Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional (250397 Views)

REACHOUT NIGERIA 2014-with Rhapsody Of Realities / Rhapsody Of Realities Daily Devotional, January. 2014 / Rhapsody Of Realities Devotional And More Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:56am On Jan 26, 2011
The Sovereign God

There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism. One God and Father of us all, Who is above all Sovereign over all, pervading all and living in us all (Ephesians 4:6 AMP).

God is sovereign! He knows all things and can do all things! The Bible says heaven is His throne and the earth is His footstool (Acts 7:49). He’s the Most High God and His dominion is over all thrones, peoples, and governments. In Daniel 5:21, He’s described as the Supreme God who controls all human kingdoms (GNB).

God is big! He’s Deity, and you can’t miss His sovereignty whenever He talks about Himself: “Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: When I call unto them, they stand up together” (Isaiah 48:13). Many however, have wondered why God, in His sovereignty, hasn’t put an end to all the evil in the world. They wonder why wars and natural disasters still happen, when God in one instant, could simply put an end to them. But those who ask such questions don’t understand who God is and how He operates.

Though God is sovereign, He’s set principles in place to govern the earth. He’s not subject to those principles, but He doesn’t violate them either. So, though He created the world, He’s not the one running the show, because He already gave man the whole earth to dominate (Genesis 1:28). Man lost this authority to the devil, who subsequently introduced an evil system that put the world in a mess.

But there’s now another system in the world headed by the Lord Jesus Christ! This system is made up of us who are born again – associates of the God-kind – through whom God exercises His sovereignty in the earth. Thus, we're God’s agents of peace, prosperity, healing and salvation in a dying world. Just as the Lord sent Peter to preach to the Roman centurion and didn’t do it himself, He has commissioned us to exercise His sovereignty in our world. He wants to run the world through you!

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the opportunity to hear your Word and be taught by you. Thank you for the authority you’ve given me to exercise dominion in the earth, and tame my world to conform to your eternal purposes, will and counsel, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Timothy 6:15-16
Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Revelation 1:8
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.
Psalms 115:16
The heaven, even the heavens, are the LORD's: but the earth hath he given to the children of men.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 18:15-35
Reading plan Exodus 10-12

2 Year Bible Matthew 10:1-11
Reading Plan Genesis 26
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:54am On Jan 27, 2011
Subject: Positioned For Glory – Thursday January 27, 2011 – Pastor Anita

Positioned For Glory

According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust (2 Peter 1:3-4).

God has positioned you for glory. To live the transcendent and glory-life He has called you to and positioned you for, your outlook on life must be from the perspective of His Word. You must live in the light of His Word and cease to observe situations like an ordinary man.

God has already done all that’s necessary for you to experience His glory here in the earth. But sadly, many Christians still make the mistake of waiting for Him to do something about their situation. Some even say they’re waiting for Him to take them to the Promised Land – that good and prosperous place, flowing with milk and honey. What such folks haven’t realized is that in the mind of God they’re already in the Promised Land! They got there the moment they were born again. In other words, they are already positioned in the best place they could ever be, having already come on to Mount Zion (Hebrews 12:22).

Observe again these inspiring words from our opening scripture: According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue. This is not a promise, but a statement of fact; a present-hour reality. You received the life and nature of God the moment you were born again and immediately, you were positioned for the transcendent life of glory. Everything you require to live to the full has already been granted you.

So when God looks at you He doesn’t see a weakling who’s struggling to make it through life. Rather, He sees one who is more than a conqueror; who’s been endued with dynamic ability to effect changes in the circumstances of life.

Sickness, poverty, defeat and failure are unnatural to the child of God. Ordinary men may be susceptible to all these influences, but you have been positioned for the glory-life, a life of victory through the Word.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for positioning me for the glory-life, and granting me everything I need to excel and live victoriously in the earth to the glory of your Name. By living according to the revelation of your Word today, I’m lifted above this world and the decadence therein, into the realm of glory that you planned for me from the foundation of the world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Ephesians 2:10AMP
For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 19:1-15
Reading plan Exodus 13-14

2 Year Bible Matthew 10:12-22
Reading Plan Genesis 27

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Anita Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:43am On Jan 28, 2011
Subject: The Acts of God – Friday January 28, 2011 – Pastor Chris

The Acts of God

Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy path (Psalms 25:4).

Many were brought up under a system where out of ignorance, God was portrayed as a despot and a destroyer. They were taught in school that the earthquakes, tornadoes, floods, tsunamis, and famines that have ravaged lives, cities and even nations are “the acts of God.” But those are not the acts of God. The Bible says “Every good and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning” (James 1:17). This simply lets us know that whatever is not good and helpful couldn’t be from God, for He’s a good God, and His gifts and acts are good all the time.

Sweet water and bitter water don’t flow from the same fountain (James 3:11). Therefore God, who is goodness personified, cannot be responsible for the sufferings, destructions and disasters that take place in the world. The Bible shows us that the real destroyer is satan. He’s the evil one responsible for the terrible disasters and catastrophes that steal people’s health, joy, money or peace.

But thanks be unto God, the world is not at the mercy of satan and his filthy acts of destruction! God has given us the power to subdue, tame, and forbid satan from carrying out his manoeuvring and manipulative acts of wickedness around us: “Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you” (Luke 10:19). Observe that it’s God who gave us, His children power over all the works of the enemy. Hence, He couldn’t possibly be the one responsible for the works He gave us power to forestall.

Acts 10:38 lets us in on the kind of works or acts that can be ascribed to God: “How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.” The devil is the one responsible for the evil and oppression in the world today; they’re his works. But the Bible says in 1 John 3:8: “For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.”

Every time you hear, see or read about a supernatural intervention in human affairs that defies conventional or natural sequence, resulting in the preservation of life and the general good of humanity, that is a miracle; and that is an act of God. God loves people and it’s His pleasure to see them healthy, prosperous and normal. You can trust Him even now to bring His unlimited power to bear on your situation for you to receive a miracle.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I pray for the greater manifestation of your power in the church so that your children, through the power of your Spirit and revelation of your Word, will experience your love continually, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Hebrews 2:4
God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?

Acts 19:11-12
And God wrought special miracles by the hands of Paul: So that from his body were brought unto the sick handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the evil spirits went out of them.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 19:16-20:16
Reading plan Exodus 15

2 Year Bible Matthew 10:23-33
Reading Plan Genesis 28

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Chris Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 4:21pm On Jan 30, 2011
Subject: Our Sufficiency – Saturday January 29, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Our Sufficiency

Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God (2 Corinthians 3:5).

Having been born again, we’ve received the life and nature of God. What this implies is that we can function with the ability of God because were associates of the God-kind; partakers of His divine nature: “Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust” (2 Peter 1:4).

The Amplified version renders our opening verse thus: “not that we are fit, qualified, sufficient in ability as of ourselves, to form us in judgment or claim or count anything as coming from us, our power, and ability and sufficiency, are from God.” Therefore, we’re to know and recognize God as our qualification, competence and strength, and not have confidence in our physical abilities, knowing that He has endued us with power from on high.

This understanding informed David’s mentality when as a stripling he confronted and defeated the great Goliath of Gath. Conscious of God’s ability at work in him, he looked at Goliath and said, “You come against me with a sword, shield and spear, but I come against you in the Name of the Lord of host; the God of the armies of Israel” (1 Samuel 17:45). How important that we live and walk every day, in the consciousness that we are fully kitted with God’s glory and power because we function in His Name!

