Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,137 members, 7,835,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Women Are Not Liabilities!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Women Are Not Liabilities!!! (1914 Views)

Igbo Women Are Lazy - Noble Igwe / Women Are Harassing Me / Things I Am Seeing In Guest House, Women are not to be trusted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by Yuji: 8:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
This morning I took a taxi at Airforce junction going to Eliozu. A woman drove, my second time of joining a taxi driven by a woman. From all I witnessed, she is not a regular cab driver.

On our way, I observed the vehicle was in a bad shape and almost broke down at some point. I began asking myself; what kind of woman would risk driving on that highway in an obviously bad vehicle, endangering her life and those of her passengers. The answer to my question came like a whisper..... 'the kind of woman who would do anything legitimate to feed her children'

Then I wondered, where do 'men' get the impression that women are 'liabilities' whose only interest is money? Who started that propaganda? Could it be possible that someone's 'isolated' experience has been made generic.

Some 12years ago I lost my father. It was women, My two Aunts and My Mum that came together and ensured that my family of six siblings got a tertiary education. All my uncles; 'men' absconded. Up till this day, I have never eaten a 'kobo' from any male in the ancestral line of the Asole's outside my late father. In fact, had it not been for the bravery of my two Aunts, my uncles would have taken everything that belonged to my father including that 'mud' house in the village. I wept the day my first Aunt told me the only reason she married from our village was to stay close to her brother, my father. Yet, someone still calls women 'liabilities'.

I have younger ones in school. The boy will ask me for money, ask my elder brother for money and ask my mother for money....., all at same time. But the girls, especially the one after the boy, she would never ask if she never needed it. Sometimes I call her up to ask how she is managing. Then she would tell me mummy gave her money. She is the only one that can call on phone to ask how I am managing without any request. But the boy....., in fact he only calls me 'big brother' when he is in need, after that, it is obinna or oboy (without capital letter). Yet, someone says women are liabilities.

I think when the chips are down, in every family, women are the only people who can be trusted to take up responsibility. I'm not just speaking from personal family experience, I see this in many families as well.

We must learn to stop this fallacy of unqualified generalization. That one girl took money from you and absconded does not mean every girl is money driven. I am surrounded by hard working ladies, those who wake up early and daily striving to achieve their dreams. As a Bachelor I visit PH slaughter market often, 90% of the sellers there are women; under the sun and in the rain. They are not playing, they are striving. Women are the only people who will not back down from family responsibilities even in the midst of family quarrels. They would never allow their father's house see shame. A woman carries on where a man's pride and arrogance won't. A man can drive taxi, strive day and night only to drink ogogoro with the proceeds or carry 'ashawo'. But when a woman hits the road, it is solely for the interest of her family.

So dear men, when next you have the opportunity to ask a woman's hand in marriage, don't consider it a favor to her, rather an opportunity to bring into your life someone who will carry your responsibility when the chips are down.

...... Women are not liabilities, but dependable support in times of need.......
#StopTheStereotype#

Yours sincerely,
Obinna Asole © 2017
A feminist.

34 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by VargasVee(m): 8:30pm On Jul 22, 2017
The person who wrote this sounds like someone that lacked a fatherly care.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by UndisputedBosom(m): 8:54pm On Jul 22, 2017
I would've sheepishly agreed with you but with the increasin number of Slay mamas/girls, baby mamas and others that open their legs with anythin with money (those who's brains are bascially found at the centre of their pùssy) has made me not to agree with you

Though there are those workin pretty hard but a proverb has it that "when one finger gets in connect with oil it automatically touches the others"

3 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by aljharem(m): 9:02pm On Jul 22, 2017
So explain how women are assets ?

Some are but majority on modern women are liabilities we men can't do with out

Lets define a Liability

the state of being legally responsible for something.

Are men not responsible for women ? Unlike kids that are assets because you know they might take care of you when you are old. Old get old with you and have no improvement to give especially those feminist.

I pity any man that marries a feminist. Your life will we wreaked before you know it.

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by eyinjuege: 9:26pm On Jul 22, 2017
I agree with the post.

You see women everywhere hustling legitimately.
Even while heavily pregnant, you see some of them carrying heavy load in mile 12 market for those who've purchased goods.

7 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by Yuji: 9:40pm On Jul 22, 2017
My female relatives are assets but if yours are liabilities then good for you!

7 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 23, 2017
I agree with the theme of the post.

I enter lots of offices and see women, but once I login to NL, all I see is how women are jobless and liabilities. That's what you get when dealing with people who don't see beyond their nose, people who feel the respect you deserve is proportionate to your income. They are same people that would antagonises a woman that disrespects her jobless/low-income husband.

