Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Plantain And Paw Paw, Kindly Advise - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Plantain And Paw Paw, Kindly Advise (934 Views)

The Signpost At A Plantain Garden: "Steal With Joy & Die With Tears" (Photo) / I Intend Going Into Plantain And Potato Chips Business,need Your Advice / Micro Spray Tube For Plantain And Other Crops For SALE!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plantain And Paw Paw, Kindly Advise by karlxavier(m): 10:36am On Jul 23, 2017
Please, someone is asking, he dosent have any experience in veggies planting and he said I should help him post this here for the gurus to ascertain which to go into.

His question is, their is a land someone wants to give to use for 2 and a half years and he is asking, which crop can he plant on it to make the most out of it. It's one acre though. He is contemplating between doing plantain plantain or paw paw plantation.

For plantain plantation, can he do a high density kind of planting for eg, can he have two suckers growing in same hole? Just like a high density plantation since the land is not his or can he grow paw paw on the land? How Profitable would paw paw be if he grows paw paw? I need suggestions pls. Thanks.
Re: Plantain And Paw Paw, Kindly Advise by Nobody: 10:43am On Jul 23, 2017
That period is not enough for trees. What if the owner does not renew the lease?

Tell him to plant traditional veggies. They are easier to care for, are resistant to pests, diseases and he should not do a mono crop. He can plant many kinds of crops on the same land so long as they are not all from the same family group of plants.
Re: Plantain And Paw Paw, Kindly Advise by id4u2nv: 1:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
He should not plant tree crop because of Their life span since the land is not his. He can go into other agricultural production such as vegetables, maize, cassava etc,. Can also intercrop
Re: Plantain And Paw Paw, Kindly Advise by karlxavier(m): 2:11pm On Jul 23, 2017
Thanks for the advise. I still need more advise as regards this. Thanks. The land can be extended for up to 4-5 years though.
Re: Plantain And Paw Paw, Kindly Advise by Neduzze5(m): 5:48pm On Jul 23, 2017
karlxavier:
Thanks for the advise. I still need more advise as regards this. Thanks. The land can be extended for up to 4-5 years though.

Let him go with plants like cucumber, tomatoes, groundnut, okra etc.

He could add just one line of plantain and another line of pawpaw.

Cucumber will be better off, every three or four months, he gets back his money.

(1) (Reply)

Photos Of Our Family Cashew Business. / TME 419 Cassava Ready For Harvest. / 1000 Crates Of Medium Eggs Available For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.