Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,299 members, 7,819,012 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

How Do One Get Over The Loss Of A Loved One? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do One Get Over The Loss Of A Loved One? (694 Views)

Favourite Memory Of A Lost Loved One / Most Painful Death Of A Loved One You Had / I Need Tips On How To Cope With The Loss Of An Entire Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do One Get Over The Loss Of A Loved One? by chrisagabs(f): 11:30am On Feb 05, 2010
Its almost a year i lost my elder sis and its been very difficult to get over it.I tried so hard to encourage myself but i am finding ti very difficult to let go.I feel very bad about it.I lost my mum too about three years ago, and its very difficult to forget.I am presently working and living in anb apartment all by myself.When this feeling comes up, i cry so much all alone in my apartment,sometimes i need someone to talk to but i see around me is emptiness no one to talk to.I have talked to God about it and i just want to be free from this pain.What do u advice or think?
Re: How Do One Get Over The Loss Of A Loved One? by Godalone(m): 12:12pm On Feb 05, 2010
sorry sister,i think you need a man.
Re: How Do One Get Over The Loss Of A Loved One? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 05, 2010
i am sorry to hear your story but you have to get this pain out of your chest.
crying is good as it helps in dealing with the loss and your emotions but you also need to get out and meet people.
caring people, people who know you and cherish you so that you can open up and let them know how you feel and how they can help you deal with it. keeping this grief bottled up inside you is not the way to go.

you also have to focus on positive things in your life, if the only things you do or that is around you is negative then your spirit could never be lifted. whatever it is, find something that you like or that can bring a smile on your face and immerse yourself into it a few time a week if possible.

different people deal with this kind of loss in different ways. the catch is not to forget about the person who passed away but to accept that they are gone and that you are still here therefore life should go on(as harsh as it might be)
Re: How Do One Get Over The Loss Of A Loved One? by opokonwa(m): 2:31pm On Feb 05, 2010
@poster
Do you have a boyfriend (or even a girlfriend) 'cause you seem lonely to me. Believe me, you need to spend more time wth people.
You seem to take life too seriously. Life and Death are norms of LIFE itself.
What'bout the dude who lost all members of his family in a car crash in one day?
Socialize more with living people, you will find a new meaning to Life and Living.

(1) (Reply)

Debt Burden / Can Your Only Son Be A Celibate? / 14,400 Years' Jail For Raping Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.