Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,623 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

Sophia! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sophia! (8585 Views)

Davido’s Baby Mama Sophia Momodu Living Her Best Life Ever / MC Boki, MC Makopolo, Sophia Allison: Behind Videos Of Ladies Proposing / Sophia Williams Chikere Celebrates Her Boyfriend's Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sophia! by Booboo7(f): 9:35pm On Jul 22, 2017
#so after the success of ' Fate of Ada' story, I decided to put up another here to keep my readers busy and to appeal to them for staying away for so long! Booboo7 is back and she loves u like cray! #

SOPHIA :the story

Life as a child was beautiful , am the 2nd child and 2nd daughter of an average Nigerian family who luckily lived next to one of the richest men in the country! Here in Lagos, things were all in excess when it came to weather conditions and so was it on this day!

It was a rainy day, my mum and dad had gone out for a church program leaving me behind to baby sit my kid brother and sister as my elder sister had just been admitted into a boarding house for her secondary education.

Lamlam (my baby sister and second to the last kid of the family ) ran up to the kitchen were I was struggling with the big pot of jollof mum had instructed me to make and dragged me to the window

Lamlam : Sophie it's about to rain. Will the thunder eat mummy and daddy up?

I simply smiled and gave my 4 years old sibling a tight hug

Me: no Lamlam, daddy and mummy are way too strong for the thunder to swallow.

After cooking, I served Lamlam and Kito (pet names) their meals and I went off for my private pleasure!
On such rainy days especially when mum and dad are away, I'd get my swimming trunk and have a bath in the rain!
The fence between senator Linus' and our home had broken down about two years ago and he had asked dad to ignore it considering the fact that they had built that fence a whole lot of times and same results were always expected.

Don't worry doctor, after all u could take advantage and use my security to ensure your family's safety also, he had said. Against mummy's worries of problems emanating from sharing a compound with the senator, dad had relented and that was how it all became one compound.

I had my swimming pants on now and the rain was beginning to calm down but I wasn't ready to miss out of the rain bath today and so I ran into the rain. Screaming at intervals as the cold water splashed on my chocolate complexion skin and very curly dark hair. I felt my buttocks clap as I ran around the house with my little bowl in my hand hoping the cleaner and security man would stay away this time and give me a chance to stay happy without threatening to report me to mum and dad. I kept running around until I saw a faint figure walk towards me in the rain. It was Afam, the senator's nephew!

afam! What are u doing in the rain? Your mummy will kill you if she finds out o... I said

Afam is two years older than I am but was always shielded from the outer world except when he had to sneak out and play with me.

Afam: my mummy went out Sophia. See eh I came to tell you that we have some visitors in our house. They arrived today and they came with their son o... The boy don't even know how to play, whatever you do he will just stand there and keep mopping at you. I don't like him. Will you come and see him?

Me: eh is that why you didn't wait for rain to finish falling before coming to tell me?

Afam: by then my mummy will be back and I will be back under house arrest na

Me: OK! Oya I will come tomorrow or are they leaving today?
Afam; I don't think so. You promise to come tomorrow shebi?

Me: yes... Oya bye bye.

The next day, I got dressed in my Grey colored track suit and went over to Afam 's. I was welcomed as always by the kids and the compound and introduced to the visitor.

Hello, my name is Sophia, I live here (pointing to my house)
Visitor: hi am kevin

He turned away and walked out on us

This oyinbo pepper don't know us Sha. So he is too big to play with us abi? Mtchew I said to myself. I settled down and started playing puzzles with the other kids. Few minutes later, I heard arguments and struggling behind us... Lo and behold, Afam and Kevin were fighting over a Lego construction toy. We ran up to them and tried settling the argument but a fight broke out and Afam had the upper hand as he gave Kevin a dirty slap. I got angry that Afam wouldn't listen to me and went too far slapping our visitor who was now in tears and so I gave Afam a dirty slap and a push! At this point, Afam's mum screamed as she ran towards us. I knew I was in trouble!

*To be Continued*

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sophia! by Booboo7(f): 9:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
Famopompy, Originalsly, SmellingAnus, ladiesmirror, etc can't wait to have u guys back sweeties
Re: Sophia! by indodon(m): 9:53pm On Jul 22, 2017
cool

1 Like

Re: Sophia! by Khallyella(f): 10:31pm On Jul 22, 2017
Why use my name? Haha

1 Like

Re: Sophia! by Booboo7(f): 10:49pm On Jul 22, 2017
It's a cute name sweety
Re: Sophia! by Khallyella(f): 10:59pm On Jul 22, 2017
Following...
Can't wait to read the next part.

