Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

How Do One Get Over The Loss Of A Loved One? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do One Get Over The Loss Of A Loved One? (810 Views)

Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had / I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do One Get Over The Loss Of A Loved One? by chrisagabs(f): 11:26am On Feb 05, 2010
Its almost a year i lost my elder sis and its been very difficult to get over it.I tried so hard to encourage myself but i am finding ti very difficult to let go.I feel very bad about it.I lost my mum too about three years ago, and its very difficult to forget.I am presently working and living in anb apartment all by myself.When this feeling comes up, i cry so much all alone in my apartment,somtimes i need someone to talk to but i see around me is emptiness no one to talk to.I have talked to God about it and i just want to be free from this pain.What do u advice or think?
Re: How Do One Get Over The Loss Of A Loved One? by Dabbs: 10:09am On May 16, 2010
Hi ! Sis! this na everlasting pain a human always suffers on lovely one, especially one of parents. If one says U can give up crying, it's a lie because any time you reach a stage or remember any of their actions ever done together, you'll pale up and cry. Only this can reduce if you are blessed with a destined lovely one. May God bless you with a destined lover and give you fortitude to bear the groan of the loss.

1 Like

Re: How Do One Get Over The Loss Of A Loved One? by Outstrip(f): 2:32am On May 17, 2010
They say time will heal all wounds. Was your sister your only sibling? Try to reduce the amount of time you spend alone. Don't go looking for a lover to end your pain. It will not help. Get involved in things. Feel your free time with activities preferably outside the home. When you love someone it is almost impossible to forget them when they walk away not to talk of one dying. I know it is hard but you need to work harder on not dwelling on the painful part of it. I hope I have helped you in some way. If you want someone to talk to then I can send you my yahoo ID so we can chat.
Re: How Do One Get Over The Loss Of A Loved One? by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 17, 2010
@ Poster, I lost my mum too last year. Its difficult to get over coz everytime you think of them you will always feel the pain. Try to keep yourself busy with anything that you are interested with, go out with friends, go around, go for shopping, and go to gym at night which I find it effective coz it makes me sleep easily, it prevents me from thinking and being lonely. Though easy to say, but we have to move on, life is too short and try to make yourself happy. smiley
Re: How Do One Get Over The Loss Of A Loved One? by djcrucifix(m): 5:47pm On May 17, 2010
awww! i'm soo sowi, i don't even know wat to say, jus know that er'thing will be allright, keep believing and stay positive, it is well. pele dear
Re: How Do One Get Over The Loss Of A Loved One? by teenluv(f): 4:57pm On May 21, 2010
I have once be a victim too. I lost someone who so dear to my heart wen i was just 10 years and now am a grown up girl which the memory still remains. Just take heart dear.
Re: How Do One Get Over The Loss Of A Loved One? by luap: 7:08pm On May 21, 2010
I cry for the same reasons from time to time.  Missing family is hard.  I just let myself cry.  Someone told me that tears heal wounds.  I think it is a way of the body releasing pain or tell you something is wrong.

I got in trouble with all the pain.  It was so great that it broke my mind.  My body began to deteriate so I checked myself into counseling to get help; I knew I was in trouble.  After all of it and a few years, I am a completely new person and for the better.

If you are overwhelmed and can not get access to help, I would suggest to get some guidance.  Maybe you can join a church or somethignsomethinge usually good at things like this.

Be careful that depression does not overtake you. It is a serious illness.  Be on the side of happiness, and take responsibility for you happiness.

(1) (Reply)

Adam and the average man / Is There Hope For The Baren (childless Homes)? / Uncle Bens Rice For Family And Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.