Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,222 members, 7,836,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Support Rally For Yardua - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Support Rally For Yardua (5848 Views)

Americans, Yoruba In Dallas Rally For Dr Ariyo / Sportsmen & Women Solidarity Rally For President Jonathan (pics) / Osun Governorship: Street Campaign & Rally For Aregbesola (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Support Rally For Yardua by otondo55: 4:09pm On Feb 05, 2010
Rented Crowd, i pity those youth and their organisation

AWAITING TO BE PAID will be their name and their surname

will be SORRY-UNEMPLOYED YOUTH.

Yardool hand over now or,

Re: Support Rally For Yardua by fashooo: 4:16pm On Feb 05, 2010
EMEKA! EMEKA!! EMEKA!!!
How many times did i call you. whenever we call the dead in the popo it is the living that answers.i call your head today oooo
Whatever we tell ogbo is what ogbo must hear, whatever we tell ogba is what ogba must hear, kose kose is that of tilakose, the guild of aye is raining curse on you.if it is tru you did what they said you did,it will not be well with you, and if you did it because you were paid,promiised to be paid,or you did it slo that you may be paid,i comand the vultures to be eating you alive.(iseee!!!!)
Gbam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by dustydee: 4:18pm On Feb 05, 2010
very enterprising youths, creating employment for themselves in the face of massive unemployment
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by Gettolove(m): 4:28pm On Feb 05, 2010
that is why we have constitution, any one is free to exhibit lunacy
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by adigun101: 4:43pm On Feb 05, 2010

Hundreds of youths stormed the National Assembly yesterday in solidarity with ailing President Umaru Yar’Adua who has now been out of Nigeria for 75 days.

I don't see anything wrong with that !
His sin is that he did not hand over to his vice
He hasn't commited any crime for being sick.

Led by Emeka Okoroji, the group went into prayer session for the quick recovery of the president and his return to continue governing the nation.

Okoroji, while addressing the youths, said that the precarious state of polity in Nigeria occasioned by the absence of the president must not be allowed to give way to chaos in line with the scheming of the enemies of democracy.

I personally can't agree more !
Like the rumoured coups, Aandoka and co.

He commended the leadership of the National Assembly for allowing constitutional processes to guide their conduct in addressing the issues being raised by the absence of President Yar’Adua, reiterating confidence that the President would return to Nigeria before long.

A little bit of Blah-Blah-Blah but kini big deal !
Do you wish the guy to die there in saudi ?

The street protest to show solidarity with the ailing president by members of his group, he said was a sacrifice meant to ensure that governance was held together in the absence of the President and for the interest of democracy.
Okoroji stressed that the task of keeping Nigeria together had never been the exclusive preserve of anyone but that of the generality of Nigerians.
Can someone tell me what is freaking wrong with this assertion as well !
I still dont see anything wrong with these statements!

Addressing the rally, one Kolade Akinjo told the National Assembly members to always be no guard in defence of democracy as according to him, Nigeria would outlive the present political crisis and move on to the next phase of democracy amid congenial atmosphere.
“If Mr. President is indisposed and had to leave the country for treatment, the nation owes it a duty to view his case with utmost compassion and sympathy,” [/b]he said before praying for the president’s quick recovery.

Even me I support this one.
And pray for anyone who is ill to get well ASAP.

[b]Sometimes some of you need to stop and read before condeming.

See how an ordinary misplaced headline has made fools out of many of you. undecided
As far as im concerned this is entirely a valid demonstration !
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by akigbemaru: 4:44pm On Feb 05, 2010
Another soji Nigerian trying to make some few bucks. I promise the whole Nigeria this one, Yar' dua has been a dead person since he was flew out of Nigeria. It has never worked in most advanced countries, I want to see how it will work in Saudi Arabia. Anytime or any moment they dare to remove his Oxygen-breathing machine, he would be gone for good. Anybody can bet his or her on this one. So, therefore, Mr. Goodluck will be unprecedented be our next president!!
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by Nobody: 4:52pm On Feb 05, 2010
on a lighter note - u sure say this emeka okoroji is not our very own aloy-emeka cheesy
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by sjeezy8: 4:57pm On Feb 05, 2010
Nigerian are the biggest hypocrites and have no shame at all.
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by Nobody: 5:03pm On Feb 05, 2010
duduspace:

So you remember "Vakama" as he was called those days in Great Ife? he is a political jobber and his actions shouldn't surprise anyone. The less of such "Youths" we have in Nigeria, the better. He even conned the so called spirit filled Christian community into voting him in as Student Union president then.
Bros, so you go Ife?
Na wah oh,and we don stroke each otehr tire for sports section. grin
Vakama is everything politics is NOT about.
A political failure in Ife,now masquerading as a pro-YarAdua opportunist.
adigun101:

I don't see anything wrong with that !
His sin is that he did not [b]hand over to his vice[/b]
He hasn't commited any crime for being sick.