We’re not sufficient of ourselves; our sufficiency is a God-sufficiency! The power and ability by which we function are of God; that makes it unlimited! That means there’s no limit to how much you can achieve and how far you can go on your journey of success, because the power at work in you to make it happen is of God.

This is the reason why as a Christian, you ought not be defeated in life, because you’re sufficient in God’s sufficiency. The power and authority with which you function are His very own. When you speak, He’s the one speaking; when you minister, He’s the one ministering through you. You function in His stead; He gave you the power of attorney to function in His Name!

Confession
The ability of God is at work in me today, and I’m conscious of it! I don’t function in my own ability or strength, for God’s inherent ability is in me. The Lord renews my strength daily, and I’m divinely energized at all times for victory, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Colossians 1:29
Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 20:17-34
Reading plan Exodus 16-17

2 Year Bible Matthew 10:34-42
Reading Plan Genesis 29

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:02am On Jan 31, 2011
Subject: Our Great Provider – Monday January 31, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Our Great Provider

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus (Philippians 4:19).

Everything in the world belongs to God. He has in His custody as inexhaustible and inestimable wealth! It’s however inspiring to understand what the Holy Spirit communicates to us through the Apostle Paul. In our opening scripture, Paul wasn’t making a promise to the Church on God’s behalf. Rather, he had come to know God’s ways of doing things – that He supplies not just some but ALL our needs!

The scripture tells us that all things belong to God. Psalms 24:1 says “The earth is the LORD’S and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.” Also in Psalms 50:10-11, God tells us: “For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills. I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.” Furthermore, He says “The silver is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the LORD of hosts” (Haggai 2:cool. So what in the world could be too big for Him to give you? In Jeremiah 32:27, He said “Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?”

No wonder David said, “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want” (Psalm 23:1). The Apostle Paul, coming to the same realization declared: “Therefore let no man glory in men. For all things are yours” (1 Corinthians 3:21). Ever before you arrived on the scene, God already made everything you would ever need available to you; He provided them for you richly to enjoy (1 Timothy 6:17)! All your needs have automatically been entered into his supply system! So He’s saying to you today, “Hello child, all things are ready! And I’ve made them available to you; they’re all yours!”

Realize today, and begin to fellowship with the truth that God has made available to you wealth too valuable and excellent to be measured! He has made you a partaker of His inestimable and incorruptible inheritance: “Giving thanks into the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light” (Colossians 1:12)

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the provisions you’ve made available to me in Christ Jesus. Today, I declare that I’m abundantly supplied and all my needs are met according to your riches in glory by Christ Jesus. Everything I require for life and godliness have been made available to me and I’m conscious of this reality today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Peter 1:3
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Psalms 24
The earth is the LORD's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
2For he hath founded it upon the seas, and established it upon the floods.
3Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
4He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
5He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from the God of his salvation.
6This is the generation of them that seek him, that seek thy face, O Jacob. Selah.
7Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
8Who is this King of glory? The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.
9Lift up your heads, O ye gates; even lift them up, ye everlasting doors; and the King of glory shall come in.
10Who is this King of glory? The LORD of hosts, he is the King of glory. Selah.

Luke 12:22-23
And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on. The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 21:33-22:14
Reading plan Exodus 20-21

2 Year Bible Matthew 11:11-20
Reading Plan Genesis 31

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:14am On Feb 01, 2011
Subject: Follow The Spirit – Tuesday February 1, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Follow The Spirit

Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come (John 16:13).

One of the things you must do throughout this year is to yield to the Spirit and follow His
guidance and counsel in all your dealings. No other personality in this life is worth following but the Holy Spirit. He’s the greatest friend and teacher you could ever know; He’s the One called alongside to go with you, and to be with you and in you! He’s the One who guides you into all truth and brings His Word to your remembrance.

Following the Holy Spirit means yielding yourself to Him through the Word of God. You cannot follow the Holy Spirit except you’re yielded to God’s Word; doing what He says. This will reflect the beauty of God in you and help you live a more excellent life. You’ll find yourself making the best decisions and the right choices always. You’ll do the right thing the first time, be at the right place at the right time, and live an inspiring life.

How important it is to be led by the Spirit of God in all your affairs! No one but He can give you true counsel and guidance in life. So be sure to yield to Him with all your heart. Isaiah 30:21 says “And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left.” Also, He said through the Psalmist in Psalm 32:8, “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.” This is the ministry of the Spirit in your life, take advantage of it today and you’ll never lose your way.

Confession
I yield myself to you precious Holy Spirit to be led, instructed and directed in all my dealings today, and throughout this year! And as I do this, my entire life is transformed from glory to glory, in Jesus’ mighty Name. Amen.

Further Study
Romans 8:14-For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

1John 2:27-But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 22:15-46
Reading plan Exodus 22-23

2 Year Bible Matthew 11:21-30
Reading Plan Genesis 32

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:53am On Feb 02, 2011
Meditation: Your Recipe For Success

This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. (Joshua 1:cool.

This scripture is your recipe for success. The Amplified version says: “This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe {and} do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely {and} have good success.” Notice it didn’t say “God shall make your way prosperous,” but that “YOU shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely in the affairs of life and have good success.” But for this to happen, you must meditate on the Word.

This is what many haven’t learnt; the importance and power of meditation. The subject of your meditation should be consistent with the provisions of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Meditating on anything else that’s not consistent with the Gospel will not produce lasting results.

Meditating on God’s Word often, will make you deal wisely in the affairs of life. You’ll become circumspect and penetratingly perceptive; you’ll have extraordinary amplitude of comprehension. The wisdom of God will function in you so much that when you make decisions or take actions on anything, it will be just right. Learn to consciously meditate on Scriptures. In Psalm 119:97, David said, “O how I love thy law! It is my meditation all the day.” No wonder he was so successful and dealt wisely as king over Israel.

As you think through, talk and shout God’s Word in meditation, you’re programming yourself for the upward and forward life, and your success will be apparent to all.

Confession
God’s Word is in my mouth and in my heart today, working in me and producing results in every area of my life. The Word of God has made me wise unto salvation, and the forces of success, prosperity and divine health are let loose in my life, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
1 Timothy 4:15
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

Psalm 119:97
O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.

Psalm 119:99
I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible             Matthew 23
Reading plan            Exodus 24-25

2 Year Bible             Matthew 12:1-9   
Reading Plan            Genesis 33           

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 12:34pm On Feb 03, 2011
Subject: Have The Right Perception Of God – Thursday February 3, 2011 – Pastor Anita

Have The Right Perception Of God

And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent (John 17:3).

Your perception or revelation of God will determine the way you relate with Him and the kind of life you’ll live. Many have their perception of God tainted by religion, rather than the truth the scriptures reveal to us about Him. I once visited a certain church and noticed a board on which some kids had attempted to answer the question “Who is God?” The question had been posed to by their Sunday school teacher; and one of the kids, in his answer, wrote, “God is a terminator; He can destroy anything and anyone He wants to.”

How unfortunate! That young mind already had the wrong opinion of God, from the impression given by the older generation. Through the years, men have misrepresented God, and this has affected their relationship with Him, and denied them the experience of wholesome fellowship with Him. In their ignorance, many have attributed unpleasant and tragic incidents to God. They believe God ordained both good and evil. Thus, when for example someone passes on, they’ll say “The Lord gives, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the Name of the Lord!” What a wrong perception of God!

