Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,586 members, 7,854,501 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:58 PM

Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? (10961 Views)

Ijebu, The Yoruba & Their Influence On The Bible & Judaism- Reno Omokri / Poverty Or Riches? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(sat. 28/10/2017) Poverty Or Riches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by canalily(m): 11:25am On Jul 30, 2017
blackbeau1:
I won't even dignify this with a response
buh u hav responded though u r nt responsible

1 Like

Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by nobleblood: 11:31am On Jul 30, 2017
LordKO:
Poverty of course. Believe you me, crime is more prevalent among the downtrodden than the rich. I've had the privilege to experienced life in both divides, so I understand better.

You know nothing john smoow!

The crime of just one rich man stealing billions as health minister can cause the death of thousanda in the hospitals. spilliage and pollutions by multinational coeperations in a years can kill thousands worldwide and you still won't know because of your one track mind towards the poor.
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by CzarChris(m): 11:32am On Jul 30, 2017
I believe the bible answers this question.

Proverbs 30:7-9King James Version (KJV)

7 Two things have I required of thee; deny me them not before I die:

8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:

9 Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain.

2 Likes

Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by Slurity(m): 11:43am On Jul 30, 2017
both at extreme has same effect
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by tunary(m): 11:43am On Jul 30, 2017
both but poverty is worse
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by comrChris(m): 11:44am On Jul 30, 2017
Joeblack01:
[color=#006600][/color]

Both of them are equally potent to influence somebody to sin.

A poor man can kill just to be wealthy Also a wealthy man can also kill just to maintain or keep his wealth.

It all depends on the individual.
on point
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by hokafor(m): 11:45am On Jul 30, 2017
For me is poverty, I fear poverty more than death. When u are poor u can do some unimaginable things to get comfortable.
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by eunisam: 11:45am On Jul 30, 2017
a poor man can go to a habalist to get charm and kill somebody over landed property but a rich man will use the police or court to settle disputes now based on the above illustration who sin pass? for me poverty is a sin itself.
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by LordKO(m): 11:46am On Jul 30, 2017
nobleblood:

You know nothing john smoow!

The crime of just on rich man stealing billions as health minister can cause the death of thousanda in the hospitals. spilliage and pollutions by multinational coeperations in a years can kill thousands worldwide and you still won't know because of your one track mind towards the poor.

Shut up! Conceited people like you irritates me. Truly, conceit is God's gift to small-minded people.

Subject of the thread under discussion says it all, and even if it's otherwise, I'm still entitled to my opinion. So, it smack of idiocy for you to pick on me. For one, I'm not the cause of your obvious wretchedness.

The thread asked "Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin?" it didn't ask "Outcome of a poor person's sinful action and that of a rich person's sinful action which is more potent to cause major harms to the masses."

1 Like

Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by nobleblood: 11:50am On Jul 30, 2017
yelanst:
Why can`t you address a topic without quoting a bible? Based on your observation, which among poverty and wealth is likely to make one derail from the things of God? In my opinion it is poverty. Poor people are horrible to interact with, especially here in Nigeria.

Poor people are not horrible to interact with. Its all happen in your head. You see everything through your own unique hate lens. Rich people have the money to cover up their sins that's.. Plus their money makes sin look cool. If it was poor shaking their own asss..all over TV. You all will be disgusted. But since its done by the rich and being forced down our collective throat. No one seem to have a counter opinion.

If homosexuality was coming from poor developing nations. The world would have laugh and called them slum bags. But seeing its coming from rich advance, developed nations. No one has alternative view points. Intellectual know all the nice, words not to offend your sensibity. Politically correct people..

" the spirit of the lord is upon me to bring good news to the poor"
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by RichDad1(m): 11:54am On Jul 30, 2017
The LACK of Money is the beginning of all EVIL. Qed cool cool cool
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by nobleblood: 11:59am On Jul 30, 2017
LordKO:

Shut up! Conceited people like you irritates me. Truly, conceit is God's gift to small-minded people like you.

Subject of the thread under discussion says it all, and even if it's otherwise, I'm still entitled to my opinion. So, it smack of idiocy for you to pick on me. For one, I'm not the cause of your obvious wretchedness.

The thread asked "Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin?" it didn't ask "Outcome of a poor person's sinful action and that of a rich person's sinful action which is more potent to cause major harms to the masses."

Did I ruffle your tiny pink feathers little rich boy! ..sowie.

So you were not being conceit when you pick on the poor. You ass hole. Talking about subject matter. Disproved me then if multinational business cooperation don't kill millions of people globally.

Poor people commit more crime. Idiot! What about white collar crimes privalant among the rich. Since you claimed to have stayyed in both enviroment.

Moreover,

That wasn't a real question Mr. Op just post. Its a rhetorical one as far as spirituality or Christianity is concern. Christianity 101.

If at your age. You still don't know the answer to that question by reflex alone, then what are you still doing in this world
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by streamsofjoy(f): 12:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
LordKO:

Shut up! Conceited people like you irritates me. Truly, conceit is God's gift to small-minded people like you.

