said, “…I will never leave thee nor forsake thee” (Hebrews 13:5); He is with you always, until the end of the age. Besides, He is able to turn anything you do, even your mistakes into success! It’s His desire to help you win all the time. Just let God’s Word take hold of the spirit, and recognize that everything in your life is working together for your good.

God knows you’re His, and He knows how to take care of His own. Even if everything seems to be getting worse, be assured that He’s only going to give you a bigger testimony. Keep trusting, keep believing, keep praying and keep talking your faith! Before long, others will hear your songs of joy and glorify God for your testimony.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I trust you with my life! I thank you for bringing the reality of your Word to my spirit today. You're my Shepherd, Caretaker and Bread-provider! No matter what the circumstances may be, I refuse to be disconcerted, knowing that everything is working together for my good. Thank you for the ever-winning life you’ve given me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Luke 12:32
Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Jeremiah 32:27
Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Romans 8:28 AMP
We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labor] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 11:1-30
Reading plan Genesis 36-37

2 Year Bible Matthew 6:14-24
Reading Plan Genesis 15
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:56am On Jan 16, 2011
Subject: God Relates With You Personally – Sunday January 16, 2011 – Pastor Chris

God Relates With You Personally

Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows (Luke 12:6-7).

Some people think God relates with them according to numbers. Some believe for instance, that if they had more people praying for them, God would respond to them faster. However, such people are ignorant of the Word and deficient in their understanding of the character of God. He doesn’t relate with you because you’re many; He relates with you according to your faith. For example, the fact that there’re several of you in the same predicament doesn’t mean God is obligated to do something about it. He’ll respond to the one who reaches out to Him in faith.

The Bible lets us know that, once upon a time, everyone in the world was destroyed by flood, with the exception of Noah and his family. It was Noah’s faith that singled him out for such a miracle, not because he had a large family: “By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith” (Hebrews 11:7). Your faith is the basis of pleasing Him; it’s got nothing to do with numbers.

Life is personal, and so is your salvation and your relationship with God. Therefore, don’t use the experiences of others to determine the flow of your life. It matters what you listen to and allow to influence your mentality. That there’re many people in the world today who’re suffering doesn’t mean that should be your experience. You're peculiar; you’re not among the masses. That something is affecting others doesn’t mean it should affect you.

Realize that God didn’t send Jesus to die for the world because we were many. If you were the only one on earth, Jesus would still have come to die for you. God loves you that much – as a person. He knows your name and relates with you as a unique individual. This is one exciting thing about our relationship with Him; He relates with each and every one of us personally! He can do for you what he’s never done for anyone else, just because you required it and asked Him in faith.

Remember, you’re the only one that God has ever had and will ever have. You're special to Him; that’s why He relates with you personally.

Confession
Dear God, your Word has brought me wisdom and understanding, and I walk in the light of your truth that’s been implanted in my spirit today! I appreciate the awesome fellowship I have with you, and the personal affection you have towards me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen!

Further Study
Exodus 33:17
And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.

Isaiah 49:16 (AMP)
Behold, I have indelibly imprinted (tattooed a picture of) you on the palm of each of My hands; [O Zion] your walls are continually before Me.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 12:1-21
Reading plan Genesis 38-39

2 Year Bible Matthew 6:25-34
Reading Plan Genesis 16

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Anita Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by welovegod(m): 10:42am On Jan 16, 2011
Our web page is offering free downloads of about 12 Christian ebooks. Please visit - http://www.ilovegodsite.com/ for more details.

You can also join our fan page for daily updates on facebook or on twitter @ http://www.facebook.com/ILoveGodSite or http://twitter.com/ILoveGodSite

Remain blessed.

Evang. I.S
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by welovegod(m): 10:51am On Jan 16, 2011
Our web site is offering free downloads of about 12 Christian ebooks. Please visit - http://www.ilovegodsite.com/ for more details.

You can also join our fan page for daily updates on facebook or on twitter @ http://www.facebook.com/ILoveGodSite or http://twitter.com/ILoveGodSite

Remain blessed.