I personally can't agree more !
Like the rumoured coups, Aandoka and co.

A little bit of Blah-Blah-Blah but kini big deal !
Do you wish the guy to die there in saudi ?
Can someone tell me what is freaking wrong with this assertion as well !
I still dont see anything wrong with these statements!

Even me I support this one.
And pray for anyone who is ill to get well ASAP.

Sometimes some of you need to stop and read before condeming.
See how an ordinary misplaced headline has made fools out of many of you. undecided
As far as im concerned this is entirely a valid demonstration !

Bros we beg to differ.
Stop bringing unnecessary sentiments to this issue.if a president fails to handover power while going on a sick leave and people like you or the hired crowd can find reason to defend something as glaring as the emboldened,then this country has no future.
We know the antecedents of the organisers of the "protest".We can't be fooled any further.
How we descended into this Hobesian state is in part due to people like you who cannot see truth and defend it.For all we care,Yar Adua being sick is not the issue.The issue is the due process which the said Yar adua has been lip-servicing  from day one as president  is not being followed,to the ridiculous extent of
a)nigerians not knowing the whereabouts of their president
b)a leadership vacuum being created as a result of the said "medical treatment " which by the way has spiralled to close to 80 days.
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by iz2much: 5:04pm On Feb 05, 2010
u mean paid youths
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by samcc30(m): 5:15pm On Feb 05, 2010
you now tell me how igbo going to become nigeria president or get the freedom they have been fighting for years back,
inamdi azikwe also betray ojukwu in biafra war by supporting north.
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by sizzlers(m): 5:16pm On Feb 05, 2010
yea, let them rally round  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by Donmeca(m): 5:18pm On Feb 05, 2010
@Topic: My fiful ov Nigeria! Na so we go dey dey? Na so we go dey carry awa mouth put inside sontin wen no mata at all?
Who has ever heard d name, Emeka Okoroji as a youth, NANS, or SUG  leader? So who is Emeka Okoroji? Was that association registered and when? How many youths did he lead on the rally? Do they rep Naija youths (u and me)?I think Nigeria, with its  backwardness, has got a bit of digitalisation. We shd atleast think like living things. Mr. Emeka Okoroji, if that name exists, is a faceless fool who only wants to come and feel d 3 arms zone in Abuja. Don't be surprised he is a stranded victim of the Jos mayhem.

@Poster: Pls grow up and quit inciting people against ethnic groups. Wake ur dull brain up sharp! sharp!!
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by odedele: 5:21pm On Feb 05, 2010
commercial  crowd
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by theviper1: 5:27pm On Feb 05, 2010
what can we say peeps.our own emeka is with a well known political jobbler.so lets throw the trash about tribe into the gutter that it deserves and talk about money being behind their actions cos everybody loves the BENJAMINS? whether it comes from from abacha or yardua,cash na cash.
but then they should stop pulling the name of the already suffering nigerian youths into this whole mess.
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by asoderock(m): 5:30pm On Feb 05, 2010
That what you have when there is army of youths who are unemployed. That is exactly what Nigerian government is all about- frustrate a people to the extent that they cannot stand up to defend their rights. Can a hungry man defend his rights?
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by presido1: 5:38pm On Feb 05, 2010
How come no picture of the rally or are the pictures being processed as in the days of washing and developing pictures.
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by marocguy(m): 5:46pm On Feb 05, 2010
D guy's a punk. He's an idiot 4 dat.
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by newmaster(m): 5:54pm On Feb 05, 2010
here is pro - yaradua's pic, for those dat want to see their pic

Re: Support Rally For Yardua by adigun101: 5:55pm On Feb 05, 2010
Eastbay:

Bros, so you go Ife?
Bros we beg to differ.
Stop bringing unnecessary sentiments to this issue.if a president fails to handover power while going on a sick leave and people like you or the hired crowd can find reason to defend something as glaring as the emboldened,then this country has no future.
We know the antecedents of the organisers of the "protest".We can't be fooled any further.
How we descended into this Hobesian state is in part due to people like you who cannot see truth and defend it.For all we care,Yar Adua being sick is not the issue.The issue is the due process which the said Yar adua has been lip-servicing  from day one as president  is not being followed,to the ridiculous extent of
a)nigerians not knowing the whereabouts of their president
b)a leadership vacuum being created as a result of the said "medical treatment " which by the way has spiralled to close to 80 days.

