Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,266 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes (45002 Views)

5 Biggest Nigerian-International Music Collaborations Of All-Time / What Rap collaborations are most powerful you ever heard?!! list of the best / 5 Biggest Nigerian International Collaborations Of 2017 So Far - Synord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by Caveatemptor(m): 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2017
Another good piece Naptu2.
However I suggest you insert two songs per post so that we can quote the particular song we want to comment on.
For instance I wanted to comment on the Orlando Julius/Hugh Masakela/Lamont Dozier/Odessey imbroglio but I couldn't quote it because there were so many songs on that post.

Quite frankly I find it ridiculous that Orlando Julius allowed himself to be cheated out of his intellectual property. If the lawyer he employed became compromised he should have gotten another lawyer.
Soon some other artiste will cover that song again and Masakela will be tagged as the owner of that song while Julius will continue wringing his fingers. That song is such a unique song for Julius not to be getting paid royalties for it!
So annoying...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by sirfee(m): 4:59pm On Jul 22, 2017
engrkaz:
I was at the beach when lagbaja omo baba muko muko was chased off d stage....
grin Please can you narrate the story,the "the way,the way..." part cracked my ribs so hard.
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by Ratello: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
nkemdi89:
The truth of the matter is, collaborations of those days were based on inspiration and the result was always a class of masterpiece. Unlike what we have now where Nigerian and African artists pay foreign musicians heavily in order to be featured in their music without little or no interest or zeal, thereby churning out not so impressive music, but just an ego booster. Imagine when a foreign artist will just sing only few lines that has liitle impacts on the track. Music of today is just for dance and no inspiration, and with time they fade, when another set is released.
Finally I found a lady that said it all! God bless the 80s and old skool lapelle......good music died in the very early 2000s especially in 2002

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by MrEdimulo82(m): 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2017
Stanleyville:
Me I want to collabo wit Micheal Jackson..but he's dead!

Iz a lai o..iz alaiv. ... I still c am yesterday.
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by KingTom(m): 5:15pm On Jul 22, 2017
Moyenii:
No sir smiley
Ok ma smiley
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by WORLDPEACE(m): 5:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
Ishilove:
THE Carlos Santana also collaborated with a Nigerian? I'm in awe. shocked

I find the cover jacket for the Fela and Ginger Baker collaboration quite offensive. I don't know if I'm being over sensitive but...why does the burly white man have to tower over the skinny black man? Why did they have to position Baker in such a way that it seems like he is dominating the blackman (looking down), while the blackman seems to cower (looking up)?
You are being over sensitive. I didn't see any burly white man. The whiteman there is skinny. I saw two people in an animated, spiritual conversation. The white guy looks to me like someone completely in the moment and fela looked like he could relate to what he was feeling.
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by Dexema(m): 5:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
Caveatemptor:
Another good piece Naptu2.
However I suggest you insert two songs per post so that we can quote the particular song we want to comment on.
For instance I wanted to comment on the Orlando Julius/Hugh Masakela/Lamont Dozier/Odessey imbroglio but I couldn't quote it because there were so many songs on that post.

Quite frankly I find it ridiculous that Orlando Julius allowed himself to be cheated out of his intellectual property. If the lawyer he employed became compromised he should have gotten another lawyer.
Soon some other artiste will cover that song again and Masakela will be tagged as the owner of that song while Julius will continue wringing his fingers. That song is such a unique song for Julius not to be getting paid royalties for it!
So annoying...

I support your suggestion to uncle naptu2 of two songs per post, easy to pick out and comment.

Dr Alban is the David guetta of his time, despite not having the best voice he still managed to rack up global hits some which were used in commercials across the world. I can remember Legend extra stout used "it's my life" for their advert here in Nigeria. Funny enough his song "hallelujah day" is my current ringtone.
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by unilagfreshest(m): 5:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
afonja dominated list, ND they call themselves developers.... radarada, ...am out
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by kevoh(m): 6:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
sirfee:
Hate or love it,Naptu2 and Explorers are masters of history and discovery. They are the "Natgeo wild" of Nairaland.