Except when one is married to a bad woman, or is surrounded by so many bad women _there is no sense in monetizing someone's self worth, because you'll know there is something a woman is doing that benefits her family. The children that are assets, are most times groomed by the liabilities women.

Our young ones are lazy to work, shortcut (characterised by crime) is the way in recent times. Girls who don't have the mind to carry out such crimes, resort to slaying and collecting from the men.

Despite all this, I still see hardworking men and women around me. It's going to take a special type of low, for me to stereotype people _irrespective of their gender.

Nigerians need to learn true respect.

6 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by Yuji: 1:03am On Jul 23, 2017
PaperLace:
I agree with the theme of the post.
You are right. Nairaland is patriarchal! I usually don't spend much time here and advice decent and hardworking women not to bother themselves with this forum. Its mainly meant for the 'slayqueens' who are looking for magas (or mugus as the case may be)to milk dry!

3 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by HaneefahRN(f): 6:00am On Jul 23, 2017
aljharem:
So explain how women are assets ?

Some are but majority on modern women are liabilities we men can't do with out

Lets define a Liability

the state of being legally responsible for something.

Are men not responsible for women ? Unlike kids that are assets because you know they might take care of you when you are old. Old get old with you and have no improvement to give especially those feminist.

I pity any man that marries a feminist. Your life will we wreaked before you know it.

I pray you marry a true liability and give birth to liabilities then you will be able to give us a good definition of liability from experience.
Liability isn't just about being legally responsible for someone, it is something like a parasite that holds one back or hinders ones progress, something of no value but to destroy.
They will come here to run mouth, how many of you are even responsible for yourselves talk more a woman or another human.
Irresponsible fellows who don't know how their wives and children feed and cloth will come here to say rubbish.

Going by your definition, children are liabilities too.
And I'm just hearing for the first time it's children that take care of the sick father and husband.
The woman that took hold of the household, wakes up early in the morning to pray for and starts her day with cooking and preparing everybody including the husband for school and work, goes to work (for those working), comes back to start another set of chores in the house even with this most women contribute to family finances and she is being refereed to as a liability?!

I pray God gifts you a liability, someone that will add absolutely nothing to you, a parasite.
We know most of you talk from the experience you had from your dads and mums.

11 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by Sterope(f): 6:11am On Jul 23, 2017
Are you trying to tell us mum is a liabilitysmiley. You do sound like you lacked a positive mother figure.

VargasVee:
The personwho wrote this sounds like someone that lacked a fatherly care.

7 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by VargasVee(m): 7:04am On Jul 23, 2017
Sterope:
Are you trying to tell us mum is a liabilitysmiley. You do sound like you lacked a positive mother figure.

Before you jumped on my post Like a craw-craw infested trollop, I don't remember mentioning you. Now piss off undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by Sterope(f): 7:06am On Jul 23, 2017
Did the OP mention you?

Oya answer the question nowsmiley

VargasVee:

Before you jumped on my post my post Like a craw-craw infested trollop, I don't remember mentioning you. Now piss off undecided

7 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by Viking007(m): 7:43am On Jul 23, 2017
1000% agree with this well written piece.

3 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by Nobody: 10:48am On Jul 23, 2017
HaneefahRN:

I pray you marry a true liability and give birth to liabilities then you will be able to give us a good definition of liability from experience.
Liability isn't just about being legally responsible for someone, it is something like a parasite that holds one back or hinders ones progress, something of no value but to destroy.
They will come here to run mouth, how many of you are even responsible for yourselves talk more a woman or another human.
Irresponsible fellows who don't know how their wives and children feed and cloth will come here to say rubbish.

And I'm just hearing for the first time it's children that take care of the sick father and husband.
The woman that took hold of the household, wakes up early in the morning to pray for and starts her day with cooking and preparing everybody including the husband for school and work, goes to work (for those working), comes back to start another set of chores in the house even with this most women contribute to family finances and she is being refereed to as a liability?!

I pray God gifts you a liability, someone that will add absolutely nothing to you, a parasite.
Leave those children, they'll type anything to be "men".
Would any man be able to stay married to a liability(In the true sense of that word)?