1 Like

Re: Sophia! by MrBen10(m): 7:54am On Jul 23, 2017
I am following you bumper to bumper.

1 Like

Re: Sophia! by famopompy(m): 1:54pm On Jul 23, 2017
Booboo7:
Famopompy, Originalsly, SmellingAnus, ladiesmirror, etc can't wait to have u guys back sweeties

I am here!!! Thank God you are here for all of us too

1 Like

Re: Sophia! by SmellingAnus(m): 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2017
Booboo7:
oh... I am so happy to have you back , I am sure some persons and I did miss you... Welcome back dear...
Re: Sophia! by Davidgrey: 3:29pm On Jul 23, 2017
SmellingAnus:
oh... I am so happy to have you back , I miss you ... Welcome back dear...
Corrected* #Imaginative curiosity tongue
Re: Sophia! by SmellingAnus(m): 5:44pm On Jul 23, 2017
[size=8pt][/size]
Davidgrey:
Corrected* #Imaginative curiosity tongue
Lol... True... grin
Re: Sophia! by famopompy(m): 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2017
SmellingAnus:
oh... I am so happy to have you back , I am sure some persons and I did miss you... Welcome back dear...

I miss you too. let us enjoy the story dear..... God bless you dear
Re: Sophia! by Booboo7(f): 9:01am On Jul 24, 2017
Thanks sweeties.. Updating later this evening. Muahhh
Re: Sophia! by famopompy(m): 11:44am On Jul 24, 2017
Booboo7:
Thanks sweeties.. Updating later this evening. Muahhh

can't wait dear... we your fans are expecting
Re: Sophia! by Booboo7(f): 9:39pm On Jul 24, 2017
SOPHIA# continues...

Afam's mum: how dare you touch my son? Eh you this ogbanje girl? (she drags and squeezed my cheeks as she yelled curses at me) oya come here (she drags and shows me the way to my flat) don't ever come here again o you hear me?

I went home that evening feeling terrible about what had happened! How could I have supported a total unfriendly stranger at the expense of my friendship with my Besty AFam ? Now he'll never be friends with me anymore' I kept repeating to myself the whole day!

The next day, I waited patiently around the corner for Afam's mum to drive out of the house as I went over to tell him how sorry I was. Getting to their side of the compound wasn't hard at all with his mom's absence I was free to ask his whereabouts from a staff in the house.

Me: uncle good afternoon

Staff: good afternoon Sophia, how's your mum and dad now?

Me: fine. Please where is Afam?

Staff: he went to the fish pond area few minutes ago o

Me: OK thank u sir.

I went towards the fish pond which was located about two minutes walk away from the main house. As usual, Afam had a stool under his legs as he kept staring at the fishes in the pond.

Me: Afam

Afam turned at the sound of my voice and on seeing me, changed the look on his face.

Me: Afam am sorry now, it's the devil's work o. I was angry that you hit that boy even after asking you not to.

Afam: am not angry because you pushed me o, am angry because I fell when you pushed me. I don't like the way everyone keeps saying you are stronger than me.

Me: OK sorry, I will help you to get stronger than me

Afam: you promise?

I nodded in agreement and he climbed down his stool and gave me a hug.

Afam: my mummy bought me cheese balls o. Let's go and eat na. (we headed to the house) ehe that oyinbo boy is not a bad boy o. He just doesn't know how to play like that. We are now friends sef

We finally got into the gigantic mansion which I was already used to and went straight into the playroom where I waited for Afam to bring the cheese balls but to my greatest shock, he walked in with Kevin- the stranger. Kevin walked up to me and appreciated me for the previous day and I nodded... Afam and I made friends with the oyinbo boy who introduced me to his dad as his new friend. They stayed three more days and finally were set to leave. Kevin asked for a means or reach me with letters and I gave him my dad's work post office box!

To be continued...
Re: Sophia! by Booboo7(f): 9:44pm On Jul 24, 2017
So sorry lovers, had to try to keep to my promise of updating Today so it's so short. Will make up for it tomorrow.
Re: Sophia! by famopompy(m): 6:08am On Jul 25, 2017
Thank you dear. my tonic for this morning... God bless you dear

1 Like

Re: Sophia! by SmellingAnus(m): 5:04pm On Jul 25, 2017
Nice one fear... Following cool
Re: Sophia! by ojun50(m): 5:41pm On Jul 25, 2017
Baby thy do fast u knw say the weather cold now
Re: Sophia! by famopompy(m): 11:34pm On Jul 27, 2017
Booboo this ain't far... please come upload nao
Re: Sophia! by Booboo7(f): 9:55pm On Jul 28, 2017
My love am sorry... Lost granny! Been emotionally down, just buried her.
Re: Sophia! by famopompy(m): 10:19pm On Jul 28, 2017
Booboo7:

I am so sorry dear. God will help you and give you the fortitude to bear it. God bless you dear

1 Like

Re: Sophia! by famopompy(m): 5:36pm On Jul 31, 2017
Hey Booboo, I miss you tho. please be okay. God bless you and keep you.