Some even think God took time to select certain people for wealth and some for poverty; some for sickness and others for good health. They believe whatever happens in their lives, good or bad is the will of God. They’ve misunderstood the nature of God, and perceived Him wrongly.

God is good and only does good things: “Every good gift and every perfect gift of from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variableness, neither shadow of turning” (James 1:17). Let this be your perception of Him. The Bible lets us know that He is Love. His ultimate display of love was to save you while you were still a sinner (Romans 5:cool. It was His deliberate choice to save you and He did it because of His love nature. He chose to give you all of Himself and everything that belonged to Him because He loves you. This is the perception of Him that you ought to have.

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for the revelation of your personality unveiled to me through your Word and by the Holy Ghost! I declare that I’m growing in the knowledge of who you are, and thus I’m fruitful and productive in all that I do through your grace and peace that’s multiplied unto me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
2 Peter 1:2-3
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

Philippians 3:10
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 24:1-35
Reading plan Exodus 26-27

2 Year Bible Matthew 12:10-21
Reading Plan Genesis 34

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 11:36am On Feb 04, 2011
Subject: A Divine Ancestry! – Friday February 4, 2011 – Pastor Chris

A Divine Ancestry!

Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4).

The expression “Ye are of God,” as used in our opening verse means you originate from God; you’re His reproduction – His offspring! It’s a description of your divine extraction. It’s so important for you as a child of God to understand that having been born again, you’re of a divine ancestry; you hail from God; your origin is in Him. No wonder the Bible declares in Acts 17:28: “For in him we live, and move, and have our being…For we are also his offspring.”

James 1:18 tells us that “Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.” God gave birth to you of His own will, by the Word of truth. The Apostle Peter reiterates the same thought in 1 Peter 1:23: “Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.” In essence, you’re born of God’s Word in exactly the same sense Jesus is described as the Word made flesh (John 1:14).

The Lord Jesus was always conscious of His divinity and was bold to declare it. Speaking to the Jews in John 8:23, He said, “Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.” Likewise, in John 17:16, in His prayer about those of us who believe in Him, He said “They are not of this world, even as I am not of this world.”

Let the reality of this dawn on you; you’re born from above, you’re not of natural descent: “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God” (John 1:12-13). Always be bold and quick to declare your divine ancestry. You’re not of this world. In Christ Jesus, you have overcome the world, having been born of God: “For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world…” (1 John 5:4).

Confession
I have overcome satan, the world and its failing systems because the greater One indwells me! Mine is the most sublime ancestry that there is, for it is divine! Thus, I live in absolute dominion and victory today by the power of the Holy Ghost who lives in me. Amen.

Further Study
Psalm 82:6
I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

John 10:34
Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 24:36-51
Reading plan Exodus 28

2 Year Bible Matthew 12:22-30
Reading Plan Genesis 35

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:53pm On Feb 05, 2011
Subject: Maintain The Glow Through Praying In Tongues – Saturday February 5, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Maintain The Glow Through Praying In Tongues

Never lag in zeal {and} in earnest endeavor; be aglow {and} burning with the Spirit, serving the Lord (Romans 12:11 AMP).

The only way you can be aglow with the fire of the God in your spirit is to be filled with the Holy Spirit. Jesus said in Acts 1:8 “And ye shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you.” The Greek word translated power here is “dunamis,” which refers to power that reproduces or revives itself.

Back in the Old Testament, they always needed a revival. King David asked in Psalm 85:6, “Wilt thou not revive us again: that thy people may rejoice in thee?” But the new man in Christ doesn’t need revival.

All through the Epistles none of the Apostle ever asked for revival. That’s because we have in our day something the Old Testament folks didn’t have; we can be filled with the Spirit and maintain that glow twenty four hours every day by spending time to pray fervidly in other tongues. This is something you must take seriously this year; maintaining the glow of the Spirit in your life.

In Acts 2:2-4 the Bible says “And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.” When you pray in tongues, that same glory that the apostles experienced in the Upper Room on the day of Pentecost, can come on you, and you can maintain it twenty-four hours of the day, seven days of the week and three sixty-five days of the year! Your prayer life becomes an exciting, everyday relationship with the Father as you maintain the glow in your spirit through praying in tongues.

You may have heard some bad news, but instead of feeling terrible and sad all day long as a result of what you heard, get into the flow of the Spirit and talk in other tongues. That way, you’re fixing things in the realm of the spirit. Every day, before you get about your business, speak in other tongues, and you’ll have direction throughout the day.

When you have tough choices and decisions to make, speak in other tongues! When it looks as though you don’t know what to do, or how to handle the challenges that are coming at you, get yourself to pray in the Spirit! That’ll put you in the flow of the Spirit to receive direction as to what to do, and how to do it.

Prayer
Dear Lord, I thank you for the power of your Spirit that’s at work in me! I thank you for the opportunity to be constantly filled with the Spirit; I’m fueled and aflame for the Lord, as my heart beats with the desire to do His will today, and always, in Jesus Name.

Further Study
Ephesians 5:18-20
And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 25:1-30
Reading plan Exodus 29-30

2 Year Bible Matthew 12:31-38
Reading Plan Genesis 36

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:10am On Feb 09, 2011
Subject: The Blessing And The Advantage – Wednesday February 9, 2011 – Pastor Anita

The Blessing And The Advantage

Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing (1 Peter 3:9).

Some people complain bitterly about how they’ve been cheated, victimized or marginalized by others. They give these excuses as reasons for their failure in life. But that’s not your lot if you’re born again. You're the seed of Abraham: “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:29). The blessing of Abraham is at work in you, and that blessing guarantees your prosperity, no matter where you find yourself in life, and gives you the advantage.

It was that blessing at work in Isaac that gave him the advantage, causing him to prosper exceedingly, wax great and make progress until he became the envy of the Philistines (Genesis 26:13-14). That blessing was what made him dig wells and find water where others had tried and failed. The blessing worked so much for him that in a time of drought, where others experienced no harvest, Isaac sowed in the same land and reaped a hundred fold harvest (Genesis 26:12).

Now, if the blessing could work so much for the folks in the Old Testament, and give them the advantage, then it certainly works much more for us today. This is the reason as a child of God you can never be disadvantaged; for you’re the blessed of the Lord! The blessing of Abraham is at work in you twenty-four hours a day.

This blessing was what gave Abraham the advantage when he parted ways with his nephew, Lot. Both men had flocks that were so large that the land they occupied couldn’t accommodate them together any longer. This caused strife between their herdsmen. Abraham wasn’t happy with this, so he called Lot and asked him to choose a part of the land where he could tend his own flocks separately to prevent their herdsmen from confronting each other. The Bible says, Lot chose the best part of the land, leaving the other part for his uncle, Abraham (Genesis 13:10-11).

Abraham didn’t care what part of the land he got for he knew he was a blessed man. By virtue of the covenant God made with him, he knew the whole world was his. We can also be like-minded for the world is ours through the blessing of Abraham.

Confession
I’m blessed with faithful Abraham, therefore I manifest blessings everywhere I go, and the blessing of God upon my life gives me the advantage; therefore I win today and every day, in Jesus’ Name.

Further Study
Genesis 28:3-4
And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people; And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham.

Galatians 3:29
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 26:57-75
Reading plan Exodus 36-37

2 Year Bible Matthew 13:24-33
Reading Plan Genesis 40

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:18am On Feb 10, 2011
Subject: The Blessing And The Advantage – Wednesday February 9, 2011 – Pastor Anita

The Blessing And The Advantage

Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing (1 Peter 3:9).