I doff my hat...respekkkk
Nice one. Naptu2 has this Nigerian flavour to his history. You know that type of flavour you hunger for when you have not tasted Nigerian dish for more than 20 years while explorers is more like someone tasting American burger for the first time.
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by unitedsurv: 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2017
Stanleyville:
Me I want to collabo wit Micheal Jackson..but he's dead!

go meet am now. you dont need to que up for visa or going thr stress entering plane. sniper go do the work sharp sharp grin
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by Explorers(m): 6:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
kevoh:

Nice one. Naptu2 has this Nigerian flavour to his history. You know that type of flavour you hunger for when you have not tasted Nigerian dish for more than 20 years while explorers is more like someone tasting American burger for the first time.

Lol....

2 Likes

Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by kayjee101: 7:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
naptu2:
Tags

caveatemptor, johnie, joseph1832, AHCB, DanseMacabre, stagger

Sir, i appreciate this effort of yours, I have never in my life sat down and read an article as long as this[ i think it's because of my knack for real music and me being a music pundit to an extent]. Though i don't know most of the artiste you listed above, i still enjoy their songs whenever they get airplays.
Please sir there is this musician i used to see his music videos on tv in the late 90s[ don't know his name but loved his songs]. He used to have a colourful cloth on with the trousers and the shirts having an additional perfectly cut out stris on it. I can't really remember anything about him- i was just 5 then, i believe this discription of mine should help.
Thanks ones again sir. Classic fm also does a good work.

worthy of mention: Everywhere You Go -
Kelly Rowland, Rola
Saad, 2Face, Jozi ...,
Duncan
Mighty - Wine It ft
Shaggy;
Vvip ft patoranking- alhaji;
vvip feat phyno and idris elba-selfie; Shadowboxer -
Confidential ft. Idris
Elba & D'Banj;
dj neptune feat sarkodie and phyno;
dj xclusive ft anati, cassper nyovest, banky w, and sarkodie- cash only no check;
banky ft sarkodie;
flavour ft diamond platnumz;
wande coal ft diamond platnumz;
waje ft diamond platnumz- coco baby;
awilo ft timaya and terry g
vybz kartel ft wizkid
kranium ft wizkid
wizkid ft chris brown
rock city ft may d
vybz kartel ft burna boy
burna boy and AkA- all eyes on me
2face ft sway-go down there
2face ft t-pain-rainbow
vector ft movado -born ruler
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
Where is 2face ft. Tpain Rainbow
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by kayjee101: 7:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
Ratello:

Finally I found a lady that said it all! God bless the 80s and old skool lapelle......good music died in the very early 2000s especially in 2002

i swear, what you said is exactly what i told a guy yesterday..thats why i don't joke with classic fm lagos. God bless ol'scool tracks.
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by coolrose(m): 7:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
Good job Naptu2. I sat down all day enjoying the thread and relishing on the memories and the enlightenment. Big up!
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by naptu2: 7:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
coolrose:
Good job Naptu2. I sat down all day enjoying the thread and relishing on the memories and the enlightenment. Big up!

Thanks.
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by phizzym911: 8:41pm On Jul 22, 2017
Wack list!!! undecided... What about Ice prince ft French Montana (I Swear).... D'banj ft Kanye West (Oliver Twist) shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by sirfee(m): 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2017
kevoh:

Lol,you are correct.
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 22, 2017
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Big ups to the OP.

This was really informative..
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by oluamid(m): 10:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
kayjee101:

Sir, i appreciate this effort of yours, I have never in my life sat down and read an article as long as this[ i think it's because of my knack for real music and me being a music pundit to an extent]. Though i don't know most of the artiste you listed above, i still enjoy their songs whenever they get airplays.
Please sir there is this musician i used to see his music videos on tv in the late 90s[ don't know his name but loved his songs]. He used to have a colourful cloth on with the trousers and the shirts having an additional perfectly cut out stris on it. I can't really remember anything about him- i was just 5 then, i believe this discription of mine should help.
Thanks ones again sir. Classic fm also does a good work.

