Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,041 members, 7,835,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record (2720 Views)

Thugs Set Electoral Materials Ablaze In Benue / Ekiti Workers To Fayose: We Need Our Salaries, Not Xmas Clothes / IPOB Supporters Chant “Fayose, We Love You” (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by Yorubaangel(m): 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
Ekiti State Governor, Mr Ayodele Fayose, has said he and his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) will use the All Progressives Congress (APC), former Governor Segun Oni or anyone presented by the APC in the 2018 governorship election in the state to set electoral records.
Fayose expressed confidence that 2018 would mark the third time he and his party would defeat the APC and its candidate in governorship elections in the state.
The governor, in a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Idowu. Adelusi, in Ado-Ekiti yesterday, was reacting to comments made by Oni while declaring his intention to contest the 2018 poll that Fayose and the PDP were common enemies that he and the APC must tackle during the poll.
While advising Oni to keep his gunpowder dry until he is able to secure the APC’s ticket, Fayose noted that the APC and whoever it presents for the election would be no match for the PDP and its candidate.
“Defeating the APC in governorship elections is not new to me and my party. We defeated them in 2003 and recorded a landslide victory against them in 2014 when their candidate could not even win his local government. The 2014 victory was very remarkable because Oni was part of a gang up of three former governors against me and my party and we won convincingly.
“Oni tried unsuccessfully to rubbish my administration’s giant strides in the state during my first tenure and the current one. It was during my first term that we dualised all the roads leading to Ado-Ekiti, the state capital. We repositioned education and improved on the state’s performance in public examinations. We are number one in NECO and among the top in WAEC examinations.
“Now, we are not only dualising roads across 11 local government areas, we have extended the Ado-Ikere Road dualisation deep into Ikere town. Because the APC and its leaders in Ekiti lack foresight, they can never ever see anything good in the flyover, new Ojaba Market, new high court complex, new Governor’s Office and other numerous projects we are executing.
“They are simply dumbfounded that in spite of the austere times we are in, our administration has been able to forge ahead with these projects. It is only a leadership that is focused and know its onions that can place the welfare of majority of people over and above the welfare of minority.
“Oni and his day dreamers should be reminded that it was the prodigal APC-led administration of 2010 to 2014 that plunged the state into financial crisis by leaving workers’ entitlements unpaid and borrowing to finance projects it never executed.
“What the former APC government failed to do to improve the living standard of people and workers, we have come to do and it shows in the support and acceptability of our government by Ekiti people. Let Oni first secure the ticket of his party and then see if he can test his might against the will of Ekiti people,” he said.
The governor added that even if a snap election was called, the APC and its candidate would be defeated by his party’s candidate.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/07/2018-governorship-poll-will-use-oni-apc-set-electoral-record-fayose/
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by benosky(m): 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
Please mr governor I will advise you to set record with your achievement for the past 3years in office first before using oni to set electoral record....
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by jjjjj2017: 3:53pm On Jul 23, 2017
APC IS EVIL, IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME THEN YOU ARE A CERTIFIED ZOMBIE!

cc sarrki, madridguy, NgeneUkwenu, babacele, mrvitalis, omenka aka omenkaLives, Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by MONITZ: 3:58pm On Jul 23, 2017
This guy looks so confident,wat could be responsible for this?Is it good governance or "ponmo cutting or rice sharing "that is making him exude this kind of confidence? Time will tell...
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by jjjjj2017: 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2017
MONITZ:
This guy looks so confident,wat could be responsible for this?Is it good governance or "ponmo cutting or rice sharing "that is making him exude this kind of confidence? Time will tell...
Because he's close to his people, do their wishes & they loved him. ordinary APC local government chairmen is not accessible not to talk of their governors that call themselves CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by MediumStout(m): 4:04pm On Jul 23, 2017
jjjjj2017:

Typical attribute of an IPOB youth. No logical reasoning, no intellectual discuss, no time to counter contrary opinions with facts. They just litter the Internet with stupidity like programmed robots. No wonder Nnamdi Kanu is able to control the minds of millions of idiots with deciets and propaganda making you believe that money will grow on trees for you to pluck once biafra Republic is declared. It's a disgrace sharing the tag nigerians with you guys

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by jjjjj2017: 4:06pm On Jul 23, 2017
MediumStout:

