Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,539 members, 7,812,671 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" (23965 Views)

Florence Flomo: I Am John Dumelo's Baby Mama, He's Father Of My 2-Year-Old Son / John Dumelo Caught With Missing Car Of Government (Photos) / Yvonne Nelson And John Dumelo Dressed As The Opposite Sex (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by feranmi400: 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2017
Ghanaian actor and farmer, John Dumelo, has advised men not ever marry a woman who is financially more buoyant than them.

According to the actor, 'fortunately or unfortunately, when women have a lot of money, they tend to be somehow disrespectful.

'Dumelo revealed this on GTV program dubbed ‘What Men Like’, and the conversation was centered on whether men like dating ladies who are financially well off.

The actor also went ahead to explain the kind of woman he would love to settle for.

“I just want a woman who is OK but the potential is there to be rich, for us to be rich together. She’s ambitious, she’s a go getter, she’s entrepreneurial. We can get the money together.

”He added that if he had to date a woman like that, he would just have to make sure not to depend on her financially.“I don’t mind going out with a woman who has more money than I do but I would make sure I have my own money as well. I wouldn’t want acase where I depend on the woman financially”.

Source: http://www.flexygist.net/2017/07/21/dont-ever-marry-a-woman-whos-richer-than-you-ghanaian-actor-john-dumelo-cautions-men/

5 Likes

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by lilmax(m): 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2017
normal level..and if you date don't ask her for money....

24 Likes

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by thegirlyoulike(f): 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2017
undecided does that mean single women shouldn't strive to be very rich?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by dingbang(m): 5:20pm On Jul 21, 2017
Biblically its wise not to marry a woman who is more richer

11 Likes

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by VargasVee(m): 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2017
Word!

Watch them rush here to scream

"Men are insecure about it" whereas they're the ones that barely handle the influence of money.

Take turns to turn their husbands into houseboys.
Only just a few are different.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by rossyc(f): 5:29pm On Jul 21, 2017
;DMen are u learning?

3 Likes

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jul 21, 2017
cry
so you mean I should break up with Rihana?

6 Likes

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by alex81(m): 5:51pm On Jul 21, 2017
rossyc:
;DMen are u learning?
eh we hear...
but it doesn't mean u shld be a financial burden also.

5 Likes

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by Came: 5:52pm On Jul 21, 2017
Mr man,go marry the one way you rich pass,GO AND MARRY, Adein??
Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by rossyc(f): 6:07pm On Jul 21, 2017
alex81:

eh we hear...
but it doesn't mean u shld be a financial burden also.
Not at all. Team independent.. Doesn't mean u should be stingy though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by HottestFire: 6:15pm On Jul 21, 2017
Rubbish, this is myopic. angry The right thing is don't be parasitic, be your best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by LordKO(m): 6:22pm On Jul 21, 2017
He made some valid points. However, neither riches nor quality education can ever make a virtuous woman to become evil.

Riches and quality education only help make a woman of virtues, who otherwise and ordinarily would have be a pawn in the hands of a small-minded man - if she's not lucky to marry a noble man - to become self-willed. Self-Will isn't a negative attitude.

A nobleman knows that respect and loyalty are earned not given, thus, he strives to earn them - he's always a proponent of reciprocity. But a small-minded man believes that he's entitled to a woman's respect and loyalty, thus, he tends to misbehave - you're either servile to him or you'll not know peace and happiness around him.

Any relationship that requires servility from either parties to sustain and maintain isn't a healthy one and should be separated from with alacrity.

Every nobleman I know is responsible and all responsible people are always able to cater for theirs and family financial needs - they may be temporary down at some point in time in the journey of life but they never become permanently down/out. . . So I see no evil in a responsible man who's temporarily down and depends on his wife for survival.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by alex81(m): 6:24pm On Jul 21, 2017
rossyc:

Not at all. Team independent..Doesn't mean u should be stingy though.

lol. grin u too.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by Iamsammy(m): 6:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
Never, I dey craze ni

8 Likes

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by adonbilivit: 6:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
#ItsNotAlie but I wouldn't mind servicing Diezani daily for a fee. Even John Dumelo won't resist the offer

5 Likes

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by NwaAmaikpe: 6:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
shocked

This advice is to the wrong gender.
Guys rarely go after girls with the sole intent of gold-digging

Whereas,

Most girls see a relationship as a job opportunity.
Just one week down with them and it dawns on you that you are their only source of income.

Leeches.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by SeniorZato(m): 6:33pm On Jul 21, 2017
Its like i have seen this guy before!

In a movie grin

2 Likes

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
This is a no brainer na
Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by Afam4eva(m): 6:34pm On Jul 21, 2017
The feminists will come for him but he's right. A woman that is richer than you will disrespect you at some point. That's not to say that men that are usually more likely to be more financially buoyant than their wives have not been disrespecting women forever. It's just that it's accepted by society, hence a normality.

1 Like

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by dakeskese(m): 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
g
Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by rossyc(f): 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
alex81:

lol. grin u too.
Lol...That's not a problem.
Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by viexcey(f): 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
Very true o!
I will rather set up my man to be financially okay to provide for his home than providing for everything which will one day start irritating me or start disrespecting my man. Let the man be the man, feel like a man and do his job as a man.

I just pity some men that run to a woman for her money. On the long run, na them go hear am. Never depend on a woman, most can't provide for you and keep it cool. Hustle and have your respect and peace

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2017
Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by DukeNija(m): 6:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
LordKO:
What a parochial viewpoint. Nonsense. Neither riches nor quality education can ever make a virtuous woman to become evil.

Riches and quality education only help make a woman of virtues who otherwise and ordinarily would have be a pawn in the hands of a small-minded man - if she's not lucky to marry a noble man - to become self-willed. Self-Will isn't a negative attitude.

A noble man knows that respect and loyalty are earned not given, thus, he strive to earn then - he's always a proponent of reciprocity. But a small-minded man believes that he's entitled to a woman's respect and loyalty, thus, he tends to misbehave - you're either servile to him or you'll not know peace and happiness around him. Any relationship that requires servility from either parties to sustain and maintain isn't a healthy one and should be separated from with alacrity.

Oga, there's no need for too much talk and grammar. When its your turn to marry, seek women who are way richer than you, and enjoy your marriage. Those who will do as Mr Dumelu said should also enjoy their marriage. In the end, life will be the ultimate teacher. Simple.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
dingbang:
Biblically its wise not to marry a woman who is more richer
Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by point5: 6:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
Sure no matter d kind of love u have for her...else ur dead already

Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
jh
Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by Anticqz: 6:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
ma No lie oo, I no know wetin to talk,I just wan comment[right][/right]
Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by VickyRotex(f): 6:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
I thought Dumelo was married.
Re: John Dumelo: "Don't Date A Woman You Will Depend On Financially" by cerowo(f): 6:36pm On Jul 21, 2017
But reverse can be the case... Right grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Munachi Abii Returns To Music After Lengthy Break (Pictured) / Ufuoma Ejenobor-mcdermott Gives Birth To A Girl (photo) / Sandra Iheuwa Places IG On Private After News Of Having Ubi Franklin's 4th Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.