Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Trust In Romantic Relationships In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Trust In Romantic Relationships In Nigeria (269 Views)

Oyinbo Man And His Nigerian Fiancée In Romantic Pre-Wedding Pictures / Man Rocks His Fiancee In Romantic Pre-wedding Pictures / Bride Carries Husband In Romantic Wedding Picture (2) (3) (4)

Trust In Romantic Relationships In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2017
Is trust important in relationships?

According to [wiki] dictionary trust is a firm believe in reliability or ability of someone. In other words, to trust someone means to depend on that person. Thus, it is needed in all forms of partnership or human interaction. Romantic relationships are no diffrent.

However, it is a common practice in Nigeria for partners to claim to be in love and yet lack trust for each other, but can there be true love without trust?

First of all, trust is needed for love because love is suppose to be a mutual feeling between two people in a relationship i.e i love you because you love me. Thus, how can there be any mutual feelings without trust

Secondly, trust is needed to over come the most difficult times in relationships I.e financial difficulties, emotional stress etc

Thirdly, one need to trust others to be able to trust his/ her self . A person is likely to cheat in a relationship where he/ she feels his/her partner is also cheating, but if that thought does not exsit there will less justification for cheating

Furthermore, trust guarantees happiness in relationships, it ensures emotional satisfaction. If trust exist in a relationship there will be less suspicion and argument from both partners

In conclusion, true love and lasting love cannot exist without trust, partners cannot claim to be in love, yet lack trust for each other. Thus, trust is paramount for romance and stable relationships

Cc fumisticqueen
Cc thepussyhunter

We All Get Friend Zoned / Serious Relationship for females only / Married But Still Single? Resume Or Resign

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8