Evang. I.S
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by kynach: 12:33pm On Jan 17, 2011
more pls
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:38pm On Jan 17, 2011
God Never Fails! – Monday January 17, 2011 – Pastor Chris

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good? (Numbers 23:19).

What comfort, confidence, and blessed assurance to know that you can trust God with your life! You can depend on Him to take care of you and guide you into your destiny; the destiny of His working! He’s trustworthy, faithful and reliable! He never fails. When you trust in the Lord you shall not be confounded (1 Peter 2:6). That means you’ll never be disgraced or “put to the blush,” for trusting God.

The Scripture is replete with testimonies of those who, in defiance of life-threatening circumstances, demonstrated absolute trust and confidence in God and experienced a miracle. The three Hebrew boys, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, for one, at the risk of their lives, defied King Nebuchadnezzar’s decree for them to bow to an image of gold. They were therefore thrown into the fiery furnace, but their faith and trust in the God who never fails prevailed, and they got a miracle.

No wonder the Psalmist declared “In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what can man do unto me” (Psalm 56:11). God never fails or disappoints. The Bible describes Him as the friend that sticks closer than a brother (Proverbs 18:24). He’s the very present help in times of need (Psalm 46:1). All you need do is call on Him. He said “Call on me in the day of trouble. I will deliver you, and you will honour me” (Psalm 50:15). This is God’s invitation to you to trust Him, irrespective of the challenges you might be facing right now, and He’ll not fail you. He wants you to put your trust in Him alone, and rest your faith on His Word. Let His eternal Word be your hope and the anchor for your soul.

Remember, God and His Word are one: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God” (John 1:1). Thus, to say God never fails means His Word never fails. The Bible assures us that though heaven and earth shall pass away, God’s Word remains steadfast forever. His Word always comes forth with enough power to effect a change in you. So, demonstrate your trust in Him today, and take Him by His Word. Act on His Word today, for He never fails. He’s the all-powerful and eternal God of glory, the maker and ruler of heaven and earth.

Prayer
Dear Father, who never fails, and who abides with me forever, leading me daily in victory and triumphal excursions of life, I worship and adore you today! I’ll forever put my trust in you for you’re my very present help in times of need. I love and appreciate you dearly, knowing that my help comes from you, the only true and wise God, in whom I live and rejoice forever, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Corinthians 1:9-10
But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead: Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver us;

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Psalm 91:1-2
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 12:22-50
Reading plan Genesis 40-41

2 Year Bible Matthew 7:1-12
Reading Plan Genesis 17

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:28am On Jan 18, 2011
God Is Love

He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love (1 John 4:cool.

God is love! His nature, disposition and entire character is love. This is one revelation of God that every Christian needs to be acquainted with. Many don’t know just how much God loves them. The Spirit of God, through the Apostle Paul prayed that God will grant the Church the power to grasp how wide, long, high and deep the love of God is, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge (Ephesians 3:17-19 NIV). God’s love is so intense and infinite that it takes divine revelation to comprehend its immensity.

Call it inexplicable love and you won’t be wrong, for God’s love is beyond human reasoning. Just how could anyone explain the fact that while we were yet sinners and enemies of God, Christ died for us? (Romans 5:cool. Nothing touches me more than God’s love for us! That’s my motivation, that’s why I do the things I do. I want the whole world to know about God’s unfailing and unreserved love for them.

Many run away from God, simply because they don’t know who He is. God is not judgment; He is love. God is not going to judge you on account of your sins anymore, because He already judged Jesus on your behalf. The punishment for your sin has already been laid on Jesus. I would to God that every sinner will hear and understand just how much God loves them! God detests sin, but He loves the sinner.

This is the message of the Gospel. The sinner needs to know that God isn’t mad at him; neither does he have to pay for his sins, because Jesus already paid.

If perhaps, you’ve been feeling condemned on account of your sins, I want you to know that God loves you, and He’s not counting your sins against you. He says “though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool” (Isaiah 1:18). You can call out to Him right now. Just say, “O, Lord God, I believe you sent Jesus to die for my sins, and that you raised Him from the dead for my justification. Therefore, I declare that He’s Lord of my life and I’m now a brand new person; completely free from sin!

