Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment (1214 Views)

I Want To Share Something. Let’s Reason Together. / Senator Shehu Sani Reacts To ASUU Indefinite Strike / Nasir El-Rufai's Thought On Buhari And Babangida's Age In 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by emmasege: 4:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
Hello Nigerians and Nairalanders,

It just occurred to me today that our president has spent close to three months on the current medical leave. And then I also reasoned that the man has had many reasons to be away from his desk since assumption of duty on 29 May 2015. Finally, I asked myself the following questions.

1. What should ordinarily be the fate of an employee who has been on medical leave for 3-4 times within a space of two years?

2. How will his/her employer view his/her continued relevance in their organization if subsequent medical leave takes longer than the previous?

3. Will the employer be pleased with the employee if s/he refuses to disclose her/his ailment which is the reason for such leave?

4. If the said employee happens to be the Managing Director, will such an organization ever achieve its goals while the MD refuses to resign?

5. How efficient can the running of that organization be if the employee's deputy steps in to cover his boss's duty? If the deputy manages to do his boss's duty, who does the deputy's?

6. In the long run, who bears the brunt of the man's sickness, selfishness and wickedness, as well as his colleagues' conspiracy,?

CC: lalasticlala, mynd44

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by Amberon11: 4:23pm On Jul 23, 2017
Good points.

6 Likes

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by vanbonattel: 4:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
Lets ask those that voted him

11 Likes

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by Nutase: 4:36pm On Jul 23, 2017
Your questions are objective but the selfishness in us wouldn't let us answer them objectively. Sad.

6 Likes

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by bolajJP007: 4:43pm On Jul 23, 2017
The answer to your questions will be revealed cone 2019.

4 Likes

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by mightyhazel: 4:46pm On Jul 23, 2017
excellent thread

5 Likes

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by geez18(m): 4:52pm On Jul 23, 2017
bolajJP007:
The answer to your questions will be revealed cone 2019.
2019? come on man!

5 Likes

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by okosodo: 5:09pm On Jul 23, 2017
Zombies do not want to hear

5 Likes

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by Masculity(m): 5:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
The battle line has been drawn. Let me grab seat and watch.

Patriotic vs.....

2 Likes

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by ecdcyber: 5:21pm On Jul 23, 2017
Zombies are coming for u

6 Likes

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by BUHARItesticles: 5:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
This is a valid point for national deliberation but it's unfortunate that those who should stand up in a time like this are either afraid or are beneficiaries of the mess. sad angry
May God save Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by emmasege: 5:41pm On Jul 23, 2017
BUHARItesticles:
This is a valid point for national deliberation but it's unfortunate that those who should stand up in a time like this are either afraid or are beneficial of the mess. sad angry
May God save Nigeria
You are very correct. We may even be going too far looking for patriotic Nigerians. Let's start from nairaland. Less important threads make fp with just about 5 posts within five minutes, while more important threads like this which define our fate and prosperity as a nation, are kept off fp.

The case of Nigeria is pathetic and one wonders if the current generation of youths will not be far worse than the fathers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by emmasege: 5:47pm On Jul 23, 2017
vanbonattel:
Lets ask those that voted him

CC: madridguy, Sarrki & co.

3 Likes

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jul 23, 2017
The Nigerian constitution has already dealt with this matter

There is a 90 day rule which I believe Saraki will invoke if the President does not show up

But while those 90days are yet to elapse Osibanjo is the VP and he should simply do his job!

No need for gramma
Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 23, 2017
Osibanjo only job is to step in when Buhari is not there!

When Osibanjo is not there, the Senate President steps in. It's all covered in the constitution!

Osibanjo is acting President and should do his job.

All this campaign for Buhari to resign is spearheaded by the Yorubas who simply can not wait and let destiny take its full course

If you guys honestly think Osibanjo is the answer to all your problems then let Osibanjo resign and start campaigning for 2019 Presidency! Otherwise he must fall in line and do his job!

This business of seeking the Presidency through the back door has just got to stop!

It is Buhari's choice to resign, you can not force him to!

1 Like

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by ojobekehinde: 6:05pm On Jul 23, 2017
krendo:

There is a 90 day rule which I believe Saraki will invoke if the President does not show up

But while those 90days are yet to elapse Osibanjo is the VP and he should simply do his job!

No need for gramma
Then who is the acting vice president?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by emmasege: 6:07pm On Jul 23, 2017
krendo:
Osibanjo only job is to step in when Buhari is not there!

Osibanjo is acting President and should do his job.