The protesters never said they were in support of yar' aduas actions.
They only said that they wish him a speedy recovery.
And that the everyone should join hands to ensure that the situation is resolved constitutionally.
They never said that power should't be handed over to  the VP either.

Please READ the Original Post (without bias) and come back with statements you can credit to the demonstrators that are out of line.
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by tunde300us(m): 5:59pm On Feb 05, 2010
Vakama again ! Dat idiot was in ife when the former president visited the institution and every1 didnt knwo the guy was already scheming to become a political tool to be used against the supposed youth he claimed to be representing. He was made a special assistant to the president on youth and am sure the place was uicy thats why he is looking to go back,and which other avenue than a rally organised by fools for fools.Am sure only NTA will carry the news.
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by justfash50: 6:01pm On Feb 05, 2010
@all

Thank GOD he is not an Hausa man or a muslim, it would have been a different comment here and NORTHERN AGENDA Conspiracy.
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by Nezan(m): 6:10pm On Feb 05, 2010
What men do for money undecided
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by Machine007: 6:12pm On Feb 05, 2010
if i am his father, i will immediately disown him. his is nothing but a coward. milksop.
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by monkeyleg: 6:17pm On Feb 05, 2010
if true, these are just hungry dead-enders, and they should be ignored
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by Machine007: 6:17pm On Feb 05, 2010
i remember when Abacha died, the same youth that earnestly ask for him becoming the president celebrated his death.

Just a pity the same people(EMEKA n co) will celebrate Umaru's death.

Shame to emeka n co.
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by Gettolove(m): 6:27pm On Feb 05, 2010
@ all

I dont know y this post has attracted so much comments, someone has a contrary opinion to what majority beleive is right. Buy thank JAH the constitution was written by SANE people.

What is the different btw leader of the gruop and majority of our politicians fail to follow the constitution even when it has provision for the non issue that has been made a serious one becos of some selfish few who beleive power is their birth right
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by PastorOla1: 6:29pm On Feb 05, 2010
Somebody pay his price.
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by oge4real(f): 6:42pm On Feb 05, 2010
Unbelievable! But then, what do you expect unemployed vibrant youths to do?
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by MrCartha: 6:48pm On Feb 05, 2010
Sick Nigeria President Yar'Adua 'to hand over power'

President Umaru Yar'Adua has both heart and kidney problems
Nigeria's ailing President Umaru Yar'Adua will write a letter handing power over to his vice-president, his adviser has told the BBC.

The letter, formally informing the Senate that Mr Yar'Adua is on "medical vacation", automatically means his deputy becomes acting president.

The president's allies have previously resisted calls for him to step aside.

He has been in a hospital in Saudi Arabia since November, prompting fears of a power vacuum and street protests.

The president is suffering from an inflammation of the lining around the heart and has long suffered from kidney problems.

Nigeria's powerful state governors have said they believe Vice-President Goodluck Jonathan should be acting president.

The BBC's Caroline Duffield in Lagos says Nigeria's political struggle over the president's fitness to rule may be nearing an endgame.

The president's special adviser on legislative affairs, Abba Aji, did not say when Mr Yar'Adua would write the letter but he said there would be no "undue delay".

For weeks, Nigeria has been beset with rumours and hoaxes over whether the president is alive or dead, our correspondent says.

His failure to transfer powers to his deputy before he left created a power vacuum - in which fear and false reports flourished, she says.

Newspapers said the president was brain dead - or struck dumb.

There were apparently official statements claiming the president was discharged from hospital. They later turned out not to be true.

Political tensions have been high - government business has stalled and legislation been frozen and cracks have appeared in the uneasy peace in the oil-producing Niger Delta.

Re: Support Rally For Yardua by loma(m): 6:52pm On Feb 05, 2010
Vakama again? I fear for the future of this country
Re: Support Rally For Yardua by Keegan: 7:52pm On Feb 05, 2010
The way we address issues in this country always baffles me, it has already been said that what take a bad leader to mislead his followers is for the majority that claim to be knowledgeable not to act.

In view of this, instead of us bashing Okoroji & co, we should also strategies and motivate youths of like minds to demonstrate against this, personally I think they have the right to demonstrate for whatever they believe, calling them names and insulting one another on NL will result to nothing. We need to act and act accordingly if we truly believe to rescue the nation.

Stop all these blaring around, let ACT, and ACT NOW before its too late.

REMEMBER THE FUTURE OF ANY NATION DEPENDS UPON ITS YOUTH, PLEASE BROTHERS AND SISTERS LET'S DELIBRATE OVER THIS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Students Devise New Education System For Nigeria / PDP Officially Bars Sylva From Running As Bayelsa Governor - SaharaReporters / Gej On How Nigerians Should Be Treated By The International Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.