Prayer
Dear Father, I pray that the revelation of your love will increase in my life and in the lives of your children all around the world. I declare that by the help of your Spirit, we will walk, today and always, in the increased consciousness of your great love for us, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 John 4:16-19
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 13:1-23
Reading plan Genesis 42:43

2 Year Bible Matthew 7:13-20
Reading Plan Genesis 18

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:56pm On Jan 19, 2011
Subject: With God You Have Everything – Wednesday January 19, 2011 – Pastor Chris

With God You Have Everything

After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward! (Genesis 15:1).

If you have God, you have all you need; by that I mean everything you’d ever need, for He’s your satisfaction! In Genesis 15:1, He said to Abraham, who then was called Abram, “I’m your shield and your exceeding great reward”; that means “I’m all you need; with me, you have everything!” This is the reason you must not allow any distraction take your mind away from Him. All that you are, and all that you have is in Him! All your dreams and aspirations are in Him; He is your reason for being. When this becomes your attitude in life, then you’ve really begun your walk with God.

There’s something God desires to do in each one of us, and that’s to turn our attention away from everything else to Himself. He’s not doing this because He seeks our attention so much, or that He’s so hungry for our praise and worship. He’s not asking for you or what you have just because it makes Him feel more like God. Remember, ever before there was anything on the face of the earth; ever before He created Adam, He was already God, and still is. He is the great I AM; the all-sufficient one – the God who is more than enough. Thus, He can always satisfy Himself with whatever He wants. He doesn’t need anything to make Him more complete. He is “completeness.”

However, He seeks to turn our attention to Him because He knows if He can get our attention, then He can guide us to live the life He has made available for us. He knows better than we could ever know. He knows best what you’re required to do with your life, and what your life should be like.

This should make you have absolutely nothing to worry over; rather, you ought to live confidently, everyday, knowing that God is steering the ship of your life and has everything it takes to bring you into, and help you fulfil your destiny in Him.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, you’re my shield and my exceeding great reward! Thank you for ordering my steps and directing the affairs of my life to synchronize with your perfect will and destiny for me. I love you so much, and give all my attention to your Word, knowing that in you, I have everything I could ever desire in life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen

Further Study
Psalm 34:8-10
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.

Psalm 16:5-11
The LORD is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage. I will bless the LORD, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
10For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 13:24-43
Reading plan Genesis 44-45

2 Year Bible Matthew 7:21-29
Reading Plan Genesis 19

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:06pm On Jan 20, 2011
Subject: God Is Good, And Seeks Your Good! – Thursday January 20, 2011 – Pastor Chris

God Is Good, And Seeks Your Good!

For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations (Psalm 100:5).

The Bible declares that God is good. It doesn’t say He’s a good God, but that He is good. He being good means He is good personified; His nature is goodness. Acts 10:38 says “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil for God was with him.” Jesus went about doing good and healing all that were oppressed of the devil because the good God, who seeks the good of every man, was with Him.

God delights in giving His children good gifts: Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down form the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning” (James 1:17). In Jeremiah 29:11, He said, “For I know the thoughts I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.” The word peace, as rendered in the original Hebrew text is “shalom,” which refers to great good, wholeness, wellbeing, prosperity, safety, rest, etc. So, always, God seeks your good; He delights in your wholeness, wellbeing, health and prosperity.

This is the God that you serve. He’s not a hawk, looking down from heaven, pointing a threatening finger at you saying, “You sin, you burn!” No! Rather, He looks out for you to do you good: “Yea, I will rejoice over them to do them good, and I will plant them in this land assuredly with my whole heart and with my whole soul.” (Jeremiah 32:41).

2 Chronicles 16:9 also describes for us a loving heavenly Father, whose concern is that you get the best He’s prepared for you: “For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him…” Notice also, the words of Jesus in Luke 6:35: “But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil.” Here, Jesus alludes to the Father’s kind and affectionate disposition to all men, urging us to be likeminded.

Now, God is bound by His Word; therefore, if He expects us to do good to everyone around us – including our enemies, then He’ll be unjust not to do the same. Remind yourself always that God seeks to do you good. He looks out for you to help you. When the enemy hatches a plan against you, God turns it around for your good. He is always available to ensure that you experience His goodness always.