All this campaign for Buhari to resign is spearheaded by the Yorubas who simply can not wait and let destiny take its full course

If you guys honestly think Osibanjo is the answer to all your problems then let Osibanjo resign and start campaigning for 2019 Presidency! Otherwise he must fall in line and do his job!

This business of seeking the Presidency through the back door has just got to stop!

It is Buhari's choice to resign, you can not force him to!
So, you'd rather have an indefinite vacuum in the presidency because of a sheer hatred for a race. Though I'm Yoruba, I'm sorry to disappoint you that Osinbajo's person does not appeal to me and neither am I convinced that he's the solution to Nigeria's problem. I've often times expressed it in nairaland that Osinbajo is a misfit for the office of the president just like his boss. However, he's still better than his utterly clueless and wicked boss. After all, amongst devils, some are less dangerous than others.

3 Likes

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by DieBuhari: 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2017
Waiting for Yoruba Muslims to answer

3 Likes

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by obonujoker(m): 6:09pm On Jul 23, 2017
We the Yoruba Muslims are OK with it..... wen diezani loot money, where you epistle??

Buhari must rule anyhow he like...

1 Like

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jul 23, 2017
emmasege:
So, you'd rather have an indefinite vacuum in the presidency because of a sheer hatred for a race. Though I'm Yoruba, I'm sorry to disappoint you that Osinbajo's person does not appeal to me and neither am I convinced that he's the solution to Nigeria's problem. I've often times expressed it in nairaland that Osinbajo is a misfit for the office of the president just like his boss. However, he's still better than his utterly clueless and wicked boss. After all, amongst devils, some are less dangerous than others.

Nobody hates anybody

People's inability to follow the rules is the problem. Everybody knew Buhari was ill and Nigerians voted for him anyway. We must wait for 2019 to correct this mistake.

Buhari did the right thing by informing the NASS that he is going away and power was transferred to his vice.

There is no vacuum, the Presidency is an institution and not some sole proprietorship. It should be able to function in the absence of Buhari. Osibanjo just needs to do his job. Simple!
Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 23, 2017
ojobekehinde:
Then who is the acting vice president?

There is nothing like acting Vice President

There is no need for one

The main duty of the Vice President is to step in when the President is not there

If anything happens to Osibanjo, then Saraki will step, the constitution is clear on this!

You guys must learn to obey simple rules and stop making it up as you go along!

Wait for the 90days, if Buhari does not show up then we can start talking!
Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by emmasege: 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2017
krendo:

Nobody hates anybody

People's inability to follow the rules is the problem. Everybody knew Buhari was ill and Nigerians voted for him anyway. We must wait for 2019 to correct this mistake.

Buhari did the right thing by informing the NASS that he is going away and power was transferred to his vice.

There is no vacuum, the Presidency is an institution and not some sole proprietorship. It should be able to function in the absence of Buhari. Osibanjo just needs to do his job. Simple!
How many people knew Buhari was ill before voting him? Even when Fayose came up with an ABUTH document that a certain Muhammad Buhari had prostrate cancer, didn't Buhari and his party debunk such?

Are you telling me that the nation should keep indulging an incapacitated president even when constitution makes provision for correcting such an error?

Didn't this same man (Buhari) ask Yaradua to resign even after NASS had declared Jonathan as Acting President? Were you also aware that Lai Muhammed demanded the then FG to give daily briefings on the state of health of Yaradua while that episode lasted?

Please, you guys should be objective once in a while in the interest of this nation.
Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 23, 2017
emmasege:
How many people knew Buhari was ill before voting him? Even when Fayose came up with an ABUTH document that a certain Muhammad Buhari had prostrate cancer, didn't Buhari and his party debunk such?

Are you telling me that the nation should keep indulging an incapacitated president even when constitution makes provision for correcting such an error?

Didn't this same man (Buhari) ask Yaradua to resign even after NASS had declared Jonathan as Acting President? Were you also aware that Lai Muhammed demanded the then FG to give daily briefings on the state of health of Yaradua while that episode lasted?

Please, you guys should be objective once in a while in the interest of this nation.

If you know how complex it is to prove incapacitation you won't even go there!

Buhari is 74 what did you expect? When fayose warned everyone about the health of Buhari how much effort did the APC and his supporters put to seek the truth?