Some people complain bitterly about how they’ve been cheated, victimized or marginalized by others. They give these excuses as reasons for their failure in life. But that’s not your lot if you’re born again. You're the seed of Abraham: “And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise” (Galatians 3:29). The blessing of Abraham is at work in you, and that blessing guarantees your prosperity, no matter where you find yourself in life, and gives you the advantage.

It was that blessing at work in Isaac that gave him the advantage, causing him to prosper exceedingly, wax great and make progress until he became the envy of the Philistines (Genesis 26:13-14). That blessing was what made him dig wells and find water where others had tried and failed. The blessing worked so much for him that in a time of drought, where others experienced no harvest, Isaac sowed in the same land and reaped a hundred fold harvest (Genesis 26:12).

Now, if the blessing could work so much for the folks in the Old Testament, and give them the advantage, then it certainly works much more for us today. This is the reason as a child of God you can never be disadvantaged; for you’re the blessed of the Lord! The blessing of Abraham is at work in you twenty-four hours a day.

This blessing was what gave Abraham the advantage when he parted ways with his nephew, Lot. Both men had flocks that were so large that the land they occupied couldn’t accommodate them together any longer. This caused strife between their herdsmen. Abraham wasn’t happy with this, so he called Lot and asked him to choose a part of the land where he could tend his own flocks separately to prevent their herdsmen from confronting each other. The Bible says, Lot chose the best part of the land, leaving the other part for his uncle, Abraham (Genesis 13:10-11).

Abraham didn’t care what part of the land he got for he knew he was a blessed man. By virtue of the covenant God made with him, he knew the whole world was his. We can also be like-minded for the world is ours through the blessing of Abraham.

Confession
I’m blessed with faithful Abraham, therefore I manifest blessings everywhere I go, and the blessing of God upon my life gives me the advantage; therefore I win today and every day, in Jesus’ Name.

Further Study
Genesis 28:3-4
And God Almighty bless thee, and make thee fruitful, and multiply thee, that thou mayest be a multitude of people; And give thee the blessing of Abraham, to thee, and to thy seed with thee; that thou mayest inherit the land wherein thou art a stranger, which God gave unto Abraham.

Galatians 3:29
And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 26:57-75
Reading plan Exodus 36-37

2 Year Bible Matthew 13:24-33
Reading Plan Genesis 40

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:37am On Feb 12, 2011
Subject: Make That Change! – Saturday February 12, 2011 – Pastor Anita

Make That Change! – Saturday February 12, 2011 – Pastor Anita

Each of you must take responsibility for doing the creative best you can with your life (Galatians 6:5 MSG).

A lot of Christians try to make God responsible for what is actually their responsibility. Sometimes you hear some people make statements like, “If God didn’t want that thing to happen, why did He let it happen?” For those who talk like that, it’s obvious they are not aware that the authority to change things in the earth doesn’t rest with God, for He’s delegated that authority to us – His children. We have the responsibility to change things when the circumstances of our lives don’t line up with the provisions of the gospel of Christ.

In Matthew 17:20, Jesus lets us know that YOU, not God, can do ANYTHING: “…verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.” If He had said nothing shall be impossible unto God, that would have been easy enough to agree with; everybody ought to know that. But He said nothing shall be impossible unto YOU.

Then in Mark 9:23, He said, “…all things are possible to him that believeth.” So the big question is: Do you believe? If you do, then what do you believe? If you believe God’s Word and put it to work in your life, then anything is possible unto you. You shouldn’t wait for God to alter your circumstances; you’re to make that change! By your faith, you can be what you want to be, change what you want to change, and achieve what you want to achieve!

Learn to take up your responsibility, for you’ve been imbued with the ability to affect changes. You don’t have to wait for evil to strike in your home before you put your faith to work and cause changes that you desire. Keep the Word in your mouth always, releasing faith-filled confessions; and those confessions will create the realities in your life.

Confession
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. My life is one of endless possibilities, nothing is difficult for me, and no negative or challenging circumstances and situations are impossible for me to change. I’m a believer in Christ Jesus, therefore, a possessor of all things!

Further Study
Mark 11:23
For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 27:45-66
Reading plan Leviticus 1-3

2 Year Bible Matthew 13:53-58
Reading Plan Genesis 43

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:03am On Feb 13, 2011
Give Your Dreams Positive Interpretations

For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed (Jeremiah 29:80).

In certain Christian circles, many believe that eating in your dream is ominous; they associate it with the activities of demons. But could there possibly be anything wrong with eating in your sleep? What’s the position of God’s Word on the subject?

Let’s begin by reviewing Isaiah 29:7-8: “And the multitude of all the nations that fight against Ariel…shall be as a dream of a night vision. It shall even be as when an hungry man dreameth, and behold, he eateth; but he awaketh, and his soul is empty: or as when a thirsty man dreameth, and behold, he drinketh; but he awaketh, and, behold, he is faint, and his soul hath appetite…” If a man eats in his dream and still wakes up hungry, it means he really didn’t eat anything. This therefore shows there’s nothing to eating in your dream; it’s just the imagination of your spirit.

Satan thrives on the fear and ignorance of people. If you had a dream for example, and then you’re uncertain about the meaning, satan could launch an attack against your mind by suggesting negative interpretations to that dream. Fear might then creep in, which ultimately could pave way for demons to have a field day. So the problem isn’t with the dream; it has a lot more to do with accepting the negative interpretation of the dream brought to you by satan.

So you ought to be smart to always subject your dreams to the Word of God. Don’t accept the lie from satan that eating in your dream is ominous; if anything, it means prosperity. Throughout the Bible, there’s no place satan gave people food to eat in a dream; only God fed people in their dream, example is Peter (Acts 10:9-15).

If you found yourself eating in your dream, don’t be afraid. Wake up and begin to prophesy: “I was eating in my dream; therefore I shall always have food. I shall always have plenty!” Don’t wake up crying that someone has bewitched you in your dream, for you’re a new creation in Christ Jesus, and every food you eat is sanctified by the Word of God and prayer. Besides, no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper, be it in your dream or in real life.

Confession
I’ve learned today to always cream my dreams. I refuse to base the outcome of my life on the lies and suggestions of the enemy. Rather, I see myself in the greater light of God’s Word as the true victor that I am. Hallelujah!

Further Study
Isaiah 54:17
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

Luke 10:19
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Matthew 28
Reading plan Leviticus 4-5

2 Year Bible Matthew 14:1-10
Reading Plan Genesis 44

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by SirJohn(m): 9:48am On Feb 13, 2011
^^^^@mabell,
you can run but you cant hide, I'm still waiting for you here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-599451.128.html
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:16am On Feb 15, 2011
Subject: Partakers Of A Glorious Inheritance – Tuesday February 15, 2011 – Pastor Anita

Partakers Of A Glorious Inheritance – Tuesday February 15, 2011 – Pastor Anita

Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light (Colossians 1:12).

Did you notice that this verse of scripture didn’t say “God will make us,” or “is going to make us partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light?” Rather, it says He “hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light.” That means He’s already done it; we’ve been made partakers of a glorious inheritance – the inheritance of the saints in light. God the Father did this for us, in spite of ourselves. We couldn’t qualify for it on our own; He “made us meet,” that means qualified us to be partakers – sharers or joint-heirs of the inheritance.