worthy of mention: Everywhere You Go -
Kelly Rowland, Rola
Saad, 2Face, Jozi ...,
Duncan
Mighty - Wine It ft
Shaggy;
Vvip ft patoranking- alhaji;
vvip feat phyno and idris elba-selfie; Shadowboxer -
Confidential ft. Idris
Elba & D'Banj;
dj neptune feat sarkodie and phyno;
dj xclusive ft anati, cassper nyovest, banky w, and sarkodie- cash only no check;
banky ft sarkodie;
flavour ft diamond platnumz;
wande coal ft diamond platnumz;
waje ft diamond platnumz- coco baby;
awilo ft timaya and terry g
vybz kartel ft wizkid
kranium ft wizkid
wizkid ft chris brown
rock city ft may d
vybz kartel ft burna boy
burna boy and AkA- all eyes on me
2face ft sway-go down there
2face ft t-pain-rainbow
vector ft movado -born ruler

I think Sunny Ade is who you are asking of.
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by kayjee101: 4:57am On Jul 23, 2017
oluamid:

I think Sunny Ade is who you are asking of.
it's not KSA, thanks for the response.
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by naptu2: 5:58am On Jul 23, 2017
kayjee101:

it's not KSA, thanks for the response.

Can you describe the person (was he tall or short, his complexion, etc) or can you remember a word from his songs?
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by tosynAB(m): 6:27am On Jul 23, 2017
5starmilitant:
Now our government wants to become enemies of progress to our hardworking Artistes.
Ndi-Ala(in Psquare's voice).

Mr man, shay uno see how those legend bring foreign Artist come shoot videos in Nigeria.. what has today artist bring here than to shame dia country as dem like.

NB: Nigeria is in worsted state then dan today o and don't forget how our leaders are corrupt den.
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by kayjee101: 7:19am On Jul 23, 2017
naptu2:

Can you describe the person (was he tall or short, his complexion, etc) or can you remember a word from his songs?

he is/was fair in complexion, average height; I can't remember a word, but he had this unique kind of attire he used to put on-- the knee to the hem of the trousers and the elbow to the wrists of the shirts had additional cloth cut into strips--on every of his music videos. He sang in English; I don't if he is/was a Nigerian but I am sure he is/was an African.
Am using 'is/was' because I don't know if he is dead or alive.
Thanks for the response.
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by Okwizzy(m): 10:12am On Jul 23, 2017
I must reply
whoever did this, did a very great stuff
send ya account number to me lemme show a little appreciation.
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by DanseMacabre(m): 1:14am On Jul 31, 2017
naptu2:
Tags

caveat.emptor, joh.nie, joseph.1832, AH.CB, DanseMacabre, sta.gger

Bless you for this naptu2. I had an orgasmic time going through this, as well as discovering how massive Majek Fashek was during his halcyon days, as I wasn't old enough then.

Bless.
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by naptu2: 7:09am On Jul 31, 2017
DanseMacabre:

Bless you for this naptu2. I had an orgasmic time going through this, as well as discovering how massive Majek Fashek was during his halcyon days, as I wasn't old enough then.

Bless.

Thanks. You might also enjoy this. https://www.nairaland.com/3946534/sikiru-adepoju-throwback-pictures-two-time
Re: 50 Collaborations Between Nigerian And Foreign Artistes by somtookeke(m): 3:06pm On Dec 13, 2019
International collaborations matter greatly to most Nigerian artistes and atimes, it's a thing of prestige and pride whenever a collaboration happens between them and a foreign act, it's usually seen as a success. So most times, Nigerians try all their might to nick a collaboration with a popular foreign artiste.

Continue reading click link below
https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/9-nigerian-international-biggest.html

Read more:

Heavy Is The Head - Stormzy releases his second album
https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/heavy-is-head-stormzy-releases-his.html

The 10 best sites to search for scholarships
https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/the-10-best-sites-to-search-for.html

Inspector-General of Police Suspends APC Rally In Edo
https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/inspector-general-of-police-suspends.html

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Embarrassing Moments From The Headies 2016 / "One Corner": The Crazy Dance In Ghana (Video) / Download Music: Juice WRLD - Hear Me Calling Full Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.