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by Khonifer: 1:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
Beautiful piece. smiley

Its nice being given a break from the usual "olosho" and its synonyms we get here.Thank you for this thread. Although they have already come to prove their "masculinity" cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by vikithor(m): 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2017
Helo op,
Your point,you may have proven,not all men n female are the same.
Therefore,i av unfortunately gotten married to one lady,who is a symbol of liabilities,in bold words,my eyes av seen pains,

For past seven years,have bn running d home,providing for four people plus me five,she doesn't wants to walk,she does so intentionallysaying its 'm y duty to provide' ,of course I am providing,does that she shudnt be engaged wt in any way financialy besides other dumb attitudes,poor sex n never want to improve on all sides of corrections given

Therefore,av left her to her faith n fate

I need a single mum or unmarried lady for serious relationship leading to settling down
Call or wgatsapp-08109974859

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by aljharem(m): 7:41am On Jul 24, 2017
Again any man that wholly agrees that women are not liability is really unserious with his life.

Not all women are liabilities but majority of these new generation women are liabilities. Quote me any where

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by aljharem(m): 7:46am On Jul 24, 2017
HaneefahRN:

Ywan. Why so confrontational? Re-read my post slowly

Again not all are liabilities certainly not women that do house chores etc BUT MAJORITY OF THEM IN THIS MODERN AGE ARE LIABILITIES

A BABY MAMA IS A LIABILITY
A LAZY GIRL FRIEND IS A LIABILITY

Btw why are so insecure ? Are you a liability? Check yourself

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by Yuji: 10:34am On Jul 24, 2017
aljharem:

Ywan. Why so confrontational? Re-read my post slowly

Again not all are liabilities certainly not women that do house chores etc BUT MAJORITY OF THEM IN THIS MODERN AGE ARE LIABILITIES

A BABY MAMA IS A LIABILITY
A LAZY GIRL FRIEND IS A LIABILITY

Btw why are so insecure ? Are you a liability? Check yourself
A babymama did not impregnate herself did she? Did she rape the man who got her pregnant? It takes two to tango. Did the lazy girlfriend force you to give her money? Its because you want sex from her that is why you still give her money.
So you are the one who put liabilities in your life. Deal with it and stop the blame game.

4 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by omosaku(m): 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2017
mmmmm
Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by aljharem(m): 9:47pm On Jul 24, 2017
Yuji:

A babymama did not impregnate herself did she? Did she rape the man who got her pregnant? It takes two to tango. Did the lazy girlfriend force you to give her money? Its because you want sex from her that is why you still give her money.
So you are the one who put liabilities in your life. Deal with it and stop the blame game.

Good you said liability and it takes two to tango. Does she not know she will get pregnant? Must I be responsible for what we both did.

Smh women and this sense of entitlement. The fact remains most of them are LIABILITIES!

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by Yuji: 9:49pm On Jul 24, 2017
aljharem:

Good you said liability and it takes two to tango. Does she not know she will get pregnant? Must I be responsible for what we both did.

Smh women and this sense of entitlement. The fact remains most of them are LIABILITIES!
You just proved how dimwitted you are. Even when you contract STD from her,still blame her for not wearing the condom on you! Commonsense is indeed not common. Yes I agree your mother and female relatives are all liabilities. So congrats and piss off! grin

6 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by aljharem(m): 7:47am On Jul 26, 2017
Yuji:

You just proved how dimwitted you are. Even when you contract STD from her,still blame her for not wearing the condom on you! Commonsense is indeed not common. Yes I agree your mother and female relatives are all liabilities. So congrats and piss off! grin

Why do defensive ?

Keep deceiving yourself. Women are assets then

Abeg make I go test

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by Nobody: 9:14am On Jul 26, 2017
Yuji:
This morning I took a taxi at Airforce junction going to Eliozu. A woman drove, my second time of joining a taxi driven by a woman. From all I witnessed, she is not a regular cab driver.

On our way, I observed the vehicle was in a bad shape and almost broke down at some point. I began asking myself; what kind of woman would risk driving on that highway in an obviously bad vehicle, endangering her life and those of her passengers. The answer to my question came like a whisper..... 'the kind of woman who would do anything legitimate to feed her children'

Then I wondered, where do 'men' get the impression that women are 'liabilities' whose only interest is money? Who started that propaganda? Could it be possible that someone's 'isolated' experience has been made generic.

Some 12years ago I lost my father. It was women, My two Aunts and My Mum that came together and ensured that my family of six siblings got a tertiary education. All my uncles; 'men' absconded. Up till this day, I have never eaten a 'kobo' from any male in the ancestral line of the Asole's outside my late father. In fact, had it not been for the bravery of my two Aunts, my uncles would have taken everything that belonged to my father including that 'mud' house in the village. I wept the day my first Aunt told me the only reason she married from our village was to stay close to her brother, my father. Yet, someone still calls women 'liabilities'.