Your good works or your own righteousness couldn’t qualify you for the blessing. But God in His infinite mercy and kindness qualified you for the good life. How exciting to realize that you don’t have to strive to be good enough for God. There’s no need to strive and work to merit His blessings, for it’s by grace. His righteousness is your qualification to be a partaker of the glorious inheritance He’s prepared for the saints.

Thus, all the glorious and precious promises in the Word that have come to us through Christ are your present hour possessions. Prosperity, healing and health, success, spiritual advancement and everything that’s required for your total well-being are all yours now. Many have been deprived the enjoyment of their glorious inheritance in Christ due to their ignorance of God’s Word: “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge… (Hosea 4:6).

God’s Word is the book of your inheritance; that’s why in Acts 20:32, the Apostle Paul, through the Spirit declares: “And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.” This is the reason you must study the Word voraciously, for the Bible says, through knowledge – the knowledge of God’s Word – shall the just be delivered (Proverbs 11:9).

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I thank you for qualifying me to be a partaker of the inheritance of the saints in light. I declare that I’m walking in divine prosperity, health and peace, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
Colossians 1:13
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Galatians 2:16
Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Mark 1:21-45
Reading plan Leviticus 8

2 Year Bible Matthew 14:22-33
Reading Plan Genesis 46

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:22am On Feb 17, 2011
You’re Far Above Principalities – Thursday February 17, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it (Colossians 2:15).

Paul’s letter to the Church at Ephesus in the sixth chapter of the book of Ephesians lets us in on the possibility of a structure of the devil and his demons. So he talks about the different orders and principalities: “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places” (Ephesians 6:12). So there are principalities, powers, and rulers of the darkness of this world.

Also, Paul refers to the highest cadre as wicked spirits in the heavenly places (Ephesians 6:12 AMP). These set up their thrones and operate in the heavenly places; they control large dominions, rule over nations and regions. They also control the affairs of men who yield themselves to the devil. But as you study Ephesians 2:6, you observe that you’ve been raised together with, and made to sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. You’re seated with Christ, far above all principality and power and every organization of the adversary. That means you’re superior to even the highest ranking demons!

Realize that you occupy the place of authority in Christ, far above satan and everything that’s connected to him. Satan is a defeated foe, who’s been stripped of all power, influence and dominion. So, it doesn’t matter if he assigns himself or his demons to monitor your activities and try to ruin things for you, they’ve been programmed to fail! In Christ, you defeated satan and all his demons and overcame all the manipulative and evil structures of the world set up by him. Colossians 2:15 (MSG) describes the current dismal and completely powerless state of satan and his cohorts after what Jesus did to them: “He stripped all the spiritual tyrants in the universe of their sham authority at the Cross and marched them naked through the streets.”

So for you as a child of God, the devil and his demons don’t count, so never be afraid of them. Not only has Jesus given you power and authority to cast out devils (Mark 16:17), He also made you superior to satan and his demons. So you shouldn’t have a care in the world about satan and his evil structure and activities in the earth, for you’re seated with Christ in the place of power, “far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come” (Ephesians 1:21).

Confession
I am seated together with Christ in the heavenly realms, far above principalities and powers, where I reign and rule as a king in this life. I live in dominion over sin, sickness and infirmities, and I’ve overcome the world!

Further Study
Hebrews 4:14
Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.

Ephesians 2:5-6
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are savedwink And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Mark 2:23-3:12
Reading plan Leviticus 11-12

2 Year Bible Matthew 15:10-20
Reading Plan Genesis 48

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:47am On Feb 18, 2011
Subject: He Hasn’t Forgotten You! – Friday February 18, 2011 – Pastor Anita

He Hasn’t Forgotten You!

Behold, I have indelibly imprinted (tattooed a picture of) you on the palm of each of my hands… (Isaiah 49:16 AMP).

There’re some Christians who upon hearing other people’s testimonies of God’s faithfulness wonder if God has forgotten them, and ask “O God, what about me?” The Lord has not and will never forget you, for He says, “See, I have tattooed your name upon my palm…” (Isaiah 49:16 TLB). So, don’t give up, help is on the way!

God isn’t partial; He’s not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which you have showed toward His Name (Hebrews 6:10). He’s a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him (Hebrews 11:6), Therefore all you need do is trust Him; keep acting your faith and remain faithful and diligent in your service to Him.

He may not respond when you want Him to but He’s always on time; He’s never late. He can and will make happen for you what He’s made happen for others, for He’s no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34). What He did for one He’ll do for another under the same circumstances. And even if He’s never done what you’re asking for anyone, He can do it for you, just because you asked Him.

So, quit thinking that the Lord has forgotten you. In Isaiah 49:15 He assures you that though a woman may forget her suckling child, and not show compassion toward her own son, He will never forget you: “Can a woman forget her suckling child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee.”

When you hear others share their testimonies of the Lord’s goodness to them, greatly rejoice with them and for them with all your heart! The Bible says rejoice with those that rejoice (Romans 12:15), for as you do, you’re making room for your own testimony.

Prayer
Dear Father, I rejoice at the comfort and assurance that your Word has brought to me today. I thank you for watching over me today to do me good, and for showing me your great love, faithfulness and mercies, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study

Isaiah 49:15-17
Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. Behold, I have graven thee upon the palms of my hands; thy walls are continually before me. Thy children shall make haste; thy destroyers and they that made thee waste shall go forth of thee.

Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Mark 3:13-35
Reading plan Leviticus 13-14

2 Year Bible Matthew 15:21-28
Reading Plan Genesis 49

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 10:09pm On Feb 19, 2011
Subject: The Holy Spirit Is With You FOREVER – Saturday February 19, 2011 – Pastor Chris

The Holy Spirit Is With You FOREVER – Saturday February 19, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever (John 14:16).

Some Christians think the Holy Spirit sometimes goes on a break, or takes a recess just because at such times they don’t “feel” His presence. You don’t have to “feel” God to know that He’s with you. Rather, you ought to know that He’s with you always, because the Word says so. Jesus said, “…and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen” (Matthew 28:20). He didn’t say, “I’m with you only when you can “feel” that I am.” Many have reduced their experience of Christianity to the carnal realm of feeling, and that so wrong, for we walk by faith and not by sensory perceptions (2 Corinthians 5:7).

But you might want to ask, “What if someone, having received the Holy Spirit at the New Birth, backslides and feels that the Holy Spirit has left him or her, is this just a feeling or was the Holy Spirit actually frustrated with all the sin in such a person?” Well, God is not a man (Numbers 23:19), and He doesn’t act like some earthly parents who wouldn’t relate with their kids for doing something wrong. Sadly, this is the poor perception of God that some folks have.

That you did something wrong won’t make the Holy Spirit leave you. Remember, you weren’t made right with God because of your own righteousness; it came because God gave you His righteousness. Thus, His presence with you isn’t dependent on what you did right or wrong, or the way you feel. His presence is dependent on His infallible Word; because of His love! That’s the reason He’ll never leave you nor forsake you (Hebrews 13:5).

Read again the words of Jesus in our opening verse, He said “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever” (John 14:16). God the Father, through the Holy Spirit abides with you forever, not sometimes. Don’t consider what your feelings tell you. As long as you haven’t willfully rejected Christ and His sacrifice of salvation for you on the Cross, the Holy Spirit cannot and will not leave you!