God bless u!
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by localmovers500(m): 12:08pm On Jul 30, 2017
huche:
Mathew 19:24

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.

When a man is poor, especially when he has no hope or source of income. He tends to go closer to God.

But a rich man that has everything at his disposal, pleasure sets in.

buh with God all things are possible
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by localmovers500(m): 12:11pm On Jul 30, 2017
why is everybody clamoring with poverty you will find God,my own God no be broke ass nigga ooo....

We can handle both your international and local moves for you with a professional touches that will guarantee you safety contact localmovers today on +2349086188728 or whatapp +2349086188728
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by Buzor44(m): 12:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
Poverty, most definitely, the rich tend to keep a low profile for security reasons while, the poor will do almost anytin to become rich i.e ritualist, armed robbery etc.
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by Beedude(m): 12:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
swiz123:
Wealth commands power and power corrupts
If poverty is too much even a pastor will do money ritual. What i can say is that both can make anyone who is weak in spirit to commit
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by Herrmes: 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2017
nobleblood:

Poor people are not horrible to interact with. Its all happen in your head. You see everything through your own unique hate lens. Rich people have the money to cover up their sins that's.. Plus their money makes sin look cool. If it was poor shaking their own asss..all over TV. You all will be disgusted. But since its done by the rich and being forced down our collective throat. No one seem to have a counter opinion.

If homosexuality was coming from poor developing nations. The world would have laugh and called them slum bags. But seeing its coming from rich advance, developed nations. No one has alternative view points. Intellectual know all the nice, words not to offend your sensibity. Politically correct people..

" the spirit of the lord is upon me to bring good news to the poor"
So many ifs, I think we all understand why your argument isn't credible.
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by muller101(m): 2:12pm On Jul 30, 2017
Rorachy:
Poverty.
wealth
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jul 30, 2017
blackbeau1:
Both. As a rich person , your money literally brings sin to your doorstep. As a poor person, you go out looking for sin to improve your life
funny
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by Rapture4real(m): 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
Joeblack01:
Both of of them can equally lead you to sin.
Both of them are capable hence a man in the Bible Augur prayers in Proverbs 30:8 that God should give him neither riches nor poverty but what is sufficient for him
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
Best site where you can buy and sell anything online for bitcoin https://bitify.com?referral=597c755b4290b check it out and u will be glad u did
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by bolrew: 2:39pm On Jul 30, 2017
Poverty!!!!!!!!!! grin
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by Infoay: 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2017
Joeblack01:
Op all i can say is..
It is really an unavoidable end. If we truly realise this, we will tell God to teach us to number our days and then apply wisdom in living our lives. Jesus remain the only way to the father. Please accept Him today and choose to live for Him. Thank you!
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by Oyizza(f): 3:43pm On Jul 30, 2017
lonikit:
As for me, poverty is more potent to influence sin but bible talk more on wealth as being capable to make u sin.

So what is your opinion?

You can't want to have what you already have, those that are rich are rich. Those that are poor want to be rich and most times, won't mind doing anything to be rich. That's why the bible says; For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil, and in their eagerness to be rich some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pains.(1st Timothy 6:10)
So, the desperation to get money by any means(poverty mentality) is the root of evi
l
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by God2man(m): 4:12pm On Jul 30, 2017
Both.

Too much money make you so prone to sin. When there is too much comfort you forget God. Ease is a great hindrance to the next level God wants to take you to spiritually.
Poverty is like two edged sword, it can destroy you and it can also move you closer to God.

It is better to be cautious of the two.

Watch and pray.
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by nobleblood: 4:30pm On Jul 30, 2017
Herrmes:
So many ifs, I think we all understand why your argument isn't credible.

Am not making an argument.

Too many educated people here and there. Education has grown you all far. " Arguments"! ..Lol!

From christainity stand point , are we even suppose to be arguing this?
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by aydes: 4:41pm On Jul 30, 2017
Money is the root of all evil.
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by lonikit: 4:52pm On Jul 30, 2017
aydes:
Money is the root of all evil.

so poverty is the root of all righteousness for ur mind nw. it all depend on mindset. u can be poor like Lazarus and make heaven and be rich as Abraham and make heaven too
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by aydes: 5:05pm On Jul 30, 2017
lonikit:

so poverty is the root of all righteousness for ur mind nw. it all depend on mindset. u can be poor like Lazarus and make heaven and be rich as Abraham and make heaven too

Good observation there, if i break it down ir simply means the love of money is the root of all evil.

God said seek ye the Kingdom of God first ans other things will be added unto you.

In a nutshell, the love of money shouldnt get you into certain activities to make alot of money then negleting heaven. Rather put your hope in christ and work hard in whatever youre into and then all will be fine.

So truly you can be poor and be rich and still make heaven.
Re: Poverty Or Wealth: Which Is More Potent To Influence Sin? by defemie(m): 5:15pm On Jul 30, 2017
As for me I have weird thoughts only when am broke , I feel relaxed when there is little change in the account

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fasting To Death / Father Mbaka Denies Accusing Church & Politicians Of Trying To Kill Him (Video) / Evangelism In Public Buses Is Madness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.