Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,088 members, 7,845,592 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? (10931 Views)

Ijebu, The Yoruba & Their Influence On The Bible & Judaism- Reno Omokri / Poverty Or Riches? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sat. 28/10/2017) Poverty Or Riches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by orunto27: 6:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
They are equally potent. But the Nature of God in you is your guide.
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by mrdipye(m): 8:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
Poverty: The bible says lack of money is the rool of all evil. Dnt frget d bible also said money answereth all things.[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by yelanst(m): 8:32pm On Jul 30, 2017
You seem not to understand my point, or maybe I was a bit harsh with my diction. Gone are they days when the rich oppresses the poor,
today it is the poor that oppresses the rich. I have had several experiences that lend credence to this, but I will give you just few instances. While driving on the road I have often encountered some motor cyclist popularly called ``Okadamen``cursing the hell out of a motorist who from all adjudication has not defaulted any traffic rule, when in the real sense it was the motor cyclist that broke the traffic rule- the motorist offence obviously been that he his riding an exotic car.Most poor folks are often aggressive and vent their aggression on the people around them as if they are their reason of being poor. They will conspicuously infringe on your right, and when you retaliate they will shout ``maltreatment ``. They will demand financial assistance from you and when it is not forthcoming they will tag you an occultist. When you render the financial help and something goes wrong, either in their business or home, they will still tag you an occultist. Disclaimer: I am neither Rich nor poor.Poverty is a thing of the mind.
nobleblood:

Poor people are not horrible to interact with. Its all happen in your head. You see everything through your own unique hate lens. Rich people have the money to cover up their sins that's.. Plus their money makes sin look cool. If it was poor shaking their own asss..all over TV. You all will be disgusted. But since its done by the rich and being forced down our collective throat. No one seem to have a counter opinion.

If homosexuality was coming from poor developing nations. The world would have laugh and called them slum bags. But seeing its coming from rich advance, developed nations. No one has alternative view points. Intellectual know all the nice, words not to offend your sensibity. Politically correct people..

" the spirit of the lord is upon me to bring good news to the poor"
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by Herrmes: 9:27pm On Jul 30, 2017
nobleblood:

Am not making an argument.

Too many educated people here and there. Education has grown you all far. " Arguments"! ..Lol!

From christainity stand point , are we even suppose to be arguing this?
Sure, you were making an argument
I don't know what the "Christianity stand point" entails.
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by nobleblood: 1:58am On Jul 31, 2017
yelanst:
You seem not to understand my point, or maybe I was a bit harsh with my diction. Gone are they days when the rich oppresses the poor,
today it is the poor that oppresses the rich. I have had several experiences that lend credence to this, but I will give you just few instances. While driving on the road I have often encountered some motor cyclist popularly called ``Okadamen``cursing the hell out of a motorist who from all adjudication has not defaulted any traffic rule, when in the real sense it was the motor cyclist that broke the traffic rule- the motorist offence obviously been that he his riding an exotic car.Most poor folks are often aggressive and vent their aggression on the people around them as if they are their reason of being poor. They will conspicuously infringe on your right, and when you retaliate they will shout ``maltreatment ``. They will demand financial assistance from you and when it is not forthcoming they will tag you an occultist. When you render the financial help and something goes wrong, either in their business or home, they will still tag you an occultist. Disclaimer: I am neither Rich nor poor.Poverty is a thing of the mind.

Lol!I will love to see a day were the poor are oppressing the rich. More like a day Karl max would invision. Venting out frustration is no were similar to oppression in the real sense. However, I won't deny I have not had similar experience to this effect. I think such instance draws from a single narrative. the tone in the country is one that all the money is being looted by the rich and carte away. So any rich man is seen as a enemy of the poor without recourse to how he/she made his wealth. Now its we( poor) v. Them(rich). Its a old movie script being re-enacted.

Still, from this stand point, I mentain the rich are still the biggest influencer of sin. No biase intended friend. You don't want to know what most rich have done to get to where they are. Some of their humanitarian ventures are simply to make up for their soul.

1 Like

Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by nobleblood: 2:11am On Jul 31, 2017
Herrmes:
Sure, you were making an argument
I don't know what the "Christianity stand point" entails.

Sleep well!
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by 400billionman: 10:02am On Jul 31, 2017
lonikit:
As for me, poverty is more potent to influence sin but bible talk more on wealth as being capable to make u sin.

So what is your opinion?

In the bible, Jesus warned and I quote, " You cannot serve two masters "; " You cannot serve God and money "...

It means money has power to take a man away from serving God. And that is sin.
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by Herrmes: 10:20am On Jul 31, 2017
nobleblood:

Sleep well!
Thank you
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by light30: 12:23pm On Jul 31, 2017
I quote from the funniest bible passage I know � to answer this,

Jesus said,

It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Mark:10:25
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by lonikit: 1:35pm On Jul 31, 2017
400billionman:

In the bible, Jesus warned and I quote, " You cannot serve two masters "; " You cannot serve God and money "...

It means money has power to take a man away from serving God. And that is sin.

so the meaning u cud deduce here now is u think we are trying to idolize money. oga no be by force to comment if u don't understand thread
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by Stanley1155: 6:13pm On Jul 31, 2017
Have u ever been so hungry it makes you to dab anytime you garri i guess if you have been in this kind of situation then you will know that been damn broke is the root of all evil.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Hell Truly Exists, Then God Is Not Only Evil, He's Also Incompetent / Fasting To Death / Chosen For Laughter. Sermon And Prayer Point By Pastor E A Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.