Even when you err and start feeling as though the Holy Spirit has left you, it’s still the Holy Spirit who guides you unto repentance, proving His presence with you even at such times. If He left you, you could never return to Him. But He wouldn’t, for He’s with you to fulfill His ministry in your life, till Jesus comes. Hallelujah!

Prayer
Precious Lord, I thank you for the rich fellowship of the Holy Spirit which I enjoy lavishly today, and forever. What joy to know that I’m ordained into this wonderful union and fellowship with you for eternity! Amen.

Further Study
Hebrews 13:5
Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

2 Corinthians 13:14
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Mark 4:1-20
Reading plan Leviticus 15

2 Year Bible Matthew 15:29-39
Reading Plan Genesis 50

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:21am On Feb 22, 2011
Subject: Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God – Tuesday February 22, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Don’t Short-circuit The Power Of God – Tuesday February 22, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen. (Ephesians 3:20-21).

God can do anything, He is the Lord, the God of all flesh, and there’s nothing impossible with Him. His power is unlimited. Yet, many short-circuit that power and make it ineffective in their own lives because of doubt and unbelief. Some others try to “help” God by dictating to Him how they want Him to do what they want Him to do.

I’ll explain with this example: Let’s take it that you want the Lord to give you a house, a car or any other thing in the physical realm and you know its monetary value. When you pray, don’t ask Him for the money; rather specifically ask for what you want. You might think, “But I can’t get it without money!” But who told you that? God isn’t limited by your situation or any circumstance. When you tell Him what you want, He’ll give it to you.

Many don’t get their prayers answered because they ask amiss (James 4:3); not knowing the Word of God. To get the right results, you must ask according to God’s Word. Some people will pray, “O God, use so and so to help me…” Such prayer will limit the influence and power of God on your life. Always remember that God is your help, not man. The psalmist said, “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth” (Psalm 121:1-2).

Of course God will use people to bless and help you but He doesn’t have to do it through a particular person as you have it in your mind. He doesn’t want your attention to be on any man! He can use anybody and anything to fulfill His Word in your life. Many people have God all figured out. They pray but nothing happens, meanwhile they’re responsible for limiting God in their lives. Once they expect things to happen a certain way, all their attention and focus is toward that direction, which mostly is away from God and His Word. Don’t be that way.

Quit looking up to man for help, look to the Lord; for your help is in the Name of the LORD!

Confession
For the Lord my God is great and greatly to be praised, and my face have I set towards Him, my eternal Helper. In you O Lord have I put my trust, confident that you’re able to do today, exceeding, and abundantly above all that my heart can fathom, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Psalm 33:20-22
Our soul waiteth for the LORD: he is our help and our shield. For our heart shall rejoice in him, because we have trusted in his holy name. Let thy mercy, O LORD, be upon us, according as we hope in thee.

Jeremiah 32:27
Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Mark 5:21-43
Reading plan Leviticus 22-23

2 Year Bible Matthew 16:21-28
Reading Plan Exodus 3

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Oyakhilome
--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 9:28am On Feb 23, 2011
Subject: Vocalize Your Faith – Wednesday February 23, 2011 – Wednesday February 23, 2011 – Pastor Chris

Vocalize Your Faith – Wednesday February 23, 2011 – Wednesday February 23, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God. For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. (Mark 11:22-23).

The Master, in Mark 11:23, gave a clear picture of what true faith is. He says whatever you desire will become yours by vocalizing what you believe in His Word. Thus, in the faith-arena, you agree with and say what the Word of God says about you or your situation. Faith isn’t just to believe God’s Word in your heart, faith actually speaks.

Not effectively vocalizing what they believe is the reason many in the Church have their faith defective. In fact to them, it seems the message of faith isn’t real. These ones have long over-stayed in the arena of believing. Believing is not enough, for the Bible says even the devils believe and tremble (James 2:19). To believe in what God has spoken concerning your situation is wonderful, but what gets the job done is when you give voice to your believing.

Jesus showed us a practical example of this when he cursed the fig tree! After He spoke to the tree and said “No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever,” the next line says, “And his disciples heard it” (Mark 11:14). The disciples heard Jesus when He spoke but they didn’t observe any change in the tree. But by the next morning, as they passed by the same alley, they immediately noticed that the tree had withered from its roots. Jesus did this to teach us to talk our faith. Learn to vocalize your faith; don’t just stop with believing what the Word says, talk it!

In the area of your health for example, don’t stop with merely believing that by His stripes you’ve been healed; vocalize it. Say, “Thank you Lord, because every fiber of my being and every cell in my body has been vitalized, repaired, energized and overhauled by the Spirit that raised up Jesus Christ from the dead.”

Your life is the offspring of your confessions, not just what you believe in God’s Word. So declare God’s Word concerning your job, health and finances today, and always.

Prayer
I am fully aware that the quality of life that I live is based on the faith-filled words that I utter. I hold fast to the profession of faith without wavering, therefore, I declare that my life, health, family and finances are consistent with your Word in Jesus Name.

Further Study
2 Corinthians 4:13
We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak;

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Mark 6:1-29
Reading plan Leviticus 24

2 Year Bible Matthew 17:1-13
Reading Plan Exodus 4

Rhapsody of Realities Pastor Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:40am On Feb 25, 2011
Subject: You’re a Life Giver – Thursday February 24, 2011 – Pastor Anita

You’re a Life Giver – Thursday February 24, 2011 – Pastor Anita

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit (1 Corinthians 15:45).

The Bible says the first man Adam was made a living soul. The last Adam, Jesus Christ, was made a quickening spirit; that means a life giving spirit. You were born after the last Adam, who is a life-giver, thus you’ve also become a life giving spirit. You need to understand the seriousness of your calling as a Christian; you’ve been called to be a life-giver.

The Bible says Christ in you, the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27); that means there’s hope for the world because of you. Even if you were the only Christian in your city, because of you, there’s hope for that city, for you can give life to it. Remember, when you were born again you received eternal life and became a dispenser or distributor of divine verities. The life of God in your spirit has made you a life-giving spirit.

See yourself in this light; see yourself as a man of blessing and go ahead and bless your world! As a life-giving spirit, your words are potent and they have life. Those you bless are blessed, and those whose sins you forgive are forgiven. Also, you can give life to any dead or hopeless situation through the power of God’s Spirit that lives in you: But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you” (Romans 8:11).

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the glorious life you’ve given me. This life is at work in every fibre of my being, making me a super-being. Through the power of your Spirit which works mightily in me, I’ve become a distributor of eternal verities to everyone in my world, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study
John 5:26
For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

John 6:3
And Jesus went up into a mountain, and there he sat with his disciples.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Mark 6:30-56
Reading plan Leviticus 25

2 Year Bible Matthew 17:14-21
Reading Plan Exodus 5

Rhapsody of Realities Anita Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:25am On Mar 09, 2011
Wednesday 9th March
Pastor Anita A Brand New Man!

Therefore if any person is [ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come (2 Corinthians 5:17 AMP).

The Greek rendering of the phrase “passed away” in the scripture above means “gone out of existence.” So as a new creation you’re a brand new man; not one who was merely forgiven his trespasses. The Bible says, “…we are buried with him (Christ) by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life” (Romans 6:4). When you were born again, your human spirit was recreated. Your history began that day; so as far as God is concerned, you never existed hitherto.
Realize that you didn’t merely turn over a new leaf when you were born again; you were recreated as a new species. You may still look the same way you did before you received Christ; as a matter of fact, your physical appearance remains the same; but your spirit is renewed! It’s a brand new life; that’s why the Bible says “all things have become new!”

