Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. (1862 Views)

I've Had 170 Children And I'm Not Going To Stop - British Man / The Woman My Husband Left Me For Is Pregnant And I'm Not Handling It Well / I Just Discovered My Wife's Past, How She Lived Her Life While On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by Cooolme: 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2022
Greetings Nairalanders...
I will be 20 by year ending and I just discovered my Bp is high, this is very shocking to me. Was sick some days ago and I went for a complete checkup that's how i found out, although that wasn't the cause of my illness. I Don't exercise anymore but I'm not fat and I think my paternal family has this hypertension history that affected my father. Can these factors be the cause I'm experiencing this?
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by thorpido(m): 5:39pm On Jul 22, 2022
You obviously have a strong hereditary factor that predisposes you to it.
It's not a death sentence.You just need to manage it.........exercise,go on low salt and fat diets...........get on anti-hypertensives.
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by silibaba: 5:55pm On Jul 22, 2022
Cooolme:
I will be 20 by year ending and I just discovered my Bp is high, this is very shocking to me. Was sick some days ago and I went for a complete checkup that's how i found out, although that wasn't the cause of my illness. I Don't exercise anymore but I'm not fat and I think my paternal family has this hypertension history that affected my father. Can these factors be the cause I'm experiencing this?

My dear, drink coconut water every morning and night for 15days then go back and do the test again.

1 Like

Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by Cooolme: 6:32pm On Jul 22, 2022
silibaba:

My dear, drink coconut water every morning and night for 15days then go back and do the test again.
Thanks, I'll try that.

1 Like

Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by Elchappo: 10:16pm On Jul 22, 2022
Today a friend advised me to boil these; Lemon grass, Soursop leaf, Guava leaf and Avocado leaf and drink the water morning and night...

My last check was 190/120..
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by captainking(m): 10:45pm On Jul 22, 2022
Elchappo:
Today a friend advised me to boil these; Lemon grass, Soursop leaf, Guava leaf and Avocado leaf and drink the water morning and night...

Post update after drinking it for 2 weeks.. Let's see..
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by Elchappo: 11:53pm On Jul 22, 2022
captainking:

Post update after drinking it for 2 weeks.. Let's see..

E go hard me see all this leaf oo but will try after exhausting d English medication..
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by captainking(m): 9:17am On Jul 23, 2022
Elchappo:

E go hard me see all this leaf oo but will try after exhausting d English medication..
you will be fine bro
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by ibechris(m): 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2022
Elchappo:

If u are 20 and your BP is this high I think u need to be on drugs seriously.
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by meobizy(f): 12:22pm On Jul 23, 2022
If you like don’t follow the recommendation of real life doctors, come here let Nairalanders advice you to drink urine for the rest of your life. Mscheew.

5 Likes

Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by Elchappo: 5:15pm On Jul 23, 2022
captainking:
you will be fine bro

Thanx
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by Elchappo: 5:16pm On Jul 23, 2022
ibechris:

If u are 20 and your BP is this high I think u need to be on drugs seriously.

Sure..
Hitting 40 soonest..
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by ibechris(m): 5:31pm On Jul 23, 2022
Elchappo:

Sure..
Hitting 40 soonest..

I have done alot of research about BP and high Cholesterol.

Nigerian hospitals would often tell u is BP but most times it is not.
Na guess work most of our doctors they practice for naija.

All because it possess similar symptoms does not mean that they are the same.

U can read about this more.
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by Elchappo: 8:06pm On Jul 23, 2022
ibechris:

I have done alot of research about BP and high Cholesterol.

Nigerian hospitals would often tell u is BP but most times it is not.
Na guess work most of our doctors they practice for naija.

All because it possess similar symptoms does not mean that they are the same.

U can read about this more.

So what are you suggesting I get done?
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by ibechris(m): 8:43pm On Jul 23, 2022
Elchappo:

So what are you suggesting I get done?

Run a cholesterol test and be sure?
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by naija4life247: 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2022
Elchappo:

That measurement is really high. But believe me, it's just numbers. The numbers are telling you to watch yourself, what you eat, what you drink, what you smoke, and what you fucck. I know the last one will be difficult for a Nigga like you.

Nothing more. Just don't live a reckless or careless life. You should die between 110 and 120 years if you start living a responsible life from now on. I am talking from personal experience.

1 Like

Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by Elchappo: 1:53pm On Jul 24, 2022
naija4life247:

That measurement is really high. But believe me, it's just numbers. The numbers are telling you to watch yourself, what you eat, what you drink, what you smoke, and what you fucck. I know the last one will be difficult for a Nigga like you.

Nothing more. Just don't live a reckless or careless life. You should die between 110 and 120 years if you start living a responsible life from now on. I am talking from personal experience.

Nah, pussi ain't my thing, thou a doctor once told me that s3x is the best exercise for HBP. My only habit is what I drink which I ve tried stopping for some days now but each day I abstain is like hell..
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by Ochyes: 5:20pm On Jul 24, 2022
There is herbal medicine for the heart and cardiovascular system. It's a foreign drug.
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by AlphaG: 11:19pm On Jan 19
naija4life247:

Pls can you be detailed how you went about yours?, I currently have a bp of 160/84 and I feel chest pain
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by ezugegere(m): 12:27am On Jan 20
Bro, you have to be on a BP drugs already. Yours is a case of hypertensive crisis. You're supposed to be on admission for observation.
Try normoretic 1 tab dally for 5 days... If your BP is still high, you have to change to another one, maybe Amlodipine. The side effect is frequent urination for the first 48 hrs.
I discovered I was hypertensive when I iin the Uni almost more than 20 yrs ago.
I'm on normoretic which I take every other day and my BP is kept in check.
One of the major reasons you hear that Nigerians die suddenly is hypertension. That thing is a silent killer; plus it's destroying your kidneys.

1 Like

Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by Capernum: 3:40am On Jan 20
Cooolme:

Do you have anxiety issues? Generalized anxiety disorder or anxiety neurosis? Has any doctor told you before?
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by Hazardd(m): 7:23am On Jan 21
Cooolme:
hello bro...hope u are okay now
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by Hazardd(m): 7:23am On Jan 21
Cooolme:

Thanks, I'll try that.
did this later work
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by ogawisdom(m): 1:26pm On Jan 21
HBP at 20 years

You are too young for that

Reduce your weight drastically
Reduce salt
Alcohol
Exercise daily.

Check your bp regularly to avoid stroke
Re: I Just Discovered I Have High Blood Pressure And I'm Sad. by Hazardd(m): 7:52am On Jan 24
Cooolme:

Thanks, I'll try that.
hello bro, goodmorning...comcerning the bp. What did u did that actually work for you.....looking forwarr for your response bro

(1) (Reply)

How Did Your Parents Meet: Ever Asked How? / My Husband Is Having Ex Issues! / Meet The World's Bendiest Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.