Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes (5393 Views)

Daddy Freeze: 'I Was Still Paying Tithes While I Was Preaching Against It' / "Winners Chapel Would Soon Be Paying Tithes Of Trillions" - Bishop Oyedepo / Church Members Paying Tithes With POS Inside Church (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by Goodlyhrt(m): 11:32pm On Jul 19, 2017
Brothers and Sisters the story of my life since I stopped paying my tithes since December of 2014 has been one of disapointment, constant job loss, hardluck, improvishness and want.

This is no joke o I've ignorantly suffered depression even close to ending my life cos of this issue even close to abandoning my faith cos I ve prayed and prayed and I feared God has abandoned me. Bad news here and there I stopped going to church long time ago and for three years now things has been so bad for me.

I was having discussions with my mum this night on this issue of fruitlessness then she asked me 'when last did you pay your tithe?' and that was my turning point, I broke down in thoughts and I've now found out that I've been my own stumbling block all these years, just this nite.

Oh! How many years I've wasted cos of disobidience, negligence to obey Gods instruction and sin.

My mum told me that its remedy is to start paying my tithe asap and I've made this decision even though I earn peanuts buh I wil endeavour to pay my tithes regurlarly
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 19, 2017
I don't pay tithe but God has been faithful to me.

Just worship him in truth and in spirit.
Anyway am a student, the church can't expect tithe from me now.

3 Likes

Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by obinna58(m): 12:07am On Jul 20, 2017
Religionists and their madness grin
Things are hard for u cos u failed to give those scammers ur hard earned money for fooling u

9 Likes

Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by lepasharon(f): 12:28am On Jul 20, 2017
Goodlyhrt:
[s]Brothers and Sisters the story of my life since I stopped paying my tithes since December of 2014 has been one of disapointment, constant job loss, hardluck, improvishness and want.

This is no joke o I've ignorantly suffered depression even close to ending my life cos of this issue even close to abandoning my faith cos I ve prayed and prayed and I feared God has abandoned me. Bad news here and there I stopped going to church long time ago and for three years now things has been so bad for me.

I was having discussions with my mum this night on this issue of fruitlessness then she asked me 'when last did you pay your tithe?' and that was my turning point, I broke down in thoughts and I've now found out that I've been my own stumbling block all these years, just this nite.

Oh! How many years I've wasted cos of disobidience, negligence to obey Gods instruction and sin.

My mum told me that its remedy is to start paying my tithe asap and I've made this decision even though I earn peanuts buh I wil endeavour to pay my tithes regurlarly[/s]

6 Likes

Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by lepasharon(f): 12:29am On Jul 20, 2017
obinna58:
Religionists and their madness grin
Things are hard for u cos u failed to give those scammers ur hard earned money for fooling u

look at this grin

5 Likes

Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by yomi007k(m): 12:57am On Jul 20, 2017
undecided

Then go n pay ur tithes, y u come dey tell us?
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by obinna58(m): 1:24am On Jul 20, 2017
lepasharon:

look at this grin
grin Jesus of our time grin
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by lepasharon(f): 1:59am On Jul 20, 2017
obinna58:
grin Jesus of our time grin

Who knew he was butt ugly?
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by openmine(m): 4:36am On Jul 20, 2017
Goodlyhrt:
Brothers and Sisters the story of my life since I stopped paying my tithes since December of 2014 has been one of disapointment, constant job loss, hardluck, improvishness and want.

My mum told me that its remedy is to start paying my tithe asap and I've made this decision even though I earn peanuts buh I wil endeavour to pay my tithes regurlarly
The problem you had then was that U stopped tithing without any reason whatsoever....hence when you saw disappointments,U and others thought it was as a result of not tithing...
Whatever you do,please have a conviction of it....
There are people who dont tithe and yet have no such disappointments like U did...
its all about what you believe in...

Romans 14:5
5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind.
In other words,what you believe becomes your reality!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by Goodlyhrt(m): 6:45am On Jul 20, 2017
Rorachy:
I don't pay tithe but God has been faithful to me.

Just worship him in truth and in spirit.

