Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,328 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:53 AM

Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer (26241 Views)

Music Legend Bongos Who Was Rumoured To Have Dated Former First Lady Clocks 78 / Teni Changes Name To 'Teni Dangote' At A function / Ruth Kadiri Ezerika Is Married. Flaunts Ring, Changes Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by owukpa(m): 3:37pm On Jul 19, 2017
Nigeria’s music legend and Still Searching crooner, Chief Dr. Bongos Ikwue has reportedly embraced Christianity as his religion, and has been commissioned an evangelist.

The Methodist Arch Bishop of Otukpo Diocese, Most Reverend Oliver Proclaimed him an Evangelist and changed his name to Ebenezer at the Norcross Memorial Methodist Church in Otukpo, Benue State.

Bongos, who clocked his 75 year on earth recently made the decision to ‘accept Christ’ at the thanksgiving service put together by his family to celebrate his birthday on Saturday, July 8, 2017.

www.THENIGERIAN.NEWS gathered that the singer who is known for his popular hit song ‘Cock Crow at Dawn’ had in the past said he doesn’t doubt the existence of God but hates religion and will never go to church. His guiding mantra had always been - “The only sin is laziness, the only religion is hard work.”

Narrating the incident, a preacher in Benue State, Pastor Abel Uloko said: “This is the turning Point, 10 days ago, in the company of my beloved wife, we joined hundreds other people to the Thanksgiving Service in honour of Dr. Bongos Ikwue as he turned his heart over to the Lord.

“My joy knew no bounds as The Methodist Arch Bishop of Otukpo Diocese, Most Reverend Oliver proclaimed/ commissioned him as an Evangelist with a new name, Ebenezer.

"Interestingly, when I took to the stage to address the attendees at the reception and recount my 23 year old history and holy adventure with him, he corrected me when I addressed him as Dr. Ebenezer Bongos Ikwue, he charged at me for omitting his Ecclesiastical Title. I had to address him correctly, Evangelist Dr. Ebenezer Bongos Ikwue.

“To God be the Glory forevermore! God is still in the business of changing lives and calling men to Himself. Friends, do not give up on anybody, for me and Bongos, it took 23 years after I preached Jesus to him for him to come to repentance. Just keep Lifting up the name of Jesus and He will draw men unto Himself,” he said.

Meanwhile, fans and friends of the singer have been congratulating him on his recent decision.

SOURCE>>>http://thenigerian.news/entertainment/nigerian-singer-bongos-ikwue-now-evangelist/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Anoruo(m): 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2017
HAPPY BIRTHDAY NWANE. MORE LLNP

6 Likes

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by NwaAmaikpe: 3:55pm On Jul 19, 2017
shocked

After shagging the hell out of Maryam Babangida now he wants to repent.

Once an atheist now a born-again.
I've always known atheists were spiritually confused ignorant.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by anyebedgreat: 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2017
That's serious. I wonder what he wants to evangelize at this age.
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Leonbonapart(m): 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2017
Good for you
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Baroba(m): 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2017
Bongosikwe as my late uncle use to call him, great singer..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by agog: 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
good for him

1 Like

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by otijah(m): 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
Searching for greener pastures. Probably found the most lucrative one

6 Likes

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Oladelson(m): 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
is okay!
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Ugoeze2016: 3:57pm On Jul 19, 2017
Okay good for him

1 Like

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jul 19, 2017
I just played his song today... undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by lonelydora: 3:59pm On Jul 19, 2017
I have been blasting his songs since morning.

IBB you see your life?

7 Likes

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
cheesy

NO MATTER THE RELIGION WE PRACTICE. WE ALL ARE NIGERIANS AND WE ARE HUMANS.

SO LIVE AND LET LIVE.

NOBODY HOLY PASS

#TuBaba

8 Likes

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Husty(m): 4:00pm On Jul 19, 2017
Re-branding leleyi o
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
Oh Mariama never returned. cry cry

Life must be really hard for this donkey below me. Always typing like a frustrated lady. Shame!
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by safarigirl(f): 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
So because he became an Evangelist na wetin make am change name? All these black men and slave mentality....

8 Likes

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by emmalexabl(m): 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
IBB really do this man very strong thingy....

Anyway congrats to you bongos... .
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by david06(m): 4:01pm On Jul 19, 2017
Ok
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Wisdombankxz: 4:02pm On Jul 19, 2017
Ok....Goodluck PA Ebenezer..

Meanwhile I have active 16k followers instagram page for sale.
Call/whatsapp 08084334575 for cool biz.
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2017
Its not bad at all.
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
safarigirl:
So because he became an Evangelist na wetin make am change name? All these black men and slave mentality....
How does it make him a slave?

6 Likes

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by bbbabes(f): 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2017
Am doing same soon
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by HopeAtHand: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

After shagging the hell out of Maryam Babangida now he wants to repent.

Once an atheist now a born-again.
I've always known atheists were spiritually confused ignorant.

He didn't shag the hell out of her. He wished he did. IBB chanced him of his wife. Shame on him. shame on IBB too.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by polite2(m): 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
Okies
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by dakeskese(m): 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
church business as usual...

bonne journee!
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by icon8: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
You were lucky the evil genius (IBB) didn't eliminate you after snatching your bae (Maryam) and unborn child (Mohammed)!

Congrats on seeing "the light".

Like APC, all past sins are forgiven, as old things have passed away and all things have become new.

1 Like

Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Buking1: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
I love that

Get your dream girl or boyfriend here
Or create a chat room for everyone to participate while you become the moderator

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sabichat.app
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by Josefemo(m): 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2017
Good for him
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by touwo: 4:06pm On Jul 19, 2017
Good for him
Re: Bongos Ikwue Now An Evangelist, Changes Name To Ebenezer by oluseyiforjesus(m): 4:08pm On Jul 19, 2017
Good News. Dou I don't knw him

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dakore Akande Shows Off Her Yoga Skills In New Pictures / Wizkid Shows Off His Diamond Rolex Wristwatch / Tiwa Savage Has Two Degrees In Business And Accounts, And Jazz (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.