Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,236 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Would U Wait For Your Older Siblings To Get Married B4 U Even If U're Ready? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would U Wait For Your Older Siblings To Get Married B4 U Even If U're Ready? (667 Views)

WARNING! Don't Read This If U're Below 20; 6 Things A Woman Wants In Bed / Dear Men, Don't Propose To A Woman In Public If U're Not Sure She Loves U. PIC!! / Can U Date Your Older Sister's Friend Ex Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would U Wait For Your Older Siblings To Get Married B4 U Even If U're Ready? by deluxecad(m): 12:25pm On Feb 05, 2010
This issue I've heard from a good number of guys and ladies that their family policy doesn't permit them to get married until their older siblings have done so. These people are ready emotionally, financially and otherwise. Would you bend for such a policy with your degree of enlightenment and knowledge? Would you do it just not to work up the nerves of your parents that set the policy? I wouldn't.
Re: Would U Wait For Your Older Siblings To Get Married B4 U Even If U're Ready? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 05, 2010
thank god my family dont have such rules and that i dont value marriage that much.

if a person believes that they are ready and found that special person to get married with then they shouldnt waste anytime.
if anyones older sibling hasnt got the same luck, thats their problems and the younger sibling shouldnt suffer for that fact.

this is why there are so many people in 9ja marrying anybody just to ease their parents. its called PEER PRESSURE.
can you imagine how that first born must feel if they havent a mate in sight and all his/her siblings are ready to say the big "i do"?
there are too many people out there who:
1) marry the RIGHT person for the WRONG reason
2) marry the WRONG person for the RIGHT reason

WRONG reason to get married with someone:
- FOR MONEY
- because of peer pressure (family, friends, life etc)
- because you want to be independent
- because he s.h.a.g.s you good OR knocked you up
- because everybody else thinks he is the right guy but you
- because of body clock
- because you want to start a family
- because HE/SHE loves you
- because you want get away from 9ja or want to stay in diaspora.
and the list goes on. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Re: Would U Wait For Your Older Siblings To Get Married B4 U Even If U're Ready? by opokonwa(m): 1:45pm On Feb 05, 2010
Different strokes for different folks
Re: Would U Wait For Your Older Siblings To Get Married B4 U Even If U're Ready? by deluxecad(m): 3:26pm On Feb 05, 2010
It was a hot issue in one particular occasion. D lady has seen who to marry but d elder sister hadn't anyone at d time, d parents pended d whole wedding plans. Sucks!
Re: Would U Wait For Your Older Siblings To Get Married B4 U Even If U're Ready? by deluxecad(m): 3:30pm On Feb 05, 2010
D girl had to elope with d guy leavin no trails behind.
Re: Would U Wait For Your Older Siblings To Get Married B4 U Even If U're Ready? by Godmother(f): 3:37pm On Feb 05, 2010
Smart girl
Re: Would U Wait For Your Older Siblings To Get Married B4 U Even If U're Ready? by deluxecad(m): 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2010
Smart? Without parental blessings?
Re: Would U Wait For Your Older Siblings To Get Married B4 U Even If U're Ready? by mamagee3(f): 6:28pm On Feb 05, 2010
No, why should I wait for them, our lives are different, so it makes no sense.
Re: Would U Wait For Your Older Siblings To Get Married B4 U Even If U're Ready? by chidipupay(m): 6:33pm On Feb 05, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

thank god my family dont have such rules and that i dont value marriage that much.

if a person believes that they are ready and found that special person to get married with then they shouldnt waste anytime.
if anyones older sibling hasnt got the same luck, thats their problems and the younger sibling shouldnt suffer for that fact.

this is why there are so many people in 9ja marrying anybody just to ease their parents. its called PEER PRESSURE.
can you imagine how that first born must feel if they havent a mate in sight and all his/her siblings are ready to say the big "i do"?
there are too many people out there who:
1) marry the RIGHT person for the WRONG reason
2) marry the WRONG person for the RIGHT reason

WRONG reason to get married with someone:
- FOR MONEY
- because of peer pressure (family, friends, life etc)
- because you want to be independent
- because he s.h.a.g.s you good OR knocked you up
- because everybody else thinks he is the right guy but you
- because of body clock
- because you want to start a family
- because HE/SHE loves you
- because you want get away from 9ja or want to stay in diaspora.
and the list goes on. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

He has said it all
Re: Would U Wait For Your Older Siblings To Get Married B4 U Even If U're Ready? by googles: 7:09pm On Feb 05, 2010
[size=13pt]nope[/size]
Re: Would U Wait For Your Older Siblings To Get Married B4 U Even If U're Ready? by havilla(f): 6:55pm On Feb 06, 2010
your destinies are not the same, besides who said they would wait for u if they were in your shoes. better take your man to the alter and live your life.
Re: Would U Wait For Your Older Siblings To Get Married B4 U Even If U're Ready? by deluxecad(m): 11:03pm On Feb 07, 2010
@Googles: me neither.

(1) (Reply)

Where Will You Spend Your Valentine / Why Do Relationship Fail / True Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.