[s]Typical attribute of an IPOB youth. No logical reasoning, no intellectual discuss, no time to counter contrary opinions with facts. They just litter the Internet with stupidity like programmed robots. No wonder Nnamdi Kanu is able to control the minds of millions you people with deciets and propaganda making you believe that money will grow on trees for you to pluck once biafra Republic is declared. It's a disgrace sharing the tag nigerians with you guys[/s]
laakaye re ti d'oju de'le! se mo jo omo Igbo? iwo akindindinrin lasanlasan obo laagido grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by bigass123(m): 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2017
Lousy governor talking from both sides of the mouth...
Sadly, he's busy talking nonsense..
Wasted mandate cry
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by psucc(m): 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2017
Time will tell.
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:25pm On Jul 23, 2017
Will Oni be defeated? YES
Will APC be defeated? YES
Will Fayose win? NO
Will PDP win? NO
Who will win Ekiti 2018? APDA
Watch out for APDA as we storm Ekiti on August 5...

STRONGER TOGETHER

4 Likes

Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by IllegalMoney: 4:27pm On Jul 23, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Will Fayose win? NO

Will PDP win? NO

STRONGER TOGETHER

grin grin grin

Tonye u are drunk and confused, switch off ur phone and Stop typing thrash

APDA will get up to 2000 Votes in Ekiti--Quote me anywhere

While advising Oni to keep his gunpowder dry until he is able to secure the APC’s ticket, Fayose noted that the APC and whoever it presents for the election would be no match for the PDP and its candidate.

Defeating the APC in governorship elections is not new to me and my party. We defeated them in 2003 and recorded a landslide victory against them in 2014 when their candidate could not even win his local government. The 2014 victory was very remarkable because Oni was part of a gang up of three former governors against me and my party and we won convincingly.

“Oni tried unsuccessfully to rubbish my administration’s giant strides in the state during my first tenure and the current one. It was during my first term that we dualised all the roads leading to Ado-Ekiti, the state capital. We repositioned education and improved on the state’s performance in public examinations. We are number one in NECO and among the top in WAEC examinations.

“Now, we are not only dualising roads across 11 local government areas, we have extended the Ado-Ikere Road dualisation deep into Ikere town. Because the APC and its leaders in Ekiti lack foresight, they can never ever see anything good in the flyover, new Ojaba Market, new high court complex, new Governor’s Office and other numerous projects we are executing.

“They are simply dumbfounded that in spite of the austere times we are in, our administration has been able to forge ahead with these projects. It is only a leadership that is focused and know its onions that can place the welfare of majority of people over and above the welfare of minority.

“Oni and his day dreamers should be reminded that it was the prodigal APC-led administration of 2010 to 2014 that plunged the state into financial crisis by leaving workers’ entitlements unpaid and borrowing to finance projects it never executed.

Fayose (PDP) will clear all the local governments in next year Ekiti Governorship election --APC Zombies and Buhari Media Crew (BMC) (Ngenekwenu, Madridguy,Sarrki) should quote me

Kayode Oni and Fayemi combined together are no match for Fayose---Zombies and BMC should quote me anywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by tuniski: 4:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
MONITZ:
Good governance and acceptability. If elections are truly free and fair in nigeria, people like Fayose are unstoppable. They know the streets and remain connected to the streets not form sophistication cos you are governor!

The streets vote not those forming sophistry while looting!
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by tuniski: 4:32pm On Jul 23, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Will Fayose win? NO

Will PDP win? NO

STRONGER TOGETHER
I guess u will be campaigning for PDP there. I trust you will do the needful.
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by mrvitalis(m): 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
jjjjj2017:

cc sarrki, madridguy, NgeneUkwenu, babacele, mrvitalis, omenka aka omenkaLives, Mynd44

I'm no party man

I follow respected individuals with track record ,with blind people like you there is no way we can get this country working

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by mrvitalis(m): 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Will Fayose win? NO

Will PDP win? NO

STRONGER TOGETHER

We will all be here when you will jump boat again

You haven't even started and you are jumping like this ,shows you have no ideology or your a blind follower who follow with understanding the choice is yours
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by Babacele: 4:48pm On Jul 23, 2017
jjjjj2017:

PDP is the problem of Nigeria-Gen Owoye Azazi.

The Jonathan years are wasted years- Gov. Seriake Dickson.

PDP is a nest of killers-Prof Wole Soyinka.

Boko Haram are our brothers- former PDP chairman, Bamanga Tukur.

