Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,518 members, 7,816,256 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child (1201 Views)

Too Hard To Believe Marriage Break Up Stories / My Mom Burst In While I Was Having Sex With My Wife. / You're Not A Nigerian If You Didn't Do These Things As A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child by Justeenaleo(f): 10:30am On Nov 24, 2013
As a child I was made to believe a lot of things that now seem so unbelievable,I wil list just few of them and you are free to add your's or not
*As a child,I was told that if I look at the mirror at night I will be slapped by a ghost
*That satan lives in the latrine and if I stay more than ten minutes he will come and take me away(this was my grandma's doing,i later learnt she was scared dat I might fall into the pit toilet nd dat ten minutes is Enough to finish my business,if it extends,den sumfin is wrong
*that d smoke that comes out from the pit toilet is the satan preparing his lunch
*that the ghosts come out once it's midday to buy and sell in the market
*that if its raining and I stretch out my hand to touch rain droplets that I will have leprosy
*that if I talk while putting washed bitter leaves in the pot of soup that the end product will be a very bitter soup
*that if I hear my name and I dnt see who's calling me then it's the ghosts
*and anoda one is if I go to the(udara/agbarumo)tree in the midday that the ghosts will be there and whatever I see,I take(I think this one too was because if kidnappers)

1 Like

Re: Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child by zeb04(f): 11:49am On Nov 24, 2013
That if I sleep close 2 the wall,evil spirit wil take me away. If I sweep nd don't park the dirt well,I wil neva ve kids If a guy just touch me,I wil get pregnant. If I sleep on my bck,means the spirit husband is close by. Scarry village ish like dat. If I swallow the seed of orange it wil grow on my head

1 Like

Re: Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child by philfearon(m): 4:12pm On Nov 24, 2013
Ah dae come!!
Re: Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child by Justeenaleo(f): 4:35pm On Nov 24, 2013
zeb04: That if I sleep close 2 the wall,evil spirit wil take me away. If I sweep nd don't park the dirt well,I wil neva ve kids If a guy just touch me,I wil get pregnant. If I sleep on my bck,means the spirit husband is close by. Scarry village ish like dat. If I swallow the seed of orange it wil grow on my head
Lmao my sister said if I sleep on my back dat am on to "wet dream tinz"
Re: Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child by Forzap: 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2013
undecided
Re: Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child by Bootybuttchic(f): 3:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
Dat if put my palm under drain it will cut off,if u spit on d ground and someone steps on it u will be thirsty tru out d day,if u rub coin on ur big navel and give 2 a pregnant woman it wil become small and d pregnant woman's unbornchild will grow d big navel,once she's born shocked
Re: Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child by Okijajuju1(m): 3:42pm On Nov 26, 2013
Things I was made to believe as a Child

1. Santa clause is real.

2. When you sneeze, someone somewhere is calling your name.

3. Dont whistle at night or you will attract bad spirits

4. Dont spit into the toilet bowl or you will get a sore throat..

e.t.c

Please Nairalanders, help the Needy in our society today.. Some of those Kids dont even know what Santa Clause is, nor did they have parents to teach them anything to believe in. But we have an opportunity to put a smile on the face of a less privileged child this Christmas..

To partake in this Christmas miracle, click here 2nd edition Nairaland Annual Charity flight 2013

God bless you as you give to the poor..
Re: Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child by Nomski0(f): 3:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
That I had to throw my broken tooth on the roof for birds to eat or my tooth wont grow.

That if a boy touched me I would get pregnant

That if I put my head between my legs while standing, any evil spirit near by would slap megrin

That if we stole any meat during christmas, our children would be born blind.

That if I swam in one special river in the village, I would never have children. grin grin.
Re: Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child by juman(m): 5:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
If you eat with a just washed plate (a plate that is not dry of the washed water) somebody would lied against you of a crime not committed by you.
Re: Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child by jeffizy(m): 6:10am On Nov 27, 2013
That if I open my eyes during prayer time, God will slap me.
That you can bring down the hawk if you hit it's shadow with a rock-stone.
tongue
Re: Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child by Swiftlee(m): 12:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
Kai! You guys really gat relatives that can lie..even the devil himself would be surprised! grin grin Chai!

1 Like

Re: Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child by Justeenaleo(f): 10:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
and that wen we close our eyes during prayer dat angels will come down to carry the offertory box
Re: Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
If I sit on the mortar , I get bump in my as s.
If I sweep at night, I sweep away wealth.
If I call the name snake at night, I see it the next day.
Re: Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child by fidatt(f): 10:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
If a bee comes close to your house you will fight with someone.
Re: Things I Was Made To Believe As A Child by james1(m): 2:12am On Jan 28, 2015
Too many things but I like to identify with two;if an object slips from your grasp and land's on the ground erect'you having a visitor.
If the middle of you palm itches you;money is on the way to you.everyone like's a wad of cash.nuf said.

(1) (Reply)

Do Men With Unattractive Daughters Envy Men With The Opposite? / . / Omotola Ekeinde: How My Role In The Prostitute Threatened My Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.