Confession
Dear Father, you always seek to do me good, causing your favour to surround me and your blessings to abound in my life. My heart is filled today with joy, and my mouth with praise as I testify of your goodness, mercy and love in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Psalm 73:1
Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart.

Matthew 5:44-45
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Jeremiah 31:12
Therefore they shall come and sing in the height of Zion, and shall flow together to the goodness of the LORD, for wheat, and for wine, and for oil, and for the young of the flock and of the herd: and their soul shall be as a watered garden; and they shall not sorrow any more at all.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 13:44-14:12
Reading plan Genesis 46-48

2 Year Bible Matthew 8:1-11
Reading Plan Genesis 20

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:32am On Jan 23, 2011
Subject: God’s Book Of Remembrance – Sunday January 23, 2011 – Pastor Chris

God’s Book Of Remembrance

Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his name (Malachi 3:16).

God is detailed and meticulous about records. He’s got several books in heaven (Revelation 20:12) and He records all our works here on earth. Some of those books will be opened on the day of judgment. (Daniel 7:10), but there’s one which is opened from time to time, that’s His book of remembrance.

In the opening Scripture, we read that those who feared the Lord, and thought upon His Name and spoke about Him often, had a book of remembrance written for them in the presence of God. In other words, these people meditated upon His Name and because their minds were full of God’s thoughts, they spoke the right words frequently one to another. They made the right confessions of faith in His Name; as they did that in the earth, the Lord hearkened and heard it. Consequently, their names were entered into His book of remembrance.

Periodically, when that book is opened, all their confessions are released unto them! Hallelujah!

So while, you’re there in your closet speaking forth the Word of God in faith, it may seem like nothing is changing, but don’t stop, for it’s being recorded in God’s book of remembrance. In the course of time, that book will be opened and the rain of blessings you’ve been expecting will come pouring down all at once. Keep talking the Word and filling up your pages of that book with your faith-declarations. Ecclesiastes 11:3 says, “if the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth.” Your faith-filled confessions will surely produce for you, a harvest of blessings at the appointed time.

Prayer
Dear Father, I worship you for your faithfulness towards me. Thank you for teaching me to realize, the importance of meditating upon your Name and confessing your Word in faith. I’m ready to receive the overwhelming blessings you have prepared for me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Ester 6:1-11
On that night could not the king sleep, and he commanded to bring the book of records of the chronicles; and they were read before the king.
2And it was found written, that Mordecai had told of Bigthana and Teresh, two of the king's chamberlains, the keepers of the door, who sought to lay hand on the king Ahasuerus.
3And the king said, What honour and dignity hath been done to Mordecai for this? Then said the king's servants that ministered unto him, There is nothing done for him.
4And the king said, Who is in the court? Now Haman was come into the outward court of the king's house, to speak unto the king to hang Mordecai on the gallows that he had prepared for him.
5And the king's servants said unto him, Behold, Haman standeth in the court. And the king said, Let him come in.
6So Haman came in. And the king said unto him, What shall be done unto the man whom the king delighteth to honour? Now Haman thought in his heart, To whom would the king delight to do honour more than to myself?
7And Haman answered the king, For the man whom the king delighteth to honour,
8Let the royal apparel be brought which the king useth to wear, and the horse that the king rideth upon, and the crown royal which is set upon his head:
9And let this apparel and horse be delivered to the hand of one of the king's most noble princes, that they may array the man withal whom the king delighteth to honour, and bring him on horseback through the street of the city, and proclaim before him, Thus shall it be done to the man whom the king delighteth to honour.
10Then the king said to Haman, Make haste, and take the apparel and the horse, as thou hast said, and do even so to Mordecai the Jew, that sitteth at the king's gate: let nothing fail of all that thou hast spoken.
11Then took Haman the apparel and the horse, and arrayed Mordecai, and brought him on horseback through the street of the city, and proclaimed before him, Thus shall it be done unto the man whom the king delighteth to honour.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 15:29-16:12
Reading plan Exodus 3-5

2 Year Bible Matthew 9:1-13
Reading Plan Genesis 23

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 2:11pm On Jan 24, 2011
Diane Maartens sent a message to the members of Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional.