My dear, you guys need to wait till 2019 to make a different choice except Buhari does not show up on the 90th day or dies

Otherwise the rules are the rules, no room for emotions or backdoor coronation of Osibanjo

If objectivity meant anything to you lot you won't elect a 74yr old former dictator as your President! Now you can't even allow him the honour to serve out his term? Shocking!
Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by emmasege: 6:48pm On Jul 23, 2017
krendo:

If you know how complex it is to prove incapacitation you won't even go there!

Buhari is 74 what did you expect? When fayose warned everyone about the health of Buhari how much effort the APC and his supporters put to seek the truth?

My dear, you guys need to wait till 2019 to make a different choice except Buhari does not show up on the 90th day or dies

Otherwise the rules are the rules, no room for emotions or backdoor coronation of Osibanjo
It's only difficult because it's Buhari and the FG knows what his fanatical supporters are capable of doing up north.

This is one of my main concerns against Buhari and his APC. Buhari and the then southwest ACN castigated Yaradua over the same offence they are now guilty of. Whatever is sin for anyone outside of Buhari's world is righteousness for him and anyone within his camp.

Who does that? Only hypocrites do, and this is why I reckon that Buhari is a liar and falls short of integrity, a fake attribute on which he rode into power.

I put it to all zombies that Buhari is a corrupt man because corruption is not only fiscal but moral or ethical.
Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jul 23, 2017
emmasege:
It's only difficult because it's Buhari and the FG knows what his fanatical supporters are capable of doing up north.

This is one of my main concerns against Buhari and his APC. Buhari and the then southwest ACN castigated Yaradua over the same offence they are now guilty of. Whatever is sin for anyone outside of Buhari's world is righteousness for him and anyone within his camp.

Who does that? Only hypocrites do, and this is why I reckon that Buhari is a liar and falls short of integrity, a fake attribute on which he rode into power.

I put it to all zombies that Buhari is a corrupt man because corruption is not only fiscal but moral or ethical.

Buhari is both morally and fiscally corrupt but none of that matters anymore as he is already president

Right now everyone must take a chill pill and follow the rules as they are. Osibanjo should act in the absence of the President. That's his job.

As far as Buhari's future as President goes? Only God can tell. If Buhari dies or is unable to return he will lose office whether the cabal like it or not.

If Buhari does not die but survives, he will remain in office whether you and I like it or not.

It is not a criminal offence to be sick. Buhari can not be impeached for being ill.

Next time choose wisely when electing your Presidents!
Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by Houseofglam7(f): 7:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
The zombies will avoid this thread like a bad rash
Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by onlyme07(m): 7:31pm On Jul 23, 2017
Only if we can discuss objectively without sentiments. It will go along way to answer some salient questions in our minds and prepare us for 2019. Good, we all know that Nigeria is on the verge of disunity.

My lecturer once said,the only solution to our woes is to talk and write without sentiments. They (politicians) detest negative news/comments and the moment they see anything as such,they try as much as possible to destroy it or change. That is what is called,ideological revolution..Dr O.G Ajere.

Let us write and talk in forums that can change the mindset of our politicians. Remember,we don't have any other country than this. Leave ethnicity and religion out of this discussion. Let us have a healthy discussion and see if something positive can be made in 2019. We can only prepare for the future and it must start NOW.
Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by Jengem: 7:34pm On Jul 23, 2017
Please he need to stay in uk
Even for burial
Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by alezzy13: 6:15am On Jul 24, 2017
krendo:

No need for gramma

Which 90days rule? Are you sure about this? where in the constitution is it stated?

As I understand, there is no time limit on how long the president can be out of office. That's the problem.

The idea of course is that as long as he has transmitted the letter to NASS making Osinbanjo acting president, he has fulfilled the necessary requirement. The latter can (or should be able to) act in full capacity as the C-in-C until the return of this principal.

The only persons or group that can declare him unfit are the FEC. That provision, I believe is a serious flaw in our laws.

However, I will concede OP raised valid and salient points, and I say this as one who fully supported PMB.

1 Like

Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by babyfaceafrica: 6:32am On Jul 24, 2017
Easier said than done, politics is the more you look the less you see...am sure if you get there,you won't do better,even bubu thought it was easy,when it dawn on him that no be beans
..he tire..Nigeria is a complex nation to rule
Re: On Buhari's Indefinite Sick Leave: Let's Reason For A Moment by ednut1(m): 1:42pm On Jul 24, 2017
wrong comparison. Nigeria is not a company. when Taiwo Adenirokun was battling cancer his deputy was in charge

(1) (Reply)

IPOB, Others To Adopt Candidate For Anambra Election / FACTSHEET: What The Buhari Administration Has Achieved In Two Years / Catalonia Announces Independence Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.