Stealing is not Corruption- Goodluck Jonathan, PDP president.

We will make this country ungovernable- a PDP chieftain.

PDP is equal KANU Nnamdi ipob's fraudulent agitation- Peter Obi of PDP.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by Babacele: 4:53pm On Jul 23, 2017
why is the thugnor tactically campaigning for Oni?
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:01pm On Jul 23, 2017
tuniski:

I guess u will be campaigning for PDP there. I trust you will do the needful.
Lol you wish
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by babdap: 5:49pm On Jul 23, 2017
Fayose should thread carefully, APC might win because he is no more popular in the State.
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by Atiku2019: 5:57pm On Jul 23, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Will Fayose win? NO
Will PDP win? NO

STRONGER TOGETHER

APDA will certainly not have a Presidential Candidate in 2019.....
We need your support too cool

Atiku2019
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by Brooklynsouth(f): 6:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
mrvitalis:

I'm no party man

I follow respected individuals with track record ,with blind people like you there is no way we can get this country working
I long to see you say these words to sarrki and omenka who hate pdp with passion your hypocrisy stinks
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by IllegalMoney: 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
babdap:
Fayose should thread carefully, APC might win because he is no more popular in the State.

grin grin grin

From where are u typing ur thrash from?

If you don't stay in Ekiti, don't say what u don't know, switch off ur phone and go to bed

Fayose is Cult figure in Ekiti---End of discussion

Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2017
Atiku2019:

APDA will certainly not have a Presidential Candidate in 2019.....
We need your support too cool

Atiku2019
Lol
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by sarrki(m): 7:04pm On Jul 23, 2017
Brooklynsouth:
I long to see you say these words to sarrki and omenka who hate pdp with passion your hypocrisy stinks

Sis,

I respect you for this words

I hate PDP with every fibers in my vein
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by Brooklynsouth(f): 7:06pm On Jul 23, 2017
sarrki:

Sis,

I respect you for this words

I hate PDP with every fibers in my vein
my brother can't be a zombie and an uncircumcised muslim
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by IllegalMoney: 7:37pm On Jul 23, 2017
Brooklynsouth:
grin grin grin
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by victorlekan(m): 8:15pm On Jul 23, 2017
Well,if the reaction of the school administrators to the deputy governors speech at the teacher's workshop help at olaoluwa grammar school,ado ekiti is anything to go by,oga fayose think twice..Your teachers are no longer smiling....... .
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by sarrki(m): 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2017
Brooklynsouth:

By the special grace of God

I know you are not a Christ like

I know Chris before you even if you are a Christian you claimed to be

The word of God is love

Finally go and read Jeremiah 32: 27
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by sarrki(m): 8:18pm On Jul 23, 2017
IllegalMoney:

grin grin grin

Religious fanaticism is the worst of all

You now all now. See why I don't slow down for miscreants

No mercy for Igbos
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by nextprince: 8:19pm On Jul 23, 2017
sarrki:

Religious fanaticism is the worst of all

You now all now. See why I don't slow down for miscreants

No mercy for Igbos

grin grin grin
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by MONITZ: 10:19pm On Jul 23, 2017
jjjjj2017:

Because he's close to his people, do their wishes & they loved him. ordinary APC local government chairmen is not accessible not to talk of their governors that call themselves CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY

kk, I know there was a time he said he had the telephone numbers of all the ward chairmen in his state nd their names too, the guy's political CV is somewhat intimidating too , he is the only governor to ve defeated two incumbents.. Well the thing I see working for him is his connection with the streets despite being the governor unlike some of his colleagues that become inaccessible once they become Chief Executives. ..
Re: Fayose: We Will Use Oni, APC To Set Electoral Record by jjjjj2017: 7:33am On Jul 24, 2017
MONITZ:

kk, I know there was a time he said he had the telephone numbers of all the ward chairmen in his state nd their names too, the guy's political CV is somewhat intimidating too , he is the only governor to ve defeated two incumbents.. Well the thing I see working for him is his connection with the streets despite being the governor unlike some of his colleagues that become inaccessible once they become Chief Executives. ..

(1) (Reply)

Those Who Hoped That Kanu Would Return To Be Killed Or Locked Up, Come Cry Here / My Letter To IMF, World Bank & Africa Dev. Bank (ADB). Nnamdi Kanu / Trump Surrogate Jay Sekulow Raises Alarm About Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.