--------------------
Subject: God Has Emotions – Monday January 24, 2011 – Pastor Anita

God Has Emotions

The LORD your God wins victory after victory and is always with you. He celebrates and sings because of you, and he will refresh your life with his love (Zephaniah 3:17 CEV).

Some people relate with God as though He’s an inanimate object, a computer, or an irrational being. However, God is a Person, a rational being, who has a mind, will and emotions. The scriptures are replete with instances where God expressed emotions. In Psalms 2:4, the Bible says, “He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh.” Laughter is an expression of emotion.

The Bible also tells us how God was grieved or wounded when the children of Israel rebelled against His Holy Spirit as they journeyed through the wilderness to the Promised Land (Isaiah 63:10). This lets us know that God could get angry, and anger is also an expression of emotion. The expression of emotions is a characteristic of personality, and since God is a Person, He too has emotions.

Jesus also expressed emotions. At the grave of Lazarus, He wept, not because He couldn’t do anything about the situation, but because at that moment, He felt the pain that others felt. The Bible says, “For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feelings of our infirmities…” (Hebrews 4:15). Jesus became like us in order to reveal to us the Personality of our heavenly Father.

God loves you and delights in expressing His love for you. Get personal in expressing your love for Him, let your emotions be involved when you relate with Him. When you talk to Him in prayer, do so knowing that you’re talking with someone who’s actually listening to you. Fellowship with Him with your heart and emotions.

Confession
Dear Lord and Father, how I love you today! How I love to lift my hands, dance for you and sing songs of worship to you today, as expressions of my love and appreciation for all that you are to me. Thank you for your everlasting love which you daily demonstrate to me.

Further Study
Hebrews 4:14-16
Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 16:13-17:13
Reading plan Exodus 6-7

2 Year Bible Matthew 9:14-26
Reading Plan Genesis 24

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:21am On Jan 25, 2011
Subject: Be His Channel Of Blessings – Tuesday January 25, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Be His Channel Of Blessings

And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing (Genesis 12:2).

God is a “blessing God” and He always loves to bless people. The Bible says, “The eyes of the Lord run to and fro upon the earth to show Himself strong on behalf of them whose hearts are perfect toward Him” (2 Chronicles 16:9). In other words, He’s constantly looking out to bless someone. But to do this, He won’t come down from heaven; He needs someone in the earth to bless another person. That’s why He trains us by teaching us to give, to be caring and concerned about the needs of others.

When you realize that whatever is in your charge is not yours but God’s, it becomes easy for you to give. I’ve always had to remind myself of this truth, that’s why through the years I’ve found it easy to give to God and to people around me. I’ve made it a conscious lifestyle to be God’s blessing to my world. Abraham was a blessed man. He was prosperous in all things, for God had blessed him, his nephew, Lot, also became very prosperous. That’s the way it ought to be.

You're the symbol of God’s blessing; therefore, those around you ought to experience prosperity because of you. Understand that God loves to bless others through you. You're not the one trying to get blessed, for He’s already blessed you (Ephesians 1:3) and has made you a blessing (1 Peter 3:9). So not only are you blessed, your life is overflowing with blessings.

God has made you the channel of distribution of His blessing to the world. Therefore never hold back when He tells to you give. God’s unusual blessings are reserved for givers. Therefore always be quick to release; always be prompt to give, for it is more blessed to give than to receive.

Prayer
Dear Father, thank you for blessing me with every spiritual blessing in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. You’ve made me the symbol of your blessings to my world, therefore, I ask that you lead me today to recognize those you’ve ordained to bless through me, that they may experience your love and goodness, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Peter 3:9
Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.

Ezekiel 34:26
And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing; and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing.

Zechariah 8:13
And it shall come to pass, that as ye were a curse among the heathen, O house of Judah, and house of Israel; so will I save you, and ye shall be a blessing: fear not, but let your hands be strong.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 17:14-18:14
Reading plan Exodus 8-9

2 Year Bible Matthew 9:27-38
Reading Plan Genesis 25

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 242
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.