Sickness, poverty, failure and death are not a part of the new life in Christ. Such things as ancestral curses and generational sicknesses ceased to be a part of your life because you were severed from your earthly affinity when you were born again. Your life history began on the day you accepted Christ and made Him Lord of your life

Confession
I’m a new creation in Christ Jesus, created for glory, and for beauty! My life’s history begins with God for I’m crucified with Christ and arose with Him a brand new man; one without a past. The life in my body is the divine life of God which has supplanted the natural human life! Praise God.

Further Study
1 Year Bible reading plan: Numbers 24-26
Mark 14:1-26
2 Year Bible reading: Matthew 21:18-32, Exodus 18
Bible Reading
James 1:18 AMP; John 1:12-13 AMP
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 6:52pm On Mar 18, 2011
Subject: Don’t Keep Quiet!

Don’t Keep Quiet! – Thursday March 17, 2011 – Pastor Chris

For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not the gospel! (1 Corinthians 9:16).

The Lord Jesus made a profound statement in Matthew 5:15, He said, “Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.” At the beginning of the year, the Spirit of God unveiled to us that 2011 is our year as a burning and a shining light. Thus, we’re all supposed to burn and shine for the Lord with unquenchable zeal in manifesting His glory through the preaching of the Gospel to everyone in our world.

This means you can’t keep quiet. You must do something with what you’ve heard. Like Paul, necessity is laid upon you to preach the Gospel. You’ve got to tell somebody else about the glorious life in Christ. The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 5:19, “To wit that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.” This ought to be your motivation for personal evangelism. This should spur you to go anywhere and do anything to preach the Gospel.

This was my inspiration years ago, that made me go to hamlets, villages, cities, hospitals, schools etc., to preach the Gospel; and it’s still my motivation today. I’ve got to tell the untold about Jesus and the extraordinary life that He has made available to us. The supernatural life that He brought didn’t end with his death, burial, resurrection and ascension to heaven. He’s alive today, and reigns and rules in the affairs of men. You’ve got to tell it to the world. Wake up every day with the fire of God burning in your bones to tell the whole world that Jesus is alive and He wants all men saved, well and sound! Let this be a burden in your heart!

Nothing else in the world should matter to you more than the preaching of the Gospel. Don’t keep the revelations of the Gospel that you’ve received to yourself. Tell it everywhere. Make it known. Many in the world today still don’t know anything about Jesus. A lot of those who do, only know the history told them by some theologians, and not the spirit of it; this is one more reason we must keep preaching the Gospel, and not be quiet.

Prayer
Necessity is laid upon me to make known to everyone in my world the power of God unveiled through the Gospel! I step out today as an able minister of the Gospel, not of the letter, but of the Spirit that gives life. Amen.

Further Study
Jeremiah 20:9
Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay.
Acts 18:9-11
Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace: For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city. And he continued there a year and six months, teaching the word of God among them.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 1:57-80
Reading plan Deuteronomy 8-10

2 Year Bible Matthew 23:23-39
Reading Plan Exodus 26

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:18pm On Mar 18, 2011
Products Of His Eternal Love – Friday March 18, 2011 – Pastor Anita

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him (1 John 4:9).

God loves you more than you can ever imagine! He proved this by sending Jesus to die in your place while you were yet to know Him. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” We’re products of His eternal and unfailing love.

Think about it: God gave heaven’s best for you. His love pulled you out of darkness into His marvelous light where you have dominion over the circumstances of life. Now, nothing can separate you from that love (Romans 8:35-39), not even sin: “For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life” (Romans 5:10).

God’s love for you never diminishes; the power of His love never wanes. His love for you is both perfect (1 John 4:16-18), and eternal (Jeremiah 31:3). It’s important that you’re confident in God’s love for you, for that awareness and consciousness will help you reign in life and exercise dominion over sin, sickness, poverty, failure, and death. It will give you the mentality of a king! You’ll stand boldly without fear, intimidation or inferiority because you know nothing can separate you from His eternal love.

You're a product of God’s eternal love. The reason He saved you, gave you eternal life, filled you with His Spirit and beautified your life with His glory and grace is because He loves you. This should awaken a new confidence to live life to your full potentials. Nothing can stop you, for God’s love has made you a champion and a wonder.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for demonstrating your great love for me, thus making me a victor and a champion for life. I recognize my true value today in the light of your love, and I function in this knowledge today, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Romans 8:35-39
Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or unclothedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

1 John 3:1
Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 2:1-20
Reading plan Deuteronomy 11-12

2 Year Bible Matthew 24:1-11
Reading Plan Exodus 27

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:21pm On Mar 19, 2011
Never Criticize Something You Desire! – Saturday March 19, 2011 – Pastor Chris

For wrath killeth the foolish man, and envy slayeth the silly one (Job 5:2).

Often times, people get critical and envious of others instead of seeing the good done by them; it’s an ugly spirit! Never allow it in your life. This ugly attitude was what moved Saul to try to kill David after David killed Goliath: “And Saul sought to smite David even to the wall with the javelin; but he slipped away out of Saul’s presence, and he smote the javelin into the wall…” (1 Samuel 19:10).

Saul was envious of David’s success, because of how others praised him: “And the women answered one another as they played, and said, Saul hath slain his thousands, and David his ten thousands” (1 Samuel 18:7). I’ve often said that the fact that someone else is succeeding doesn’t mean you’re failing; you measure your success by what God has called you to do. So when you see those who are doing well, and are being praised for their work, rejoice with them! Be genuinely excited for them! Rather than become bitter or critical, look out for what you can learn from them!

People become jealous and envious only when they are inordinately desirous of another’s advantages. If you walk in love, you’ll never be jealous of anyone, for you know you couldn’t ever be disadvantaged in any way!

As members of the same body of Christ, the success of one is the success of all; when one wins, he wins for us all! That’s because God’s desire is for every one of us to prosper and excel! Thus, instead of being threatened by the prosperity of others, be happy for them, and never criticize them for it.

Prayer
Dear Father, I thank you for the assurance I have in your love for me. I have no reason to be envious or desirous of another’s success for I know that I have a peculiar calling and destiny to fulfill in you! I demonstrate your life to others today, and rejoice with them as they make progress, in Jesus Name. Amen.

Further Study
Proverbs 14:30
A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the rottenness of the bones.

Romans 12:15
Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 2:21-52
Reading plan Deuteronomy13-15

2 Year Bible Matthew 24:12-22
Reading Plan Exodus 28

Rhapsody of Realities Chris Oyakhilome
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by njira(f): 6:30pm On Mar 22, 2011
Mabell Mabell Mabell, ! i am new to this forums and av just come across this your thread. Am impressed by your faithfulness to posting. you may not understand how a huge blessing this thread is, more so to me personally. May God richly specially bless you for this thread! thank you Mabell!
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:41pm On Mar 22, 2011
Amen o! good to hear these testimonies
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 7:43pm On Mar 22, 2011
The Holy Spirit Makes The Difference – Tuesday March 22, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And the Spirit of LORD will come upon thee, and thou shall prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man (1 Samuel 10:6).

