Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Turkish Girl, 16, 'buried Alive By Her Father Because She Had Friendships With B - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Turkish Girl, 16, 'buried Alive By Her Father Because She Had Friendships With B (1201 Views)

Two Families Battle Over Paternity Of Girl, 16 / A Young Girl, 5, Wanders From Mushin To INEC Office Yaba Says Her Father Is Dead / Real Friends Or Disguised Foes? Re-evaluating Your Friendships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turkish Girl, 16, 'buried Alive By Her Father Because She Had Friendships With B by july123(m): 2:02pm On Feb 05, 2010
A 16-year-old Turkish girl was buried alive under a chicken coop by relatives because she talked to boys.

The body of Medine Memi was found in a sitting position with her hands tied in a 6ft hole dug in the courtyard of her family's home in Kahta, south-eastern Turkey, 40 days after she had been reported missing. The hole had been cemented over.

The teenager had a large amount of soil in her lungs and stomach - showing she suffered a slow and agonising death.

'The autopsy result is blood-curdling. According to our findings, the girl – who had no bruises on her body and no sign of narcotics or poison in her blood – was alive and fully conscious when she was buried,' said a forensics expert.
Enlarge   medine memi

A man, believed to be Medine's father, is led out of a police station by officers in Adiyaman, south-eastern Turkey
Medine Memi

This is the hole, under a chicken coop, in which Medine was buried alive by relatives. It is positioned in the courtyard next to the family home

Suspicion that her death had been especially brutal led to the commissioning of a report by university scientists after the original post-mortem examination.

Medine Meme's father and grandfather have now been arrested and jailed awaiting trial. The girl's mother was arrested, but later released.

It has emerged that the girl had made a complaint to police about her grandfather two months before she went missing, saying that he beat her because she talked to boys.

In addition her father Ayhan is said to have told relatives that he was unhappy that his daughter - one of nine children - had male friends.

Police made the grisly discovery in December following a tip-off from an informant.

After Medine's body was found in December, her mother Immihan said: 'She tried to take refuge at the police station three times, and she was sent home three times.'
Enlarge   turkey

The case has caused outrage in Turkey and reopened the debate over so-called honour killings which are particularly prevalent in the predominantly Kurdish south-east of the country.

Such killings are usually decided by a council of relatives which consist of the elders of the family.

Official figures state there are more than 200 such killings a year, around half of all murders in Turkey.

One commentator wrote on the website of a religious TV station: 'The punishment for whosoever should kill with intent is the hell where he will languish forever. Allah has cursed him and prepared great pain for him

'You named your daughter after the holy city of Medina but your mind is left over from the earlier Age of Ignorance.
Re: Turkish Girl, 16, 'buried Alive By Her Father Because She Had Friendships With B by snowdrops(m): 3:29pm On Feb 05, 2010
Barbarism in the cruelest form
Re: Turkish Girl, 16, 'buried Alive By Her Father Because She Had Friendships With B by DeepSoul(f): 4:11pm On Feb 05, 2010
Na wa. These muslims sef. I hope there's a special hell awaiting them
Re: Turkish Girl, 16, 'buried Alive By Her Father Because She Had Friendships With B by Nobody: 5:35pm On Feb 05, 2010
well,
Re: Turkish Girl, 16, 'buried Alive By Her Father Because She Had Friendships With B by Tsiya(m): 9:32pm On Feb 05, 2010
Deep Soul:

This has nothing to do with their Islamic belief. Rather it is just part of their culture, predominantly Asian Culture.
Re: Turkish Girl, 16, 'buried Alive By Her Father Because She Had Friendships With B by Cyberfreak(f): 8:04pm On Feb 07, 2010
Didn't you read the last part of the post about what the commenter said on TV?
@OP,
Abeg paste link jor. Which kain sourceless post be this?
Re: Turkish Girl, 16, 'buried Alive By Her Father Because She Had Friendships With B by DeepSoul(f): 9:43pm On Feb 07, 2010
Tsiya:

This has nothing to do with their Islamic belief. Rather it is just part of their culture, predominantly Asian Culture.

Noted.

Cyberfreak:

Didn't you read the last part of the post about what the commenter said on TV?

I wish I had something appropriate to reply your uncouth response  lipsrsealed
Re: Turkish Girl, 16, 'buried Alive By Her Father Because She Had Friendships With B by Sissy3(f): 9:48pm On Feb 07, 2010
i weep everyday for women and girls in this part of world.
i weep for their suppression and maltreatment
God why?
Re: Turkish Girl, 16, 'buried Alive By Her Father Because She Had Friendships With B by MrCrackles(m): 9:51pm On Feb 07, 2010
Deep Soul:

Shut your mouth down, you ignorant raaaasclaat!!!
You guys should get some education and stop fanning religious wars here and there. . .
Re: Turkish Girl, 16, 'buried Alive By Her Father Because She Had Friendships With B by mamagee3(f): 10:57pm On Feb 07, 2010
This is ridiculous!!!
Another muslim again?, may her soul rest in peace and may her father see no peace. sad
Re: Turkish Girl, 16, 'buried Alive By Her Father Because She Had Friendships With B by Cyberfreak(f): 9:33am On Feb 08, 2010
@Deep Soul,
which part of my comment is uncouth? Didn't you read it properly?
Re: Turkish Girl, 16, 'buried Alive By Her Father Because She Had Friendships With B by agathamari(f): 11:40am On Feb 10, 2010
tell me how did this "honor killing" bring honor to this family? seems like her death brough more shame then her friendship
Re: Turkish Girl, 16, 'buried Alive By Her Father Because She Had Friendships With B by desthan(m): 5:08pm On Feb 10, 2010
what a shame lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

My Pregnant Wife Likely To Deliver On Her Birthday / Pls Help: Review Rechargeble Fans And Light Bulbs, Which Product To Buy / Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.