Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,883 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Green Card Marriage. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Green Card Marriage. (3023 Views)

Ladies What Are The Subtle Ways You Give Green Lights To A Guy You Like? / Have You Ever Misunderstood A Girl's Green Light before? / If Your Boyfriend Moves To USA Without Green Card, Just Move On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Green Card Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 1:10pm On Jul 22, 2017
I chose to write this piece after seeing this thread "https://www.nairaland.com/redgal/posts"
where an American lady was skeptical about her affair with a Nigerian guy and trying to seek the opinion of nairalanders concerning her affair with the guy.

After reading through the pages I had to make a conclusion that any foreign man or woman of any developed country nursing any form of fear in marrying any citizen of a developing country is only suffering from low self esteem.

The issue of marrying for green card (seeking greener pasture in a foreign country) has been grossly misconstrued and I keep asking myself how on earth it becomes a crime...

What is the difference between the case of a lady who decides to marry a financially comfortable man so that she can be with a man with financial security for herself and children and another man who decides to marry a foreigner so that he can build his life in a country where hard work truly pays?

Let's think about this...when a couple of same nationally say two Americans divorce each other within 3 years of marriage as a result of irreconcilable differences it is just cool and normal to the world but when an interracial couple(I.e A Nigerian and an American) divorces within the same period and for same reason the marriage is automatically tagged scam marriage...how unfair!

Regardless of your nationality,you must hold yourself in high esteem and take the risk if you find yourself in an affair with any person from any other country.

Just do your due diligence and ask yourself these questions. ..

1 Do I want this person?

2.Is he or she clean?

3.Is he or she truly unmarried (for monogamous individuals)

4.Am I good enough to be a great spouse.

The most ackward mindset anyone can have is that the other partner just wants to marry you for the green card.How else would he or she be with you and work to keep the family if there is no right to live and work?

In most so called marriage scams,the red flags have always been there and at least one of the parties already knew but risked it anyways or how do we explain a situation where a guy in his 20s marries a woman in her 70s...but the woman would have known but she is willing to go ahead because to her,that short period of time together prior to the man getting a stay or green card is worth the marriage so how does this translate to scam?

Regardless of age,status and circumstance,I strongly believe if you play your role as a great spouse,I guess the 2 or 5 years period of staying together before a stay permit is issued to the foreign spouse is good enough to make him or her fall genuinely for you even if the intention was fraudulent at the beginning

Green card or no green card,many marriages crumble daily so trying to be sure if the foreign spouse truly wants you won't lead you anywhere and the one who truly wants you can have a change of mind if you don't make the best out of the union and at the end you start disturbing the social media that you were scammed.

Enough of all these enbarrasing stories we read everywhere concerning green card marriage...if you are not confident enough to marry a foreign spouse please stick to your domain.

The only green card scam marriage is the type that both parties concensually married solely for green card and that is very criminal but the outcome of any other "Green card marriage" is solely dependent on what the parties make out of it.

Don't know if this makes sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Green Card Marriage. by MissRaine69(f): 1:16pm On Jul 22, 2017
You had to look at Wikipedia for this? Many many individuals are in marriages of convenience. And what do you think is the driving force?
Poverty!

2 Likes

Re: Green Card Marriage. by falconey(m): 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2017

Shout out to my street niggaz marrying white grandmothers of 60-90years to survive, the hustle is real and God bless the game.

2 Likes

Re: Green Card Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 1:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
MissRaine69:
You had to look at Wikipedia for this? Many many individuals are in marriages of convenience. And what do you think is the driving force?
Poverty!

On the contrary I had to point that out for clarity as many need to understand the concept.

2 Likes

Re: Green Card Marriage. by MissRaine69(f): 1:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
Toks2008:

On the contrary I had to point that out for clarity as many need to understand the concept.
Nigerians understanding what a marriage of convenience is? We are the biggest culprits!
Re: Green Card Marriage. by fumiswtpusy(f): 1:23pm On Jul 22, 2017
Toks you have started again right.
Posting trash when nigeria are having serious issue.
These is the same issue I have with tosyne2much.
They call me the first,neat,brave and truthful yoruba girl.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 1:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
fumiswtpusy:
Toks you have started again right.
Posting trash when nigeria are having serious issue.
These is the same issue I have with tosyne2much.
They call me the first,neat,brave and truthful yoruba girl.

Oh not this savage again....must you comment or can't you just ignore?

1 Like

Re: Green Card Marriage. by fumiswtpusy(f): 1:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
Toks2008:

Oh not this savage again....must you comment or can't you just ignore?
When are you getting married oga,
These year or next 10 years,
January,feb,mar,aprill,may June...
Who will you marry me,or technicallyrich.
How many children we you have.5.10,20.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 1:34pm On Jul 22, 2017
fumiswtpusy:

When are you getting married oga,
These year or next 10 years,
January,feb,mar,aprill,may June...
Who will you marry me,or technicallyrich.
How many children we you have.5.10,20.

Nah you I Wan marry
Re: Green Card Marriage. by tosyne2much(m): 1:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
I dey come
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 22, 2017
undecided
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
hmm develop feelings ke cheesy
yea d love strong grin

Re: Green Card Marriage. by fumiswtpusy(f): 3:51pm On Jul 22, 2017
Toks2008:

Nah you I Wan marry
Can you. Take good care off me and always Bleep me untill I bled or faint.because that is how I like it.
If yes submit your cv to my email and house address.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 4:11pm On Jul 22, 2017
fumiswtpusy:

Can you. Take good care off me and always Bleep me untill I bled or faint.because that is how I like it.
If yes submit your cv to my email and house address.