The importance of the Holy Spirit’s ministry in the Church can never be over emphasized. He is the boss in the Church today! We talk about Jesus and the Father but the Holy Spirit is the one that’s with us here (John 16:17). He reveals the Father and Jesus to us. You can’t understand the Father or Jesus except through the Holy Spirit. No wonder the Lord Jesus Christ commanded His disciples to remain in Jerusalem until they were endued with power of the Spirit (Acts 1:4). They needed the power of the Holy Ghost to be effective witnesses of the Gospel of Christ.

In the Old Testament, when the Holy Spirit came on the prophets of old, He made the difference in their lives and ministry. Also, the apostles of the Lord were transformed the instant the Holy Ghost came upon them. As we read in our opening scripture above, Saul, the son of Kish was transformed and turned into another a man when the Holy Spirit came on him. And he not being a prophet was enabled by the power of the Spirit to prophesy in company of other prophets, such that those who saw him wondered in amazement and asked “…is Saul also among the prophets?” (1 Samuel 10:11).

Likewise, the apostle Peter, who in timidity and fear, denied the Master before a young girl, became so bold after he had been endued with the power of the Spirit. When the opportunity came to testify about Christ, he boldly declared to the leaders and elders of the Jews that the name of Jesus is the only name whereby we must be saved (Acts 4:12). By the power of the Spirit, Peter preached and won three thousand souls to Christ at once: “Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls” (Acts 2:41). The Holy Spirit made the difference in his life!

The same Holy Spirit is all you need for a successful and fruitful journey in your walk with God and through life! He’ll make the difference in your life if you’ll learn to recognize Him and walk with Him! He’ll take you all the way, and become to you what you need Him to be!

Prayer
Dear heavenly Father, I’m so grateful for the privilege and boundless blessings of your Spirit in my life. Thank you for the power of the Spirit that’s so mightily at work in me today, making me an able and effective minister of the Gospel, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Acts 1:8
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

John 14:16
And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 4:14-44
Reading plan Deuteronomy 22-24

2 Year Bible Matthew 24:45-51
Reading Plan Exodus 31

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 8:56am On Mar 23, 2011
The Name Of Jesus Works By Faith – Wednesday March 23, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you. (Matthew 17:20).

There are Christians who can’t understand why the Name of Jesus doesn’t seem to produce desired results for them. So, often, in frustration, they complain and say, “I tried using the name of Jesus to change things, but it didn’t work, why?”

It brings to mind the experience Jesus had with His disciples in Matthew 17:14-21. The disciples, had been trying to cast the devil out of a young guy, and it didn’t work, until Jesus showed up and asked what the matter was. At that point, the father of the boy who had the devil spoke up and said “Master, I brought my son to your disciples to cast the devil out and they couldn’t. If you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us.” Then Jesus cast the devil out of the little boy.

Afterwards, the disciples came to Him privately and asked “Master, why couldn’t we cast the devil out?” Then, Jesus answered and said, “Because of your unbelief.” Jesus identified their problem as unbelief. The same unbelief accounts for why the name of Jesus seems not to work for certain believers today. They use the name in unbelief.

For the Name of Jesus to be effective in your mouth, you’ve got to know the power behind that Name. And when you speak in the Name of Jesus, you should expect things to change. Don’t go observing circumstances and wondering whether they’ll change or not; only consider the Word, and the awesome power and authority behind that Name. That’s how to keep your faith steady and strong to apprehend your heart desire, using the Name of Jesus.

Prayer
Heavenly Father, I’m so grateful to you for teaching me your Word and showing me how I can effectively put the awesome Name of Jesus to use. I make progress in life today, and every day as I effect changes in the circumstances of my life through faith in the Name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study
Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Acts 3:16
And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 5:1-16
Reading plan Deuteronomy 25-27

2 Year Bible Matthew 25:1-13
Reading Plan Exodus 32

Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 5:25pm On Mar 24, 2011
A Glorious Union By Grace – Thursday March 24, 2011 – Pastor Anita

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen (2 Corinthians 13:14).

Communion derives from the Greek word “koinonia,” which means companionship, company, partnership, friendship, oneness or association. It refers to the state of being a fellow or associate; the quality or state of being comradely. It connotes an activity that takes place between two people on the same level.

The apostle Paul had this in mind in his epistle to the Romans, unveiling how we’ve been brought into a legal union, and are contractually associated as joint principles with divinity: “And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ” (Romans 8:17). Our partnership with Christ means we’re in Him, and He’s in us, as one indivisible entity! Everything He owns belongs to you as much as they belong to Him. Ours is an inseparable union that has brought us into oneness with divinity.

Not only was your spirit recreated when you were born again, you were also immersed into Christ; you became one with Him! The Bible says, “For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been made to drink into one Spirit” (1 Corinthians 12:13). You’ve been made to drink into one Spirit; you’ve become inter-mingled with the Spirit of God as one divine creation.

God has brought us to His level by bringing us into union with Himself, and His Son (1 John 1:3). He brought you into this glorious union by His grace, not of your works! We didn’t ask for it, it was God’s choice: “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is a gift of God” (Ephesians 2:cool.

Prayer
Blessed be God, whose faithfulness endures forever, and by whom I’ve been called into fellowship with His Son Jesus Christ! I declare that the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and fellowship of the Holy Spirit rests and abides with me today, and forever, in Jesus Name Amen.

Further Study
1 Corinthians 1:9
God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord

1 John 1:3
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 5:17-39
Reading plan Deuteronomy 28

2 Year Bible Matthew 25:14-30
Reading Plan Exodus 33

--------------------
Re: Rhapsody Of Realities: A Daily Devotional by mabell: 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2011
A Place Of Absolute Health – Saturday April 2, 2011 – Pastor Chris

And the inhabitant shall not say, I am sick: the people that dwell therein shall be forgiven their iniquity (Isaiah 33:24).

In the scripture above, the prophet Isaiah talks about the city of Zion and informs us that the inhabitants of that city shall not say, “I am sick.” He introduces us to a place of absolute health. In Hebrews 12:22, the Bible tells us that we have come into that city; it’s called Zion – the city of the living God. That means those of us who are born again have been born into Zion and have become bona fide citizens of this glorious land of assurance and health.

There’s no sickness in Zion. The day you made Jesus Lord of your life, you came into the place called Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17); you came into Zion, the heavenly Jerusalem. In Colossians 1:13 it’s called the Kingdom of God’s dear Son: “Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son.” So, as a child of God you live in this spiritual kingdom where divinity reigns; where divine health is your present-hour possession. There’s no darkness there; that’s why it’s called the kingdom of light!

How important it is for you to realize that the kingdom to which you belong is not the same as the kingdom of this world where sin, sickness, disease and infirmities hold men in bondage. You’re not subject to the darkness and depraved systems and structures of this world; you belong in Zion! It’s a land of glory, prosperity, beauty and honour, where sickness is foreign. Therefore you have both the right and responsibility to say “no” to sickness and refuse to be sick.

Confession
I dwell in Zion; the Kingdom of light, and of God’s dear Son where I reign and rule by the power of the Spirit! I thank you Father, for bringing me into such a beautiful place of glory, honour and prosperity.

Further Study
Hebrews 12:22
But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

Daily Scripture Reading
1 Year Bible Luke 9:18-36
Reading plan Joshua 13-15

2 Year Bible Matthew 27:1-10
Reading Plan Leviticus 2

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (106) (Reply)

Contemplation Seeds From Eckankar / A Library Of The Best 40 Atheist Arguments Against God/religion (NOW WITH PICS) / Marine Spirits...what Are They?how To Identify Them And Defeat Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 220
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.