Anyway am a student, the church can't expect tithe from me now.
Swerve jor
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by paxonel(m): 7:03am On Jul 20, 2017
Goodlyhrt:

You had all those misfortune not because you stopped paying tithe but because you stopped going to church for a long time.
When you put yourself in a situation were most people you interact with are your church members, the day you stop going to church you will loose those interactions, and whatever help you have been benefiting from such interactions will all fade away, then you start suffering thinking that you are suffering because you stopped paying tithe
Or sometimes, you stop paying tithe, church members will notice and they will stop being your friend especially those that are paying

1 Like

Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by Wilgrea7(m): 7:23am On Jul 20, 2017
Goodlyhrt:
this is why non-Christians mock Christians.. you paint the picture of a God who needs or even wants processed paper and will punish you for not giving it to him.. that is a bloody lie.. you are in Nigeria 2017 not Israel 1500bc... you want to be successful, then work hard.. life has its ups and downs.. there will be good and bad days.. you complained of constant job loss.. did you care to ask the employer why he fired you? you might have been getting fired for the same or similar reasons simply because you didn't check yourself.. rather you blamed it on tithes.. if you don't want to lack, it takes a hell lot more than giving 10% to your pastor or just shouting amen at the top of your voice.. success knows no religion.. it only knows hardwork
there are successful people who have never stepped a foot inside any church.. if you're going to church because you want to serve God, then go to church.. if you're going to church because you want to be successful, then go elsewhere.. don't blame lack of success on your inability to go to church
tithe isn't your stumbling block.. don't use it as an easy way out.. God isn't concerned with processed paper...

payment of tithes do not bring millions.. hardwork does.. there are tons of people who pay tithes and are still broke.. my pastor back in the days said anytime he pays tithes things are easier and money is plenty.. he is still the same person that comes out for “anointing to make wealth".. many teachers taught us about tithes back then... they didn't seem to be living in affluence.. or is it that paying tithes will help you live hand to mouth more comfortably? if you want to succeed.. you need to work hard.. tithe isn't a shortcut

6 Likes

Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by raphieMontella: 11:32am On Jul 20, 2017
I seriously pity Christians...
Religion is big business tho.
Soft cash!

Wilgrea7 Abeg, send me a well refined link or your thread on annihilation...
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by Wilgrea7(m): 11:42am On Jul 20, 2017
raphieMontella:
I seriously pity Christians...
Religion is big business tho.
Soft cash!

Wilgrea7 Abeg, send me a well refined link or your thread on annihilation...

this is the thread on annihilation
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by Martinez19(m): 12:10pm On Jul 20, 2017
SMH

Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by Martinez19(m): 12:13pm On Jul 20, 2017
lepasharon:

look at this grin
what sort of christian stupidity is this?

2 Likes

Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by Challspace(m): 4:17pm On Jul 20, 2017
lepasharon:

look at this grin

grin I don die!!

2 Likes

Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by Challspace(m): 4:21pm On Jul 20, 2017
Wilgrea7:

this is why non-Christians mock Christians.. you paint the picture of a God who needs or even wants processed paper and will punish you for not giving it to him.. that is a bloody lie.. you are in Nigeria 2017 not Israel 1500bc... you want to be successful, then work hard.. life has its ups and downs.. there will be good and bad days.. you complained of constant job loss.. did you care to ask the employer why he fired you? you might have been getting fired for the same or similar reasons simply because you didn't check yourself.. rather you blamed it on tithes.. if you don't want to lack, it takes a hell lot more than giving 10% to your pastor or just shouting amen at the top of your voice.. success knows no religion.. it only knows hardwork

there are successful people who have never stepped a foot inside any church.. if you're going to church because you want to serve God, then go to church.. if you're going to church because you want to be successful, then go elsewhere.. don't blame lack of success on your inability to go to church

tithe isn't your stumbling block.. don't use it as an easy way out.. God isn't concerned with processed paper...

payment of tithes do not bring millions.. hardwork does.. there are tons of people who pay tithes and are still broke.. my pastor back in the days said anytime he pays tithes things are easier and money is plenty.. he is still the same person that comes out for “anointing to make wealth".. many teachers taught us about tithes back then... they didn't seem to be living in affluence.. or is it that paying tithes will help you live hand to mouth more comfortably? if you want to succeed.. you need to work hard.. tithe isn't a shortcut

Couldn't have put it better. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by NoWorries7(m): 5:57pm On Jul 20, 2017
Tithe is overrated... Just give to the helpless...

Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Matthew:25:37-40

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by lelvin(m): 6:08pm On Jul 20, 2017
You have to work harder bro, nothing can save you. Give to the poor and needy. The government cannot save you, neither can religion.

1 Like

Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by OtemAtum: 6:19pm On Jul 20, 2017
lepasharon:

look at this grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by OtemAtum: 6:22pm On Jul 20, 2017
Keep hustling, you will get there someday. When I stopped paying my own tithes to the thieves called pastors, that was when way opened for me. However, paying tithe or not paying it doesn't affect one's progress on earth, except that a poor tither will be poorer if he didn't get a good job.
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by oaroloye(m): 6:59pm On Jul 20, 2017
SHALOM!

Goodlyhrt:

PAYING TITHES WILL NOT DO DICK, UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

You need to know WHY you are Payig Tithes, and what Paying your Tithes DOES.
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by kolin4ril99(m): 9:27pm On Jul 20, 2017
Goodlyhrt:

Thank God u have realized ur mistakes .
I once made this mistake ,I didn't pay my tithe for two month , I realized my salary is no longer enough despite my earnings , I had to borrow to meet my needs ; then I had a deep thought of what has gone wrong, It was because I didn't pay my tithes .
I corrected it, and everything returned to normal .
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by Robynwelo1(f): 9:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
kolin4ril99:

I once made this mistake ,I didn't pay my tithe for two month , I realized my salary is no longer enough despite my earnings , I had to borrow to meet my needs ; then I had a deep thought of what has gone wrong, It was because I didn't pay my tithes .

grin
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by Robynwelo1(f): 9:43pm On Jul 20, 2017
kolin4ril99:

God is the new MMM. Ph just 10% get 100% after one month. Glory to the most high.
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by HiddenManna(m): 10:28pm On Jul 20, 2017
Goodlyhrt:

Apart from your physical challenges, there's more than less...

The reward* for disobedience is: is eternity in hell

Moroever, God referred & regarded those people as thieves according to Malachi3:6-12;

Breaking Covenant by Withholding Tithes

“I the LORD do not change. So you, the descendants
of Jacob, are not destroyed. Ever since the time of
your ancestors you have turned away from my decrees
and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return
to you,” says the LORD Almighty.
“But you ask, ‘How are we to return?’
“Will a mere mortal rob God? Yet you rob me.
“But you ask, ‘How are we robbing you?’
“In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse—your
whole nation—because you are robbing me. Bring
the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be
food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD
Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the
floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing
that there will not be room enough to store it. I will
prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines
in your fields will not drop their fruit before it is ripe,”
says the LORD Almighty. “Then all the nations will
call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land,” says
the LORD Almighty.

Therefore, I will and advice you to adhere and comply with the word of God because HE never jokes with his words or should his words be derided. But thank God you finally are aware of your mistake.

Thanks...
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by HiddenManna(m): 10:35pm On Jul 20, 2017
OtemAtum:
Keep hustling, you will get there someday. When I stopped paying my own tithes to the thieves called pastors, that was when way opened for me. However, paying tithe or not paying it doesn't affect one's progress on earth, except that a poor tither will be poorer if he didn't get a good job.

OtemAtum, eh! E be like say you don repent! undecided thank God yo grin
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by OtemAtum: 11:01pm On Jul 20, 2017
HiddenManna:

OtemAtum, eh! E be like say you don repent! undecided thank God yo grin
repent of what?
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by HiddenManna(m): 11:16pm On Jul 20, 2017
OtemAtum:
repent of what?
lipsrsealed
Your response is not needed again*
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by OtemAtum: 11:23pm On Jul 20, 2017
HiddenManna:
lipsrsealed

Your response is not needed again*
why?
Re: The Side Effects Of Not Paying Tithes by HiddenManna(m): 11:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
OtemAtum:
why?

Error 404

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There A Spiritual Side To Sex? / Why Do The Roman Catholic Add More Books To The Bible? / PAULGRUNDY 'nairaland Impersonator' Is Yooguyz And Not Jwfacts Paulgrundy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.