I have younger ones in school. The boy will ask me for money, ask my elder brother for money and ask my mother for money....., all at same time. But the girls, especially the one after the boy, she would never ask if she never needed it. Sometimes I call her up to ask how she is managing. Then she would tell me mummy gave her money. She is the only one that can call on phone to ask how I am managing without any request. But the boy....., in fact he only calls me 'big brother' when he is in need, after that, it is obinna or oboy (without capital letter). Yet, someone says women are liabilities.

I think when the chips are down, in every family, women are the only people who can be trusted to take up responsibility. I'm not just speaking from personal family experience, I see this in many families as well.

We must learn to stop this fallacy of unqualified generalization. That one girl took money from you and absconded does not mean every girl is money driven. I am surrounded by hard working ladies, those who wake up early and daily striving to achieve their dreams. As a Bachelor I visit PH slaughter market often, 90% of the sellers there are women; under the sun and in the rain. They are not playing, they are striving. Women are the only people who will not back down from family responsibilities even in the midst of family quarrels. They would never allow their father's house see shame. A woman carries on where a man's pride and arrogance won't. A man can drive taxi, strive day and night only to drink ogogoro with the proceeds or carry 'ashawo'. But when a woman hits the road, it is solely for the interest of her family.

So dear men, when next you have the opportunity to ask a woman's hand in marriage, don't consider it a favor to her, rather an opportunity to bring into your life someone who will carry your responsibility when the chips are down.

...... Women are not liabilities, but dependable support in times of need.......
#StopTheStereotype#

Yours sincerely,
Obinna Asole © 2017
A feminist.

I really enjoyed this write up
Thanks alot for this

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jul 27, 2017
D men complaining abt women being liabilities are d real LIABILITIES. D men complaining dat women are only after money is cos they don't have and are d real BROKE ASS. D men complaining that women have nothing to offer excluding sex is cos dem d men only think of sex n seek it while dey lack d right ATTITUDE. Women haters yet their lives revolve round women. NONSENSE!

6 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jul 27, 2017
Op Remain Blessed and may u be surrounded with women of substance for life

2 Likes

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by cococandy(f): 4:35am On Jul 28, 2017
The universe would curse me if I ever agreed that women are liabilities after everything my mother and all my female relatives have done for me.

Not to mention the hardwork I've seen women especially in the Nigerian society do.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 28, 2017
Yuji:

#StopTheStereotype#

Yours sincerely,
Obinna Asole © 2017
A feminist.
Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by ifyalways(f): 5:13pm On Aug 04, 2017
Yuji:

#StopTheStereotype#

Yours sincerely,
Obinna Asole © 2017
A feminist.
Quoted for truth!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by EfemenaXY: 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2017
Beautiful writeup with hard hitting home truths.

Nice 1 @op.
Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by EfemenaXY: 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2017
vikithor:
Helo op,
Your point,you may have proven,not all men n female are the same.
Therefore,i av unfortunately gotten married to one lady,who is a symbol of liabilities,in bold words,my eyes av seen pains,

For past seven years,have bn running d home,providing for four people plus me five,she doesn't wants to walk,she does so intentionallysaying its 'm y duty to provide' ,of course I am providing,does that she shudnt be engaged wt in any way financialy besides other dumb attitudes,poor sex n never want to improve on all sides of corrections given

Therefore,av left her to her faith n fate

I need a single mum or unmarried lady for serious relationship leading to settling down
Call or wgatsapp-08109974859

So who's going to look after your 3 kids under the age of seven?

You planning on being a liability to the single mum / unmarried lady you're furtively searching for?

1 Like

Re: Women Are Not Liabilities!!! by Dcholeric: 7:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
enkayhope:
D men complaining abt women being liabilities are d real LIABILITIES. D men complaining dat women are only after money is cos they don't have and are d real BROKE ASS. D men complaining that women have nothing to offer excluding sex is cos dem d men only think of sex n seek it while dey lack d right ATTITUDE. Women haters yet their lives revolve round women. NONSENSE!
women are not liabilities I agree .

but women who calls a guy "broke a$s" because he refuses to let his money to them are liabilities.

women who calls a guy "stingy" because he chose to spend his money the way he wishes. are not just liabilities but cheap begging wh0re .

honestly I hate to see women that hide behind the word broke ass and stingy as a way to console their lazy a$s.

work, get your cash and keep your respect.
I don't think any man will have the right to brag about how they sustain women if a whole lot of these women desist from depending on a mans money.

(1) (Reply)

I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. / 74 Year Old Woman Finds Live Python In Her Toilet "Water Closet" (photo) / how Do Our Great Parents Prevented Unwanted Preg& Std Before d advent of Condom?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.