1 Like

Re: Sophia! by Booboo7(f): 12:30pm On Aug 01, 2017
SOPHIA# continues...

After Kevin's departure, Afam and I remained good friends and school continued. One day, dad screamed my name from the sitting room as I joined him. He was holding an envelope in his hands as he looked down at me.

Dad: baby were you expecting any letter?

I bent my head and stared at the white colored tiles beneath my feet which were evidently tired of mum's maltreatment from washing to polishing in order to leave them spotless!
Dad handed the letter to me and I ran off into my room. It was from Kevin!

I wasted no time in ripping the envelope off the letter as I stumbled on a piece of Bracelet and a letter. I jumped joyfully and started reading as I tried to assimilate word by word how he missed Afam and I, how we've made it easier for him to make friends around his home and how he wish he could come see us sometime. He also asked me to reply with my home land line telephone number to make communication easier. I took the letter back to dad as I explained what it was all about and how Afam and I met Kevin.

Dad: that's good. You shouldn't just make friends here alone.

From that day onward,Kevin and I kept up with communication. Weeks, months and years passed and I was now in Jss2...Kevin, Afam and I now communicated through the Email as Afam now went to school in China as his mum relocated to Shanghai; but lately, Kevin stopped keeping up with the communication and I wrote to Afam inquiring why!

Afam: I don't know. He hardly returns my messages this days too

One very hot Friday afternoon, I decided to take a walk to the cyber Cafe and check my mails and possibly Facebook a little when I stumbled on Kevin' mail. He tried explaining that studies in the University was really tedious and he had been too busy giving his attention to it. He apologized for not replying my mails for almost a year and promised he'd come see me in lagos as soon as he gets back to Nigeria. I happily wrote a mail to Afam informing him that Kevin was fine and he was sorry for staying away for so long. Our communication was sparkled again and we were closer than we used to be. they'd check on my family and I, whenever they visited Nigeria and sometimes, I'd go and spend a few days with them out of my long holiday when they were in the country.

One day, Afam and I got into a conversation... (mail)

Me: big head hi.

Afam: I was about writing you also.. Let's chat on Facebook Sophie

Me: ok

We went on Facebook and talked about a lot of things.

Afam: am beginning to like a girl so much over here Sophie, I don't know if I have her attention (he was now in his first year in a University in China as I just wrote my jamb awaiting results to determine my fate)

Me: really? That's good to know! You can find out if she likes you now. Try to make friends with her and before you know it, things will start happening #winks

Afam: see who's talking o. You haven't eve n had a boyfriend before. That reminds me, your sister told me you graduated as beat in sciences in your school. Congrats Sweety, you rock! Smoke full your head na

Me: Kai.. You eh. Thank you. In fact I have a shocker for you

Afam: jist me

Me: there's this guy I met at the computer school I told u I have been attending for my diploma course in computer application. He's not a student there but I met him when he came to meet with someone in the same building.

Afam: OK, aha

Me: he had this bushy beards and you know how much I dislike em

Afam : yea I know

Me: so I was busy blabbering to two girls about how much he looked like a handsome monkey and we were all laughing when he walked up to me

Afam: did he hear what you talked about?

Me: no Sweety, but I was terrified! Thought he heard me but instead he asked me for a piece of paper and pen and after I had given him, he asked for my digit

Afam: hahahahahahaha... So he needed your pen and paper for your number. He's crazy.. Did you give em ?

Me: yea and now well, we are seeing each other

Afam: what the hell and you are just telling me now?

Me: am sorry, didn't know it'll get serious so didn't want to bore you with the details

Afam: it's OK, the most important thing is for u to stay happy. He better not hurt you cos if he does, ama come for him I swear

Me: awww thanks love

Afam: what's he called?

Me: Nathan Osuala

Afam: which one? Was his dad a one time senator?

Me: yup

Afam: wow that's a good one. Tell me more about him

On and on we kept talking... Afam and Kevin were my best friends and I could tell them anything.

Kevin called my cell phone to inform me he would be in lagos in two days and I was too excited about it.