As for the first part I guess it is relative but the second part is guaranteed.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jul 22, 2017
Toks2008 abi u don corner one oyibo mama for yonder cheesy
i no trust this guy these days cheesy
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 22, 2017
Toks2008 Alot of sense as usually! Then let me alert before you get SCAMMED for real.
fumiswtpusy:
That was early 90s.i remember then because I just got married.and my husband was wearing these untill I stoped him tongue
www.nairaland.com/3939440/which-year The one you are flirting with is MARRIED. To have been married in the 90s means hmmmm..........BE WARNED! If not nobi only green card, e fit lead to death certificate if d hussband catccch u.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by fumiswtpusy(f): 5:19pm On Jul 22, 2017
WORDWORLD:
Toks2008 Alot of sense as usually! Then let me alert before you get SCAMMED for really. www.nairaland.com/3939440/which-year The one you are flirting with is MARRIED. To have been married in the 90s means hmmmm..........BE WARNED! If not nobi only green card e fit lead to death certificate if d hussband catccch u.
What will I do with that old dog toks.can he pay me,i am not interested in relastionship.and yes that qoute was just a joke.
Moreover I hate yoruba people.even though I am ayoruba girl.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
MissRaine69:
Poverty!
Poverty? You got it wrong, girl!
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
fumiswtpusy:

What will I do with that old dog toks.can he pay me,i am not interested in relastionship.and yes that qoute was just a joke.
Moreover I hate yoruba people.even though I am ayoruba girl.

OUR WORLD IS SO FULL OF 'HATIST' SO SAD SUCH HEARTS IN THE MAJORITY WITHOUT LOVE TO GIVE! Toks2008 preaches love not hate. I actually took you for your words so its a joke. Hmmmm..............Please choose to LIKE if you cant LOVE but to HATE is a mental illness the world is suffering from.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by MissRaine69(f): 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2017
DeeTus:
Poverty? You got it wrong, girl!
No I have not
A man/woman has been living illegally in a foreign land. Their only way of staying is a marriage of convenience it's not always someone older but that's the preference. The vulnerable emotionally wrought indidividuals.
If these individuals do not get married what they returning to face? A job? Most certainly not
So how is poverty not a factor?
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 7:09pm On Jul 22, 2017
lefulefu:
Toks2008 abi u don corner one oyibo mama for yonder cheesy
i no trust this guy these days cheesy

Lol! honestly as a single guy and very hard wirking I wouldn't mind living in a country where you are truly rewarded for your hard work so hooking up with a single lady from the first world countries is a possibility and of course I will be getting married first and foremost for the sake of happily ever after and not for a stay which becomes sacrosanct....

But if I meet any lady from such country and she starts to feel like King Kong I simply take a bow cos I k ow my worth..

Nevertheless I wrote this as a result of a thread I stumbled on as quoted in the piece.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 22, 2017
Toks2008:

Lol! honestly as a single guy and very vast in IT I wouldn't mind hooking up with a single lady from the first world countries and of course I will be getting married first and foremost for the sake of happily ever after and not for a stay which ofcourse is sacrosanct....

But if I meet any lady from such country and she starts to feel like King Kong I simply take a bow cos I k ow my worth..

Nevertheless I wrote this as a result of a thread I stumbled on as quoted in the piece.
have u watched dat movie 30 days in atlanta starred by ramsey nouah and ay grin
u know see the way Vivica A .Fox come dey treat her naija husband grin
and this was a man forming strict african traditionalist grin back in naija.when he marry yankee wife the bros come dey form humble dey cook for her grin.there is power in the green card wich makes ppl do the impossble grin.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
MissRaine69:

No I have not
A man/woman has been living illegally in a foreign land. Their only way of staying is a marriage of convenience it's not always someone older but that's the preference. The vulnerable emotionally wrought indidividuals.
If these individuals do not get married what they returning to face? A job? Most certainly not
So how is poverty not a factor?
There are other obvious factors. Believe me poverty is out of it.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
Technically, the guys are more guilty of this than the ladies.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by MissRaine69(f): 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
DeeTus:
There are other obvious factors. Believe me poverty is out of it.
Pray do tell ( aside from love which is not the case in the many instances I have seen)
You seem well versed with the subject matter.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 22, 2017
MissRaine69:

Pray do tell ( aside from love which is not the case in the many instances I have seen)
You seem well versed with the subject matter.
Yes, I am very knowledgeable all round. The ones you saw are not the real people. Real guys and chicks love each other so deeply that they are committed.
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 22, 2017
Toks2008:

Go and marry Bros

1 Like

Re: Green Card Marriage. by austine4real(m): 8:06pm On Jul 22, 2017
OK noted

next please
Re: Green Card Marriage. by Toks2008(m): 8:21pm On Jul 22, 2017
Jacksparr0w1207:
Go and marry Bros

So if I marry today $1 will become N100 abi.

Re: Green Card Marriage. by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
Toks2008:

So if I marry today $1 will become N100 abi.
Apparently. That's what we need to bring back our Naira

(1) (2) (Reply)

Simple Exercises To Increase P£NIS Size Into Monster,naturally Method / See Why I Can’t Date Boys Who Use Condoms – Adekemi Taofeek / What Have You Achieved Dating Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.