Kevin: I'll spend two days with your family Sophie is that OK?

Me: yes! We will love to have u here K!

Kevin: aiit..i will call your mum and dad right away.

Kevin did call them and my parents were excited they'd see him after all this while.
Two days later, i had on a simple turtle neck gown which my sister had purchased as my birthday present. The gown was as if it was made for me. My curves were unquestionably in place (i have big ass and an-above-the average size boobs) my sister said I looked adorable in my dress and I felt so confident as we went to get my best friend from the airport. We finally got to the airport and waited patiently for his arrival. Few minutes later, i got the shock of my life!

==To be Continued==
Re: Sophia! by SmellingAnus(m): 12:45pm On Aug 01, 2017
Booboo7:
please accept my condolences ... It's well dear

1 Like

Re: Sophia! by famopompy(m): 12:48pm On Aug 01, 2017
Nice one dear.... hope you are good now.... please be fine.. I won't disturb you for more updates

1 Like

Re: Sophia! by Booboo7(f): 1:40pm On Aug 01, 2017
SmellingAnus:
please accept my condolences ... It's well dear

Thanks love.
Re: Sophia! by Booboo7(f): 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2017
famopompy:
Nice one dear.... hope you are good now.... please be fine.. I won't disturb you for more updates

Am fine dear, awwww... Don't worry am OK now. Feel free to disturb.

1 Like

Re: Sophia! by SmellingAnus(m): 1:54pm On Aug 01, 2017
Booboo7:

Thanks love.
welcome sweetheart

1 Like

Re: Sophia! by famopompy(m): 7:54am On Aug 04, 2017
BooBoo where are you?

1 Like

Re: Sophia! by Booboo7(f): 6:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
SOPHIA # continues...

There before my sister and I stood a confused, searchy # handsome, muscular looking guy. Something in me tickled, can't tell what it was but it felt so good. I ran off half way as he hastened to meet me and we both got glued to each other in a hug! gosh he smelt so good! He's so tall'
These and many more were the thoughts I had going through my head. He finally released me and went ahead to give my sister a hug.

Kevin: gosh I missed you girls! you are looking so good. Sophie look at you. Wow! This body is amazing. You should model for our clothing line

Me: believe me k, your trousers won't fit into this back side.

We all laughed and went into the Avalon we had parked at a tight corner where all you can hear is noise and more noise. I drove this time as we went home with Kevin to have the fun time of our lives.

My parents were delighted to have him And they gave him a warm welcome as mum showed him to his room. He obediently had a warm bath, following the instructions mum gave him and got out wit a handful of packages. Each person had their gifts and we were super excited. That evening Kevin and I took a walk and tried remembering our childhood... We talked about a lot of things and laughed over them.

Kevin: Sophie, Afam says you've been admitted into a university here

Me: yes, it's a private University and am sure I'll be out soon.

Kevin: Happy for you, still don't know why you don't want to stay in Paris with me

Me: my parents won't be comfortable with that idea K

Kevin : OK, well I'll be in Nigeria for a while. Sophie I've really missed you and I've got a lot of stories for you. By the way, I'll be going for my masters program in Australia in four months time.

Me: wow! That's great, am happy for you k

Kevin : Sophie, what are you doing about music?

Me; nothing... I just want to get Into school then find a way forward

Kevin : OK.

Kevin stayed two days and I really wish he could stay more. During his stay, I realized he was now deeply business oriented and would do anything to become a tycoon.

About four years later, while preparing for my project defense in school Afam informed me he was coming into the country for his sister's wedding and would want Kevin and I with him. I succumbed and somehow, he convinced Kevin Into coming back home.

Afam and Kevin were the best friends I could ever have as they were so supportive. At a point, I became the wealthiest student in school, all thanks to their financial support. This two guys made life beautiful for me without sentiments and they made sure I got all the emotional support I needed. At this time, I already dated two guys and ended up heartbroken (first got a girl pregnant and caught the second with a girl In bed) and well luckily, I had only had sections of romance with them and I was glad it stopped at that. my best friends were aware of my love life history and were emotionally protective and supportive.

Afam got into the country and so did Kevin. I had finished my project at this time and joined them in Abuja were we decided we'd go on a road trip and that was how it all began!

To be continued...
Re: Sophia! by Booboo7(f): 6:07pm On Aug 04, 2017
famopompy:
BooBoo where are you?
Am here sweedy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Is Always Hitting Me. / A Nairalander Feeds A Hungry Lady Wth His Cassava For The Second Time / Who Is Your Nairaland Crush?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.